PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the Indy Speedway?

reevie
5/18/2008, 08:37 PM
I'm going to go to the Brickyard in July, but I don't know where I should get seats. I've never been to a NASCAR race so I don't know where I should get a seat.

Any suggestions?

TIA

BudSooner
5/19/2008, 11:29 AM
I'm going to go to the Brickyard in July, but I don't know where I should get seats. I've never been to a NASCAR race so I don't know where I should get a seat.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Never been, but it's always been a childhood wish to go there along with Yankee stadim.
Since the track is so large it makes viewing the whole race track difficult to see but if there is one place I would choose money being NO option, then it would be on the pit road side on the front straight....near the Pagoda.
Not sure what the pricing is like, though I can imagine it's quite high, the most action would be in this area for the end of the race.
People i've talked to that have been there actually enjoyed being near turn one for some reason, i'm not sure why either.
There is alot to see when going, enjoy the trip.

r5TPsooner
5/19/2008, 01:31 PM
Pretty decent place expect lots of noise. I recommend a set of ear plugs.

OKLA21FAN
5/19/2008, 02:17 PM
Indy is not the best when it comes to sight lines for fans. rule of thumb applies though. the higher the seat, the more you will be able to see.

be advised that even the 'choice' seat will only offer a view of about 1/3 of the track.

also, if sitting on the front stretch, earplugs or headsets are a must.

Whet
6/2/2008, 10:35 PM
why Brickyard? why not Chicagoland?

Whet
6/2/2008, 10:36 PM
And - earplugs are necessary, regardless where you sit! Also, think about renting a scanner for the race, you'll be glad you did!

reevie
6/10/2008, 09:31 PM
why Brickyard? why not Chicagoland?

I'll be in Indy visiting in-laws that week. So it is a matter of having the opportunity to go.

Paperclip
6/10/2008, 09:46 PM
In-laws? Do you have another wife I don't know about?

reevie
6/11/2008, 06:38 AM
Only if you don't tell her