PDA

View Full Version : Sooners make Big XII Baseball Tournament !!!!

Soonerus
5/18/2008, 06:52 PM
...beat OSU 10-4 today !!!!

SleestakSooner
5/18/2008, 06:56 PM
Talk about clutch... now let's get a winning streak going!

SoonerShark
5/18/2008, 07:52 PM
Had osy? beaten us today, they would have been the Big 12 top seed since they had beaten A&M twice in their series. We bumped them to 2 and we crawled all the way to the 8th seed. Oddly enough, the team behind us, KU, swept us, and we took 2 of 3 from the teams directly in front of us, KSU and Baylor. Thank goodness that we tied Nebraska or KU would have taken the last spot from us, which they deserved after the beating they put on us in Lawrence.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/18/2008, 07:59 PM
I'll be the first to say that I was a naysayer after game 1 against K-State and after watching us live last night I had little hope. O well, bonus baseball here we come!

SoonerShark
5/18/2008, 08:09 PM
Seeds 1, 4, 5 and 8 are in our side of the bracket, which are A&M, UM, UT and OU.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/18/2008, 09:02 PM
Seeds 1, 4, 5 and 8 are in our side of the bracket, which are A&M, UM, UT and OU.

Oh geeze. We went 2-7 against these teams.

badger
5/18/2008, 09:15 PM
Woooooowwwww... go baseball :D

stoopified
5/18/2008, 09:34 PM
I hate that we had to squeak in but am glad we made it.

tulsaoilerfan
5/18/2008, 09:53 PM
Guess i'm a pessimist, but we sound like Aggies; is it really worth celebrating getting in as the last seed?

tommieharris91
5/18/2008, 10:16 PM
I'd celebrate more if we made the big tournament.

Civicus_Sooner
5/19/2008, 07:29 AM
Woooooowwwww... go baseball :DBut we've done some dang good things against the to 20 this season and those teams are due.

KingBarry
5/19/2008, 02:10 PM
One question for someone more knowledgeable than me:

What do we have to do to get into the big tourney? Win the conference tourney, or something less?

poke4christ
5/19/2008, 04:53 PM
One question for someone more knowledgeable than me:

What do we have to do to get into the big tourney? Win the conference tourney, or something less?

I think at this point OU probably needs to win the tourney, which isn't as far out as some would say. OU has underperformed most of the year. The biggest challenge would be breaking that streak mentally.

badger
5/19/2008, 05:12 PM
Guess i'm a pessimist, but we sound like Aggies; is it really worth celebrating getting in as the last seed?

Yes, but DAG NABBIT, we lost eight straight to them and if ending it means we squeak into the Big 12 tourney... BOOMER to the SOONER!

:pop:

Soonerus
5/19/2008, 10:12 PM
Hey, I am proud of the Sooners !!!!

TopDawg
5/20/2008, 12:37 AM
OU has underperformed most of the year. The biggest challenge would be breaking that streak mentally.

We either over-performed a small part of the year or under-performed for most of the year.

I'm leaning towards the former, but hoping it's the latter and we're about to see an end to it.

badger
5/20/2008, 10:38 AM
We either over-performed a small part of the year or under-performed for most of the year.

I'm leaning towards the former, but hoping it's the latter and we're about to see an end to it.

Sounds like basketball... how did we go from "Argh, NIT is best hope" to "LOCK FOR THE TOURNEY! YAY! CAPEL FOR LIFETIME CONTRACT!" and such?

I suppose the last part of the year is the best time for a team to come alive, right? I mean, now that we're in elimination stages, wouldn't you rather they get in a winning habit for the postseason rather than the regular season?

(and I know you would rather have both, but that's not part of this question, mkay?)

If Sonny and his boys pull of a huge run and make the postseason, I think people might back off the call for his job... but to be honest, I don't expect that to happen. I just wish that our team could have had that spark they had in OSU game 3 Sunday after that announcement that there was a still a chance they could make the tourney for the entire season.