PDA

View Full Version : It's Summer and Every Team is Undefeated

Rogue
5/18/2008, 04:18 PM
Do you get more optimistic or concerned as the first game approaches?

Me - I get a little more hopeful, excited, and optimistic through the summer every year (yes during the 90s too) until I'm convinved by about the 1st of August that this year's Sooners are no doubt the greatest team ever to strap on helmets and that, barring a few injuries and having some good fortune, are sure to be a team of destiny.

But maybe that's just me.

Jewstin
5/18/2008, 04:42 PM
Honestly, almost every year part of me goes through a phase where I totally see us winning it all.

This year, it's actually happening again, despite my concerns of losing Lofton, simply because this will be the first season since fall '03 that I haven't been a student there. I have the worst luck on the planet ... seriously, I'm cursed. 2005 Orange Bowl? Me. 2004 Sugar Bowl? Me. Everything else? Me.

:D So, now that I'm gone, we'll finally get some breaks. And that's what we need, since we haven't gotten any for about 4 years now.

jthomasou78
5/18/2008, 04:53 PM
Try having your only years at OU be the Blake and Schnelly years then tell me about bad luck!

47straight
5/18/2008, 09:44 PM
Hope springs eternal!

Rogue
5/19/2008, 05:48 AM
Try having your only years at OU be the Blake and Schnelly years then tell me about bad luck!

Yup. Actually I started in '93 so I got one Gibbs year in there too.
There were games when my roommate and I were 2 of about 900 fans in the stands toward the end of the game. It seemed like only 100 people or so in that huge stadium, but I know it was probably a bunch more.

soonermix
5/19/2008, 08:57 AM
I have the worst luck on the planet ... seriously, I'm cursed. 2005 Orange Bowl? Me. 2004 Sugar Bowl? Me. Everything else? Me.

:D So, now that I'm gone, we'll finally get some breaks. And that's what we need, since we haven't gotten any for about 4 years now.

good now give us back our SOONER MAGIC!!!!!;)

Jewstin
5/19/2008, 09:04 AM
Hahaha ... fair enough. No comparison on the bad luck there. ;D

KantoSooner
5/19/2008, 10:32 AM
Well, since I'm completely rational and logic driven. <call me Mr. Spock, if you will> I am unfamiliar with the doubts you express above. But KNOW THIS: the sooners this year will be a team of legend as they grind their opponents into paste and stomp to No. 8.

Hey! Put that down! That's MY koolaid.

Collier11
5/19/2008, 12:30 PM
This yr has been a little tougher for me to get over than usual...typically I am ready to go about a month after the season but after the way weve lost our recent bowl games I am still kind of out of it. I assume I will start getting excited around July or so, I will start getting really excited about the 1st week of August then I will start watching lots of LAS OU videos to give myself blue balls, then I will start actually analyzing the season in my head and getting excited about the 1st game, my trip to washington, and OU/tx

Fraggle145
5/19/2008, 02:00 PM
good now give us back our SOONER MAGIC!!!!!;)

and all this time I thought the magical power of our cross-continent synchronized dippy was failing...

Damn you Jewstin. :mad:

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0007310001461_LG.jpg

+

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0007310000150_LG.jpg

=

OU win.

Now wheres my 3.5 million dollars ;)

RedstickSooner
5/19/2008, 04:37 PM
Now, I hope I don't get negged to heck 'n back... But I haven't gotten very excited pre-season the last few years.

After the 2005 season, I've had a hard time thinking "This is the year we win it ALL!"

Instead, I just get excited by a very simple mantra: "Soon I get to watch the Sooners again!"

Which, for me, is plenty.

badger
5/19/2008, 05:06 PM
It's Summer and Every Team is Overrated. We are all highly above average and it is everyone's year to win the nationl championship, as we all are championship-calibur teams. Everyone had outstanding recruiting classes and promising spring games. Coaches at every program stressed the many positives that can be seen ebbing for every inch and every position on every side of the ball, from offense to defense, to special. Every team has the potential to win the conference, every team has the potential to go to a bowl. Everybody is a winner, for everyone is undefeated!

Everyone is special, for it is summer.

...which is another way of saying nobody is :rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
5/20/2008, 01:15 AM
What they *really* need to do, Badger, is hand out trophies for the summer.

Or does Tejas already do that? :D

badger
5/20/2008, 08:28 AM
What they *really* need to do, Badger, is hand out trophies for the summer.

Or does Tejas already do that? :D

Well, they DID hand out rings for losing to us one year! Remember?

"Were Big 12 South Co-champions! Ok, let's take off the CO-champions, make it CHAMPIONS and then make rings!"

:rolleyes:

But yes, every team is overrated right now :D