PDA

View Full Version : The Cat Genie

Frozen Sooner
5/17/2008, 05:41 PM
So someone bought one of these (www.catgenie.com) things for me as a present.

Hooked it up last night-that's right, I now have a litter box that I actually have to hook in to the house's water supply-and we'll see how it goes. I'll report back to you.

So far, the thing is clean as a whistle, but I don't know if that's because it scared the bejesus out of the cats when it did it's cleaning cycle and they don't want to go near it.

5/17/2008, 05:42 PM
You'll have your answer soon enough.

soonerbrat
5/17/2008, 05:55 PM
hey, that looks pretty cool...definitely let us know how well it works. i'd use one

soonerbrat
5/17/2008, 05:55 PM
i mean..i'd buy one for my cats to use

Flagstaffsooner
5/17/2008, 06:01 PM
So someone bought one of these (http://www.catgenie.com) things for me as a present.

$300 poop box as a gift. You got good friends.

Frozen Sooner
5/17/2008, 07:06 PM
hey, that looks pretty cool...definitely let us know how well it works. i'd use one

Will do.

I was doing the normal acclimatization deal last night (you know, put each cat in the new box so they know that there's sand in there.) Steve handled it just fine. Ted, on the other hand, once he figured out what was going on, yowled like all the demons of Hell were attacking and clamped his forelegs arount my head, digging in with his claws on my scalp.

StoopTroup
5/17/2008, 07:15 PM
If your cats start disappearing...

I'd sue.

GottaHavePride
5/17/2008, 08:38 PM
5KYvpskat0I

AlbqSooner
5/17/2008, 09:06 PM
My cat is dead. However, during his lifetime he would have, due to the shape, tried to drink from it.

SicEmBaylor
5/17/2008, 09:20 PM
So someone bought one of these (www.catgenie.com) things for me as a present.

Hooked it up last night-that's right, I now have a litter box that I actually have to hook in to the house's water supply-and we'll see how it goes. I'll report back to you.

So far, the thing is clean as a whistle, but I don't know if that's because it scared the bejesus out of the cats when it did it's cleaning cycle and they don't want to go near it.

My parents got my sister one for her cat and the thing wouldn't go within 100' of it. It scared the bejesus out of that cat.

Mjcpr
5/17/2008, 09:31 PM
My parents got my sister one for her cat and the thing wouldn't go within 100' of it. It scared the bejesus out of that cat.

Yeah, stuff that starts up unpredictably and makes noise usually aren't cat faves. :D

mdklatt
5/17/2008, 11:11 PM
He doesn't even have opposable thumbs, Focker!

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2008, 11:30 AM

Day four. The cats have been using it and seem to be OK with it. It seems to be working well-the bathroom it's in smells nice.

StoopTroup
5/20/2008, 11:51 AM
Heh.

e9dI5eDxWzI

WRuuOCZ25QM

OklahomaRed
5/20/2008, 12:09 PM
Let em' crap in the neighbor's flower bed like everyone else. :D

6/18/2008, 10:40 PM
You'll have your answer soon enough.

I was negged by Pink Floyd for this post.

Not sure, but I think that was my first neg.

AWESOME! That is classic.:D

Frozen Sooner
6/18/2008, 10:41 PM
I was negged by Pink Floyd for this post.

Not sure, but I think that was my first neg.

AWESOME! That is classic.. :D

He was probably trying to get me. Guy's got a hard on that won't quit.

GottaHavePride
6/18/2008, 10:44 PM
It's clearly been more than 4 hours. He should contact his doctor immediately.

6/18/2008, 10:45 PM
No, he commented that I look like I just tasted a bowl of "chit" as well. (I assume the eddie avatar thing was a little much for whatever trip he's on.)

Eh, who cares. I think it's funny that a post as mindless as THAT drew a neg.

OUbones
6/18/2008, 11:57 PM
He probably thinks you were born in Hawaii.

OU4LIFE
6/19/2008, 07:36 AM
He was probably trying to get me. Guy's got a hard on that won't quit.

He should give it back, cause you know it ain't his.

tbl
6/19/2008, 09:25 AM
I had one of those self scooping cat boxes that would dump the poo and pee clumps into a reservoir that you then had to empty. My cats hated that thing.

This looks like waaaaaaay too much effort. I currently only have one cat and I use the cheap litter, let his box get full of poop and pee, then dump the whole thing and start over. Easy to do, cheap, and I can keep it downstairs locked away in his cat closet. We have a storage closet in the basement I cut a pet door into so you can't hardly smell it either. Hooking it up to a toilet in a house with young kids is just asking for trouble.

OU4LIFE
6/19/2008, 09:34 AM
so you can't hardly smell it either

sounds wonderful.

see, this is why you get a DOG people.

Pricetag
6/19/2008, 09:34 AM
I had one of those self scooping cat boxes that would dump the poo and pee clumps into a reservoir that you then had to empty. My cats hated that thing.

This looks like waaaaaaay too much effort. I currently only have one cat and I use the cheap litter, let his box get full of poop and pee, then dump the whole thing and start over. Easy to do, cheap, and I can keep it downstairs locked away in his cat closet. We have a storage closet in the basement I cut a pet door into so you can't hardly smell it either. Hooking it up to a toilet in a house with young kids is just asking for trouble.
I have to take care of my mom's cats when she's out of town, and I have to say that I agree completely with you. The more stuff she's bought in an attempt to make the process easier and cleaner has made it more disgusting in the end.

She has two of the auto scoop boxes, neither of which work. In addition, she's using this dust-free litter that is made of organic material that adds it's own smell to the mix and just really makes it a lot tougher.

soonerbrat
6/19/2008, 11:15 AM
sounds wonderful.

see, this is why you get a DOG people.

yah, cuz dogs smell so great.

OU4LIFE
6/19/2008, 11:18 AM
they do if they are taken care of. at least they don't **** in a box in my house so I get to smell that.

that, and my dog greets me at the door with a smile and a wagging tail EVERY day.

Frozen Sooner
6/19/2008, 11:24 AM
By the way, this thing is working pretty well so far and doesn't smell.

So there's that.

M
6/19/2008, 11:36 AM
that, and my dog greets me at the door with a smile and a wagging tail EVERY day.

Awww.

I must say that when I pull in my driveway after work, 9 times out of 10 my cat is sitting in the front window waiting for my arrival. It's really cute. :)

soonerbrat
6/19/2008, 11:50 AM
My cat greets me at the door too. and if for some reason he gets left outside and i have to run an errand or something, he runs out to the car when I get home

Bone
6/19/2008, 12:16 PM
I was doing the normal acclimatization deal last night (you know, put each cat in the new box so they know that there's sand in there.) Steve handled it just fine. Ted, on the other hand, once he figured out what was going on, yowled like all the demons of Hell were attacking and clamped his forelegs arount my head, digging in with his claws on my scalp.

You know it was Bill & Ted that had the excellent adventure, right? Not Steve & Ted.

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 12:53 PM
at least they don't **** in a box in my house so I get to smell that.

But with dogs, you have to schedule your life around their bathroom breaks so that they don't crap on the floor. I don't think that's much of an improvement.

Bone
6/19/2008, 12:56 PM
But with dogs, you have to schedule your life around their bathroom breaks so that they don't crap on the floor. I don't think that's much of an improvement.

Animals can live outside.

mdklatt
6/19/2008, 12:58 PM
Animals can live outside.

Animals like cats?

tbl
6/19/2008, 01:21 PM
they do if they are taken care of. at least they don't **** in a box in my house so I get to smell that.

My cat box doesn't stink unless you open the door and that's only when I clean it out. I don't have to bathe my cat. Ever. He doesn't stink at all. He can lay all over every piece of furniture in the house and you can't smell him at all. Inside dogs suck. They stink up the house, regardless of how often you bathe them. Which is worse? Dumping out a litter box once every 10 days or bathing a dog every 10 days? It literally takes me all of 70 seconds to dump, reload, and tie off the garbage bag. Bathing a dog sucks, plus its really not that effective as your house, car, and everything you own most likely still smells like dog (regardless of what people tell you). I don't have to let my cat out multiple times in a day. I don't face any risk of pooping or peeing in the floor if he doesn't go outside.

My cat greets me at the door every time I walk in with a meow and a rub on the legs (sometimes giving him the boot if I'm wearing black slacks that I'm planning on rewearing). If I go out of town, I just have to make sure he has enough food and water to last till I get home.

StoopTroup
6/19/2008, 01:58 PM
My cat box doesn't stink.

I don't have any cats.

Problem solved.

OU4LIFE
6/20/2008, 07:16 AM

They make these cool new inventions called doggie doors.

My dog goes out when he needs to.

My dog is cooler than your cat.

My dogs LOVES cats, but he can't eat more than one.

Take your cat outside and play fetch, tell me how that works out for you. Take your cat for a walk in the park, play some frisbee, that would be fun.

tbl
6/20/2008, 07:48 AM
They make these cool new inventions called doggie doors. My dog goes out when he needs to.

I know. I have one installed on the cat room. Mine doesn't let bugs and outside air into my house though...

I did forget one more thing about dogs. See, I can clean up 10 days worth of poops by dumping a box into a trash bag. You on the other hand have to go through your yard and individually pick up each poop, or carry something with you to the park or on the walks to pick up the presents he leaves along the way (unless you're THAT guy that lets his dog poop all over other peoples property and leaves it there). If you don't pick up the poops in the yard or you miss one, that's always a pleasant surprise when you're mowing the grass. Know how many cat poops I've stepped in in my life?

Depends... My cat leaves me alone a lot of the time and isn't constantly craving attention. He comes when I call and if he bugs me when I don't feel like messing with him, I push him away one time and he gets the picture.

My dogs LOVES cats, but he can't eat more than one.

Are you saying he can't consume more than one cat or he doesn't require more food than a cat?

Take your cat outside and play fetch, tell me how that works out for you. Take your cat for a walk in the park, play some frisbee, that would be fun.

I have kids to play outside with. ;) Also, have fun picking up the poops... and seriously, don't be "that" guy. People who let their animals dump in other peoples yards are on par with people that randomly key vehicles or throw trash all over the road.

OU4LIFE
6/20/2008, 07:55 AM
I have a medium sized dog, so I don't pick up poo. My yard is large enough that I need a lawn tractor, and his poo is small enough to not need to bother with.

Now, if I had a great dane or something, that'd be a different deal entirely. You'd HAVE to pick that stuff up.

we'll just have to agree to disagree. I prefer the companionship of a dog. You're a cat person.

oh, and don't be 'that guy' that lets your cat out to go take a **** in my flower beds. that's actually a place I AM in and that is just as wrong as having someone's dog dump in your yard.

OU4LIFE
6/20/2008, 07:56 AM
Oh, and people don't go out to the Deanarosa to shoot dogs...

mdklatt
6/20/2008, 08:57 AM

I don't have a cat. I don't have a dog. Trying to claim that dogs are better than cats or vice versa is as dumb as arguing over whether or not Pepsi is better than Coke. Whatever floats your boat.

SoonerJack
6/20/2008, 09:10 AM
Love dogs, love cats. But at the end of the day you have to admit that Steve and Ted are excellent cat names.

OU4LIFE
6/20/2008, 09:20 AM
Love dogs, love cats. But at the end of the day you have to admit that Steve and Ted are excellent cat names.

Not as good as teh STORY behind Steve's name.....

it's excellent

Frozen Sooner
6/20/2008, 11:21 AM
Heh. I'm surprised anyone remembers that.

OU4LIFE
6/20/2008, 11:22 AM
dude, I tell it all the time, it's teh win.

tbl
6/20/2008, 04:27 PM
I don't have a cat. I don't have a dog. Trying to claim that dogs are better than cats or vice versa is as dumb as arguing over whether or not Pepsi is better than Coke. Whatever floats your boat.

I agree. I just think from a convenience POV, cats are better. Dogs are too much effort.

I would like to hear the story behind Steves name though...

Mjcpr
6/20/2008, 04:33 PM
Froze was a huge fan of Steve Grogan's neck.

The end.