PDA

View Full Version : Hey OKC!!!

Okla-homey
5/17/2008, 03:01 PM
succ it! ;)

http://top100.relocate-america.com/

(not a total dis mind you. OKC is in the "Top 100" -- about 60 cities behind Oklahoma's pre-eminent city.)

Incorporated in 1898, Tulsa lies in the heart of "Green Country", a fertile forested region of rolling hills in northeastern Oklahoma. Straddling Tulsa, Osage and Rogers counties, Tulsa is the second largest city in the state, located 90 miles northeast of the state capital, Oklahoma City. Tulsa boasts of low unemployment, with an economy based on telecommunications, manufacturing, aerospace, transportation and energy.

Tulsa is home to nationally recognized cultural activities with four museums, including the Thomas Gilcrease Institute of American History and Art, which houses the world's largest collection of Thomas Moran's work, and various music and dance companies, including the internationally known Tulsa Opera.

Tulsa also boasts of a deep water port located on the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System, offering a Foreign Trade Zone, two industrial parks and liquid and dry cargo storage. Tulsa International Airport offers direct service to most major cities in the United States.

Several universities serve the Tulsa area including a recently added branch of Oklahoma State University. Union Public Schools is a rapidly growing suburban, K-12 district in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The 28-square-mile area that comprises Union is unique in that it does not encompass a township, but rather incorporates within its boundaries much of southeast Tulsa and the northwest portion of nearby Broken Arrow. The school system acts as a unifying organization within the community, providing activities for its families and a sense of pride, support and identity for its patrons.

In short, despite recent livability inroads made by its larger sister city to the southwest, Tulsa remains pre-eminent in the Sooner State as its most beautiful, prosperous, culturally rich and desireable relocation destination.

r5TPsooner
5/17/2008, 03:06 PM
Having just moved back to OKC and if I could've picked to relocate bewteen the two I would have chosen Tulsa as well. My wife feels the say way I think.

silverwheels
5/17/2008, 03:12 PM
More and more people are starting to realize that Tulsa is the greatest city in the world's history. It's only a matter of time before the national capital is moved to T-Town.

Okla-homey
5/17/2008, 03:13 PM
More and more people are starting to realize that Tulsa is the greatest city in the world's history. It's only a matter of time before the national capital is moved to T-Town.

we prolly wouldn't approve of such tackiness.;)

silverwheels
5/17/2008, 03:14 PM
we prolly wouldn't approve of such tackiness.;)

Good point. It should have been, "the gub'ment begged to move to Tulsa but were denied. Nicely and Eloquently."

5/17/2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, but who is closest to Mecca? ;)

Okla-homey
5/17/2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but who is closest to Mecca? ;)

OKC of course. But you have to drive thru a lot of trailer parks to get there.:D

Jerk
5/17/2008, 04:46 PM
with an economy based on telecommunications,...

I don't know how anyone can survive in Tulsa on $8.50 / hr

Flagstaffsooner
5/17/2008, 04:52 PM
"Houston of the North";)

5/17/2008, 04:56 PM
For the record, I'll go ahead and say Tulsa wins out over most of OKC. Bricktown gains a bunch of points, but the city as a whole has an edge on Tulsa on the suckitude scale.

Tulsa is actually pretty cool. For "cool destinations" reasons, too bad it's located in Tulsa.

StoopTroup
5/17/2008, 05:43 PM
Some may say that OU Football is closer to OKC and gives OKC an edge...

But...

Most folks will travel to Norman to see the Best Football in the World so it's really irrelavant. :D

Tulsa > OKC. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 06:18 PM
So where was McAlester in the rankings? 1 or 2?

soonerbrat
5/17/2008, 06:29 PM
:rolleyes:

soonerboomer93
5/17/2008, 06:59 PM
denver > tulsa

Jerk
5/17/2008, 07:18 PM
denver > tulsa

If I wanted to live somewhere with hills and trees, it would be Jackson Hole, Wy.

StoopTroup
5/17/2008, 07:30 PM
If I wanted to live somewhere with hills and trees, it would be Jackson Hole, Wy.

There's a lot less CU people there that's for sure.

Plus...you get to tell folks you live and love the hole.

Whet
5/17/2008, 07:38 PM
OKC is BEHIND Westlake, Ohio - the armpit of Cleveland!

OU-HSV
5/17/2008, 07:53 PM
Score:
Tulsa 1
OKC 0
We win :)
However I do like Bricktown and I wish Tulsa would get a district like that. McNellys and the few places around there are cool, but it would be even better to have a whole new district like Bricktown. Maybe after the BOK center actually gets completed they'll work toward that kind of development.

I'm surprised that little article didn't mention the BOK center.

CORNholio
5/17/2008, 09:22 PM
That list was made based on the forbes cheapest housing market or whatever list from a few weeks ago. All this proves is that Tulsa has cheap houses.
Dallas>KC>OKC>T-Turd

mdklatt
5/17/2008, 11:19 PM
That web site seems like the Who's Who of places to live. Although I'm sure it's an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as O'Fallon, MO and Sioux Falls, SD.