PDA

View Full Version : maybe i should go back to asia

soonerboomer93
5/17/2008, 02:48 AM
So I went to the doctor today, and discovered some things.

Since i've gotten back, my blood pressure is up several points

I've put on over 20 pounds, and i'm about 30 lbs over what I was at 1 year ago.

good news is, I was going in to get a Chantix perscription and now have that for the next 6 months to help me kick my smoking habbit. And I tried to eat better while I was traveling this week. I get to travel again next week so hopefully I can keep that up.

Actually, I event went to Bally's to transfer my membership to a club here, but have to wait a couple days. They said I can still use it, so I'm going to really try and go tomorrow.

Oh, I also went out for a bit tonight, American bars/clubs now bore me :sigh:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 03:11 AM
Im kinda in the same boat...Since I took this IT job, my cholesterol,BP and weight have all went up....I plan on after this knee thing gets better to get back to the gym

5/17/2008, 03:42 AM
I hear you. I'm in College Station.

(Actually, I like it here. Just making a non-funny joke.)

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2008, 08:34 AM
Research that Chantix man. Some people have had some pretty vivid and violent dreams on that stuff.

StoopTroup
5/17/2008, 08:57 AM
This Lawyer I've used in the past for a few things has this tall desk in his office. He actually has two. One that makes clients at ease when he's talking to them and one he actually does work from. The working one is like one you'd imagine Bob Cratchet (Dickens Character) sitting on an uncomfortable tall chair doing Sylas' books.

He made himself a rule. No sitting down at work unless your with a client. He keeps on his feet most of the day and seems to keep the love handles in control.

Instead of moving back to Asia...you might try to change the scenery here first.

Just a thought.

BTW...Whoever created the "cubicle" should probably be sued for hurting so many Americans health. Any of you Ambulance Chasers (And you know who you are :D ) take that case...I want 1% of any settlement or award. :D

soonerboomer93
5/17/2008, 10:34 AM
Research that Chantix man. Some people have had some pretty vivid and violent dreams on that stuff.

yeah, they warned about that

fact of that matter is, nicotine gives me some wickedly ****ed up dreams (what ones I remember) already. They did warn me about that though so I won't worry too much about it.

soonerboomer93
6/13/2008, 08:17 PM
end of week 4

have cut way back on my smoking, only smoking a bit. Actually didn't buy smokes the last 2 days, just bumming off my friend about 5 smokes. Avoiding the urge to buy more has been rough, but not too bad.

Eating a bit better, less breads most of the week. Cutting back on my Soda consumption as best I can too.

Last week went in and finally got the membership transfered. Went fri, sat, sun (then out of town, and no bally's there)

Got back thurs and went that last 2 days.

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2008, 11:16 PM
Good to hear.

I'd say all the research you ever need into Chantix can be solved by doing a google search for Carter Albrecht.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/14/2008, 03:54 PM
My mom used Chantix to quit smoking over a year ago. She's never had any side effects whatsoever.