PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the game tonight?

Civicus_Sooner
5/16/2008, 09:36 PM
I don't have Cox.

badger
5/16/2008, 09:39 PM
It's on FSN... but you do NOT want to be watching :mad:

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:40 PM
I don't have Cox.

5-1 aggots.

top 7th.

badger
5/16/2008, 09:50 PM
5-1 aggots.

top 7th.

I won't bother updating... other than to hint why I won't be updating.

Stupid aggies... sputid gagies... zhyjkajhakjsdhf :mad:

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:51 PM
I smell another sweep. :(

Flying Scotsman
5/16/2008, 09:58 PM
I guess you could say we are really, really bad....

SleestakSooner
5/16/2008, 10:19 PM
FSN seems to have been bought by Boone as well. The broadcast has been decidedly pro-aggie from the announcers to the Eskimo Joe's commercials. What ****es me off the most (besides Pistol Pete dancing on the OU dugout) is that the Sooners are SUPPOSED to be the home team for this series!

Oh well, let the aggots have baseball. It is barely a major sport in college these days anyhow. OU still owns the overall series lead and that won't be changing any time real soon.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/16/2008, 11:15 PM
Oh well, let the aggots have baseball. It is barely a major sport in college these days anyhow. OU still owns the overall series lead and that won't be changing any time real soon.

Not in baseball we don't.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/16/2008, 11:16 PM
Nevermind, I was grossly misinformed!

dedsa1960
5/17/2008, 12:52 AM

OKLAHOMA STATE
Overall Series: Oklahoma State leads 134-122#
Big 12 Series: OSU leads 19-14

*From the OU media guide*

tommieharris91
5/17/2008, 01:18 AM
Oklahoma 6
Oregon 0
Final

Phil
5/17/2008, 03:57 AM
The series was dead even up until a couple of years ago. Two consecutive regular season sweeps by Aggy. Ick.

SeattleOUstudent
5/17/2008, 08:16 AM
I know its just putting off what is written in stone, but KU also lost last night. OU needs to at least match them to advance to the Big 12.

dedsa1960
5/17/2008, 10:23 AM
Reading the story in the DOK says it all:

Armed with a pop-gun attack and those mullet-headed mascots Boomer and Sooner, who initiated the shenanigans by first climbing on OSU's dugout, OU had no way to retaliate. And a lack of Sooner firepower will make it tough to avoid a third straight sweep in the series.

Mullet headed mascots (http://newsok.com/thumpin-in-t-town-cowboys-overwhelm-sooners-in-opener/article/3245120/?mp=0)

Civicus_Sooner
5/17/2008, 11:50 AM
Reading the story in the DOK says it all:

Armed with a pop-gun attack and those mullet-headed mascots Boomer and Sooner, who initiated the shenanigans by first climbing on OSU's dugout, OU had no way to retaliate. And a lack of Sooner firepower will make it tough to avoid a third straight sweep in the series.

Mullet headed mascots (http://newsok.com/thumpin-in-t-town-cowboys-overwhelm-sooners-in-opener/article/3245120/?mp=0)Are those the same mascots that go to Football (79-16-7) and basketball (121-87)?

Baseball is a nice sport for children to play but looks like it's heading down the wrestling/dinosaur path.

SleestakSooner
5/17/2008, 02:02 PM
OKLAHOMA STATE
Overall Series: Oklahoma State leads 134-122#
Big 12 Series: OSU leads 19-14

*From the OU media guide*

Well then those Poke grads that were doing the announcing last night can't read for **** because they said the Sooners had the lead in the series. Funny how you will give the OU media guide a plug when it serves your trolling needs.:pop:

GoTheDistance
5/17/2008, 02:14 PM
Civicus quote: "Baseball is a nice sport for children to play but looks like it's heading down the wrestling/dinosaur path."

Uh....no, Civicus! It will only go down that path at schools that choose to not support it. Catch some of the post-season tournament play on your favorite cable channel and you will see that the fire is still there. It's just sad to not see the fire here.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/17/2008, 02:30 PM
I know its just putting off what is written in stone, but KU also lost last night. OU needs to at least match them to advance to the Big 12.

We need either KSU or KU to win the next two and for us to win at least one more.

dedsa1960
5/17/2008, 05:57 PM
Well then those Poke grads that were doing the announcing last night can't read for **** because they said the Sooners had the lead in the series. Funny how you will give the OU media guide a plug when it serves your trolling needs.:pop:

All I did was go to your source. I figured most would believe me if I quoted the OU media guide. Sounds to me you don't like to face the truth.

dedsa1960
5/17/2008, 06:01 PM
Are those the same mascots that go to Football (79-16-7) and basketball (121-87)?

Baseball is a nice sport for children to play but looks like it's heading down the wrestling/dinosaur path.

We're on the baseball segment of this board. And you are still a mullet head. ROFL!!!

Civicus_Sooner
5/17/2008, 06:38 PM
We're on the baseball segment of this board. And you are still a mullet head. ROFL!!!Wow, aren't you clever. So, you really think that stupid Wyoming macott they call Pete is better?

Civicus_Sooner
5/17/2008, 06:40 PM
Any word on the game... 5/17/2008 03:07 PM Sooner04 play with yourself. Oooh, I got negged by a high and mighty, 25 year old Mod. :rolleyes: Son, at you're age, I'm sure you're an expert at "Playing with yourself."

dedsa1960
5/17/2008, 07:31 PM
Wow, aren't you clever. So, you really think that stupid Wyoming macott they call Pete is better?

You may think its stupid but I think its better than having " My Little Ponies" as a mascot.

And at least Pistol Pete doesn't have a mullet.

Collier11
5/17/2008, 10:32 PM
Went to the game tonight until the 7th inning, as most know ive stuck up for SG quite a bit but he has completely lost this team. Some may say that is obvious but this is the 1st time I have watched them live. They have no focus at all, the 1st two plays of the game were errors on routine ground balls, that followed with all the pitchers walks and swinging at bad pitches was really sad

Eielson
5/17/2008, 10:53 PM

As much as I hate OSU being better than us, you have to give them credit. Baseball wouldn't be some children's sport if we were better at it. It's not what basketball or football is but it is clearly ahead of any other sport for #3. The regular season isn't always super exciting but the post season is a ton of fun to watch when you're doing well like we did when we lost to Rice in the Super Regional a couple years ago. I probably have more fun watching the baseball post season than I do bowl games.

Collier11
5/17/2008, 11:00 PM

This makes absolutely no sense

SOONER STEAKER
5/17/2008, 11:54 PM
Embarrassing, I coulp;dn't drink enough beer tonight to wash away the terrible play of our team. Thank God we only have one game left.

I hope Joe C. sees the negative impact that SG has given the program this year. It's time for a change my friends. Let's hope it happens!!

Ardmore_Sooner
5/17/2008, 11:57 PM
Oooh, I got negged by a high and mighty, 25 year old Mod. :rolleyes: Son, at you're age, I'm sure you're an expert at "Playing with yourself."

Most married guys don't have to worry about that. I really hope he wasn't the only one who negged you. Get over it.

SleestakSooner
5/18/2008, 07:10 AM
The farm system that major league baseball uses really hurts the ability to keep the good players on your roster at the university level. The great players never even get to suit up for a college team normally. There are exceptions of course, but it is extremely difficult for any college program to win consistently.

Texass is having their problems this season, although they may never slump as badly as the Sooners. OU is in a very competitive conference and years like this are bound to happen.

I for one can deal with the truth that the Sooners are not the best baseball team in Oklahoma. I just wonder if our little brother up north can deal with the truth that they are second fiddle forever in most every thing outside of Baseball, wrestling and animal husbandry?

dedsa1960
5/18/2008, 08:11 AM
The farm system that major league baseball uses really hurts the ability to keep the good players on your roster at the university level. The great players never even get to suit up for a college team normally. There are exceptions of course, but it is extremely difficult for any college program to win consistently.

Texass is having their problems this season, although they may never slump as badly as the Sooners. OU is in a very competitive conference and years like this are bound to happen.

I for one can deal with the truth that the Sooners are not the best baseball team in Oklahoma. I just wonder if our little brother up north can deal with the truth that they are second fiddle forever in most every thing outside of Baseball, wrestling and animal husbandry?

I agree with the one statement about the baseball farm system affecting college baseball. But its been affecting college baseball before the early 80's when I started following baseball. Daryl Strawberry comes to mind. He signed out of high school to play for OSU. And there are others. Its just a fact of life.

I can deal with the truth. I know OSU is not up to par in some areas compared to OU. But I wonder if OU fans can deal with the fact that every time OU is not quite as successful as OSU...two things are normally mentioned.
1. OU is better in football.
2. And if its not football or basketball, its a secondary sport and doesn't really count.
Wish I had a nickel every time I have heard something like the two statements above.

Last time I looked...this is the baseball segment of this board. Lets keep it on baseball.

Civicus_Sooner
5/18/2008, 09:45 AM
OSU as a program, is virtually equal to OU in baseball. Sure, they have our number the last couple of years, that isn't why I believe it's becoming a secondary sport though.

I love baseball, just go look at the crowds around the country. I think baseball is being killed by the fact that MLB can draft guys right out of HS. All the really good players are playing Minor Leauge ball.

dedsa1960
5/18/2008, 04:55 PM
OSU as a program, is virtually equal to OU in baseball. Sure, they have our number the last couple of years, that isn't why I believe it's becoming a secondary sport though.

I love baseball, just go look at the crowds around the country. I think baseball is being killed by the fact that MLB can draft guys right out of HS. All the really good players are playing Minor Leauge ball.

I agree with you on that thought. As someone once said...Its about the Benjamin s.

Collier11
5/18/2008, 05:18 PM
OU up 3-2 in the 4th today

SleestakSooner
5/18/2008, 06:48 PM
I agree with the one statement about the baseball farm system affecting college baseball. But its been affecting college baseball before the early 80's when I started following baseball. Daryl Strawberry comes to mind. He signed out of high school to play for OSU. And there are others. Its just a fact of life.

I can deal with the truth. I know OSU is not up to par in some areas compared to OU. But I wonder if OU fans can deal with the fact that every time OU is not quite as successful as OSU...two things are normally mentioned.
1. OU is better in football.
2. And if its not football or basketball, its a secondary sport and doesn't really count.
Wish I had a nickel every time I have heard something like the two statements above.

Last time I looked...this is the baseball segment of this board. Lets keep it on baseball.

You won't find me over on the Poke football boards braggin about our series lead ever. I don't feel the need to compensate for feeling like a loser and second class citizen of this state. You keep talking about baseball all you like, but you know the reason you are here doing so is to try to make yourself feel better about losing in the more important college sports. It is called an inferiority complex, and you has it. Do you drive a red convertible as well?

As I have already stated, the OSU broadcast team on FSN gave me the erroneous information I posted here originally. Go figure.

dedsa1960
5/18/2008, 11:18 PM
You won't find me over on the Poke football boards braggin about our series lead ever. I don't feel the need to compensate for feeling like a loser and second class citizen of this state. You keep talking about baseball all you like, but you know the reason you are here doing so is to try to make yourself feel better about losing in the more important college sports. It is called an inferiority complex, and you has it. Do you drive a red convertible as well?

As I have already stated, the OSU broadcast team on FSN gave me the erroneous information I posted here originally. Go figure.

What? I don't have the need to compensate anything. I will inform you I am not a second class citizen of this state. Nor do I feel like a loser. Why I came to this board was to find out what was being said about SG. You're the one tossing the accusations toward me. I just figured you were the one overcompensating with exaggerated aggressiveness. I didn't attack you. But if you must attack...fire away. I'm not worried about it. especially you. You think I have a inferiority complex. I don't think I "has it".

As for the OSU announcer...I really don't know what you are talking about there. I didn't know OSU had a broadcast team. What makes you think they were OSU announcers? If it was a OSU broadcast team...I'm pretty sure they would have gotten the right information to the viewers.

As for what I drive...not a red convertible. Actually its a truck with 140,000 miles on it. And its dark blue.

Beef
5/19/2008, 09:50 AM
I don't have Cox.

I'm still giggling at this.

Civicus_Sooner
5/19/2008, 07:10 PM
I'm still giggling at this.It only took a week. You's guy's are slippin'

BTW - If you wear bright orange anything, with or without flames and it's sports related you should feel like a second class sports fan in Oklahoma. If all the colleges went pro tomorrow. Okie State would not be in the "bigs" as a program. OU would be somewhere at the top tier of the "bigs", based on revenue, audience, brand, championships (in things people actually care about) and national recognition.

That is all.