PDA

View Full Version : No Good Deed

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:34 PM

So, on the way home a lady in a car is stalled out. An older d00d is out there and I asked if they needed help. He tells me they're just going to push the car. So I park and go to help. It's the Tennessee countryside and, before long, there's a crowd of us. I thought we would just push it past the intersection.

Nope. Up the fuggin' hill. Old d00d tells me about 1/2 way up that he's had 5 heart attacks. We're all huffing and puffing by now and I'm wondering (out loud as usual) why I don't just drive another mile, get the truck and a tow strap, and pull it up. But we don't. We push the damn thing up a hill while nearly getting run over by traffic from all over on a windy hilly 2-lane.
But I did my good deed. Next time I'm getting the strap.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:36 PM
So, tomorrow after my 1/2 shift at the hospital I'm going to help a buddy put up one of those wood jungle gym things that have reduced SO men to tears. This guy is unflappable. If he maintains his usual composure and denies me the thrill of seeing him throw tools and cuss I'm gonna file a complaint.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:36 PM
next time, strap it on Rogue. ;)

good for you.

badger
5/16/2008, 09:23 PM
you crazy southern gents can't help but be polite, even if it means pushing a beat up car up a dang gone hill :D

good for you :)