View Full Version : official drunkytown thread

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 07:50 PM
Im gonna go ahead an 1 star it to Save My Fan the trouble !:P
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=9

Rogue
5/16/2008, 07:52 PM
You have a fan? :confused:

I'll be on the slow train tonight, have to work tomorrow AM.

OV, did you ever get the blue flame thing figgered out? Are you trying to check the proof of some homebrew?

Rogue
5/16/2008, 07:52 PM
And by slow train, I mean drinking PBRs and margaritas from the fridge bucket for just another hour or two. Can I ride along for awhile?

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 07:53 PM
I need something to fire me up! I got 18 cold Buds in the fridge and I can't bring myself to drink the first one. Not feeling great but I need to get these cold ones rolling. Any suggestions?

It has been a while since I shot gun one- what is the directions on how to do that again? That may get them rolling - no vet juice here - damn

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:54 PM
in

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:54 PM
out

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:55 PM
Can I ride along for awhile?

no

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:55 PM
Can I ride along for awhile?

sure

Rogue
5/16/2008, 07:56 PM
Turk, you off your meds again?

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 07:57 PM
Just pounded the first one- rolling

Rogue
;)

Jerk
Is it okay for a Republican who believes that capitalism is the best economic system to say that corporations suck balls?

Controlling and cheap *** mother****ers.

I'm not used to this. I'm about ready to go back to working for the same family (if they'll actually hire me) as they bought another business. The only problem has been that they pay by the hour and I'm not used to that. However, suck *** corporation I work for now says we're going to be paid by the hour "for insurance reasons." Well, ain't that f***ing dandy. Let's see...work for family owned company that treats me like a human and pays by the hour, or work for big international mega corporation that pays by the hour? It'll be a toughy.

More beer for me. Yay! God I love beer.

Newbomb Turk

yes

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:58 PM

no

Rogue
5/16/2008, 07:58 PM
Jerk,

Which one will pay you MORE?

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:59 PM
Let's see...work for family owned company that treats me like a human and pays by the hour, or work for big international mega corporation that pays by the hour? It'll be a toughy.

I'd go with the corporation.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:03 PM
Who rated this thread one star?
It still has huge potential.

tommieharris91
5/16/2008, 08:04 PM
I think Newbomb is already drunk, but that's just me.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 08:05 PM
Anybody have to sit through an Alchohol Related Education Class -

Just makes me want to drink -

Newbomb Turk

wrongo

Jerk
Jerk,

Which one will pay you MORE?

I don't know. But I don't see them paying me what I make now. I'm not going to say what I make here. Prolly less than most people here as most people of S.O. seem to be highly educated. But right now I get paid a flat rate for each load I deliver and I can turn them around pretty danged fast. For example, let's pretend that I get $40 to take a load from downtown okc to piedmont. Take a calculator and figure that I can do it from start to finish in 1.75 hours. What's that? Hell, I don't know. But they're not going to pay me that much an hour. They'll say "well, you'll get over-time now!" Well, what if I don't get over 40 hours? I'm lucky to work a full week in the winter.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:06 PM

I'm so wasted!

:pop:

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:10 PM
I have to golf tomorrow, so I'm gonna try to keep it under a case tonight.

tommieharris91
5/16/2008, 08:12 PM

This means he's drank a gallon of rum so far and is about to die.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:13 PM

Lightweight.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:16 PM
Turk,

I'm just saying that when the going gets all business-y, it's time to pimp yourself to the highest bidder. My old man was loyal as hell to a gas company as a tanker driver for many many years. In the end they screwed him on his retirement investment-matching dealio. Good church going family owned company, or so he thought. It's every d00d for himself out there and if you think that there are any altruistic business types that really have loyalty to their folks, just wait. They'll change. In the meantime my advice is to negotiate a little and take the better deal for Jerk.

I also think that the worst advice available is probably on the SO and the worst advice on the SO is probably from someone sitting at home on a Friday night posting in the drunkytown thread. Or maybe that's just me.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:20 PM
WTF? I can't keep Jerk and Turk straight now?
Turk's mutually-exclusive repeat quote-responses have me all discombobulated.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:20 PM
Turk,

I'm just saying that when the going gets all business-y, it's time to pimp yourself to the highest bidder. My old man was loyal as hell to a gas company as a tanker driver for many many years. In the end they screwed him on his retirement investment-matching dealio. Good church going family owned company, or so he thought. It's every d00d for himself out there and if you think that there are any altruistic business types that really have loyalty to their folks, just wait. They'll change. In the meantime my advice is to negotiate a little and take the better deal for Jerk.

I also think that the worst advice available is probably on the SO and the worst advice on the SO is probably from someone sitting at home on a Friday night posting in the drunkytown thread. Or maybe that's just me.

you drunk-***. Jerk is the one looking for advice.

Get with it. :D

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:21 PM
Lightweight.

fine, but no more than 30.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:21 PM
This means he's drank a gallon of rum so far and is about to die.

negative on the rumative. I only drink beer.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:22 PM
Turk,

When I hurt my back 2 years ago, I did not file for unemployment. I took all the vacation I had and then worked while on hydrocodone until some jack-*** in the safety dept. told me that was illegal. I did that because I felt like the family I worked for was loyal to me. A year later they sold out. Now, the story gets complicated because this is a large family and some wanted to sell and some did not. I can of feel like a jack *** now. But I'm still loyal to the part of the family that didn't sell out. But if I go back to working for them, I have to be loyal to all.

Dis make any sense?

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:24 PM
But I'm still loyal to the part of the family that didn't sell out. But if I go back to working for them, I have to be loyal to all.

Dis make any sense?

So, they're Italian? ;)

Oh yes I did.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:25 PM
Jerk,

I don't know your personal situation, but to me happiness in the job is worth quite a few bucks.

I had what I thought was a good job - meaning it paid well. There was a layoff and I lost that job. Found another that paid damn near half of the "good job". That's when I found out what a good job is. I was so much happier at the new job, even though it paid less.

I've worked my way up the ladder in my new job and the pay is now the same as the old job, with better benefits. That layoff was the best thing that happened to me.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:26 PM
So, they're Italian? ;)

Oh yes I did.

German catholic.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:28 PM
German catholic.

:eek:

that's what I am.

don't trust them.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 08:30 PM
Id go private if you trust them, Corporations in the long run typically do not give a damn what you contribute - just a stat. The smaller the biz the more loyalty in my opinion. Unless you don't trust them

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:30 PM
Jerk,

I don't know your personal situation, but to me happiness in the job is worth quite a few bucks.

I had what I thought was a good job - meaning it paid well. There was a layoff and I lost that job. Found another that paid damn near half of the "good job". That's when I found out what a good job is. I was so much happier at the new job, even though it paid less.

I've worked my way up the ladder in my new job and the pay is the same as the old job, with better benefits. That layoff was the best thing that happened to me.

I .... just .... can't...work for these controlling people. These office types that have to have 'tattle-tales' installed in my truck. I'm not going to hit the brakes going downhill so some computer won't report me to headquarters.

I see these other trucks on the road...the ones from big companies...they're going down a big hill with no one in front of them and then you see brake lights. Big brother computer will send a satellite message to some office skank saying that you 'exceeded the speed limit' and then, bam, out of a job.

I work over 50 hours a week. It is a big part of my life. I can't live like that. I'm spoiled.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:32 PM
I work over 50 hours a week. It is a big part of my life. I can't live like that. I'm spoiled.

sounds like you know what you have to do.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:32 PM
:eek:

that's what I am.

don't trust them.

They're different, but I have no problem getting along with them. In fact, I'm going on a trip with one of them soon.

You guys have made up my mind.

**** these ****ing corporations.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:33 PM
Id go private if you trust them, Corporations in the long run typically do not give a damn what you contribute - just a stat. The smaller the biz the more loyalty in my opinion. Unless you don't trust them

All the corps care about is the bottom line.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:34 PM

if it doesn't work out for you, it's Rogue's fault.

Jerk
sounds like you know what you have to do.

I know, I know. The only 'real' problem is that I will be going from a 1.5 mile commute to work to a 20 mile.

Newbomb Turk
get drunk tonight, then sleep on it.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:36 PM
if it doesn't work out for you, it's Rogue's fault.

Frekin' Rogue.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:39 PM
damn vet starts the train a'rollin, then jumps.
this thing is going down the tracks out of control.

I hope the corporate bastages ain't wachin our speed.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:39 PM

**** these ****ing corporations.

My work is done here.

[cartman voice]SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME![/cartman voice]

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:40 PM
Send up the Nat(ty)-signal, he'll jump back on.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 08:41 PM
Hey, uh...

Can you, like, get drunk off of ethonal if they sold it seperate from gasoline?

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 08:42 PM
My two rotties cuaght a Turtle today in the yard and were chewing on em. I saved it - but he must have emmited some kind of retardant smell on them - They smell like a scared snake or something- it is nasty.

Should I just spray them with old spice? that is all the smell good stuff I got -

I need to pound another beer- can't drink slow tonight - not sitting well yet...

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 08:42 PM
Hey, uh...

Can you, like, get drunk off of ethonal if they sold it seperate from gasoline?

vet says "hell yeah!"

Rogue
5/16/2008, 08:52 PM
chugga-chugga

r5TPsooner
5/16/2008, 08:53 PM
in

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 09:00 PM
Anybody ever dated a Drunk Nympho Maniac - Gal? I mean get's silly drunk on white wine and needs it 1-t0-20 times a day???

I have, at the time I took it for granted - but now I think I would prefer that over a controlling conservative - soccor mom.

tommieharris91
5/16/2008, 09:02 PM
Anybody ever dated a Drunk Nympho Maniac - Gal? I mean get's silly drunk on white wine and needs it 1-t0-20 times a day???

I have, at the time I took it for granted - but now I think I would prefer that over a controlling conservative - soccor mom.

Nympho gets a drunk-dial in 3...2...1...

Rogue
5/16/2008, 09:04 PM

Words to live by, man. :cool:

This must be what the old d00ds mean when they talk about how they wish they knew then what they know now. I went through a (long) phase of hanging out with crazy women. It was a roller coaster and I was hooked. Then I opted for a more peaceful existence. Never regret it, but sometimes I do miss the craziness for a little while. Nothing like peace at home though. Wouldn't trade Mrs. Rogue for anything.

MojoRisen
She'd be game- and a duffel bag full of toys to keep up!

Newbomb Turk

think?

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:08 PM
in

what's up r5?
How's the back?

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 09:12 PM
think?

The insanity could creep in on her, however it was a lot more fun and exciting.

I guess I get bored - tough to find middle ground.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 09:15 PM
The insanity could creep in on her, however it was a lot more fun and exciting.

I guess I get bored - tough to find middle ground.

Maybe monogamy is holding you back.

I'm gonna have to get to bed soon. Late out here in eastern time zone.

r5TPsooner
5/16/2008, 09:16 PM
what's up r5?
How's the back?

Really good! I'm gonna play some golf again next month. I set up the practice net in the back and will start practicing again regularly.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:17 PM
Really good! I'm gonna play some golf again next month. I set up the practice net in the back and will start practicing again regularly.

good to hear. I'm playing tomorrow for the first time since last fall.

playing Augusta.

not Augusta National, but he one west of Guthrie. :(

r5TPsooner
5/16/2008, 09:20 PM
good to hear. I'm playing tomorrow for the first time since last fall.

playing Augusta.

not Augusta National, but he one west of Guthrie. :(

I live by Rose Creek. Maybe we can get together and play a round, so I can stomp your ***. I'll buy teh beer tho.
:texan: :D

Rogue
5/16/2008, 09:20 PM
Who rated this thread one star?
It still has huge potential.

I just figured out that OV's first post didn't say he was gonna start it, but "1-star it" to save his fan the trouble. Hookt on fonix werkd fer me.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:22 PM
I live by Rose Creek. Maybe we can get together and play a round, so I can stomp your ***. I'll buy teh beer tho.

I'm sure you would stomp my ***.

fair warning, I can drink a bunch of beer. :D

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 09:22 PM

I got beer girls out at Rasberry that will show their tittays for a tip

r5TPsooner
5/16/2008, 09:23 PM
I got beer girls out at Rasberry that will show their tittays for a tip

IN! Unless they look like dried up old prunes.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 09:24 PM
Oh hell no, they are early 20s fun lovin - nice girls...

tommieharris91
5/16/2008, 09:49 PM
Oh hell no, they are early 20s fun lovin - nice girls...

IN.

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 09:51 PM
You have a fan? :confused:

I'll be on the slow train tonight, have to work tomorrow AM.

OV, did you ever get the blue flame thing figgered out? Are you trying to check the proof of some homebrew?

Yes I want Know If Bonded Black Jack will Burn ?
anyone got a clue ?

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:52 PM
Yes I want Know If Bonded Black Jack will Burn ?
anyone got a clue ?

all I got is Natty, and it burns my belly something fierce.

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 09:54 PM
I need something to fire me up! I got 18 cold Buds in the fridge and I can't bring myself to drink the first one. Not feeling great but I need to get these cold ones rolling. Any suggestions?

It has been a while since I shot gun one- what is the directions on how to do that again? That may get them rolling - no vet juice here - damn

Shake It up, Hold the Can In your Mout , Pop thr top and Stab it with a Knife ! suck it down .

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 09:54 PM
I thought a blue flame was Metho Alcohol from being cooked too long or somthing- or is that white? Blue is the test right

Rogue
5/16/2008, 09:56 PM
Okay OV, here's the deal. It didn't "burn" in any ongoing way and it took a 2nd teaspoon and 3 lights but it did flame up a little bit. And the little flame up was pretty blue. Not like lighting Christian Bros brandy in a banana's foster flambe' at all.

So, I'll say NO, the 80 proof blackjack didn't burn.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 09:58 PM
spek to Rogue for trying that.

Rogue
5/16/2008, 09:58 PM
For the record, though, CB brandy is only 40% and it'll burn fine.

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 09:59 PM
get drunk tonight, then sleep on it.

Winner !

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 10:00 PM
vet - did you have a big party for your 20k post?

I'm contemplating a party for my 14.5 k post.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 10:02 PM
Who is the slimeball **** stick who rated this awesome thread one star?

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:03 PM
damn vet starts the train a'rollin, then jumps.
this thing is going down the tracks out of control.

I hope the corporate bastages ain't wachin our speed.

Sorry Im back now tho. wuz in the Hawt tub with Punanny !
:cool: :hot:

Rogue
5/16/2008, 10:04 PM
Olevet, maybe you need a "hydrometer?" (http://www.expats.org.uk/features/alcohol/theblueflame.html)

When you have distilled a volume of high proof alcohol, it is necessary to dilute (cut) it to the desired commercial strength. Do this simply by adding pure, clean water. If you want to exclude the flavour peculiar to some tap waters, then use distilled water. Distil your own water by running ordinary tap water through your still at a temperature in excess of 212 deg. F, (100degC) which is the boiling temperature of water.

To accurately cut the alcohol to a specific proof number, you need a thermometer, as well as a hydrometer. Slowly add water at 60 deg. F. to the alcohol, also at 60 deg. F., and check the proof number with the hydrometer as you proceed.

according to this, brandy should be 84 proof, not 80 (http://www.expats.org.uk/features/alcohol/whitelightning.html)

One item of major importance, which is overlooked in many of these recipes, is that certain liquors have certain proofs and that these proofs are as much a part of the taste as all the flavorings you add.

Keep the following in mind:

(a) All brandies are 84 proof (booze from any fruit).
(b) All liquors are 60 proof or less. (c) Gin is normally 86 proof.
(d) Scotch is normally 78 to 84 proof.
(e) Vodka is normally 110 to 120 proof (in the U.S. 86-100 proof).
(f) Smooth whiskey blends are normally 86 proof.
(g) Bourbon is usually 90 to 100 proof.

edit: nevermind, this is a bunch of brits, they only know about gin and stuff unless they're in Scotland or Ireland, then I guess we should pay tention

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:06 PM
I just figured out that OV's first post didn't say he was gonna start it, but "1-star it" to save his fan the trouble. Hookt on fonix werkd fer me.

No shat bro ,
Seems every threAD i START GETS 1 STARED SoI saved the ******* the trouble :D :rolleyes:

Rogue
5/16/2008, 10:07 PM
Alright, gotta work tomorry. Olevet's back in the driver's seat and all's well.

Night, y'all.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 10:09 PM
Shake It up, Hold the Can In your Mout , Pop thr top and Stab it with a Knife ! suck it down .

Al right - here goes. Sure I have to shake it up ~ we'll see soon.

Damn I wasted a beer, alcy abuse... I went ahead and did another with out shaking it up and worked out well.

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:11 PM
vet - did you have a big party for your 20k post?

I'm contemplating a party for my 14.5 k post.

would Yall wake me up fer My 2000 th Post ?:confused:

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:13 PM
Who is the slimeball **** stick who rated this awesome thread one star?

Refer back to My 1st Post lol

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 10:16 PM
Hey vet - did you shoot up the mess hall? I got beer all over my favorite shirt...

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:17 PM
Al right - here goes. Sure I have to shake it up ~ we'll see soon.

Damn I wasted a beer, alcy abuse... I went ahead and did another with out shaking it up and worked out well.

Years ago , Back when the PoPos was Skeered of Me . Id shotgun Beers in the city Park as I was shootin at squirrels .
thats just me tho .

Jerk
5/16/2008, 10:17 PM
Refer back to My 1st Post lol

sry, i was too drunk to notice...or remember.. something like that.

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:19 PM
sry, i was too drunk to notice...or remember.. something like that.

I did the 1 star . Yall wanta Make it More you can vote On it lol

Mongo
5/16/2008, 10:21 PM
you people sicken me

Jerk
5/16/2008, 10:21 PM
ok guys, I just called a vietnam vet a slimeball and a **** stick.

He is also from SE Oklahoma.

How much longer do I have to live?

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:23 PM
you people sicken me

Sour Milk ? or Sour Mash ?
:D

Jerk
5/16/2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Howard, how far are you from Panola, ok?

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:26 PM
ok guys, I just called a vietnam vet a slimeball and a **** stick.

He is also from SE Oklahoma.

How much longer do I have to live?

Dude You Gave me the Bird !:P
we Be :cool: :D

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 10:28 PM
you people sicken me

sounds like Joe Deters or Keating & Junk Bonds - I prefer Larry Flint

What exactly sickens you .....

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:29 PM
Hey Howard, how far are you from Panola, ok?

About a 6 Pack lol
Depends On how fast I drive !

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 10:31 PM
you people sicken me

I know.

disgusting.

Jerk
5/16/2008, 10:32 PM
About a 6 Pack lol

10-4. I was just curious.

There is a gun dealer there.

http://www.jtacsupply.com/

He's had good deals on AR-15 receivers.

http://www.jtacsupply.com/stagarmsstrippedar15lowerreceiver.aspx

By the time I drive out there to fill out the paperwork, it wouldn't be worth it.

Newbomb Turk
About a 6 Pack lol

only vet measures distance in beers. :cool:

Mongo
What exactly sickens you .....

Newbomb and his love for men

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 10:33 PM
Ouhh -

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:36 PM
only vet measures distance in beers. :cool:

You Must Factor In Speed also !

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:37 PM
Newbomb and his love for men

Is he the Chimi Leader ?
:hot: :pop:

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 10:37 PM
Is he the Chimi Leader ?
:hot: :pop:

they won't even let me in the club. :(

Mongo
5/16/2008, 10:40 PM
pffft, me and you can meet up and I will sex you in properly

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 10:41 PM

c_p says you are un-proper.

I like that.

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:42 PM

You to Fat an Ugly
so Id have to turn you down . FACE down :D

Mongo
5/16/2008, 10:43 PM
You to Fat an Ugly
so Id have to turn you down . FACE down :D

your beard is too tickley for that:D

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:44 PM
c_p says you are un-proper.

I like that.

He slurs his words , C-P means that He likes it Stanley style !

olevetonahill
5/16/2008, 10:46 PM
your beard is too tickley for that:D

I just be Nuzzling yer Neck ;)

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 10:47 PM
He slurs his words , C-P means that He likes it Stanley style !

I said c_p

not C-P.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 10:48 PM
Al right- the fuzzy beard shiate- made me sick - come one now -

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 10:48 PM
come one now -

Mongo is working on that.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 10:50 PM
Let's make him a gimp

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 11:47 PM
Shot gun another- I guess you guys are girlies- I am going to the new www.doors.com to jam out.

Mojo

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 02:33 AM
where is everybody?

jreed13
5/22/2008, 04:29 PM

NormanPride
5/22/2008, 04:36 PM
I hadn't realized how gay this thread got.

Creepy.

olevetonahill
5/22/2008, 04:36 PM

That aint sayin much .

jreed13
5/22/2008, 05:06 PM
That aint sayin much .

It was akin to dipping one's toe into water to check the temperature.