PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Reid...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 05:42 PM
is gonna be on sportscenter in a few minutes discussing the rant...don't understand why he can't let it go..

bstuff1979
5/16/2008, 05:46 PM
You can't let something go if you aren't holding it in the first place. Momma's hand feeding it to him.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 05:53 PM
says it was hard on him...play clip..says "i am a man I m 40 "part sticks with him...says he wasn't being defended he was offended....playing that sad creepy " I m a victim"music in the background...asked to get in the OU game at the end but the coach ignored him(2006)...says his career was taken away from him...Gundy says he was showing support....Reid says it was all a front...play the "bedowngraded" clip......There's momma!....doesnt bother Gundy that Reid thinks it was fake....lil shot at Reid from Gundy " I know the guy who replaced him holds the record for total offense now!"....Reid says the low point was against Nebraska just getting to play the last 30 seconds....says something was taken away from him at OSU but he's getting it back at Texas Southern

NYC Poke
5/16/2008, 06:00 PM
Maybe we'll get to see him matched up against Ryan Perriloux in the playoffs.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 06:07 PM
Tough thing about taking on the media there Gundy..they can pull it up and restir it anytime they want...

NYC Poke
5/16/2008, 06:11 PM
I don't know why Reid keeps on talking about it. It makes him look bad. It wasn't Gundy's rant that depressed him, it was him losing the starting position that he seems to have felt he was owed by virtue of the number of stars next to his name when he was in high school.

And his mom has certainly changed her tune. Initially, she talked about suing the Daily Oklahoman.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 06:17 PM
yeah..I think everytime BR brings it up, and his momma speaks for him, he just makes himself look bad....

NYC Poke
5/16/2008, 06:26 PM
Point taken on the media though. I wish Boone would hire Gundy a PR coach.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 06:29 PM
Well at least he hired him a DC last year

NYC Poke
5/16/2008, 06:55 PM
Well at least he hired him a DC last year

I didn't notice.

Mjcpr
5/16/2008, 07:50 PM
I didn't notice.

Neither did anyone else.

SoonerDomiNation
5/16/2008, 09:12 PM
The worlds greatest offense has now become the worlds greatest rant.

Civicus_Sooner
5/16/2008, 09:14 PM
So, why does Gundy get a pass and a huge raise for mediocrity and Sutton get's the door?

badger
5/16/2008, 09:15 PM
Ok, just for football discussion's sake, I watched the FSN recap of OSU's spring ball... and omg, they still suck.

The game ended on a safety. A SAFETY. All OSU fans who paid money to see that should sue Boone for their raised ticket price money back. Sure, they got their high powered offense, but what were the highlights shown from the game?
-a fumble recovery that the guy ran back toward the endzone... only for it to be called back because he immediately stepped out of bounds. Zzz.
-a running play that went for... sevenish yards. Zzzzzz.
-a touchdown that zipped perfectly through OSU's awful secondary. Zzzzzzzz.
-the safety that ended the game on a botched running play. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And there you have it. OSU gets a snoozy rating of: BORING. The most fun part of the night was...

"Quarterback Zac Robinson is the sole quarterback of this OSU offense and trying to get OSU to a BCS game."

R to the O to the F to the L.

cheezyq
5/16/2008, 10:00 PM
So, why does Gundy get a pass and a huge raise for mediocrity and Sutton get's the door?

Cuz Gundy's got a purdy mouth?

tulsaoilerfan
5/17/2008, 12:01 AM
Do they even have a backup QB now?

NYC Poke
5/17/2008, 01:19 AM
Ok, just for football discussion's sake, I watched the FSN recap of OSU's spring ball... and omg, they still suck.

The game ended on a safety. A SAFETY. All OSU fans who paid money to see that should sue Boone for their raised ticket price money back. Sure, they got their high powered offense, but what were the highlights shown from the game?
-a fumble recovery that the guy ran back toward the endzone... only for it to be called back because he immediately stepped out of bounds. Zzz.
-a running play that went for... sevenish yards. Zzzzzz.
-a touchdown that zipped perfectly through OSU's awful secondary. Zzzzzzzz.
-the safety that ended the game on a botched running play. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And there you have it. OSU gets a snoozy rating of: BORING. The most fun part of the night was...

"Quarterback Zac Robinson is the sole quarterback of this OSU offense and trying to get OSU to a BCS game."

R to the O to the F to the L.

And how did Bradford do in the spring game?

I'd toss in something pithy and intelligent here, but first, I just came in from being out, and second, I went to OSU so I'm not very smart.

Perhaps I should have some of STEP's knee medicine . . .

NYC Poke
5/17/2008, 01:21 AM
Do they even have a backup QB now?

That thought scares me to Norman. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 02:25 AM

I'd toss in something pithy and intelligent here, but first, I just came in from being out, and second, I went to OSU so I'm not very smart.

Its good stuff man...our highlights were Franks returning INTs bTw

badger
5/17/2008, 10:38 AM

I know that spring games are not equal to regular season games, but that scrimmage sure looked boring on television and based on all the ad space your university bought, you would think they'd at least try to make your team look a little more menacing.

And like I said, NP and I both laughed out loud when they said on there that Zac Robinson was trying to lead them to a BCS bowl.

More appropriate responses in tune with OSU expectations based on last season would have been:

1- ZR is trying to lead OSU to a win over Troy.
2- ZR is trying not to get reporters to write anything about him that will send Gundy on a tirade.
3- ZR is trying to not blow a lead against Texas
4- ZR is trying to just get a winning record again so OSU can go to any bowl, they're not picky.

:P

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 10:48 AM
One spring of OUs that was pretty bad was the 2005 one....It was horrible, but what I remember most was these 3 guys from Iowa that kept mouthing saying that the OU days of ruling was over and that 2005 marked the beginning of the Rule of the Hawkeyes....I actually tried to carry on intellectual football talk with them to hear their explanation, but they were not capable of decent football talk...Alas here we are in 2008 and the Rule of the Hawkeyes has yet to begin

JLEW1818
5/17/2008, 10:49 AM
Bradford tip interceptions, should not even count against qb's.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 10:52 AM
would you still credit the db with an int?

SoonerDood
5/17/2008, 11:09 AM
One spring of OUs that was pretty bad was the 2005 one....It was horrible, but what I remember most was these 3 guys from Iowa that kept mouthing saying that the OU days of ruling was over and that 2005 marked the beginning of the Rule of the Hawkeyes....I actually tried to carry on intellectual football talk with them to hear their explanation, but they were not capable of decent football talk...Alas here we are in 2008 and the Rule of the Hawkeyes has yet to begin

is there a more overrated coach than Kirk Ferentz?

badger
5/17/2008, 11:25 AM
Here's your RULE OF THE HAWKEYES:
http://cagle.com/news/HillaryLosesIowa/images/darcy.jpg

and to their credit, they actually mattered more than "the decider" new hampshire, lol

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 11:29 AM
When one of them said they were glad Stoops didn't take their coaching job, conversation was over...I didn't have enough bread crumbs to lead me back out of Moronville if I had went further into it

NYC Poke
5/17/2008, 10:07 PM
I know that spring games are not equal to regular season games, but that scrimmage sure looked boring on television and based on all the ad space your university bought, you would think they'd at least try to make your team look a little more menacing.

And like I said, NP and I both laughed out loud when they said on there that Zac Robinson was trying to lead them to a BCS bowl.

More appropriate responses in tune with OSU expectations based on last season would have been:

1- ZR is trying to lead OSU to a win over Troy.
2- ZR is trying not to get reporters to write anything about him that will send Gundy on a tirade.
3- ZR is trying to not blow a lead against Texas
4- ZR is trying to just get a winning record again so OSU can go to any bowl, they're not picky.

:P

Okay, so maybe it was boring. But a win is a win. That should help towards our bowl eligibility.

Seriously, though, I was actually happy to learn that some defense had been played in our spring game. I'm not really worried about our offense, and had I gone to college a little bit to the south, I might be a little smarter and I wouldn't be worried about my offense, either.

Your defense stepped up in the spring game. So did ours. And that was a much bigger question mark for us than it was for you.

goingoneight
5/18/2008, 12:58 PM
Football smack coming from aggies. Isn't that like baseball smack coming from us right now?

badger
5/18/2008, 01:53 PM
I would have to agree, going. Football smack is pretty unwarranted right now :D

In any event, did anyone see the sportscenter? Or did it even air yet? I saw one a few weeks back that was pretty much like the ESPN Mag article, but whatever. Take or leave it, it didn't really convince me that (a) Mike Gundy is petty and opportunistic or (b) Bobby Reid is a wimp who eats his momma's chicken.

ESPN pretty much tells me everything they want me to know lately, so I am more convinced than ever that there needs to be more national sports media out there. Bobby Reid going to a I-AA is news?! Pbbbth. It isn't even news if I call "I-AA" the "championship subdivision" or whatever. I wish more sites that could handle it, like Yahoo! for example, would continue with their in-depth investigation of programs like USC and such. Just having ESPN and occasionally FSN tell us what they want us to know is not good enough anymore with how popular college sports and sporting in general has become.

Example: All before the Big 12 championship game, ESPN is trying to pimp Chase Daniel as a Heisman calibur QB and Mizzou as a championship game calibur team.

I was so sick of it, even if I thought it would be cool to have a Big 12 team in the title game.

Example 2: Everything and everybody FAVRE, FAVRE, FAVRE!!!

That's my job, people. Only Packer fans should be as obsessed with Favre as ESPN was. I will step off my PACKER PLATFORM for one second and say that his hype was overdone that last season and the players around him made his record breaking season great. It wasn't just him.

Example 3: Anytime a split national championship is mentioned.

I know you're clammoring for controversy, but come on. First, you think OU in 2003 is a lock for the title game even before the Big 12 championship, then you go back and say that USC should be champions if they win the Rose Bowl. Anything to fill airtime into the wee hours of Saturday night. Uggggggh.

Example 4: College Gameday hoopla and monopoly.

Really, would it be that difficult for another network to put together an outdoor set outside some college stadium and compete with the likes of Lee Corso? Why does ESPN get sole say in which game is the top game (and atmosphere) in the country for the week, and while it amuses me to no end, it screws the west coast big time. This is like EA having sole control over sports video games in the NFL. Make it stop. Their games are fumble happy and really started to suck lately.

ESPN has been our media whor(n) for too long. It is time for another network to come in and determine our headlines. Oh... and making a continuing story out of Bobby Reid is "meh" at best. Coaches have had meltdowns on national television before (MSU's Smith, Colorado's Hawkins just to name a few) and every D1 program has quarterback controversies, or they wouldn't be D1 (or bowl subdivision or whatever the he!! they call it now).

JLEW1818
5/18/2008, 03:23 PM
Tell him to come play WR for us.

goingoneight
5/18/2008, 07:31 PM
I remember aggies saying Bobby Reid was better than Paul Thompson. You know they'd trade inflated stats in a millisecond for even an ounce of what made ENA great. So you lost your starting job... boo ****in' hoo, right? tough it out when the media puts you down... believe me, Jenni's article was nothing compared to the racist crap spewed at PT and Bob Stoops supposedly discriminating against black athletes (because Adrian Peterson and the rest of the offense was so white and all). Stick it out for your team to finish the season and consider a position move or transfer quietly and humbly. If God intended for you to command the world's most powerful offense, or in PT's case, command the Sooners to a championsip, his will be done, right? You signed an "athletic scholarship," not a "quarterback scholarship." What happened when Robinson unfortunately got hurt against aggy South? Booby came in and stunk it up. What happened when booby's shoulder got hurt? Sack Robinson came in and nearly sent his arch rivals into cardiac arrest by sticking it out for his team. I don't see PT crying if Halze had to relieve him from a shoulder injury. I see that guy getting in the face of his teammates and doing what he can to motivate and challenge his backup to win.

In closing, ZR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BR.

sooneron
5/18/2008, 08:54 PM
Hmm,
Let's see here...

osu- nope don't care
Bobby Reid - nope, don't care
Zac R - see above
[hairGel] - even more irrelevant

OU4LIFE
5/20/2008, 10:53 AM

hold the phone, are you seriously comparing Bradford to Robinson?

Dude, i always thought you were pretty objective and seemed fairly intelligent about the state of the two teams, but that's just insane.

NYC Poke
5/20/2008, 12:17 PM
hold the phone, are you seriously comparing Bradford to Robinson?

Dude, i always thought you were pretty objective and seemed fairly intelligent about the state of the two teams, but that's just insane.

Nope, just comparing spring games. Neither of our offenses looked all that great (I just read the stat lines, didn't watch the practices, and I understand stats can be misleading). However, given that our biggest question next year is our defense (all of it), and your biggest questions were the defensive secondary and linebacker, the outcome of our respective spring games is not such a bad thing.

I like Bradford, he's a great QB, and I hope he makes it to the next level. Robinson is a fun QB to watch and a good leader and decision-maker, but nobody's going to mistake him for a pro-type QB.

Mixer!
5/20/2008, 10:14 PM
In closing, ZR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BR.
Heh, I guess the same could be said for Donovan Woods. :pop:

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 10:18 PM

Or " Olevet Juice " :D

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 10:25 PM
Okay, so maybe it was boring. But a win is a win. That should help towards our bowl eligibility.

Seriously, though, I was actually happy to learn that some defense had been played in our spring game. I'm not really worried about our offense, and had I gone to college a little bit to the south, I might be a little smarter and I wouldn't be worried about my offense, either.

Your defense stepped up in the spring game. So did ours. And that was a much bigger question mark for us than it was for you.

So ya sayin Yall won yer spring Game ?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2008, 08:51 AM
they eeked one out...a nailbiter in the end......

Civicus_Sooner
5/21/2008, 08:00 PM
Bradford = NFL

Orange guy = insurance salesman

Civicus_Sooner
5/21/2008, 08:01 PM
I like Bradford, he's a great QB, and I hope he makes it to the next level. Robinson is a fun QB to watch and a good leader and decision-maker, but nobody's going to mistake him for a pro-type QB.Did you miss the part where Bradford is the best freshman QB in history?

That's what I thought.

NYC Poke
5/21/2008, 09:10 PM
Did you miss the part where Bradford is the best freshman QB in history?

That's what I thought.

No, I didn't miss that. I think Bradford is amazing, and he seems like a great person, also. Must be his Poke mother. :D

NYC Poke
5/21/2008, 09:23 PM
Bradford = NFL

Orange guy = insurance salesman

I'll post on this again so you can dish some more gratuitous neg spek.

I posted right after your spring game when many of your brethren were in meltdown mode to ask people to keep perspective, that SB is a great QB, and not to make too much of those stats. Those reflect my accurate thoughts on Bradford rather than my offhand comments during funtalk with badger -- he's a great QB who had a bad outing in a glorified scrimmage.

Now. Who is the better QB? For us, the offense we have installed, it's Zac Robinson. With the limited college practices, it takes a while to install a new offense built around a different style QB. Look at it this way: who's the better QB, Troy Aikman or Jamelle Hollieway? Aikman, undoubtedly, but JH won you a National Championship, one that Aikman probably wouldn't have one because of the talent assembled around him.

Zac's not going pro. He doesn't have the arm. Bradford has a great career in front of him, from what I've seen.

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 09:47 PM
they eeked one out...a nailbiter in the end......

I heard it was cause the Defense went to the Locker room early.

NYC Poke
5/21/2008, 10:01 PM
I heard it was cause the Defense went to the Locker room early.

I was just impressed that he has the restraint not to say "pillow biter."

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 10:06 PM
I was just impressed that he has the restraint not to say "pillow biter."

:D

Soonerus
5/21/2008, 10:08 PM
hold,em ???

goingoneight
5/21/2008, 10:10 PM
Now that you've reminded him, it will probably be within the hour.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/22/2008, 08:43 AM
they eeked one out...a pillow biter in the end......

fixed...i m a lil late as i was in a drug induced coma...Poke sometimes I think you must post in invisible ink because you ll say something then someone will argue with you and state the same thing you did...

NYC Poke
5/22/2008, 02:34 PM
Speaking of Bobby Reid, too bad Demetrius Jones has to sit out a year at Cincy. I would've like to have seen y'all play him.

soonerfan28
5/22/2008, 02:37 PM
Speaking of Bobby Reid, too bad Demetrius Jones has to sit out a year at Cincy. I would've like to have seen y'all play him.

He will play. He sat out last year.

NYC Poke
5/22/2008, 02:40 PM
He will play. He sat out last year.

I stand corrected. Sweet. Per wiki:

As of September 2007 it was reported he would transfer to Northern Illinois University where he would be eligible to play for the Huskies during the 2008 football season.[5] Since Jones was enrolled by the 12th day of classes in 2007, the 2007 season will count as the year he must sit-out due to transferring.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_Jones#cite_note-Irish_Huskie-5

soonerfan28
5/22/2008, 02:42 PM
I hope he starts next year. It will be a challenge for our D with his athletic ability.

Civicus_Sooner
5/22/2008, 02:43 PM
Now. Who is the better QB? For us, the offense we have installed, it's Zac Robinson. With the limited college practices, it takes a while to install a new offense built around a different style QB. Look at it this way: who's the better QB, Troy Aikman or Jamelle Hollieway? Aikman, undoubtedly, but JH won you a National Championship, one that Aikman probably wouldn't have one because of the talent assembled around him.

.That's a false argument. Totally different situations and QB's. Not at all applicable here.

badger
5/22/2008, 03:29 PM
OMG, a poke that knew about Jamelle Hollieway...
http://www.wikinomics.com/blog/uploads/disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg
THE SKY. IS. FALLING. :eek:

KingBarry
5/22/2008, 03:40 PM
OMG, a poke that knew about Jamelle Hollieway...
http://www.wikinomics.com/blog/uploads/disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg
THE SKY. IS. FALLING. :eek:

Maybe he's old. You know, like me?

NYC Poke
5/22/2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe he's old. You know, like me?

Old? I'm a man. I'm 40.

badger
5/23/2008, 10:28 AM
Old? I'm a man. I'm 40.

GARBAGE![hairGel]

goingoneight