PDA

View Full Version : Now for some good family news

tulsaoilerfan
5/15/2008, 11:05 PM
8th grade awards assembly today here at Henryetta Middle School; my son got 8 certificates which made me pretty proud; his awards were for Algebra 1, Science, Social Studies, Board of Education Honor Roll,Oklahoma Honor Society,Academic Letter H, President's Education Awards Program(yes, that's from Dubya), and an award for scoring in the top five percent of students taking ACT's Explore program in grade eight-the subject was science. Pretty proud of the little turd!!!:D

texas bandman
5/15/2008, 11:20 PM
Congrats...now slap him down so he doesn't get a big head.
:D

Curly Bill
5/15/2008, 11:56 PM
Are you sure he's yours? ;) :D

Okla-homey
5/16/2008, 06:13 AM
that is very cool.

All My Blonde Daughter got in eighth grade was a Presidential Physical Fitness Award from Billy C.:O

StoopTroup
5/16/2008, 06:48 AM
That's pretty awesome OilerFan!

Check this out.....:D

We got a call from our Daughters 4th grade Teacher yesterday that she told her Teacher that she was sorry about the project she had due not getting fininshed...but...she just quite a few things going on at Home right now.

When she got Home last night we asked her about those things and whether her playing at a friend's house Tuesday after school, blowing off the project and her Homework...were some of those things she had GOING ON.

She is grounded for a WEEK.

NO TV

NO COMPUTER

NO FRIENDS

YES you can read a book.

YES you can play your piano.

YES you can play your recorder.

What?

The DANCE TONIGHT that you wanted us to be Chaperone/Parents and take you and your friends to tonight?

Nope.

However...since she did get her Homework and the Project done last night...we are beginning to give in a little on the dance as it's a one time thing per School Year.

Still...she's grounded for a week.

I won't give in on that.

frankensooner
5/16/2008, 09:03 AM
My 8 year old runs up to my 13 year old and says: "do you notice anything different about me?" [she had just got a haircut.] The 13 yo replies: "yeah, you've gotten uglier."

Sisterly love. ;)

soonermix
5/16/2008, 10:12 AM
8th grade awards assembly today here at Henryetta Middle School; my son got 8 certificates which made me pretty proud; his awards were for Algebra 1, Science, Social Studies, Board of Education Honor Roll,Oklahoma Honor Society,Academic Letter H, President's Education Awards Program(yes, that's from Dubya), and an award for scoring in the top five percent of students taking ACT's Explore program in grade eight-the subject was science. Pretty proud of the little turd!!!:D

NERD!

j/k ;)

LoyalFan
5/16/2008, 11:00 AM
DNA check!

Awwww, shucks. We're all happy and/or proud for/of him tew! Pass it on.

LF