PDA

View Full Version : This just in...

Okla-homey
5/15/2008, 07:47 PM
:eek: fast-food workers spit on products.

Man, like that's a newsflash to anyone who ever worked fast food while in high school.:D

Sonic and everything. I wonder what the NBA franchise has to say about this?

Fast-Food Workers Spit In Customer Drinks

UPDATED: 9:11 am EDT May 15, 2008

EUNICE, La. -- Two fast-food workers at a Sonic eatery in Eunice spit into customers' drinks, a company representative said.

Several customers at the restaurant said their drinks were spiked with saliva.

"(My daughter) came up here and got a soda and come to find out some girls spit in the drink" father Joe Lawrence said.

A Sonic representative told KFLY-TV that the incident has been investigated and action has been taken.

Sonic said that the former employees at the eatery spit in the drinks, the KFLY report said.

"It was brought to my attention by the manager of the store that the incident was brought to his attention that an employee had spit in a drink of a customer," Sonic representative Steve Richard said.

Some customers said the incident made them sick to their stomachs.

"That is horrible," customer Jacquelyn Bourque said. "That is very bad because you really don't know how long they've been doing it."

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/15/2008, 07:50 PM
So you are saying that you are a swallower and not a spitter Homey?

olevetonahill
5/15/2008, 07:53 PM
I cant remember the Last time I ate at a fast spit Joint .

Okla-homey
5/15/2008, 07:58 PM
So you are saying that you are a swallower and not a spitter Homey?

what I'm saying is, if anyone ever gives any grief to a fast food worker, or makes a "special" order -- like hold the pickles or whatever, they're askin' for it.<shivver>

I actually witnessed a co-worker in 1977 wrap a slice of cheese around his johnson, then put it on a Big Mac. That Big Mac was headed to a guy who complained the one he was served was'nt hot enough.

My advice? Just order off the menu board, no special orders, and eat whatever they put in the sack. That's your best bet.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/15/2008, 08:00 PM
Hold the pickles is unreasonable? Wouldn't that give them less work to do ;)

Jerk
5/15/2008, 08:01 PM
This has been what I've been trying to tell my wife.

She goes in the drive-thru and demands this and demands that, no "please," no "thank you," etc.

I'm always as polite as I can be for this very reason.

SoonerBorn68
5/15/2008, 08:06 PM
I watched a guy eat a steak the other night that wasn't rare but raw. He ate what he could and happily paid for it. He told me under no circumstances would he send it back.

I kinda don't blame him.

VeeJay
5/15/2008, 08:38 PM
My late father-in-law was the world's worst at complaining about something every time he went into a restaurant. If he couldn't get satisfaction with the waiter or waitress, he'd demand to see the manager, then berate the manager with phrases like "Just take a look at that! Would you eat that?" His angle was that most places would comp his meal or his entire table just to keep the peace. He admitted this to me once, that he was hoping he'd get a meal free for complaining. Rest his soul, but he reall was a prick when it came to this stuff.

When he and his wife were out travelling, they always made it a point to stay in Hampton Inns on the nights they weren't mooching off friends and family, because Hamton has a 100% satisfasction guarantee ("If you're unhappy for any reason blah blah").

Looking back, I wonder how much spit, pee, poop, boogers and other disgusting bodily fluids he ingested for his actions.

After a couple of times witnessing this, I refused to go out to eat with him any more because I sort of figured it was happening.

olevetonahill
5/15/2008, 08:43 PM
My late father-in-law was the world's worst at complaining about something every time he went into a restaurant. If he couldn't get satisfaction with the waiter or waitress, he'd demand to see the manager, then berate the manager with phrases like "Just take a look at that! Would you eat that?" His angle was that most places would comp his meal or his entire table just to keep the peace. He admitted this to me once, that he was hoping he'd get a meal free for complaining. Rest his soul, but he reall was a prick when it came to this stuff.

When he and his wife were out travelling, they always made it a point to stay in Hampton Inns on the nights they weren't mooching off friends and family, because Hamton has a 100% satisfasction guarantee ("If you're unhappy for any reason blah blah").

Looking back, I wonder how much spit, pee, poop, boogers and other disgusting bodily fluids he ingested for his actions.

After a couple of times witnessing this, I refused to go out to eat with him any more because I sort of figured it was happening.

So how Old was when He died ?
The old boy May have been onto something .:D

VeeJay
5/15/2008, 08:56 PM
He'd just turned 70.

olevetonahill
5/15/2008, 09:21 PM
He'd just turned 70.

Did Ya Inherit anything ?
See Im thinking Hes saving fer his Kids :D

VeeJay
5/15/2008, 09:33 PM
No. I have no wealthy relatives.

yermom
5/15/2008, 09:37 PM
i almost always ask for something stupid, but i'm always cordial, and i tip decent

how on earth could you tell if someone spit in your drink? how would you "investigate" it?

Blue
5/16/2008, 02:09 AM
I won't send back food. Yer askin for it.

I went to Blockbuster for a change tonight and got three words at the register from some punk. "Swipe your card." No hello, no thank you, no nothin. A complete retard. That business is dying and they don't care. Hell anyone at a min. wage joint doesn't care. Give me a check for showing up.

Jimminy Crimson
5/16/2008, 03:02 AM
I won't send back food. Yer askin for it.

I went to Blockbuster for a change tonight and got three words at the register from some punk. "Swipe your card." No hello, no thank you, no nothin. A complete retard. That business is dying and they don't care. Hell anyone at a min. wage joint doesn't care. Give me a check for showing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TrPwOrf4sM

heh! :texan: