PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend's new employment...

Tulsa_Fireman
5/15/2008, 09:40 AM
And boy howdy, was it a long time in coming.

My blue eyed blonde Sooner alum is finally getting out of the dump she's been working at. But here's the scenario. Lemme know what you think, fellas.

This guy doesn't pay overtime. Her position isn't exempted under FLSA, nor is she a salaried employee. He's been flirting with disaster for Lord knows how long now, doing comp time for a lil' while, then nixing that, up until recently when a number of employees in another office walked out, notified the Department of Labor, and brought the hammer down which quickly changed the policy that's been on the books for at least 3+ years, probably longer. This will make the 2nd time he's been popped by the DoL for this exact same issue, both times in different offices. Add that to some strict working conditions and a definitive discrepancy in expectations from one position to the other, and needless to say, she's glad to be leaving and I'm one step removed from downright angry in wanting to crush this clown and in the least, get the back overtime she's owed. She has a number of time cards, but not all reflecting the hours worked and money earned and not paid. Her two weeks notice goes in today. Which leads to my question.

Call the DoL and sic the dogs? Or wash our hands of it?

Personally, I wanna blow this guy out of the water. But it's my bitterness in her working conditions that could very well be jading my opinion.

Thoughts?

JohnnyMack
5/15/2008, 09:52 AM
Drive by.

YWIA.

ADs_Agent
5/15/2008, 09:53 AM
Is he an a'hole with contacts or just an a'hole, if he's just an a'hole I say burn the bridge with him on it, if he is someone with important friends just wash your hands.

yermom
5/15/2008, 09:59 AM
not paid for time worked over 40 hours, or not paid 1.5x?

soonerboomer93
5/15/2008, 05:05 PM
just sick the DoL, but they probably can't do anything money that's more then 6 months in dispute

actually, i would figure out how much money it was, then make a decision if it's worth your time to go after it, or let it go

r5TPsooner
5/15/2008, 05:38 PM
Sounds like a great boss to me.

C&CDean
5/15/2008, 05:40 PM
Dude, strippers don't get overtime...

Oldnslo
5/15/2008, 05:54 PM
d00d, call me. Under the circumstances you're describing, she can get her OT, liquidated damages, a 3 year window, and attorney fees. My partner, Terry, and I just tried one of these.

C&CDean
5/15/2008, 05:55 PM
d00d, call me. Under the circumstances you're describing, she can get her OT, liquidated damages, a 3 year window, and attorney fees. My partner, Terry, and I just tried one of these.

Gatdang ambulance hasn't even left the scene of the accident yet...:texan:

Oldnslo
5/15/2008, 05:57 PM
Gatdang ambulance hasn't even left the scene of the accident yet...:texan:

all I can do is toss a few business cards into the carnage. Should print 'em on chamois.

yermom
5/15/2008, 06:04 PM
Dude, strippers don't get overtime...

i knew that wasn't really a fireman's pole in the living room!

StoopTroup
5/15/2008, 06:06 PM
Call David Garrett.....he'll know what to do. :D

Seriously...

Have OldnSlo torch him...especially if he's an aggie.

Okla-homey
5/15/2008, 07:14 PM
Wait a minute. I thought all cop and fireman girlfriends were 911 operators? At least until the cop and fireman wives found out.