PDA

View Full Version : Senator Calls For Spygate Probe

Rogue
5/14/2008, 08:53 PM
Another business cheating deal that Congress probably doesn't need to get involved in (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gqfQZ5ivFM4FzP64-dVRtZXvjjNQD90LL95G0)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hold on, NFL. Spygate isn't over. Not if the "incensed" Pittsburgh Steelers fan in Congress has anything to do with it. Sen. Arlen Specter on Wednesday called for an independent investigation of the New England Patriots' taping of opposing coaches' signals, possibly similar to the high-profile Mitchell Report on performance enhancing drugs in baseball.

"What is necessary is an objective investigation," Specter said at a news conference in the Capitol. "And this one has not been objective."

The Pennsylvania Republican was unforgiving of his criticism of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, saying that Goodell has made "ridiculous" assertions that wouldn't fly "in kindergarten." The Senator said Goodell was caught in an "apparent conflict of interest" because the NFL doesn't want the public to lose confidence in the league's integrity.

"They are enormous role models for everybody," Specter said. "If you can cheat in the NFL, you can cheat in college, you can cheat in high school, you can cheat on your grade-school math test. There's no limit as to what you can do. I think they owe the public a lot more candor and a lot more credibility."

I mean, really! :mad:

Curly Bill
5/14/2008, 09:03 PM
I like it. I think the NFL has tried to cover some of this stuff up. Of course I think there's more underhanded stuff goes on in much of professional sports then they want us to know...

Ash
5/14/2008, 10:59 PM
I think this is grandstanding. At least the Mitchell report was brought on by widespread scandal and allegations.

This is an isolated case that is pretty much been resolved. What else can come by it?

Scott D
5/14/2008, 11:06 PM
Re-election, and a feeling that the Iggles got robbed of a title by cheaters ;)

Sooner_Bob
5/15/2008, 07:06 AM
What a stupid waste of time . . .

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 11:50 AM
Maybe Congress should eliminate all sport administrations and take over them themselves since they have nothing else to do

soonerhubs
5/15/2008, 05:30 PM
Maybe congress should save the money and give it back to the tax payers. There are so many other pressing issues congress needs to act on. Priorities tend not to mean much to these morons.

JLB
5/16/2008, 11:05 PM
Congress BLOWS.

tulsaoilerfan
5/16/2008, 11:48 PM
I think the guy just likes to get his name in the papers and on ESPN