PDA

View Full Version : NCAAF 2009 player rankings

snp
5/14/2008, 07:21 PM
OU (http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=2796&no=160&outof=208)

Duke Robinson 97
Nic Harris 96
Demarcus Granger 94
Phil Loadholdt 94
Sam Bradford 94
Austin English 93
Jermaine Gresham 92

Other teams here (http://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=417&page=1)

osu and A&M best player is their punter :pop:

JLEW1818
5/14/2008, 08:09 PM
Thank god for Bradford, I got screwed in my tourny last year because neither qb was any good, " on the game"

OU-HSV
5/14/2008, 11:26 PM
Hey snp, is that the only Sooners it will let us look at so far?? No DM...and we can't see Sam's Throwing Power or Accuracy ratings??

snp
5/15/2008, 03:28 AM
All that I've seen so far. It could be stats from the Beta version of the game, I'm unclear on that. If I see anymore info, I'll pass it along.

OU-HSV
5/15/2008, 06:52 AM
All that I've seen so far. It could be stats from the Beta version of the game, I'm unclear on that. If I see anymore info, I'll pass it along.

Cool deal. Thanks.
I'm looking forward to the new game...can't get myself to buy a PS3 yet, so I guess I'll end up buying the PS2 version.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 11:44 AM
Those ratings are from the beta version so they are subject to change...2 99 rated players on the beta version...Laurenitis from tOSU and Tebow

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 11:45 AM
Cool deal. Thanks.
I'm looking forward to the new game...can't get myself to buy a PS3 yet, so I guess I'll end up buying the PS2 version.

This is the voice in your head posing as another poster...BUY THE PS3!

bosworthsteroidmafia
5/15/2008, 12:07 PM
DM better be at least a 95.

SoonerSinger3
5/15/2008, 12:36 PM
as much as i love demarco, he shouldn't be a 95 yet. he didn't do enough last year to get him that high of a rating. i mean heck sam bradford had one of the best freshman seasons of all time and isn't a 95. i don't know what his rating was in last years version but 95 is a bit high

badger
5/15/2008, 12:42 PM
For the non-video game obsessed out there, we should probably point out every year when this thread starts that the video game, as per NCAA rules, does not actually include any actual players or their actual names. Rather, they label each player by their number (and the numbers reflect the projected starters and they base numbers off of previous seasons). Therefore, the announcers, until you set the names in the system, will keep referring to the guy that resembles Sam Bradford as "the quarterback" or "Number 14" over and over.

Thus, low number rankings (a 99 is still the best, correct?) is not exactly a shot at the player himself, but rather, just a projection of what he's expected to be, without actually coming out and saying that it is actually him, as per NCAA rules.

If you wanted to compare it to something, think of all the OU jerseys you see walking around campus. No names on the back. This is not to correspond with the no-name jerseys we've seen in recent years, but rather, because OU and the NCAA can't sell amateur athletes to the public and thus, your #4 jersey is still good even though MK is gone, you can use that #7 jersey for Demarco instead of burning it for RB, and that #14 jersey you bought back in 2000? It might have been Heupel then, but it sure looks like Sam Bradford now!

just fyi. remember that not everyone here's an uber gamer.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 12:47 PM
OU (http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=2796&no=160&outof=208)

Duke Robinson 97
Nic Harris 96
Demarcus Granger 94
Phil Loadholdt 94
Sam Bradford 94
Austin English 93
Jermaine Gresham 92

Other teams here (http://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=417&page=1)

osu and A&M best player is their punter :pop:

Looking at other teams, there are a lot of 90 plus rated guys in the beta version...The cincy defense has quite a few highly rated guys...I suspect that there will a little changing once the game gets closer to being released....

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 12:53 PM
Oh there definitely is gonna have to be some changes...tOSU with a team offense rating of 99...and Michigan 5 points higher than WV..tOSU with a 99 rating in O,D, and overall..Murray is less than 92

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 12:57 PM
Top 25 from the beta version:
25. Oregon Ducks

24. Wake Forest Demon Deacons

23. South Carolina Gamecocks

22. Alabama Crimson Tide

21. Virginia Tech Hokies

20. Brigham Young Cougars

19. Pittsburgh Panthers

18. Illinois Fighting Illini

17. Kansas Jayhawks

16. Tennessee Volunteers

15. Wisconsin Badgers

14. Arizona State Sun Devils

13. Texas Tech Red Raiders

12. West Virginia Mountaineers

11. LSU Tigers

10. Penn State Nittany Lions

9. Auburn Tigers

8. Clemson Tigers

7. Texas Longhorns

6. Florida Gators

5. Missouri Tigers

4. USC Trojans

3. Ohio State Buckeyes

2. Oklahoma Sooners

1. Georgia Bulldogs

bosworthsteroidmafia
5/15/2008, 12:59 PM
You guys are probably right about Murray... I see him ending up as a 91 or 92.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 01:00 PM
Pettigrew from osu is a 93....Robinson is 87

soonermix
5/15/2008, 01:13 PM
does the game still come out every year in august?
who is going to be on the cover this year?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 01:18 PM
July 15 is what I saw

McFadden xbox360
Matt Ryan PS3
Sparty the Spartan Wii
DeSean Jackson PS2
Owen Schmitt PSP

badger
5/15/2008, 01:40 PM
July 15 is what I saw

McFadden xbox360
Matt Ryan PS3
Sparty the Spartan Wii
DeSean Jackson PS2
Owen Schmitt PSP

However, Brett Favre pwns all when it comes to football video game covers this year :D

Xbox 360: FAVRE!
PS3: FAVRE!!
Wii: FAVRE!!!
PS2: FAVRE AGAIN!
PSP: and it's FAVRE for the sweep!

Bwhahahahahaha... try to Madden curse a player who's retired, people. It ain't happening this year :D:D:D

RedstickSooner
5/15/2008, 03:31 PM
Bwhahahahahaha... try to Madden curse a player who's retired, people. It ain't happening this year :D:D:D

You, sir, are deliberately attempting to have that nice middle-aged man get hit by a meteorite while mowing his lawn.

For shame!

badger
5/15/2008, 03:50 PM
You, sir, are deliberately attempting to have that nice middle-aged man get hit by a meteorite while mowing his lawn.

For shame!

You, sir, have just referred to be as a "sir" implying that I must be a nice middle-aged man about to get hit by a meteorite while mowing my lawn or something.

For shame!

So um, if you haven't figured it out by my "doing my nails" location, all the posts where I talked about my husband NormanPride or the fact that my sig says "I love you NormanPride," I'm one of the resident girls that post here.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/15/2008, 04:27 PM
However, Brett Favre pwns all when it comes to football video game covers this year :D

Xbox 360: FAVRE!
PS3: FAVRE!!
Wii: FAVRE!!!
PS2: FAVRE AGAIN!
PSP: and it's FAVRE for the sweep!

Brett Farve??? I think they just cursed the QB position in Green Bay. ...For a very long time.

badger
5/15/2008, 07:36 PM
Brett Farve??? I think they just cursed the QB position in Green Bay. ...For a very long time.

Someone's been watching this guy for too long:
:gary:

What we have is a Gary England tornado watch right now in effect for the Madden curse... let's call this a CURSE WATCH. Now, does a tornado watch mean there's a reason to keep tuned to Gary England instead of American Idol?

England: YES! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME KEEPING YOU SAFE!

No, absolutely not. Curse Watch does not equal curse. The conditions are right for a curse to be in effect, but unfortunately, there is NO CURSE NOW.

Ok, continue watching Gary England...

SoonerInLubbock
5/15/2008, 10:17 PM
I noticed Texas Tech ranked number 13 here. Hmmm? Could what all these crackheads in Lubbock be right? Will Tech be a force to be reckoned with this year? Well if EA sports say's so(sarcasim here folks).
This is just gonna add fuel to the fire already burning here in Lubbock. It's bad enough that I moved here two weeks after our misrable loss this year. Now the gamer nerds are gonna gimme hell too. It's hard being a Sooner in Lubbock. They still think they won two years ago!!!!! Rubish!!

OU-HSV
5/15/2008, 11:53 PM
This is the voice in your head posing as another poster...BUY THE PS3!

Wish I had the money to spend on it...I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Someone enlighten me....what's the "Beta Version" mean??

mxATVracer10
5/16/2008, 09:28 AM
what's the "Beta Version" mean??
More or less its a "test" game that a few people get (mostly staff, but sometimes it goes out to general public) to play and attempt to work out the bugs before a final release is made. It's pretty normal to have several things change from the beta version to the final one... Hope that helps :D

emoinwinter
5/16/2008, 12:33 PM
The thing I like about it is that Sam isn't completely slow. They have his speed as 72, and acceleration at 84. This should be enough to buy you a extra second or two in the game to throw. Nic had decent speed and good strength for a safety. Looking at all the stats, the only concern I had was Jermaine's strength rating. He will be good at running routes for you, but he may not be the best blocker in the world.

JLEW1818
5/16/2008, 12:55 PM
Can somebody please Simulate the USC vs OSU game soon, so we can gossip? I know its not out yet I don't think? But is this possible to do?

Scott D
5/16/2008, 02:26 PM
Now, does a tornado watch mean there's a reason to keep tuned to Gary England instead of American Idol?

sunny skies and no clouds with moderate temperatures is a reason to keep tuned to Gary England instead of American Fraud. :)