PDA

View Full Version : My unofficial predictions for the following teams...

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2008, 05:27 PM
The following are 16 of the top 17 in Mark Schlabach's (of espn.com) post spring top 25. I did not include BYU.

1. Ohio State
Ohio State will not finish the regular season #1. Toughest games; @USC, @Wisconsin and Michigan. Predicted record: 10-2

2. Georgia
Fairly easy non conference schedule helps the Bulldogs this year. Toughest games; @Arizona State, @LSU, Tennessee and Florida. Predicted record: 10-2

3. Oklahoma
Oklahoma my have the easiest task this season to getting to the BCS title game. Toughest games; Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, and @ Oklahoma State. Predicted record: 11-1

4. Southern Cal
Southern Cal could march straight to the Title game this year. Toughest games; @Virginia, Ohio State, Oregon, Arizona State, and Notre Dame. Predicted record: 11-1

5. Florida
Tough road schedule. Florida may end up third once again in the East. Toughest games; @Tennessee, LSU, @Georgia, and @Florida State. Predicted record: 9-3

6. Missouri
This team will be determined to prove 2007 was no fluke. Toughest games; Illinois, @Nebraska, @Texas, and Kansas. Predicted record: 9-3

7. Clemson
Only four road games helps this team. Toughest games; Alabama, @Boston College, @ Florida State, and South Carolina. Predicted record: 8-4

8. Texas
Can they overcome Oklahoma's dominance? Toughest games; Oklahoma, @ Texas Tech, @ Kansas, and Texas A&M. Predicted record: 10-2

9. West Virgnia
Will their new coach continue to build off the Fiesta Boiwl Blow out over OU? Toughest games; @Colorado, Auburn, @Louisville, and South Florida. Predicted record: 10-2

10. Auburn
Auburn seems to be the team of the SEC West. Toughest games; LSU, Tennessee, @West Virginia, Georgia, and @Alabama. Predicted record: 9-3

11. Texas Tech
Does Texas Tech really deserve to start this high? Toughest games; @Nevada, @Kansas, Texas, and @Oklahoma. Predicted record: 9-3

12. Louisiana State
They are not loaded with Seniors this year. Will they have enough to repeat? Toughest games; @Auburn, @Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Predicted record: 8-4

13. Arizona State
Can Arizona win the Pac-10? Toughest games; Georgia, @ California, @ USC, Oregon, and @Arizona. Predicted record: 9-3

15. Tennessee
Tennessee is no stranger to a strong schedule. This year is no different. Toughest games; @UCLA, Florida, @Auburn, @Georgia, and Alabama. Predicted record: 8-4

16. Illinois
Will the be better than last year? They have some major holes to fill. Toughest games; @Missouri, @Penn State, @Michigan, @Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Predicted record: 8-4

17. Kansas
No easy schedule this year. Toughest games; @South Florida, Colorado, @Oklahoma, Texas Tech, @Nebraska, Texas, and @Missouri. Predicted record: 7-5

TheUnnamedSooner
5/14/2008, 06:03 PM
I would say our trip to Seattle and the cincy games are tougher than Kansas and Nebraska.

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2008, 06:26 PM
I would say our trip to Seattle and the cincy games are tougher than Kansas and Nebraska.

That is your opinion which you are entitled too.. Cincy has to replace their entire offensive backfield. And Washington, well, that really will not be all that tough, outside it is the first road game. As long as the refs play fair, OU wins big.

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2008, 06:28 PM
Also, KU returns the majority of their starters from 2007. Nebraska will be tough because they have a new defensive minded coach and it is Nebraska, which is a rivalry for us.

auto
5/14/2008, 06:33 PM
As long as the refs play fair, OU wins big.

Now there be the problem.:D

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2008, 06:38 PM
Now there be the problem.:D

I know.

Collier11
5/14/2008, 06:58 PM
The following are 16 of the top 17 in Mark Schlabach's (of espn.com) post spring top 25. I did not include BYU.

1. Ohio State
Ohio State will not finish the regular season #1. Toughest games; @USC, @Wisconsin and Michigan. Predicted record: 10-2

2. Georgia
Fairly easy non conference schedule helps the Bulldogs this year. Toughest games; @Arizona State, @LSU, Tennessee and Florida. Predicted record: 10-2

3. Oklahoma
Oklahoma my have the easiest task this season to getting to the BCS title game. Toughest games; Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, and @ Oklahoma State. Predicted record: 11-1

4. Southern Cal
Southern Cal could march straight to the Title game this year. Toughest games; @Virginia, Ohio State, Oregon, Arizona State, and Notre Dame. Predicted record: 11-1

5. Florida
Tough road schedule. Florida may end up third once again in the East. Toughest games; @Tennessee, LSU, @Georgia, and @Florida State. Predicted record: 9-3

6. Missouri
This team will be determined to prove 2007 was no fluke. Toughest games; Illinois, @Nebraska, @Texas, and Kansas. Predicted record: 9-3

7. Clemson
Only four road games helps this team. Toughest games; Alabama, @Boston College, @ Florida State, and South Carolina. Predicted record: 8-4

8. Texas
Can they overcome Oklahoma's dominance? Toughest games; Oklahoma, @ Texas Tech, @ Kansas, and Texas A&M. Predicted record: 10-2

9. West Virgnia
Will their new coach continue to build off the Fiesta Boiwl Blow out over OU? Toughest games; @Colorado, Auburn, @Louisville, and South Florida. Predicted record: 10-2

10. Auburn
Auburn seems to be the team of the SEC West. Toughest games; LSU, Tennessee, @West Virginia, Georgia, and @Alabama. Predicted record: 9-3

11. Texas Tech
Does Texas Tech really deserve to start this high? Toughest games; @Nevada, @Kansas, Texas, and @Oklahoma. Predicted record: 9-3

12. Louisiana State
They are not loaded with Seniors this year. Will they have enough to repeat? Toughest games; @Auburn, @Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Predicted record: 8-4

13. Arizona State
Can Arizona win the Pac-10? Toughest games; Georgia, @ California, @ USC, Oregon, and @Arizona. Predicted record: 9-3

15. Tennessee
Tennessee is no stranger to a strong schedule. This year is no different. Toughest games; @UCLA, Florida, @Auburn, @Georgia, and Alabama. Predicted record: 8-4

16. Illinois
Will the be better than last year? They have some major holes to fill. Toughest games; @Missouri, @Penn State, @Michigan, @Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Predicted record: 8-4

17. Kansas
No easy schedule this year. Toughest games; @South Florida, Colorado, @Oklahoma, Texas Tech, @Nebraska, Texas, and @Missouri. Predicted record: 7-5

If it goes that way we will likely get a rematch against usuc, man wouldnt it be nice to beat their arses

r5TPsooner
5/14/2008, 08:06 PM
NU will be salty with the new HC coming in.

JLEW1818
5/14/2008, 08:13 PM
SOONERS VS TROJANS ......... I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR MONTHS!!! HAHA

EXCEPT THIS TIME THE DIRTY SANCHEZ IS GETTING RUBBED ON HIM!

Crucifax Autumn
5/15/2008, 02:06 AM
Ohio State will be worse than 10-2, Georgia might run the table, Missouri and Florida will be better than 9-3, and OU will win all their regular season games.

SUC will lose 3.

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 02:42 AM
Ohio State will be worse than 10-2, Georgia might run the table, Missouri and Florida will be better than 9-3, and OU will win all their regular season games.

SUC will lose 3.

How can you say the Georgia will run the table? Their schedule is like the 1999-2000 national championship sooner schedule! Don't get me wrong we won every game. However I find it hard to believe that Georgia will win every game. Come on now seriously look at their away games.... OKAY I will give ya'll this Georgia will lose at least 1 HOME GAME THIS YEAR. I REPEAT GEORGIA WILL LOSE A HOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FIND IT EVERY YEAR THAT SOME TEAM HAS ALL THEIR RETURNING PLAYERS AND YA YA YAH THEIR NOT GOING TO LOSE A GAME... GEORIGA WILL NOT ... I REPEAT WILL NOT BE IN THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME. YES RETURNING PLAYER IS A GOOD THING. BUT IN THE END IT DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK OUT. TEBOW OR AUBURN'S NEW SYSTEM WILL FIND A WAY TO GET PAST THEM, NOT SAYING THEY BOTH WILL, OR EVEN LSU, OR ARIZONA STATE. College football is not even about the best team, it’s about who can be the best for the regular season and be lucky. AND also who can practice for a month without playing a game.... and win! I WILL PUT MY LEFT NUT ON THAT GEORGIA WILL NOT WIN/MAKE IT TO THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME. I’M NOT SAYIHNG OKLAHOMA IS PERFECT. BUT WE HAVE THE SCHEDULE TO MAKE IT AND THE TALENT, AND SO DOES USC.

OKLAHOMA VS USC ....... OR ..................... AUBURN . PLEASE SOMEBODY SAVE MY POST... IT MAY NOT BE RIGHT ,,, BUT TO BE SAFE SAVE IT!

GO SOONERS, I'LL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES FOR US TO WIN. SORRY FANS FOR SOUNDING SOOOO STUBBURN?? I CARE FOR ARE PLAYERS AND FANS, AND FAMILY.

GOD BLESS OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL.

Crucifax Autumn
5/15/2008, 03:07 AM
Well, I said "might". And as the thread title says, it's unofficial. My reasoning is that some of the supposed great teams in the SEC tend to lose unexpected games, so the LSUs etc. may blow one.

I agree that Georgia won't be in the title game, but I mainly think it will be due to the SEC beating the crap out of each other and degrading SOS through the season. Even if Georgia does manage to run the table, they may end up behind a one loss team from another conference.

In any event, SEC blows and OU rules. Big 10 sucks and OU rules. Sac 10 swallows and OU rules.

Bring on anyone...I'm a Sooner and I know that we can take on any team in the nation if we play to our potential.

soonermix
5/15/2008, 09:20 AM
I WILL PUT MY LEFT NUT ON THAT GEORGIA WILL NOT WIN/MAKE IT TO THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME.

how do you expect to pay up on that one if you are wrong????:P

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 09:29 AM
If OU doesn't play better on the road, I would say any road game is the toughest game they have

NormanPride
5/15/2008, 09:36 AM
I would say Us, Georgia, and Clemson probably have the easiest roads. Maybe tOSU as well if they can avoid slipping up.

soonerinabilene
5/15/2008, 10:27 AM
how do you expect to pay up on that one if you are wrong????:P

Oh, we have fans that take care of that. Ask that one-nut whorn that GDC got ahold of last year.:O

badger
5/15/2008, 11:01 AM
The worst part about easy schedules is that everyone expects you to win them all. If you don't, you drop.

See Kansas last year - one loss, severe drop.

I haven't liked the direction of college football lately - too much pressure all the time that leads to media overhype and pandering for votes among the pollsters to get into prestigious games over equally deserving teams leading to split national championships and a lot of whining.

Without further ado, the badger flawless predictions:

- Ohio State: Every major commentator except Kirk Herbstreit starts to wonder if the Big 10 gives teams too easy a road to get to the title game, yet never proves how great the conference is in bowl matchups. Ohio State ends season weeks before others, thus gets free pass to title game.

- Oklahoma: Through much controversy because the AP considers USC it's unquestioned No. 1, undefeated Oklahoma gets into the title game with easy tOSU. However, All top 10 finalists for the Heisman are from USC, thus ensuring that the Heisman will once again go to USC, so why are we complaining, Trojan man?

- USC: An undefeated schedule with many close games causes pollsters to choose OU ahead of USC, but that doesn't stop the complaining. Pete Carroll once again campaigns for Coaches Poll voters, despite contracts which force coaches to vote for the BCS championship game winner. However, another trip to the Rose Bowl isn't too bad because with top Big 10 team in the championship game, the Rose Bowl game features second place team...

- Wisconsin. HUH?!?! Oh, right. Rose Bowl rules. Must be a Big 10/Pac 10 matchup or you can go to hades. Wisconsin has a three-loss season, has been impressing nobody but the locals who JUMP AROUND!!!!11!!!ONEONE between the third and fourth quarters after their 10th beer. A matchup with Wisconsin means that USC is guaranteed to win and whining will ensue.

- Florida. Tim Tebow rises to the occasion (not really) to only lose two SEC games! Unfortunately, there are so many two and three loss SEC teams that the over strength of their schedule looks a little light and they simply make their annual Orange Bowl appearance. Woot.

- Miami. Oh, didn't see this coming. A weakened conference including an overrated Va Tech and others make the ACC so weak and such that the only games that were considered noteworthy was the annual romp with Florida State. The fark board now has numerous funny images of what appears to be a sleeping/dead Bobby Bowden on the sideline. Ths scoreboard reads Miami: 70. FSU: 3. But, since it isn't Miami's year either, they have three losses and aren't in title pictures (thank GOD)

- Rutgers. The Big East needs to have SOMEBODY win the championship, right? South Florida suffers a down year... OUT! West Virginia is too caught up in lawsuits for Rich Roddy... out! Boston College had too many players gone from the year before, but they claim the religious school title. Rutgers has a two loss season and makes the Fiesta Bowl, where they play....

- Mizzou. Hahahahaha. Right when you thought Misery could escape the Oklahoma problems of last year, they end up playing OU in the title game... and losing. Chase Daniel was ejected from the game for throwing his helmet... but in the Youtube moment of the year, even his helmet was intercepted by OU's defense. Counting this INT, Daniel had six on the day. NFL scouts watching him leave after the first quarter.

- Notre Dame: Lose seven games. No, you do not get a bowl invite with seven losses. No, Charlie Weis will not refund any of his contractually obligated money. Next...

- South Carolina. In the surprise of the season, Ball Coach Steve Spurrier plays five different quarterbacks... and still wins a lot? The OTHER usc plays in the Sugar Bowl with...

- Notre Dame. NO, THEY DON'T GET A BOWL INVITE!

- TCU. The non-BCS school squeaks in with a one-loss schedule. Texas fans scream for justice and mercy as they make yet another Holiday Bowl trip while another school in the state goes BCSing.

Thus fills up my 10-school BCS bracket.

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 01:55 PM
The worst part about easy schedules is that everyone expects you to win them all. If you don't, you drop.

Badger thats one of the best points I've seen in a while.

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 01:57 PM
Also as for Georgia, I would think they would have a better chance winning the national title game, as opposed to getting to the national title game.

poke4christ
5/15/2008, 03:17 PM
very nice. I like.

oupride
5/15/2008, 03:53 PM
Ohio State will not finish in the top 5 this year.

badger
5/15/2008, 03:53 PM

Badger thats one of the best points I've seen in a while.

EDIT: I meant that if you don't win them all, just by losing one you're dropped, end of discussion, no chance at all of going to the title game, regardless of record. It's the Mid Major curse that haunts us all.

silverwheels
5/15/2008, 03:56 PM
ACC - There's no reason for Clemson to miss the conference championship game and a BCS bowl this year, even with Tommy Bowden as head coach. Expect a drop-off from the two best teams from last year, BC and VT.

Big East - West Virginia will probably win it again; whether or not they contend for the BCS title depends on their defense and if Noel Devine can handle being the starter and primary ball-carrier. Second place will likely go to USF.

Big Ten - Cakewalk for Ohio State, who might have the best shot in the country at going undefeated. Only tough tests are @USC and @Wisconsin, who will battle with Illinois for second in the conference.

Big 12 - Missouri has the second best shot at going undefeated, but if they play OU in the CCG they're toast. OU has to learn to play on the road to be able to contend for the BCS title. Tech is getting a lot of hype, but they haven't yet proven that they're championship-caliber. Texas has some work to do to keep Tech from passing them; their game is in Lubbock this year so it won't be easy. Kansas will see a drop-off from last year, but Mangino is a good coach and will keep them from going back down to the cellar.

Pac-10 - USC still reigns, but Sanchez is still a bit of an unknown, even after having started in Booty's stead for a couple of games last year. Also replacing some key players on defense. Should receive some stiff challenges from Cal and ASU.

SEC - This year's SEC title runs through the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Georgia and Florida are the conference's two possible BCS contenders, and I have to give UGA the edge based on last year and what they return. If UF can get some running production from someone(s) other than Tebow and their defense gets better, they could win it. Auburn is really the only team in the West that will challenge for the SEC championship, unless LSU's new QB and defense can produce.

Mid-majors - BYU has quietly put up back-to-back 11-win seasons. They have to be the favorites to be this year's Boise State or Hawai'i. Fresno State also has a good squad this year; Pat Hill just needs to not choke the WAC title away.

It's very early, but unless Ohio State completely collapses, they should be in Miami on January 8th. Can't quite tell who their opponent will be; all of the other possible contenders have roughly the same amount of weaknesses that could keep them out of the title game.

silverwheels
5/15/2008, 03:58 PM
Ohio State will not finish in the top 5 this year.

They don't play any SEC teams (not counting bowls), so they should be okay.

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 04:06 PM
Badger,

ya I know what you ment, thats what can screw big 12 teams....

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 04:08 PM
Honestly looking at the schedule I think we have the best chance to go undefeated in the regular season. Ohio state @ usc ... enough said.

silverwheels
5/15/2008, 04:11 PM
Honestly looking at the schedule I think we have the best chance to go undefeated in the regular season. Ohio state @ usc ... enough said.

Given what we lost and how we typically perform on the road (looking at our road games this year), I don't think that's true. USC has to replace some key players while Ohio State returns practically everybody, although it is at the Coliseum.

I don't know. I guess we'll see.

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 05:18 PM
ya I see your point, but I do think there will be at least 1 undefeated team this year.

SteelClip49
5/15/2008, 07:04 PM
OU won a title in 1999 jlew?

badger
5/15/2008, 07:10 PM
Badger,

ya I know what you ment, thats what can screw big 12 teams....

Ok, I didn't know if you were being devil's advocate or anything on pointing out how simple the logic is that after you lose you drop in the rankings... I mean, duh.

What I was clarifying is that if you have an easy schedule, you get no breaks whatsoever for a loss. You lose, you are screwed, regardless of what other teams are doing. If Hawaii lost last year, it would have been in the WAC bowl, no questions asked. Same goes for Boise the year before.

It seems fairly obvious that teams should drop in rankings if they lose, but if they lose AND have an easy schedule, they drop waaaaaay down. The Mid Major curse :D

JLEW1818
5/15/2008, 07:42 PM
Right on i'm watching the spring game highlights on fsn right now

NYC Poke
5/15/2008, 10:00 PM
Speaking of easy schedules, has anyone checked out the previews of the PAC 10 this year? Few teams return many starters. All lost key pieces of their teams. I think this year the PAC 10 might be the Big X of the West Coast, only with fewer teams.

SoonerInLubbock
5/15/2008, 10:26 PM
# 11 Texas Tech? Well if you ask the folks in Lubbock they would say they deserve better. I've been around big 12 football my whole life (well big 8 big 12) and I've never herd a bigger bunch of whiners then the fans in Lubbock. Hey Tech fans!

How many BCS bowl games - 0

How many national championships-0

How man big 12 championships -0

Hey sand aggies get used to it.

Salt City Sooner
5/15/2008, 10:37 PM
Speaking of easy schedules, has anyone checked out the previews of the PAC 10 this year? Few teams return many starters. All lost key pieces of their teams. I think this year the PAC 10 might be the Big X of the West Coast, only with fewer teams.
To give them the benefit of the doubt though, with the exception of Arizona, all those teams have decent to solid OOC's:

Arizona- Idaho, Toledo, @ New Mexico
Arizona St.- Northern Arizona, UNLV, Georgia
Cal- Michigan St., @ Maryland, Colorado St.
Oregon- Utah St., @ Purdue, Boise St.
Oregon St.- @ Penn St., Hawaii, @ Utah
Stanford- @ TCU, San Jose St., @ Notre Dame
UCLA- Tennessee, @ BYU, Fresno St.
USC- @ Virginia, Ohio St., Notre Dame
Washington- BYU, OU, Notre Dame
Wazzu- OSU, @ Baylor, Portland St., @ Hawaii

Definitely some games I'll be watching on there. Is it August yet? :D

goingoneight
5/15/2008, 11:15 PM
SEC = UGA (I'm not a fan of the consatant SEC slobber-fest, but their conference king looks to be the best overall)

BIG 12 = Winnar of TT vs OU (OU rocks the Fock out of TT)

PAC 10 = SUC, surprise start for Arizona, but late-season slide ala Arizona State 2007. Mike Stoops says "**** it, I'm going back to Norman." :D

BIG 11 = Ohio State splits title with Illinois, Bucknuts win the head-to-head for Rose Bowl rematch against SUC.

ACC = I just flipped a coin and it landed on "who gives a ****?"

BIG EAST = WVU struggles a bit with key losses, but takes the conference and BCS bid.

Rose Bole: SUC vs. tOSU
Orange Bole: Cinderella vs. Virgina Tceh
Sugar Bole: Floriduh vs. WVU
Fiasco Bowl: Texass Tceh vs. Illinois
MNC Bole: UGA vs. OU (two-loss and one-loss teams respectively)

NYC Poke
5/15/2008, 11:30 PM
To give them the benefit of the doubt though, with the exception of Arizona, all those teams have decent to solid OOC's:

Arizona- Idaho, Toledo, @ New Mexico
Arizona St.- Northern Arizona, UNLV, Georgia
Cal- Michigan St., @ Maryland, Colorado St.
Oregon- Utah St., @ Purdue, Boise St.
Oregon St.- @ Penn St., Hawaii, @ Utah
Stanford- @ TCU, San Jose St., @ Notre Dame
UCLA- Tennessee, @ BYU, Fresno St.
USC- @ Virginia, Ohio St., Notre Dame
Washington- BYU, OU, Notre Dame
Wazzu- OSU, @ Baylor, Portland St., @ Hawaii

Definitely some games I'll be watching on there. Is it August yet? :D

I wish.

I'm talking about their in-conference schedule. There's a media slobber-fest over USC because of their recruiting, but we've all seen The Next Vince Young* enough to know that recruits don't always pan out.
PAC 10 looks weak to me. I hope I'm not changing my tune after our (or your) trip to Seattle.

*Sub in Troy Aikman or Marcus Dupree. Both great athletes, but your teams were better without them.

JLEW1818
5/16/2008, 02:28 AM
Talked to a tech student tonight, he said that being ranked near the top is a bad thing for them. He said they know they are a good team, but the need to start near the top 15-20, to contend, mentally. I said that all fine and dandy but guess what if 2 teams ahead of them win out this year, we will see ya later tech, go give auburn a call and ask them about starting low in the rankings... lol

KantoSooner
5/16/2008, 10:05 AM
tOSU has a chance against USC?!? Delusional.

USC wins that one (at home) by 40 or more.

OSU is fat and slow. That sort of experience will not help them against the Trojans. I hate USC, but still, reality is reality. tOSU has absolutely no chance in that game. They should save the environment and stay home.

JLEW1818
5/16/2008, 12:26 PM
tOSU has a chance against USC?!? Delusional.

USC wins that one (at home) by 40 or more.

OSU is fat and slow. That sort of experience will not help them against the Trojans. I hate USC, but still, reality is reality. tOSU has absolutely no chance in that game. They should save the environment and stay home.

I agree the Trojans are a lot faster and way more of a free running type team. I think thats where Oklahoma comes in playing against the Trojans this year.... lol who knows.

Collier11
5/16/2008, 12:46 PM
Maybe im just being overconfident but is anyone else seeing a blow out of texas again this yr? I may be mistaken cus I havent looked at their roster in a while but the D lost some starters, their O-line didnt return too much, and they are still looking for WR and RBs

JLEW1818
5/16/2008, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking the first quarter is going to be a close one. But then BAM, Dominique Franks intercepts Colt McCoy for a TD. Then we kickoff and after their 20 yard gain. They get nervous and we stop them on a 3 and out. Then bobby stoops says the hell with it, and Sammy boy throws a 65 yard TD pass to Jermaine Gresham over the middle, on the first play of the drive. At half time OU 28 UT 3. Ya I was bored.

MojoRisen
5/16/2008, 01:59 PM
Texas has players, it is a matter if Mack can coach them up any...

I am still leary of playing on the Road - why the hell that was such a problem I do not know. OU should be able to knock snot out of most teams this year i the big 12...

Big 12 is as tough if not tougher than the SEC this year.
Florida has 3 or 4 running backs that are going to be stars - Georgia has too many tough road games. Watch out for South Carolina this year to sneak in the CCG.

JLEW1818
5/16/2008, 02:09 PM
Auburn, check their schedule out compared to other sec teams.

08/30/08 vs. Louisiana-Monroe Auburn, Ala. TBA
09/06/08 vs. Southern Miss Auburn, Ala. TBA
09/13/08 at Mississippi State Starkville, Miss. TBA
09/20/08 vs. LSU Auburn, Ala. TBA
09/27/08 vs. Tennessee Auburn, Ala. TBA
10/04/08 at Vanderbilt Nashville, Tenn. TBA
10/11/08 vs. Arkansas Auburn, Ala. TBA
10/23/08 at West Virginia Morgantown, W.V. TBA (thursday night) be ready
11/01/08 at Mississippi Oxford, Miss. TBA
11/08/08 vs. Tennessee-Martin (HC) Auburn, Ala. TBA
11/15/08 vs. Georgia Auburn, Ala. TBA
11/29/08 at Alabama

Hard home games, easy road games. This is a very dangerous team with their new offense, that should be watched closely.

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2008, 06:19 AM

SUC will lose 3.

If Florida is better than 9-3, they will make the NCTG. In order to do that, they have to get by Georgia, which is most unlikely. Florida will also have to get by LSU and Tennessee, and a few other tough games. I listed what I thought were their toughest. Florida could also finish as bad as 8-4.

Missouri will have to go undefeated to be better than last year. That task will be easier said than done. 2007 was Missouri's best season EVER! Did you catch that last word? Ever, meaning their entire football history.

Georgia has a helluva road schedule. They may end up losing one at home and one on the road. Both the games are up in the air, Georgia should be the real deal next season, but who knows? We all know Hawaii was a freaking joke anyway.

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2008, 06:31 AM

See Kansas last year - one loss, severe drop.

Kansas won the Orange Bowl. How was that a severe drop?

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2008, 06:48 AM
Talked to a tech student tonight, he said that being ranked near the top is a bad thing for them. He said they know they are a good team, but the need to start near the top 15-20, to contend, mentally. I said that all fine and dandy but guess what if 2 teams ahead of them win out this year, we will see ya later tech, go give auburn a call and ask them about starting low in the rankings... lol

Pop Quiz:

In 2000, what was OU ranked headed into the season?

Salt City Sooner
5/18/2008, 11:30 AM
After that loss (their only one of the year) to Mizzou (& remember, Mizzou rose to a solid #1 the next week), KU dropped from #2 to #7, & dropped yet another notch to #8 the following week, in the final pre-bowl poll.

JLEW1818
5/18/2008, 12:38 PM
Ya and your pop quiz we got lucky and had the chance to play everybody who mattered that year, and we won thank god. If Ohio state and Georgia win out this year and so do we, we don't go anywhere. Thats if we are ranked 3rd or 4th at the beginning of the year which I think we will be. Not saying that Ohio state and Georgia are going to win out b/c they wont, but if you can be ranked in the top 2 at the beginning thats the best thing for you. 04-05 USC Oklahoma won out regular season. 05-06 USC UT , won out regular season.

JMO

OU_Sooners75
5/20/2008, 02:36 AM
After that loss (their only one of the year) to Mizzou (& remember, Mizzou rose to a solid #1 the next week), KU dropped from #2 to #7, & dropped yet another notch to #8 the following week, in the final pre-bowl poll.

Which is about the norm after a loss.

Apparently they were ranked high enough to make and win a BCS bowl game.

OU_Sooners75
5/20/2008, 02:44 AM
Ya and your pop quiz we got lucky and had the chance to play everybody who mattered that year, and we won thank god. If Ohio state and Georgia win out this year and so do we, we don't go anywhere. Thats if we are ranked 3rd or 4th at the beginning of the year which I think we will be. Not saying that Ohio state and Georgia are going to win out b/c they wont, but if you can be ranked in the top 2 at the beginning thats the best thing for you. 04-05 USC Oklahoma won out regular season. 05-06 USC UT , won out regular season.

JMO

Do you honestly think everyone is not smart here or what?

Actually how the schedules fair, OSU may drop to #3 if OU, UGA and OSU go undefeated. Thanks for the easy *** schedule and for them ending the season two weeks early and both UGA and OU having to play a quality opponent in their respective conference championship.

Ohio State's schedule this year is ridiculous. In case you have not seen it here it is...

8/30 Youngstown State
9/06 Ohio
9/13 @ USC
9/20 Troy
9/27 Minnesota
10/04 @ Wisconsin
10/11 Purdue
10/18 @ Michigan State
10/25 Penn State
11/08 @ Nortwestern
11/15 @ Illinois
11/22 Michigan

Outside of about 3-4 teams, this schedule is pretty pathetic.

OU_Sooners75
5/20/2008, 02:46 AM

BTW, your in Hutch?

I am in McPherson now.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 07:58 AM
OU vs. Georgia, but I'm not betting any nuts.

JLEW1818
5/20/2008, 12:00 PM
Yes I see the OSU schedule and guess what if they are ranked 1 or 2 and beat USC there going to stay 1 or 2 the whole year, it they win out.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 12:11 PM
Yes I see the OSU schedule and guess what if they are ranked 1 or 2 and beat USC there going to stay 1 or 2 the whole year, it they win out.

I can't see them going to Cali and winning. Just not going to happen. I believe it will be close, but the ain't win'n.

JLEW1818
5/20/2008, 12:14 PM
Oh I agree I think they will lose, but in that case if they did win and were ranked number 1, and won out, they would stay number 1 the entire season.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 12:20 PM
Oh I agree I think they will lose, but in that case if they did win and were ranked number 1, and won out, they would stay number 1 the entire season.

Agree.

I think it will end up like this. I would like to see Georgia and OU, but the SEC is tough.

1. USC
2. OU
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Clemson
6. Mizzou
7. Florida
8. West Virginia
9. LSU
10. Va Tech

JLEW1818
5/20/2008, 12:22 PM
Your top 5 are identical to mine!

badger
5/20/2008, 12:24 PM

Kansas had a better record that most teams clammoring for a title shot, yet was relegated to "out of the national title picture." THAT, friends, is a severe drop, considering the circumstances. We all know Mizzou deserved the Orange Bowl more than Kansas, but was screwed by politicking for ticket sales. "Mizzou, will you guarantee a set number of ticket sales? No, ok then, I'm talking to your rival that you just beat... yes, Kansas. Hello, Kansas? You'll guarantee a large number of tickets sales? SOLD! Have fun in the Cotton Bowl, Tigers."

That once nearly happened to OU in 2003, but we had a solid season up to that point. If we had a Kansas-like season, we would have been in a different bowl, not the title game Sugar Bowl. If we were left out of the Sugar Bowl after one loss like Kansas was left out of the national title game after one loss, wouldn't you consider that a huge drop?

OU_Sooners75
5/21/2008, 02:05 AM
Kansas had a better record that most teams clammoring for a title shot, yet was relegated to "out of the national title picture." THAT, friends, is a severe drop, considering the circumstances. We all know Mizzou deserved the Orange Bowl more than Kansas, but was screwed by politicking for ticket sales. "Mizzou, will you guarantee a set number of ticket sales? No, ok then, I'm talking to your rival that you just beat... yes, Kansas. Hello, Kansas? You'll guarantee a large number of tickets sales? SOLD! Have fun in the Cotton Bowl, Tigers."

That once nearly happened to OU in 2003, but we had a solid season up to that point. If we had a Kansas-like season, we would have been in a different bowl, not the title game Sugar Bowl. If we were left out of the Sugar Bowl after one loss like Kansas was left out of the national title game after one loss, wouldn't you consider that a huge drop?

1. I was not talking about politicking or ticket sales.
2. I was talking about how the polls usually work.

Obviously you are missing the point.

It is usually pretty common when a team loses, they generally drop about 5-6 spots. This is what happened to Kansas. It was not like they dropped 10-15 spots. That would be a severe drop in the rankings.

OU_Sooners75
5/21/2008, 02:07 AM
This is how I see it panning out...

1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State
5. West Virginia
6. Virginia Tech
7. Auburn
8. Clemson
9. Florida
10. Texas

JLEW1818
5/21/2008, 02:12 AM
This is how I see it panning out...

1. Oklahoma
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State
5. West Virginia
6. Virginia Tech
7. Auburn
8. Clemson
9. Florida
10. Texas

So only 2 big 12 teams in the top ten ??? I highly doubt that.

OU_Sooners75
5/21/2008, 02:19 AM
So only 2 big 12 teams in the top ten ??? I highly doubt that.

Glad you highly doubt it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2007
4 Big 12 teams in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2006
ZERO Big 12 teams in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2005
1 Big 12 team in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2004
2 Big 12 teams in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2003

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2002
3 Big 12 teams in the top 10.

Since 2002, there has been an average of 1.833 Big 12 teams finish inside the top 10. Saying only two is a very safe bet.

I think Missouri is capable of finishing in the top 10. However, I don't think they can replicate or improve on last season.

OU_Sooners75
5/21/2008, 02:21 AM
Since I cannot seem to edit my post.
I think we finish with at least 2. OU and Texas. I think as many as four can finish in the top 10. But I do not see it happening two seasons in a row.

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 08:02 AM
Texas will have a good O-line this year and the have McCoy, but I don't see anything else on offense that scares me. Until they have a proven reciever or two and a running back then I can't them in the top 10. It wouldn't surprise me if they have 4 losses. I think if there is anybody who will be in the top 10 with OU it will be Mizzou.

Collier11
5/21/2008, 09:46 AM
good o-line at ut?

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 11:43 AM
I believe that will be the best part of there offense this year and they've had few good lineman come out since sMack Brown has been there.

JLEW1818
5/22/2008, 01:34 AM
Glad you highly doubt it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2007
4 Big 12 teams in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2006
ZERO Big 12 teams in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2005

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2004
2 Big 12 teams in the top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2003

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?seasonYear=2002
3 Big 12 teams in the top 10.

Since 2002, there has been an average of 1.833 Big 12 teams finish inside the top 10. Saying only two is a very safe bet.

I think Missouri is capable of finishing in the top 10. However, I don't think they can replicate or improve on last season.

Ya I just see at least 2 teams in the final top ten. prlly 3