PDA

View Full Version : Undershirts

royalfan5
5/14/2008, 02:43 PM
Is there a proper type to wear under dress shirts? I've always just worn A-shirts, but never really questioned if that was what you were supposed to wear.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 02:48 PM
I wear regular t's but what do I know

AllAboutThe'O'
5/14/2008, 02:59 PM
I really don't like plain white T-shirts but I have a couple in case I wear a white polo or something. The rest of the time, I wear T-shirts with stuff on them whether I put on polos, dress shirts or not.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 03:01 PM
You got to have some T-shirts though. Some dress shirts are pretty thin, and anything on a shirt underneath it would be visible. A-Shirts are acceptable so long as they have crew neck collars, not V neck ones

Fraggle145
5/14/2008, 03:29 PM
IMHO white V-neck undershirts work best for dress shirts, and you dont have your tacky white collar sticking out when you take your tie off and unbutton your collar.

EDIT: and chicks look sexy when they are wearing them... Particularly if it is yours.

mdklatt
5/14/2008, 03:31 PM
IMHO white V-neck undershirts work best for dress shirts, and you dont have your tacky white collar sticking out when you take your tie off and unbutton your collar.

Plus, that way you can show your gold chain and chest hair, Guido.

Fraggle145
5/14/2008, 03:41 PM
Plus, that way you can show your gold chain and chest hair, Guido.

:eek:

http://sixers4guidos.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/abbronzatura.jpg

C&CDean
5/14/2008, 03:50 PM
WTF is an "A shirt?"

And why do all the kids wear a t-shirt under their t-shirt? What's the point?

royalfan5
5/14/2008, 03:52 PM
WTF is an "A shirt?"

And why do all the kids wear a t-shirt under their t-shirt? What's the point?
also known as a wife beater.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 03:55 PM

EDIT: and chicks look sexy when they are wearing them... Particularly if it is yours.

I like the white collar sticking out when I unbutton my shirt. I think it looks better than having my chest hair showing. Just my opinion though.

C&CDean
5/14/2008, 03:56 PM
OH. Well wifebeaters under a white dress shirt are gay. Wifebeaters without an overshirt are redneck. A 3-x size guy wearing an L wifebeater is ****ing gross.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 03:58 PM
OH. Well wifebeaters under a white dress shirt are gay. Wifebeaters without an overshirt are redneck. A 3-x size guy wearing an L wifebeater is ****ing gross.

Again, I think as long as you are sporting the crew collar instead of the V you can pull it off under a dress shirt

StoopTroup
5/14/2008, 04:00 PM
WWTD wear?

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/incredible-hulk-FL-01.jpg

C&CDean
5/14/2008, 04:01 PM
Again, I think as long as you are sporting the crew collar instead of the V you can pull it off under a dress shirt

Crew collar t-shirts are not wifebeaters. V-neck t-shirts are almost as gay as a wifebeater under a dress shirt.

I always wear a crew collar (you know, a regular white t-shirt?) under my dress shirts. As it should be.

sooneron
5/14/2008, 04:05 PM
If you take your jacket off a lot whilst wearing a white dress shirt, it is suggested to wear a slightly darker color- like the heather gray shirts. You have no distinguishable undershirt when you can see through the dress shirt.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 04:11 PM
Crew collar t-shirts are not wifebeaters. V-neck t-shirts are almost as gay as a wifebeater under a dress shirt.

I always wear a crew collar (you know, a regular white t-shirt?) under my dress shirts. As it should be.

Hey, same here man.

I used to wear the T-shirt under the T-shirt BTW, I just liked having a different color collar showing. Don't do it anymore, course I hardly ever rock t-shirts in public anymore either.

NormanPride
5/14/2008, 04:33 PM
I miss wearing t-shirts... :(

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 04:38 PM
I miss wearing t-shirts... :(

Eh, I don't. I do miss my facial hair :(

stoops the eternal pimp
5/14/2008, 04:48 PM
That why I wear this to formal events....2 birds with 1 stone

http://www.zymetrical.com/images/products/tuxedoshirt.jpg

JohnnyMack
5/14/2008, 04:50 PM

V necks are fine if you're wearing a tie. Makes it a bit more comfortable. You big homo.

Chuck Bao
5/14/2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah, same here. I don't want my nipple rings to be seen through the dress shirt.

My Opinion Matters
5/14/2008, 06:28 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2663/hasselhoffdavidphotoxlddo8.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hasselhoffdavidphotoxlddo8.jpg)

The Hoff scoffs at your silly notion of wearing any kind of shirt to work.

Rogue
5/14/2008, 08:27 PM
If you take your jacket off a lot whilst wearing a white dress shirt, it is suggested to wear a slightly darker color- like the heather gray shirts. You have no distinguishable undershirt when you can see through the dress shirt.

Are you saying wear a gray t-shirt under a white dress shirt if I take my jacket off? Or wear a dress shirt of any color except white and wear a white t shirt?

VeeJay
5/14/2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.askuncleralph.com/Jen.jpg

JohnnyMack
5/14/2008, 09:59 PM
Are you saying wear a gray t-shirt under a white dress shirt if I take my jacket off? Or wear a dress shirt of any color except white and wear a white t shirt?

Don't listen to him. He's a complete and total moron. Or he's drunk again. Or both.

SoonerJack
5/15/2008, 08:11 AM
I believe the formal designation is:

-Black ACDC w/cannon for formal occasions such as court appearances and mullet trimmings

-any Van Halen tour for informal occasions such as softball games

-Led Zeppelin for business casual, like when you want to impress your boss.