PDA

View Full Version : Let's rev up the Oil industry, y'all

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/14/2008, 12:54 AM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26479 Cal Thomas is a sharp guy. Pretty common sense stuff, that politicians ought to heed.

sooner n houston
5/14/2008, 07:21 AM
Good article!

mdklatt
5/14/2008, 09:50 AM
We ultimately need to use less oil, not make more oil available for use.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/14/2008, 10:13 AM
We ultimately need to use less oil, AND make more oil available for use.The former is a good idea. The latter is essential to worldwide economic health.

mdklatt
5/14/2008, 10:18 AM
The former is a good idea. The latter is essential to worldwide economic health.

WE'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF OIL! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

soonerbrat
5/14/2008, 11:05 AM
fine with me...i'd love another big bonus this year.

CORNholio
5/14/2008, 11:26 AM
Agreed. Fact is we use alot of oil and will for a long time. Why not try to buy as much of it as possible from our fellow americans who pay taxes here than to buy it from people who hate us and will spend our money against us in the end. And the myth that big oil does not want to find alternative energy is crazy. They are "energy" companies that want to sell energy what ever that may be in the future. Did AT&T decide to give up when the cell phone replaced the home phone for most people. No they changed their game plan as will big oil when a viable alternative becomes available.

We may not be able to keep all of our oil dollars here in the US but we should try to keep as much of it as possible.

Fugue
5/14/2008, 11:35 AM
fine with me...i'd love another big bonus this year.

Bartender, a bottle of Wild Turkey for brat and a deck of cards for me.

:eddie:

soonerbrat
5/14/2008, 11:36 AM
Can ya make it Grey Goose instead?

Chuck Bao
5/14/2008, 11:39 AM
Some people back home are saying that Chesapeake is going to be drilling a lot of new wells in Southern Oklahoma. I hope that's right.

If any of the Chesapeake people are reading. Marshall county would be good. West of Madill, even better.

soonerinabilene
5/14/2008, 11:45 AM
From one of the comments in that article:

In dealing with small children, one should NEVER ask, "What would you like for breakfast?" cause you'll be there all day, trust me. Instead, a parent gives the child two options. This allows the child to feel empowered, while the parent has steered the outcome. I say this same tactic should be applied to the rabidly Green Americans. We can either drill for oil everywhere possible, with sensible safeguards, as decided by sensible folks...or we go back to whaling. Because whales have oil in them; I saw it on Discovery Channel. This should settle the controversy quickly.

heh.

soonerbrat
5/14/2008, 11:48 AM
Some people back home are saying that Chesapeake is going to be drilling a lot of new wells in Southern Oklahoma. I hope that's right.

If any of the Chesapeake people are reading. Marshall county would be good. West of Madill, even better.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/chesapeake2-1.jpg

Fugue
5/14/2008, 11:49 AM
Can ya make it Grey Goose instead?

soonerbruce,
Anything for you and your big bonuses. :D

soonerbrat
5/14/2008, 11:50 AM
if i drink Patron instead will you stop calling me Bruce?

Fugue
5/14/2008, 11:54 AM
if i drink Patron instead will you stop calling me Bruce?

si

supa

Chuck Bao
5/14/2008, 12:02 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/chesapeake2-1.jpg

Well D'oh! Oil companies do that. They've always done that. They can do whatever in the hell they want. They can go on your land if they want to. They can pay you when they want to. Nine months later I'm still waiting on a check and complaining about it is not going to help.

I appreciate that sign and at the same time I want to say: NooB!