PDA

View Full Version : Lemme get this Democrat thing straight!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/14/2008, 12:23 AM
Obama wins only one primary since February. He also lost in Fla and Michigan, but those states don't count...yet. The only states he has won are those with a high number of black voters. Blacks make up what, 15% of the population? It stands to reason that Hillary would do better in the general election than Obama....Yet, the DEMOCRATS WANT TO HURRY UP AND NAME OBAMA AS THEIR CANDIDATE?!?!? Dems, splain this please.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/14/2008, 12:58 AM
They really should limit you to 5 new threads a month :P

5/14/2008, 01:01 AM
They really should limit you to 5 new threads a month :Pvery enlightening!

Frozen Sooner
5/14/2008, 01:04 AM
Since he can't count to four (the actual number of primaries Obama has won since February) why would you think he could count to five?

Frozen Sooner
5/14/2008, 01:07 AM
By the way, those four primaries?

March 4-Vermont-HUGE black population there, you know.
March 8-Wyoming-another state noted for their large black population
March 11-Mississippi
May 6-North Carolina

Obama also won a caucus in Texas during this time period, which has a dual caucus and primary system. As a result of his win in the Texas caucus and good showing in the primary, Obama received more delegates from Texas than Clinton.

5/14/2008, 01:12 AM
Since he can't count to four (the actual number of primaries Obama has won since February) why would you think he could count to five?Apologies if I'm wrong on that number. What about the rest of the items? Look, I'm not saying a democrat won't win the presidency. I just can't understand why the democrat party and the pundits think Obama has a better chance than Hillary, with all the things that have been happening in recent weeks.

Frozen Sooner
5/14/2008, 01:18 AM
What other points? You claimed that Obama has only won one primary since February. That was false. You claimed that Obama has only won in states with high proportions of black voters. That's also false. Being that both assumptions you made to make your argument are provably false, there's really not much else to dismiss there.

Frozen Sooner
5/14/2008, 01:22 AM
Here's some other states that Obama has won, by the way:

Alaska
Idaho
Iowa
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Kansas
North Dakota
Utah
Nebraska
Hawaii
Wisconsin

Now, I don't know about you, but none of these states scream "large black population" to me.

You can debate how many of these states are likely to be in play come Election Day, of course, but I do know for a fact that Obama trails McCain by only a couple of points in Alaska-a state that hasn't gone Democratic since Johnson. Clinton, on the other hand, trails McCain by double digits.

5/14/2008, 01:31 AM
What other points? You claimed that Obama has only won one primary since February. That was false. You claimed that Obama has only won in states with high proportions of black voters. That's also false. Being that both assumptions you made to make your argument are provably false, there's really not much else to dismiss there.I guess you think Obama would do better than Hillary. Now you can answer my original question of why you think he would do better in the general election.(I didn't elaborate on the most important stuff, the Rev Wright and Obama's association with the domestic terrorists, the Weathermen) The media has poo-poohed those associations, but the cat's out of the bag, for the populace to ponder, thanks to Hillary.

Don't worry, Mike, one of your leftists will win the presidency, since McCain is so weak, and Barr is now in the race. I just think Hillary would be "better" than Obama on national defense. The other stuff, it's a push.

def_lazer_fc
5/14/2008, 01:38 AM
im not sure what RLIMC is trying to get out of this thread, especially since the thread starter was nothing but BS he didn't bother to actually fact check. :confused:

Frozen Sooner
5/14/2008, 01:38 AM
You didn't ask that question. You asked why, given two points which were proven false, Democrats wanted Obama to win the nomination. Since your two points were false, there was no question to answer.

However, since you've now asked a question that doesn't depend on falsehoods being true, I'll answer it.

I think he'd do better in the general election because I think there's a much larger proportion of the population that would vote for anyone but Hillary than are particularly upset by the Reverend Wright hullaballoo.

I think he'd do better in the general election because at last count, he was leading in the popular vote over Clinton.

I think he'd do better in the general election because he's won more pledged delegates (1599 to 1440) and more primaries and caucuses (32 vs. 16) than Clinton.

I think he'd do better in the general election because he's shown himself to be a better fundraiser than Clinton with a much lower average donation size.

You really think Barr is going to poll enough numbers anywhere to pull Electoral votes from McCain?

def_lazer_fc
5/14/2008, 01:41 AM
nice post, but you didn't address ANY of rush limbaugh's non-thought out talking points in that. :D :D

5/14/2008, 01:47 AM
There's lots of time left for major changes, and I'm counting on Lady Hillary to tell us more about Obama.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/14/2008, 01:48 AM
Did you know that Obama is the #3 man in Al Qaeda and if he has his way all women will have to wear burquas(except Ann Coulter who has an Adam's Apple_

olevetonahill
5/14/2008, 02:24 AM
Did you know that Obama is the #3 man in Al Qaeda and if he has his way all women will have to wear burquas(except Ann Coulter who has an Adam's Apple_

You forgot that After the lection . His Old lady will be required to wear a tow sack Over her head

VeeJay
5/14/2008, 02:39 AM
Yeah, that Michelle Obama, as a wife of a Muslim or Muslim Lite, is destined as a wife of servitude, beatings, all that stuff we've heard about Muslims.

That hospital administrator's job she has? She'll be outta there, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Hey, at least we'll save money as taxpayers when the Obama family takes over the White House.

leavingthezoo
5/14/2008, 12:18 PM
Rush, sometimes your arguments are so baseless and off the mark it makes me wonder if you pee in your face a lot. :P

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 12:24 PM
(I didn't elaborate on the most important stuff, the Rev Wright and Obama's association with the domestic terrorists, the Weathermen) The media has poo-poohed those associations, but the cat's out of the bag, for the populace to ponder, thanks to Hillary.

Reverend Rod Parsley

P.S. Obama wasn't on the ballot in :meat: :chicken:

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 12:26 PM
And you ever going to say who you want on the GOP ticket? George H.W. Bush? Ronald Reagan? George W. Bush? William Howard Taft?

soonerinabilene
5/14/2008, 12:31 PM

I heard he was part of the Kasey Studdard recruitment class at Texas.

Scott D
5/14/2008, 12:33 PM
I like how RLimC is drawn in by Hillary celebrating winning WVa's 4 delegates like she won all of California's delegates.

5/14/2008, 12:36 PM
Rush, sometimes your arguments are so baseless and off the mark it makes me wonder if you pee in your face a lot. :PYou need to pay more attention, girl.(hint: if a republican had consorted for over 20 years with a racist, America-hating preacher, and it was pointed out, how much political life would he/she have left?)

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 12:43 PM
You need to pay more attention, girl.(hint: if a republican had consorted for over 20 years with a racist, America-hating preacher, and it was pointed out, how much political life would he/she have left?)

I don't know, if a Republican consorted for over 20 years with a racist, war-mongering preacher, and it gets pointed out, how much political life would he/she have left?

Scott D
5/14/2008, 12:53 PM
Strom Thurmond seemed to have an extensive political career.

soonerinabilene
5/14/2008, 12:55 PM
You need to pay more attention, girl.(hint: if a republican had consorted for over 20 years with a racist, America-hating preacher, and it was pointed out, how much political life would he/she have left?)

Alright, I try not to say anything serious in a politcal thread, but Ive got to respond to this.

Let me preface this by saying I am a republican. I will vote for John McCain because he is the republican nominee, and I would rather have him as the president than Obama or Clinton.

I am sick of people saying they are against Obama because his preacher made some stupid statements. That is not a reason to say you will not vote for him as president. He has come out and said that he does not agree with what the Rev.said, and that is all he can do. The conspiracy theorists have made a big deal out of it to try to scare people into thinking he is a racist, terrorist, muslim(who goes to a CHRISTIAN church), unpatriotic(because he doesnt wear a flag on his suit, or put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem, which I dont either because IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE).

If you are against Obama, give valid reasons, not scare tactics. Say you are against him because he is too liberal for your taste. Because he doesnt have the same beliefs that you do when it comes to immigration, taxes, health care, big government. Because you have more faith in a Commander in Chief that has a career's worth of knowledge when it comes to military affairs. But dont do it because he knows a guy that is bat sh*t crazy. Everybody knows a guy that is bat sh*t crazy.

5/14/2008, 12:59 PM
Alright, I try not to say anything serious in a politcal thread, but Ive got to respond to this.

Let me preface this by saying I am a republican. I will vote for John McCain because he is the republican nominee, and I would rather have him as the president than Obama or Clinton.

I am sick of people saying they are against Obama because his preacher made some stupid statements. That is not a reason to say you will not vote for him as president. He has come out and said that he does not agree with what the Rev.said, and that is all he can do. The conspiracy theorists have made a big deal out of it to try to scare people into thinking he is a racist, terrorist, muslim(who goes to a CHRISTIAN church), unpatriotic(because he doesnt wear a flag on his suit, or put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem, which I dont either because IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE).

If you are against Obama, give valid reasons, not scare tactics. Say you are against him because he is too liberal for your taste. Because he doesnt have the same beliefs that you do when it comes to immigration, taxes, health care, big government. Because you have more faith in a Commander in Chief that has a career's worth of knowledge when it comes to military affairs. But dont do it because he knows a guy that is bat sh*t crazy. Everybody knows a guy that is bat sh*t crazy.I hope you're not addressing me. I am against Obama for the same reasons you are, and I don't believe for a minute that he has a love for the United States and its laws and customs that a sane person would require from a leader of our country.

soonerscuba
5/14/2008, 01:07 PM
I hope you're not addressing me. I am against Obama for the same reasons you are, and I don't believe for a minute that he has a love for the United States and its laws and customs that a sane person would require from a leader of our country.
He is, and you, once again, reinforce his point. How do you not get this?

5/14/2008, 01:10 PM
He is, and you, once again, reinforce his point. How do you not get this?haha. I agree with him, except the part about giving Obama a pass on his association with anti-American and racist folks. How do you not get this?

soonerscuba
5/14/2008, 01:22 PM
haha. I agree with him, except the part about giving Obama a pass on his association with anti-American and racist folks. How do you not get this?
So you are saying that you totally agree with him that disagreement about the nature of government is your primary beef with Obama, but those pants of yours just engorge like a hummingbird with the newest soundbyte on Rush, and you just can't wait to tell all of us about how Obama doesn't cry when the 9/11 remix of Lee Greenwood's awful song comes on the AM radio in flyover country?

If he is getting a pass why is there not a day that goes by in which it isn't featured on an editorial in "liberal" rags nationwide?

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 01:23 PM
I must be on someone's ignore list, hooray me!

5/14/2008, 01:31 PM
So you are saying that you totally agree with him that disagreement about the nature of government is your primary beef with Obama, but those pants of yours just engorge like a hummingbird with the newest soundbyte on Rush, and you just can't wait to tell all of us about how Obama doesn't cry when the 9/11 remix of David Greenwood's awful song comes on the AM radio in flyover country?

If he is getting a pass why is there not a day that goes by in which it isn't featured on an editorial in "liberal" rags nationwide?Uh huh.

soonerinabilene
5/14/2008, 01:31 PM
I hope you're not addressing me. I am against Obama for the same reasons you are, and I don't believe for a minute that he has a love for the United States and its laws and customs that a sane person would require from a leader of our country.

Rush, I am addressing this statement by you:

Now, you may not have meant it how I took it, but to me that sounds like it is one of your big problems with him, and it is a big issue with a lot of people that are, for lack of a better word, ignorant. Other posters besides you have made similar comments, and seem to have that as their main reason for not wanting to vote for the guy, and I disagree with using that as the basis for an arguement against him.

As far as him not loving the United States, I pose this question. WTF? He is a congressman that is trying to become President, and you doubt his love for the country? Just because he believes different stuff than you and me does not make him less patriotic, and does not mean that he doesnt love this country. Considering where he and his family came from, and the life he has made for himself here, I would say he probably has a love for this country that is greater than a majority of people.

soonerscuba
5/14/2008, 01:32 PM
Uh huh.
Fair enough, at least you're honest.

5/14/2008, 01:36 PM

Now, you may not have meant it how I took it, but to me that sounds like it is one of your big problems with him, and it is a big issue with a lot of people that are, for lack of a better word, ignorant. Other posters besides you have made similar comments, and seem to have that as their main reason for not wanting to vote for the guy, and I disagree with using that as the basis for an arguement against him.

As far as him not loving the United States, I pose this question. WTF? He is a congressman that is trying to become President, and you doubt his love for the country? Just because he believes different stuff than you and me does not make him less patriotic, and does not mean that he doesnt love this country. Considering where he and his family came from, and the life he has made for himself here, I would say he probably has a love for this country that is greater than a majority of people.I guess we just disagree on the perceived love. I prolly won't vote for him. How much do you think most of the leftist politicians love our still great, but troubled country, anyway?

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 01:38 PM

As far as him not loving the United States, I pose this question. WTF? He is a congressman that is trying to become President, and you doubt his love for the country? Just because he believes different stuff than you and me does not make him less patriotic, and does not mean that he doesnt love this country. Considering where he and his family came from, and the life he has made for himself here, I would say he probably has a love for this country that is greater than a majority of people.

Some people don't like Obama because he is to liberal for them. That is fine. Some people don't like him because he is a greenhorn, also fine.

Then there are people who don't like him because of Rev Wright, some obscure connection to the weather underground, and because he is a secret Muslim operative. Stop dancing around this crap. What you are saying is you don't like him cause he is black. But you can't come out and say you don't like him cause he's black, otherwise you are labeled a racist.

Obama is no "scarier" than any other donk except for the color of his skin.So stop hiding behind Rev Wright and say what you mean, you won't vote for a black man.

JohnnyMack
5/14/2008, 01:53 PM
So you are saying that you totally agree with him that disagreement about the nature of government is your primary beef with Obama, but those pants of yours just engorge like a hummingbird with the newest soundbyte on Rush, and you just can't wait to tell all of us about how Obama doesn't cry when the 9/11 remix of David Greenwood's awful song comes on the AM radio in flyover country?

If he is getting a pass why is there not a day that goes by in which it isn't featured on an editorial in "liberal" rags nationwide?

It's Lee Greenwood.

You commie.

royalfan5
5/14/2008, 02:06 PM
It's Lee Greenwood.

You commie.

They brought him out to sing that song at the NU 2006 football home opener. It should have been a sign about our athletic administration.

leavingthezoo
5/14/2008, 02:28 PM

is this a trick question? hmmm. let me ask McCain who is proud of an endorsement from a man who thinks it's cute to bring slavery back to America in a mock slave sale at his church. oh, and wait... the same guy who might not hate all of America but thinks certain areas were simply gifted with vengeance from God as punishment. i'm not quite sure how you paint the two pictures with such different strokes, but to me (possibly because i DO pay attention) these statements seem very similar. why are you not bothered equally here?

i don't have a problem with you saying ignorant things. i don't even take issue with you refusing to vote for a man because of another mans words. that's your right. but don't feign surprise when someone disagrees with your faulty logic.

of course, i might just be PMS'ing. which, according to the bigot we don't take issue with, means i'm one step below a terrorist because you can negotiate with a terrorist.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 02:31 PM
is this a trick question? hmmm. let me ask McCain who is proud of an endorsement from a man who thinks it's cute to bring slavery back to America in a mock slave sale at his church. oh, and wait... the same guy who might not hate all of America but thinks certain areas were simply gifted with vengeance from God as punishment. i'm not quite sure how you paint the two pictures with such different strokes, but to me (possibly because i DO pay attention) these statements seem very similar. why are you not bothered equally here?

i don't have a problem with you saying ignorant things. i don't even take issue with you refusing to vote for a man because of another mans words. that's your right. but don't feign surprise when someone disagrees with your faulty logic.

of course, i might just be PMS'ing. which, according to the bigot we don't take issue with, means i'm one step below a terrorist because you can negotiate with a terrorist.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

And I'm the one on the ignore list? :P :D

leavingthezoo
5/14/2008, 02:40 PM
wonder what that sooner_havok guy is saying...

:D

soonerinabilene
5/14/2008, 02:48 PM
I guess we just disagree on the perceived love. I prolly won't vote for him. How much do you think most of the leftist politicians love our still great, but troubled country, anyway?

I think most of them wouldnt be a politician if they didnt love our country. Just because they are a leftist doesnt mean they dont love our country, it just means they are a little flawed.;) :D

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 02:55 PM

Screw you guys, I'm going.... nowhere. I got no where else to go :(

:D :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/14/2008, 03:17 PM
White Preacher that never served his country talking about God raining justice down on American Citizens in New Orleans equals lovely endorsement.

Black Preacher that was a Marine and served with honor implying that America's arrogance and prejudice contributed to the disaster of 9/11 equals horrible anti-American endorsement?

Let's face it, I don't look at religious leaders for my political leadership

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 03:23 PM
White Preacher that never served his country talking about God raining justice down on American Citizens in New Orleans equals lovely endorsement.

Black Preacher that was a Marine and served with honor implying that America's arrogance and prejudice contributed to the disaster of 9/11 equals horrible anti-American endorsement?

nor should you

JohnnyMack
5/14/2008, 03:36 PM

Heh.

Nice.

achiro
5/14/2008, 03:56 PM
Heh.

Nice.

Yeah except that it leaves out MOST of the rest of the story.:rolleyes: Soundbytes to fit your agenda, I thought you dims were against that.;) :D

JohnnyMack
5/14/2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah except that it leaves out MOST of the rest of the story.:rolleyes: Soundbytes to fit your agenda, I thought you dims were against that.;) :D

I just laughed a message board post d00d. :P

Scott D
5/14/2008, 04:07 PM

rule one in partisan politics (hell politics in general)

Nobody wants 'MOST of the rest of the story' they want Soundbytes. Soundbytes are cute, soundbytes are your friend. Soundbytes allow you to parlay a career out of people's fears both real and imagined.

rule two which is slightly less adhered to by the populace is

Anybody who is willing to spend any amount of time convincing people to vote for them, is not deserving of any public office.

NormanPride
5/14/2008, 04:58 PM
As a rule, nobody who wants power deserves it.

5/14/2008, 05:47 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad:Ever the joyous lefty! Don't hold it in, girl!

5/14/2008, 05:49 PM

:DI dunno. You can tell us if you want.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 06:02 PM
you smell funny

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 06:22 PM
I dunno. You can tell us if you want.

and Rush Limbaugh is overweight, like 65% of the American population

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 06:30 PM
and he has a hearing problem

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/14/2008, 06:35 PM
And boils on his anus that made it where he was unable to serve in Vietnam ;)

birddog
5/14/2008, 07:33 PM
And boils on his anus that made it where he was unable to serve in Vietnam ;)

i think that's what the thousands of pain pills were for.

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 07:38 PM
i think that's what the thousands of pain pills were for.

Boils on loan from god!:D

GottaHavePride
5/14/2008, 07:48 PM
I think most of them wouldnt be a politician if they didnt love being in charge of ****. Just because they are a leftist doesnt mean they dont love being called Mr. President and having an army of guys willing to be shot to protect them, it just means they are a little flawed.;) :D

Fixed.

Call me EXTREMELY cynical about ALL people that devote their careers to trying to be in positions of power over other people.

r5TPsooner
5/14/2008, 07:57 PM
haha. I agree with him, except the part about giving Obama a pass on his association with anti-American and racist folks. How do you not get this?

I guess I'm in the minority Rush as I think that Obama is a racist sack of sheet. If you're letting someone preach racism and hate to you for twenty years and not leaving during that time period, you must be buying into what he's preaching. To me, it would be no different than McCain going to a KKK meeting that just so happened to be located in a church and called a sermon.

If this was McCain or Hillary listening to a sermon on hating America & African-American's, they would have been toast a long time ago and the NAACP who have been out for blood.

I can't wait for the people who support Obama to see there 1st pay stub after he jacks your taxes up. Because middle class America is gonna get drilled when he's in office.

5/14/2008, 08:01 PM
I guess I'm in the minority Rush as I think that Obama is a racist sack of sheet. If you're letting someone preach racism and hate to you for twenty years and not leaving during that time period, you must be buying into what he's preaching. To me, it would be no different than McCain going to a KKK meeting that just so happened to be located in a church and called a sermon.

If this was McCain or Hillary listening to a sermon on hating America & African-American's, they would have been toast a long time ago and the NAACP who have been out for blood.

I can't wait for the people who support Obama to see there 1st pay stub after he jacks your taxes up. Because middle class America is gonna get drilled when he's in office.Painfully obvious! Either the left can't see it, or somehow just don't care.

olevetonahill
5/14/2008, 08:02 PM
Its all about Power
Plus the Money , why else would Hilairity loan her Campaign 5.5 Million

r5TPsooner
5/14/2008, 08:04 PM
Painfully obvious! Either the left can't see it, or somehow just don't care.

I think that liberals want the White House back so bad, that they'd sacrifice their 1st born to do it.

Curly Bill
5/14/2008, 08:15 PM

I have a problem with his connections to Rev. Wright because it shows a severe lack of judgement on his part, something that a President should probably possess in plentitude.... (This is really just code to say I won't vote for him because he's black) :rolleyes:

leavingthezoo
5/14/2008, 08:45 PM
Ever the joyous lefty! Don't hold it in, girl!

i am a joyous lefty. and a joyous righty. i'm ambidextrous. boy-eeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 09:17 PM
I have a problem with his connections to Rev. Wright because it shows a severe lack of judgement on his part, something that a President should probably possess in plentitude.... (This is really just code to say I won't vote for him because he's black) :rolleyes:

Right, and Pastor John Hagee's stance of exterminating the Muslims proves McCain is a stand up fellow.

Curly Bill
5/14/2008, 09:18 PM
Right, and Pastor John Hagee's stance of exterminating the Muslims proves McCain is a stand up fellow.

Muslims are the enemy! Pay attention will ya! :D

Sooner_Havok
5/14/2008, 09:26 PM
Muslims are the enemy! Pay attention will ya! :D

Must have missed that when :gary: broke into the news.

Rogue
5/14/2008, 09:35 PM
It's fascinating to me how non-Dems rank the Dems. Surprising sometimes.
Frankly, as a non-Republican, McCain is probably my favorite of the bunch.

JohnnyMack
5/14/2008, 10:08 PM

I can't wait for the people who support Obama to see there 1st pay stub after he jacks your taxes up. Because middle class America is gonna get drilled when he's in office.

Can you show me where he's hating America in his speeches? I know he spends times pointing out our Nation's faults, but when exactly does he hate on America?

def_lazer_fc
5/14/2008, 10:14 PM
Can you show me where he's hating America in his speeches? I know he spends times pointing out our Nation's faults, but when exactly does he hate on America?

he hates 'merica! end of story. derp! i bitch about a candidate's supposed lack of judgment, yet only vote for a guy who i perceive to be a good drinking buddy. derp!

texas bandman
5/14/2008, 11:03 PM
There's lots of time left for major changes, and I'm counting on Lady Hillary to tell us more about Obama.

Hill's gonna have to tone down her rhetoric if she wants to ever be a significant part of the Donk stampede. Look for a kinder gentler HRC the remainder of the campaign.

5/15/2008, 12:27 AM
Hill's gonna have to tone down her rhetoric if she wants to ever be a significant part of the Donk stampede. Look for a kinder gentler HRC the remainder of the campaign.I agree. I think she will prolly be as behind-the-scenes as possible with her continued focus on the racism and anti-Americanism of Obama, which seems to be working for her.

LosAngelesSooner
5/15/2008, 04:08 AM
I think that liberals want the White House back so bad, that they'd sacrifice their 1st born to do it.
Nah.

Dubya is doing that for them already over in Iraq. :pop:

r5TPsooner
5/15/2008, 08:55 AM
This message is hidden because LosAngelesSooner is on your ignore list.

I don't even have to look at the post to know that it's aimed at me. You need to get some help for your cyber-stalking issues as well.

Pricetag
5/15/2008, 12:04 PM
Criticism of America is America hating by definition. Didn't you get the memo? Love it or leave it! Whatever it is!

Sooner_Havok
5/15/2008, 12:10 PM
Criticism of America is America hating by definition. Didn't you get the memo? Love it or leave it! Whatever it is!

Well we don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee

Pricetag
5/15/2008, 12:12 PM
I bet their new mayor does.

Sooner_Havok
5/15/2008, 12:14 PM
Every time I hear those lyrics, I add "Bull ****" after them.

LosAngelesSooner
5/15/2008, 01:44 PM
cyber-stalking:rolleyes:

Fraggle145
5/15/2008, 02:11 PM
They took our jerbs!

Sooner_Havok
5/15/2008, 03:39 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=168561&title=indecision-2008-west-virginia

watch and be amazed at the people of West Virginia
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/havok0283/original.jpg

mdklatt
5/15/2008, 04:01 PM
West Virginia: Giving Oklahoma a state to look down on since 1907.

Scott D
5/15/2008, 04:18 PM
They took our jerbs!

good point. I'm going to begin getting a petition together to have INS start rounding up career politicians for taking our jobs and ruining our economy, not to mention lowering the property values all over the country.

Condescending Sooner
5/15/2008, 05:04 PM

I would think the part where he says God damn America would be hating. I also would think it would be obvious to anyone, even someone as blatently biased as you.

Condescending Sooner
5/15/2008, 05:06 PM

Once again I ask was McCain a member of his church for over 20 years and list him as a mentor? Please answer yes or no.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/15/2008, 05:12 PM
Yes he was...what do I win?

Condescending Sooner
5/15/2008, 05:21 PM
Yes he was...what do I win?

He was a member for 20 years and listed him as a mentor? That is not what everyone else has said.

Sooner_Havok
5/15/2008, 05:34 PM
He was a member for 20 years and listed him as a mentor? That is not what everyone else has said.

Thats cause no one else is talking about it

Sooner_Havok
5/15/2008, 05:42 PM
I would think the part where he says God damn America would be hating. I also would think it would be obvious to anyone, even someone as blatently biased as you.

Saying "God Damn America" is pretty harsh, but I myself can't condone everything this country has done. From the treatment of the indians to the Japanese concentration camps in WWII, this country has done some pretty bad things.

cause I know this or something similar is coming...

Well, the Spanish killed em first with the small pox, and beside, you got people strapping bombs to themselves and blowing innocent people up over in the middle east

Don't try to defend what is in our history against what others have done. I don't care who else had slaves, slavery is wrong. I don't care who else tried to commit genocide, it is still wrong, I don't care who else deprives their citizens of basic freedoms, it is still wrong. Just because you think what we did pails in comparison to what other have done or are doing doesn't make it any better. I guess what I am trying to say is that while some of the skeletons in our closet may not seem as bad as what other countries have done, that doesn't make them any less wrong.

leavingthezoo
5/15/2008, 05:54 PM
Once again I ask was McCain a member of his church for over 20 years and list him as a mentor? Please answer yes or no.

i get what you're trying to say... but really, are points of degree really the argument you guys want to run with as to why it's right to judge obama on association, and wrong to judge mccain on association? a male is a male whether he's been one for one day or 40 years. a bank robber is a robber whether he robs one bank or 50. an associate is an associate is an associate is an associate.

let's say it is valid to excuse one while accepting the other though. i guess. wouldn't it be more difficult to denounce a relationship of 20 years than it would be to denounce a supposed "brief" relationship with a one-time affiliation? doesn't that mean we at least know obama can do the difficult thing, whereas, McCain cannot in this circumstance?

personally, i think if anyone wants to be wary of obama because of his associations with wright, that is their business and for them, a valid reason. i'm just trying to understand why it's only felt so strongly in his direction when there are others reaping benefits from equally controversial figures. though i understand that association is of concern, time of association as a reason doesn't make sense to me. i'm trying to understand why it does to others.

Condescending Sooner
5/15/2008, 10:04 PM
If his association with him is no problem, and if Wrights comments weren't indefensible, why was Obama so quick to disassociate himself from both the comments and the preacher?

I went to a church once, and the preacher said some things I thought were a little nutty, so I never went back. Another thing I don't understand is, if I were half black and went to a church where the preacher talked about how bad black people were, I damn sure wouldn't go there for twenty freakin years.

Frozen Sooner
5/15/2008, 11:04 PM
http://lolcats4obama.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/shutmouth.jpg

texas bandman
5/15/2008, 11:18 PM
http://lolcats4obama.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/shutmouth.jpg

Shut up or I'll rip your ******' publican mouth off! :D