PDA

View Full Version : I Enjoy A Good Lover's Quarrel

VeeJay
5/12/2008, 07:15 PM
I'm holed up in an apartment complex in Hope Mills, NC (next to Fayetteville) for another six weeks or so, until my wife and daughter get here and we settle into a house on a cul-de-sac, with flowering Bradford pear trees, tall Sandhills pines, polite but stressed neighbors with one-point-two kids, trampolines, those basketball goals with the base filled with water, double car garage, and renewed suburban bliss.

In the meantime I'm entertained in my apartment complex by a mix of folks largely consisting of single non-custodial parents, recent college grads, divorcees unsure about their next effort in life, and slugs who seem content to swill case upon case of beer and let tomorrow come what may.

There's a recent female college grad from Ohio (with the token "Kerry Edwards" sticker still on her car) living above me who's taken up with a couple of recent UNC grads a few doors over. I don't care who's zoomin' who and really don't care. Alls I knows is a little while ago I heard shouting and looked out the window to see stuff flying out of the UNC grads apartment. Female stuff, if you will. Gal ran down the stairs and jumped into her Kerry/Edwards - bedecked car and hauled arse like a scalded dog.

Ahhh...the memories of me being involved in the same sort of tomfoolery many years ago...

OU4LIFE
5/13/2008, 07:22 AM
MMMMMM North Carolinian Tomfoolery [/Homer]

soonerboomer93
5/13/2008, 09:43 AM
would u hit it?

royalfan5
5/13/2008, 10:08 AM
There is nothing more entertaining than a lover's breakdown that doesn't involve you. I had a college roommate who would get dumped and lock himself in his dorm room and break stuff while blasting Hootie and the Blowfish as loud as his stereo would go. (this was in 2003, mind you) It was pretty awesome to experience that.

soonermix
5/13/2008, 10:26 AM
DRAMA

SoonerStormchaser
5/13/2008, 07:19 PM
That's why you all need to get married.

VeeJay
5/13/2008, 08:19 PM
would u hit it?

25 years ago....yah.

VeeJay
5/13/2008, 08:23 PM
MMMMMM North Carolinian Tomfoolery [/Homer]

Well, my tomfoolery has taken place in Mississippi, Virginia and Florida.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2008, 08:24 PM
There is nothing more entertaining than a lover's breakdown that doesn't involve you. I had a college roommate who would get dumped and lock himself in his dorm room and break stuff while blasting Hootie and the Blowfish as loud as his stereo would go. (this was in 2003, mind you) It was pretty awesome to experience that.

I resent the implication that I was once your roommate.

royalfan5
5/13/2008, 09:06 PM
I resent the implication that I was once your roommate.
coincidently that roommate is also on his 8th year of undergraduate studies. Do you have any relatives from Norfolk, NE?