PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr to FINISH THE JOB!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/12/2008, 05:20 PM
That the RINOS, Libs and left leaning Independents started, back in South Carolina, Florida and on Super Tuesday. He's officially in the presidential race, as a Libertarian. Sic 'em, Bob! Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot will be proud of ya.

Sooner_Havok
5/12/2008, 05:21 PM
I hate you!

:D

SoonerStormchaser
5/12/2008, 09:11 PM
http://img.snlarc.jt.org/arc/imptn/ChPa-Bob%20Barr.jpg Two words Chris: poisonous snakes. We have too many of them here, we should send some over there. It's time to put our poisonous snakes to use fighting the Chinese. Soon it will be "No more snakey...we give you plane back!"

SicEmBaylor
5/12/2008, 11:44 PM
That the RINOS, Libs and left leaning Independents started, back in South Carolina, Florida and on Super Tuesday. He's officially in the presidential race, as a Libertarian. Sic 'em, Bob! Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot will be proud of ya.

I couldn't contain my excitement when I found out Barr was running. If he makes it onto the ballot then the man has my vote.

King Crimson
5/12/2008, 11:54 PM
brian jonestown massacre: cold to the touch.

5/13/2008, 12:33 AM
I couldn't contain my excitement when I found out Barr was running. If he makes it onto the ballot then the man has my vote.I think you'll vote for him(or maybe Santa Claus, Madonna, The red Baron, etc,) no matter who's on the ballot.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2008, 01:46 AM
I think you'll vote for him(or maybe Santa Claus, Madonna, The red Baron, etc,) no matter who's on the ballot.

I'm not sure what your point is.

5/13/2008, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure what your point is.anybody but McCain, is the point.

swardboy
5/13/2008, 11:22 AM
You know, there was a point I could hold my nose and give my vote to McCain, but the man seems bent on ****ing me off. Yesterday he announces his pinhead decision to go whole hog on the global warming hoax like it's absolute truth....and don't no one debate him on the issue.

This could be a year that this dyed-in-the-wool conservative wastes his vote on a Bob Barr to make a point to the GOP....and Bobbie Jindal is the wings 2012. I mean, damn, why do these guys think they can convert libs by being like them?

mdklatt
5/13/2008, 12:46 PM
Yesterday he announces his pinhead decision to go whole hog on the global warming hoax like it's absolute truth

Ah, another flat-earther. Hold on tight, you're a dying breed.

5/13/2008, 01:09 PM
You know, there was a point I could hold my nose and give my vote to McCain, but the man seems bent on ****ing me off. Yesterday he announces his pinhead decision to go whole hog on the global warming hoax like it's absolute truth....and don't no one debate him on the issue.

This could be a year that this dyed-in-the-wool conservative wastes his vote on a Bob Barr to make a point to the GOP....and Bobbie Jindal is the wings 2012. I mean, damn, why do these guys think they can convert libs by being like them?Or, you could vote Obama or Hellery, whoever is there, like Sic'Em (and maybe me, too) is gonna do, to make sure a democrat wins.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2008, 02:46 PM
Or, you could vote Obama or Hellery, whoever is there, like Sic'Em (and maybe me, too) is gonna do, to make sure a democrat wins.

Honestly, what's the difference? I mean really....

And this is off subject, but if any of you want to see a VERY well done documentary on the absurdity of man-made global warming then check out "The Great Global Warming Swindle." It's a British documentary that aired on the BBC a couple of years ago. You can buy it from amazon.com and it counters the science, the cult, and the politics of man-made global warming.

My organization showed it at Baylor a few weeks ago, and a Baylor meteorology/geology professor did the intro to the film to update some of the charts, data, and put it into context. It was a really great event.

Great movie too. I'm not encouraging this by any means, but you can also find a torrent for it.

mdklatt
5/13/2008, 03:37 PM
And this is off subject, but if any of you want to see a VERY well done documentary on the absurdity of man-made global warming then check out "The Great Global Warming Swindle."

Debunking that piece of nonsense has become a cottage industry. The only legitimate experts in that little bit fiction have threatened lawsuits against the producer (no stranger of judgments against him for making **** up) for misrepresenting their positions.

My organization showed it at Baylor a few weeks ago, and a Baylor meteorology/geology professor did the intro to the film to update some of the charts, data, and put it into context.

Yeah, I have even less faith in the Baylor "geoscience department" than I did the first time you brought this up. I'm guessing this guy began life as a petroleum geologist and picked up some meteorology along the way. Petroleum geologists are the worst denialists because they know just enough relevant science (or at least think they do) to be dangerous, and they're in the pocket of the industry that stands to lose the most.

By all means, go and ahead and throw in your hat with the various minions of the fossil fuel PR campaign. You'll find all the standard denialist talking points on the web sites of the Heartland Institute and CEI, "think tanks" that are merely shills for industries for which science is the enemy. In the 90s their biggest benefactors were the tobacco industry. Common sense finally prevailed among the masses--Putting hot toxic gas in your lungs might be bad for you??--and that source of money dried up, so now they're selling they're services to fossil fuel companies. They use the very same tactics (lying their asses off for the most part) to "debunk" AGW as they did on behalf of tobacco. In many cases, guys who used to be experts on tobacco are now miraculously experts on climate. Guys with economic and marketing degress. I know those are the first people I turn to do when I want expert opinions about atmospheric radiative transfer models.

When 4 out of 5 dentists agree about something, you'd listen to that 5th dentist wouldn't you?

stoopified
5/13/2008, 03:38 PM
Or, you could vote Obama or Hellery, whoever is there, like Sic'Em (and maybe me, too) is gonna do, to make sure a democrat wins.Vote for Obama or Hillary....IF you want to flush the USA down the toilet.

mdklatt
5/13/2008, 03:51 PM
Is it just me or does Bob Barr look like he's passing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_(racial_identity))?

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2008, 04:48 PM
Debunking that piece of nonsense has become a cottage industry. The only legitimate experts in that little bit fiction have threatened lawsuits against the producer (no stranger of judgments against him for making **** up) for misrepresenting their positions.

Yeah, I have even less faith in the Baylor "geoscience department" than I did the first time you brought this up. I'm guessing this guy began life as a petroleum geologist and picked up some meteorology along the way. Petroleum geologists are the worst denialists because they know just enough relevant science (or at least think they do) to be dangerous, and they're in the pocket of the industry that stands to lose the most.

By all means, go and ahead and throw in your hat with the various minions of the fossil fuel PR campaign. You'll find all the standard denialist talking points on the web sites of the Heartland Institute and CEI, "think tanks" that are merely shills for industries for which science is the enemy. In the 90s their biggest benefactors were the tobacco industry. Common sense finally prevailed among the masses--Putting hot toxic gas in your lungs might be bad for you??--and that source of money dried up, so now they're selling they're services to fossil fuel companies. They use the very same tactics (lying their asses off for the most part) to "debunk" AGW as they did on behalf of tobacco. In many cases, guys who used to be experts on tobacco are now miraculously experts on climate. Guys with economic and marketing degress. I know those are the first people I turn to do when I want expert opinions about atmospheric radiative transfer models.

When 4 out of 5 dentists agree about something, you'd listen to that 5th dentist wouldn't you?

So have you seen the movie? I recall you once bashing me for criticizing a movie that I hadn't actually seen (I believe it was a Michael Moore movie but I don't remember).

At any rate, he's primarily a meteorologist who also teaches geology. Incidentally, he received both his masters and phd from OU. ;)

mdklatt
5/13/2008, 05:16 PM
double post

JohnnyMack
5/13/2008, 05:19 PM
Jerry Straka?

mdklatt
5/13/2008, 05:26 PM
So have you seen the movie?

Yes. My favorite part was the "scientist" near the beginning who claimed he simply took the media's word that global warming was real until he started investigating it. Of all people, a scientist should know not to take media science coverage at face value.

Paul Reiter, also prominently featured, is one of the denialist's favorite cranks because he likes to criticize the IPCC process. What does he have to say about the reality of AGW? Nothing, because he's an entomologist. His speciality is the epidemiology of malaria. That's typical of almost all of the deniers--they're trained in something that either has very little or nothing to do at all with earth science. Some of them lie about their credentials altogether so who knows what they're "experts" in.

And I don't think it was me who criticized you for watching not watching a Michael Moore movie. You pretty much know what you're going to get from him without needing to see it.

At any rate, he's primarily a meteorologist who also teaches geology. Incidentally, he received both his masters and phd from OU. ;)

What's his name? Maybe I've heard of him.

EDIT:

Here's a pretty thorough catalog of all the outright fabrications in that movie:

http://www.durangobill.com/Swindle_Swindle.html

5/13/2008, 05:56 PM
Vote for Obama or Hillary...or McCain....If you want to flush the USA down the toilet. Fixed! I'd rather the dems take the blame for what's gonna happen. Besides, with Barr now in the race, the dem will win, anyway.

mdklatt
5/13/2008, 05:59 PM
Jerry Straka?

He's still at OU.

Harry Beanbag
5/13/2008, 06:02 PM
Maybe I'm a dumbass, but I have no idea who the hell Bob Barr is.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2008, 06:32 PM
Maybe I'm a dumbass, but I have no idea who the hell Bob Barr is.

Former Congressman from Georgia. After Georgia redrew their district lines he was forced into a head-head match up with a Congressman (also a Republican) from a neighboring district and he lost in the GOP primary therego he lost his seat. I think that was in '02.

Harry Beanbag
5/13/2008, 06:34 PM
That's right, I remember him now.

5/13/2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe I'm a dumbass, but I have no idea who the hell Bob Barr is.Google him up, Beanbag! Former outspoken repub. congressman, gung-ho candidate for pres. as a libertarian, now. He will get plenty of democrat money to help with his campaign expenses.

VeeJay
5/13/2008, 06:52 PM
Blame the current state of the Republican Party on Bush. Worse off than what Mondale was dealing with in '84.

Bush in 2000 inherited a foundering party that fed off the national disgust of Slick Willie. The opportunity was his to sieze. Unfortunately he decided to imitate Reagan by buying a ranch and cut brush instead of galvanizing a movement.

Conservatives don't really know what to do on election day. The old saying goes "Liberals fall in love. Conservatives fall in line." Not so sure that will hold this time.

5/13/2008, 07:06 PM
Blame the current state of the Republican Party on Bush. Worse off than what Mondale was dealing with in '84.

Bush in 2000 inherited a foundering party that fed off the national disgust of Slick Willie. The opportunity was his to sieze. Unfortunately he decided to imitate Reagan by buying a ranch and cut brush instead of galvanizing a movement. (what's that supposed to mean, that Reagan didn't behave as a conservative?)

Conservatives don't really know what to do on election day. The old saying goes "Liberals fall in love. Conservatives fall in line." Not so sure that will hold this time.With Barr there to siphon off some conservatives, McCain is teh Doomed!

Sooner_Havok
5/13/2008, 07:13 PM
Hey RLIC, just out of sheer unadulterated curiosity, who would you like to have as the GOP nominee this year?

Chuck Bao
5/13/2008, 08:01 PM
For the record, I'd vote for any libertarian that was also pro choice. Why would a libertarian candidate want to get involved with a woman's right to choose? Or, the right for gay guys to form partnerships and like do their own thing in the privacy of their own home?

This guy doesn't seem like a libertarian. Let him take votes away from McCain, especially in the South and that's okay by me.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2008, 08:13 PM
For the record, I'd vote for any libertarian that was also pro choice. Why would a libertarian candidate want to get involved with a woman's right to choose? Or, the right for gay guys to form partnerships and like do their own thing in the privacy of their own home?

This guy doesn't seem like a libertarian. Let him take votes away from McCain, especially in the South and that's okay by me.

See, I'd sort of agree with you on that if you'd vehemently oppose it on the federal level while supporting a state's right to choose.

The Federal government has absolutely no business either banning or creating a national right to abortion -- the same goes for gay marriage.

I think in nearly all cases the Federal government should err either on the side of individual rights and/or states' rights (especially on matters that do not conflict with another individual's liberty)

mdklatt
5/14/2008, 09:21 AM
Why would a libertarian candidate want to get involved with a woman's right to choose?

That all depends on if you think a fetus is a human or not. If you do, anti-abortion laws make perfect sense.

Or, the right for gay guys to form partnerships and like do their own thing in the privacy of their own home?

This guy doesn't seem like a libertarian.

There is no such thing as a "family values" libertarian.

SoonerProphet
5/14/2008, 09:40 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/katz-j/katz-j28.html