PDA

View Full Version : Dear Al Sharpton

r5TPsooner
5/10/2008, 03:51 PM
we all know that you feel that you're above the law, but would you at least pay your taxes.

I don't know about you guys, but I was shocked when I read that he owed back taxes.:rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/10/sharpton.taxes.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

KC//CRIMSON
5/10/2008, 04:00 PM
Say hello to Snipes for us!

tommieharris91
5/10/2008, 04:06 PM
Shut up.

Thanks,
Normal People Everywhere

Fixed.

VeeJay
5/10/2008, 04:28 PM
Is he the Action Network guy?
Or is he Operation PUSH, Rainbow Coalition, Climate Change, or something else?

It is difficult to keep up.

Too much activism these days.

SoonerBorn68
5/10/2008, 04:36 PM
Tax headaches are nothing new for Sharpton. The 53-year-old minister has been assailed over his career for running up big tax debts and failing to abide by rules governing his charities and election committees. He is perpetually being sued for failing to pay his bills.

As for Sharpton's personal tax debt, King said Sharpton has started paying it off but contends that faulty record-keeping by the National Action Network led the government to overestimate his tax liability.

Donors have included beer giant Anheuser-Busch, which gave more than $100,000 last year, and Forest City Ratner, a real estate development company that courted black leaders for support of a plan to build an NBA arena in Brooklyn. PepsiCo, for several years, gave Sharpton a compensated position on one of its advisory boards.

Anyone here see a pattern?

Hey Al, pay or taxes or sit in jail!

StoopTroup
5/10/2008, 06:15 PM
Book him Dano!