PDA

View Full Version : The Thread of Crankiness

mdklatt
5/10/2008, 03:39 PM
Dear Useless Old Fart,

I've never been, but I'm pretty sure that Spain is not full of "dirty Mexicans".

Dear Generation But whyyyyyyyy?????,

Are there any activities that do not require the almost continuous use of a cell phone? Driving, walking, eating, shopping, doing laundry, watching a movie, attending a concert, going to a football game. A lot of you even use your phone as an alarm clock, so sleeping is on the list as well.

Dear My Parents Are Old Enough To Remember VJ Day,

No tramp stamps for you.

tommieharris91
5/10/2008, 03:43 PM

Are there any activities that do not require the almost continuous use of a cell phone?

No.

mdklatt
5/10/2008, 03:45 PM
No.

Ever hear the joke about the blonde who suffocated when the batteries in her Walkman--excuse me, iPod--died? That's when I think of when I see somebody with a phone in their ear 24/7. :D

yermom
5/10/2008, 04:20 PM
i'm thinking mdk just doesn't have anyone to talk to ;)

mdklatt
5/10/2008, 04:22 PM
i'm thinking mdk just doesn't have anyone to talk to ;)

:O

Penguin
5/10/2008, 05:01 PM
I used my cell phone as an alarm clock this morning.

tommieharris91
5/10/2008, 05:03 PM
Ever hear the joke about the blonde who suffocated when the batteries in her Walkman--excuse me, iPod--died? That's when I think of when I see somebody with a phone in their ear 24/7. :D

Why do you hate bluetooth headsets? Don't worry, I hate em too...

goingoneight
5/10/2008, 05:20 PM
I'm going on day 7 tomorrow away from the damb phone. When I'm off on the weekends, it gets pushed off to the charger for 2. Before you think I'm just some old guy who is anti-technology, I'm 23. If people really would spend just a few days without one or leave it at home when it's not necessary to have it, they'd realize just how ridiculous they look spending all hours of the day fliping it out and checking it, texting, talking, playing, etc. all hours of the day.

yermom
5/10/2008, 05:46 PM
yep, it's pretty awful to be able to make or receive calls in an emergency, or need directions, or...

sure there are people that gab all day on the phone, but there are lots of legitimate uses for it as well

soonerbrat
5/10/2008, 05:49 PM
i don't have a home phone, so i gotta use my cell phone. and I love google text messaging.

StoopTroup
5/10/2008, 05:51 PM
I was cranky earlier but now that I've been out driving this afternoon...I realize that there are some folks way crankier than I am.

Wow...

Road Ragin a-holes...

yermom
5/10/2008, 06:07 PM
i don't have a home phone, so i gotta use my cell phone. and I love google text messaging.

Google SMS ftw!

Frozen Sooner
5/10/2008, 06:08 PM
I use my cell phone as an alarm all the time. Like always.

Why spend more money for an alarm clock when I have one built into the phone?

Bonus: I'm much less likely to throw it across the room.

GottaHavePride
5/10/2008, 11:50 PM
And your phone generally doesn't re-set if the powe rin your house blinks.

And I was at the fieldhouse for PG's graduation today and who just happens to be leaving from the previous ceremony in there? CAF.

Heh. She didn't say a word, and I'm pretty sure she pulled a fast about-face as soon as she saw me.

proud gonzo
5/11/2008, 04:52 AM
hehehehe

and yeah, my phone doesn't blink off when the power does. much better alarm clock than the normal one i have.

soonercody
5/11/2008, 09:01 AM
Dear Minivan Mom,

Must you park in the only spot that obstructs the view of the intersecting road when you drive fat little Junior to the bus stop? Every damn morning?

-SC

Dear (by my estimiation) 1/2 Of Y'all,

Is it necessary to come to a complete stop before turning from the road? WTF?

-SC

__________________________________________________ _____

Dear Ladies Across The Hall,

Any chance you could find louder and more obnoxious ring-tones for your cell phones? Maybe you could amplify the fuggin' sound or something to make it even more annoying. I hate your phones and want to break them.

-SC

Dear Missionaries Who Hang Religious Leaflets On My Doorknob,

Do you really think that works? Ever? Really, Do You?

-SC

StormySooner-IN
5/11/2008, 09:46 AM

Are there any activities that do not require the almost continuous use of a cell phone? Driving, walking, eating, shopping, doing laundry, watching a movie, attending a concert, going to a football game. A lot of you even use your phone as an alarm clock, so sleeping is on the list as well.

Hey, I'm 16 and live in the 'city'....and I can agree to this.

People need to hang the **** phone up and talk to their **** friends that are right **** next to them.
People [women] that always talk when their driving need to hang up so they [women] can focus driving, seeing as how they [women] can barely drive as it is.:D;)

I throw popcorn at people who even think about talking on the phone at the movies (in turn I think everyone wants to talk....so I usually never have any popcorn to eat):D

I do however...use my phone as an alarm. As Mike said, it makes me less likely to throw it out the window.

LoyalFan
5/11/2008, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=mdklatt;2292183]Dear Useless Old Fart,

I've never been, but I'm pretty sure that Spain is not full of "dirty Mexicans".{QUIXOTE}

Well, it IS a lonnnnnnggggggg swim, and if they made it they'd be pretty clean after all that time in the water...right?

LF

Melo
5/11/2008, 02:08 PM
I hate talking on the phone. Unless I dont or havent talked to the person in a long time, I make up excuses not to stay on the phone. Three exceptions being my parents, who call me to pick up my brother, or do an errand, or figure out where I am, etc, my recruiter, who stays in touch about DEP meetings, transcripts, etc, and my boyfriend. Hes in the army, I only see him once a week, so to me, its important to make sure I talk to him during the day when he calls or texts.

However, I just want to add that Friday at work, my mother sent her first text message EVAR to me. It was pretty sweet!

:D