PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Zune

tbl
5/10/2008, 09:49 AM
I've been an Ipod guy from day one. I had the 1st generation and I'm now on last years 30G video model. Unfortunately, the thing is crapping out on me and I'm looking for a change. I saw a Zune in the store the other day and I really like the functionality of it. For the same price and same storage space as the Ipod, you get a much bigger screen and apparently better battery life.

Has anybody purchased a Zune? What do you think?

soonerboomer93
5/10/2008, 01:53 PM
do you have mp3, or did you buy a bunch from itunes?

that could be a definite factor

CORNholio
5/10/2008, 09:42 PM
Does it use the crappy windows media player interface thing that I try to delete from my computer?

tbl
5/12/2008, 01:54 PM
Ok, I got the 30G version, and so far it's AWESOME. I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't use Itunes as the interface, but I'm getting used to the Zune software.

Pro's over Ipod:
Longer battery life
Bigger screen
More attractive user interface
Radio built in (big win over Ipod here)
Surface is essentially fingerprint resistant
Integrates with online database for album covers and album information much better than Itunes
Syncs pictures and video's much easier

Ipod is better:
I still like the click wheel
Ipod is slightly smaller, but I don't care since I get a bigger screen
Ipod syncs faster with Itunes

I didn't have many songs at all downloaded from Itunes and no video's, so I'm fine there. All in all, the Zune is greatness, especially getting 30G of music, vids, and pics for $100.

frankensooner
5/12/2008, 02:03 PM
I've heard they have some bugs with the Zune and some verions of XP. That being said, I would love to have one.

Animal Mother
5/12/2008, 03:16 PM
I’ve never had problems with Media Player or Microsoft products in general. That is until Vista started to do the freaky deaky after 9 months. It has basically taken a giant crap since February 2008. I can’t install Vista updates, AVG anti-virus or Adobe 8 point whatever the f**k version is newest. I even did the noobiest of things and re-installed the bloody OS. No good. How much is blanking the personal confuser and installing XP going to flip out the rotation of planet Earth? What problems will I create for myself? Manufacturer’s warranty voidification for starters I’m guessing???

King Crimson
5/12/2008, 03:22 PM
functionality, all the way. but, you won't get the mac cool pedigree.

until mac starts running open source imma skip the rah rah costs 150% more for the same thing stuff. that's just me.

OklaPony
5/12/2008, 05:51 PM
I've got a gen. 1 30g Zune and like it just fine. They're on about rev.3 of the software and firmware... all seems to be going well.

shaun4411
5/12/2008, 06:03 PM
zune is better. plus you can share pirated media with your friends.

Sooner_Havok
5/12/2008, 06:06 PM
Did they change the Zune's construction? Last time I fooled around with one it felt like I was going to break it just by holding it. The plastic just felt flimsy. The bigger screen is nice though, but that is why I went with the touch. that and I didn't need 30g