PDA

View Full Version : I need help planning a vacation.

Sooner5030
5/9/2008, 10:05 PM
Anyone ever visit the places I've listed below? I am trying to plan a vacation in August but would like feedback from real experiences rather than tourist web sites. If you have any lessons learned or “i will never visit there again” please let me know. I will be flying from Seoul.

Israel – Flight is $1,800 and I don't want to guess what a nice place in Tel Aviv would cost. My plan would be to stay in Tel Aviv for a few days, then Jerusalem and lastly the dead sea. I've always promised myself that one day I will visit Israel. More from a historical view than a religious one. Are there non-religious affiliated tours of Jerusalem?

Phuket or Bangkok, Thailand – Flight is $1,100. I've always wanted to go thru the jungle on an elephant. That would be cool. I love Thai food also.

Vietnam – Flight is only $800 and I have heard it is one of the cheapest vacations in Asia. I just don't know what to go see. It'll feel kinda creepy being in the same place that some family members had fought. I cant imagine one of my kids visiting Tikrit in 30 years...blah.

Romania – Flight is $1,000. I wonder if all the women look like Kate Beckinsale in Van Helsing. Would be cool to visit Transylvania and the Black sea.

St. Petersburg, Russia – Flight $1,200. I wonder if all the history from the Romanovs and the Tsars survived thru the USSR. I'd probably get tired of seeing buildings with morsels on top. However, it would give me a chance to practice my Russian. I've heard you have to provide the Russian Federation with a day to day itinerary though.

Blue
5/9/2008, 10:11 PM
Israel, Turkey, Egypt would be the coolest.

soonerbrat
5/9/2008, 10:23 PM
haven't been to any of those.

GottaHavePride
5/9/2008, 10:50 PM
Um, Chuck Bao lives in Bangkok. He should be able to help there.

olevetonahill
5/9/2008, 10:52 PM
Ive been to the Nam
I dont recomend it
Course thats just me
My Great Nephew was there a Month or so ago with His GF
they Had a Great time
I can Find Out More If want Peem me

olevetonahill
5/9/2008, 10:53 PM
Um, Chuck Bao lives in Bangkok. He should be able to help there.

Yup what I was thinkin