PDA

View Full Version : Rangers/Mariners Brawl

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2008, 10:36 PM
FoxSW

F. Hernandez hits two Rangers in the first four innings, (1 was Kinsler who had homered.)

K. Gabbard throws kinda close to Sexson, head high but over the plate about 1 foot away, and he charges the mound and throws his helmet (big fine coming for that) and hits Gabbard in the back and starts wailing.

The Hernandez loses it and has to be restrained, when he's the only one who's hit anybody.

Great Tom Grieve quotes during:

I guess when you're hitting .209 and you can't drive in any runs, you're going to take it out on the pitcher.

Why would he throw at a guy who can't hit water falling out of a boat.

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2008, 10:59 PM
Richie Sexson needs to really get nailed the next time he faces the Rangers.

Only thing that spare is good at is striking out.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/8/2008, 10:59 PM
And Gabbard has to come out of the game after aggravating a hamstring.

That makes Richie Sexson an even bigger piece of garbage in my book.

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2008, 11:38 PM
And thanks to MLB.com, we find out from the Mariner announcers that a pitch 8 feet high and right over the middle of the plate is a purpose pitch :rolleyes:

Paperclip
5/9/2008, 12:01 AM
Grieve wasn't really holding back was he. That was hilarious.

tommieharris91
5/9/2008, 12:25 AM
I'm surprised Milton Bradley didn't tear a knee ligament holding back Gerald Laird.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/9/2008, 12:41 AM
I'm surprised Milton Bradley didn't tear a knee ligament holding back Gerald Laird.

That might be the shocking thing about the brawl there. That, plus Milton's the one doing the restaining, instead of having to be restrained.

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2008, 08:18 AM
Gotta love the AP article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280508112

Only mention that it wasn't even close to his head is by Ron Washington.

The video in the article called it "chin music".

What BS. Sexson is ****ing punk

stoops the eternal pimp
5/9/2008, 08:34 AM
wannabe Jay Buhner

soonerinabilene
5/9/2008, 09:10 AM
Great Tom Grieve quotes during:

I guess when you're hitting .209 and you can't drive in any runs, you're going to take it out on the pitcher.

Why would he throw at a guy who can't hit water falling out of a boat.

One more:
Richie Sexon comes running at Gabbard, stops 10 feet away, and then throws his helmet at him LIKE A LITTLE GIRL, well, actually, not even a girl would do something that cowardly.

soonerinabilene
5/9/2008, 09:12 AM
On a positive note, whats up with the Rangers coming out of a road trip with a winning record? Its like they remembered how to play baseball. I hope they keep it up, because if they were to stay around the cellar, come trade deadline Hamilton and Murphy could be gone to the highest bidder.

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2008, 10:53 AM
On a positive note, whats up with the Rangers coming out of a road trip with a winning record? Its like they remembered how to play baseball. I hope they keep it up, because if they were to stay around the cellar, come trade deadline Hamilton and Murphy could be gone to the highest bidder.

Stellar starting pitching and a bullpen that has;'t given up a run in 8 games (24 innings) helps alot. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/9/2008, 10:59 AM
If your a Rangers fan you take your pick...are they gonna play good baseball before the break or after?...but don't count on both

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2008, 11:07 AM
pretty much.

Plus we beat the Yankees in the playoffs...once.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/9/2008, 11:09 AM
Im the back pages of my mind, I think I still remember that.....I ll always love you Reuben Sierra and Chad Kreuter

NormanPride
5/9/2008, 11:42 AM
lol, baseball

Beef
5/9/2008, 03:58 PM
Richie Sexson needs to really get nailed the next time he faces the Rangers.

Only thing that spare is good at is striking out.

Which is why you don't hit him next time.

The next time the Rangers face the Mariners, they need to start Francisco. Let him pop Ichiro on the first pitch, then run a chair out to him and let him go ape-**** on the whole team.

Beef
5/9/2008, 03:59 PM
And Sexson was suspended for 6 games...

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2008, 04:11 PM
Padilla is the pitcher scheduled for Monday nights first game against the M's in Arlington.

He may throw behind the first batter. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
5/10/2008, 10:14 PM
And Sexson was suspended for 6 games...

Reduced to five, starting with tonight's game. Which means he will miss the rematch series with the Rangers.

Darn, just when we were going to give him the full Robin Ventura treatment during all of his at-bats in the upcoming series.:mad:

GrapevineSooner
5/11/2008, 12:15 AM
Mariners still have two more trips scheduled this season.

By then, I wonder if Mr. Strikeout will still be on their roster though.

Beef
5/13/2008, 09:40 AM
Darn, just when we were going to give him the full Robin Ventura treatment during all of his at-bats in the upcoming series.:mad:

You mean Nolan was going to come of the stands? That would rock!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/13/2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/images/RYANPHS016003-L.jpg