PDA

View Full Version : i'm DONE

RacerX
5/8/2008, 10:02 PM
I took the last Final of my MBA and all I have to do now is walk across a stage on saturday.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3333/image001vd5.gif

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5579/ucolettersols2.jpg

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 10:20 PM
Grats Dude
thats Cool :cool:

RacerX
5/8/2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks! It's not just a copycat thread.

It's quite the change from my less than spectacular undergrad accomplishments.

Soonerus
5/8/2008, 10:25 PM
Congratulations, I will celebrate you and Catfish Sooner who is also walking across the stage on Saturday,,,,

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2008, 10:29 PM
Congrats!

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 10:30 PM
good job you!

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks! It's not just a copycat thread.

It's quite the change from my less than spectacular undergrad accomplishments.

I never thot it was a copy cat .
Im proud Of all you Young Folks that have worked ur asses Off fer a degree .

Cam
5/11/2008, 10:42 AM
Congrats man. Well done.

Chuck Bao
5/11/2008, 02:26 PM
Congrats RacerX.

You have the right to be very proud.

Now, get a job!

soonerboomer93
5/11/2008, 05:30 PM
congrats

hope you gots drunk :D

r5TPsooner
5/11/2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats & best wishes.

RacerX
5/11/2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone!

Chuck, I'm 42. I've been working in IT for 20+ years. Finished my undergrad in 1992. I'm looking for the next job up. But again, thanks for the well wishes. It was grueling being a fulltime student with a wife, two kids and fulltime job.(shut up Frankensooner).

http://members.cox.net/racerx4ou/racerxgradsf.jpg

King Crimson
5/11/2008, 08:14 PM
word up X.

RacerX
5/11/2008, 08:21 PM
http://members.cox.net/racerx4ou/racerxgradandgirlssf.jpg
:D

royalfan5
5/11/2008, 08:34 PM
Congrats on joining the MBA club.

StoopTroup
5/11/2008, 09:07 PM
http://members.cox.net/racerx4ou/racerxgradandgirlssf.jpg
:D

You Sir are a shining example for everyone who wishes they could continue their education while continuing to work and support a Family.

You have my deepest respect.

Congrats Racer!

Also Congrats to your Wife and Kids as I'm sure they helped you through it with love, encouragement and support.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

Chuck, I'm 42. I've been working in IT for 20+ years. Finished my undergrad in 1992. I'm looking for the next job up. But again, thanks for the well wishes. It was grueling being a fulltime student with a wife, two kids and fulltime job.(shut up Frankensooner).

http://members.cox.net/racerx4ou/racerxgradsf.jpg

Kinda in the boat I m in...fulltime job(2 actually), 2 kids and been in IT for a while....But I m trying to earn my Bach...may be asking you some questions or needing somebody to show me how they was able to do it!

RacerX
5/11/2008, 09:42 PM
You Sir are a shining example for everyone who wishes they could continue their education while continuing to work and support a Family.

You have my deepest respect.

Congrats Racer!

Also Congrats to your Wife and Kids as I'm sure they helped you through it with love, encouragement and support.

Thank you.

You're right, it would have been impossible without commitment from the whole family.

Even in my 40's, my parents paid for my books,. They wanted to.

My wife knew the length of the commitment for the degree and knew why. She was great through the whole thing and proof read a lot of papers.

The six year old was very aware of me not being around/playing etc, but she was great 80% of the time.

The three year old really doesn't know any different and will probably wonder why I'm around all the time now.

OKC-SLC
5/11/2008, 09:44 PM
good jorb, Racer. Congratulations.

yermom
5/11/2008, 10:52 PM
and you even had a movie come out this weekend, you must really have been busy

congrats

RacerX
5/11/2008, 11:09 PM
I'm seeing the RacerX movie next weekend in 3-D IMAX.

SEIZURES!!!!!

proud gonzo
5/11/2008, 11:10 PM
congrats, dude! i'm not EVEN going to post a photo of me in my graduation regalia from saturday.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/12/2008, 06:35 AM
Who's Bryan? ;)

BigRedJed
5/12/2008, 07:38 AM
Good jorb, RacerX. Congrats.

C&CDean
5/12/2008, 09:30 AM
Well done sir. Does this mean you ain't skipping out on future OU/TX weekends due to school work?:texan:

I did my MHR at OU smack dab in the middle of raising 5 kids, traveling extensively with my job, and being semi-old (got my masters in 2000 when I was 43).

When I hear people say (especially young people with no kids, etc.) "I just don't have the time to go back to school" it makes me wanna puke. Do like RacerX and get your *** back in the saddle and learn ya some smarts.

frankensooner
5/12/2008, 10:00 AM
I am proud of you!!! Good job!!! I do have to point out that this is clearly photoshopped:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5579/ucolettersols2.jpg

;)

RacerX
5/12/2008, 10:09 AM
I got mad farkin' skillz. :D

I think it's funny that I missed Bryan later in the letter.

NormanPride
5/12/2008, 10:12 AM
Those kids are adorable. Congrats, man! Makes me want to go back to school...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2008, 10:18 AM
Well done sir. Does this mean you ain't skipping out on future OU/TX weekends due to school work?:texan:

I did my MHR at OU smack dab in the middle of raising 5 kids, traveling extensively with my job, and being semi-old (got my masters in 2000 when I was 43).

When I hear people say (especially young people with no kids, etc.) "I just don't have the time to go back to school" it makes me wanna puke. Do like RacerX and get your *** back in the saddle and learn ya some smarts.

When I cut out the time I did crap but sit around, I realized I had the time to go back...All I know is working multiple jobs to support the fam was/is making me an old man fast...I don't get to see them much now, but the payoff will be they I will get to see them more than now after I graduate..Im taking 15 hours a semester in hopes of graduating next may, so it kicks my butt at times, but I have to finish.

The major reason that I want to do this is to be a role model to my kids...parents who graduate from college are more likely to have kids graduate from college..

This sounds kinda cheezy, but it was people on this board(current and former members) that influenced me knowingly or unknowingly to go back and finish...

C&CDean
5/12/2008, 10:58 AM
When I cut out the time I did crap but sit around, I realized I had the time to go back...All I know is working multiple jobs to support the fam was/is making me an old man fast...I don't get to see them much now, but the payoff will be they I will get to see them more than now after I graduate..Im taking 15 hours a semester in hopes of graduating next may, so it kicks my butt at times, but I have to finish.

The major reason that I want to do this is to be a role model to my kids...parents who graduate from college are more likely to have kids graduate from college..

This sounds kinda cheezy, but it was people on this board(current and former members) that influenced me knowingly or unknowingly to go back and finish...

See people. Soonerfans.com influencing young people to success - and beyond.

Hang in there and get it done. Of course the "free time" after you graduate will instantly get sucked into your life and you won't notice it a bit. The only thing I noticed was that after a couple years of reading everything for retention, I finally got to read for pleasure again. The first time I got on an airplane with Harry Potter instead of "Writing for Business and Industry" or "Current Problems in Human Relations" was a gas.

Viking Kitten
5/12/2008, 12:08 PM
...first time I got on an airplane with Harry Potter instead of "Writing for Business and Industry" or "Current Problems in Human Relations" was a gas.

Man, I could write that book and it would be short and to the point.

Chapter One-The Problem: Everybody Acting Like a Dick up in Here

Chapter Two-The Solution: Stop It

Viking Kitten
5/12/2008, 12:09 PM
PS: Congrats Racer X!

C&CDean
5/12/2008, 01:12 PM
Man, I could write that book and it would be short and to the point.

Chapter One-The Problem: Everybody Acting Like a Dick up in Here

Chapter Two-The Solution: Stop It

Not to completely wreck this thread, but the professor of that course started the semester with these words - I paraphrase:

"This is Current Problems in Human Relations." I am Dr. Dorscine Spigner-Littles, and I am your instructor. Just so you know, white males ARE the problem with human relations, and white males have ALWAYS been the problem with human relations...."

Let's just say it went downhill rapidly from there. I was the only white male in the whole ****ing class.

C&CDean
5/12/2008, 01:48 PM
Lemme guess, you were the class' "science project"

Pretty much. When I stood up for my white male brethren it was "see, I told you so." Other than the stats course, this was the worst course I took.

Just thinking about that fat bitch sitting up there stuffing Cheetos into her face with orange fingers - washing it all down with copious amounts of Mr. Pibb - while showing old Time/Life videos of race riots in Watts and Detroit - while saying - see everybody, everything from poverty to global warming can be blamed on white males - especially American white males - makes me wanna heave. One racist beeyatch.

Zbird
5/12/2008, 09:11 PM
Been there, done that while single-parenting an 8 yr old. SPEK to you Racer.