PDA

View Full Version : A serious, Heart felt question ?

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 07:22 AM
White People Cant say the N word , Cause we will Offend the Ns
They Can say It on TV and Have ALL black Comedy , Ebony Mags , etc.
But we Cant have an Ivory Channel Cause White folk Be Racist ?WTF
Same with the Beaners , WE are forced to become PC correct
While George Lopez and those others Make Jokes

OK I got a Joke For you !
See It Dont Matter Cause ANY Race Joke Can Be turned On any Race .
Any N race Joke any B, Race Joke I can tell it just sub the N word , Or Beaner word
And Put In whorns and Its all good

Peeps If your a Hard workin AMERICAN . I Love you
Im gonna tell MY Jokes But thats all they are
I just Broke My soap Box .
Was It Ivory Snow , Irish spring ?
Oh shat !

soonerinabilene
5/8/2008, 07:33 AM
When I was in high school, my teacher got fired because of a comment he made. We asked him why Black students had an African American student banquet, the hispanics had Hispanic Senior banquet, but there was nothing special for white kids. He responded that we did, it was called the Top 25 banquet, for the 25 kids with the highest GPA. Two days later, he no longer worked there.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/8/2008, 07:34 AM
bane him!!

Czar Soonerov
5/8/2008, 07:44 AM
:gary:

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 07:46 AM
If Folks gotta Be PC then It should Be for Both ways
If I got be Told . Dont say Queer , fag Gay .Black BeanChink gook slope
Then Then I aint a Honky whitebread Cracker
Peeps Lets Just all be Americans ,
If a Black , Or a Beaner , Or a slobvokian wants to Tell a Joke about My whiteass . AND Its a Funny Joke Oll LOL
If Not Ill say MEH.
I aint gonna Get all Mad and cause a riot
well Hell I hope Yall see My point

OKLA21FAN
5/8/2008, 08:03 AM
Fing hillbillies!!!!! :pop:

yermom
5/8/2008, 08:21 AM
When I was in high school, my teacher got fired because of a comment he made. We asked him why Black students had an African American student banquet, the hispanics had Hispanic Senior banquet, but there was nothing special for white kids. He responded that we did, it was called the Top 25 banquet, for the 25 kids with the highest GPA. Two days later, he no longer worked there.

wow.

seriously though, separating other groups out and requiring lower test scores, etc... seems to make the problems worse, not better IMO

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/8/2008, 08:22 AM
Can we still make fun of Sic'Em ;)

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 08:25 AM
Can we still make fun of Sic'Em ;)

Aint No season Nor Limit On Sicem :cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 09:01 AM
I guess somebody gave Carlos Mencia a free pass on all of those jokes

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2008, 09:13 AM
I guess somebody gave Carlos Mencia a free pass to steal all of those jokes

yep

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 09:18 AM
Def Comedy Jam has been showing new episodes and I watched the other night just to hear some of the newer standup and all I got was old Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and even Bill Cosby jokes(told with f bombs)....The only guy that made me laugh was Russell Peters

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 09:39 AM
wow.

seriously though, separating other groups out and requiring lower test scores, etc... seems to make the problems worse, not better IMO

Dude I have been saying this since I got a Nat'l Merit and other race groups got the same scholarship with less of a score.

Similarly I may not have even got one if I lived in a place with a higher population.

Anyway, point is that all of this stuff to try to make up for our ancestors sucking hind tit on the race issue doesnt seem to do any good. I'm not saying that nothing should be done about the discrepancy between whites and other races in education, because one exists. I just dont think affirmative action type stuff works that well.

As far as the N word goes I wont say it to a black person... to many connotations there that I just dont want to mess with.

the reason we cant say any of this stuff is that we are the majority and it has us walking on eggshells, becuase for a while we stepped on necks. It ****es me off sometimes too, I'm in the lets just all be equal camp.

Bring me a Ms. White America! ;)

soonermix
5/8/2008, 09:58 AM
i get why i can't say the n bomb ending with -er thats just mean but why not ending with -a

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 10:10 AM
I'm not really sure when the ever-lovin' N word acheived untouchable status, but it's really a crock of **** perpetuated by weak-*** liberal white people who have nothing better to do than run around going "ooh, he's racist."

Just saying "N word" is stupid.

And BTW, did anybody see the article in USA Today this morning with Hillary getting lambasted for "focusing on white people" or some such crap. Yeah, I'm thinking there's a serious double standard going down here...

5/8/2008, 10:40 AM
olevet, I like the use of the term, "Beaner word" in your first post.

:D

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 11:17 AM
I'm not really sure when the ever-lovin' N word acheived untouchable status, but it's really a crock of **** perpetuated by weak-*** liberal white people who have nothing better to do than run around going "ooh, he's racist."

Does the N word get caught by the filter?... ******. There ya go.

Viking Kitten
5/8/2008, 01:08 PM
Words have power. Like it or not. What that word means, whether the user intends it that way or not, is "inferior." I choose not to use a word that denigrates people, and I think it's obnoxious when other people use it. If that makes me weak... okay.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 01:10 PM
I agree to a certain extent, but its how those words are received that dictates how much power they have

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 01:13 PM
Words have power. Like it or not. What that word means, whether the user intends it that way or not, is "inferior." I choose not to use a word that denigrates people, and I think it's obnoxious when other people use it. If that makes me weak... okay.

Yep.

(EDIT: I agree with you, not you are weak :D)

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 01:15 PM
I agree to a certain extent, but its how those words are received that dictates how much power they have

Well when just about every black person I've ever met doesnt receive the N word well from white people well, that pretty much tells me that I shouldnt use it.

OklahomaRed
5/8/2008, 01:18 PM
I agree. Question, when white's become the minority in Texas, do we get minority status? Do we get to score lower on test to gain acceptance into college? Do we get to start having our own Ivory TV? White beauty pageant? White minority political caucus?

Another point I have is when do minority groups get to QUIT counting themselves a minority? When they are less that 50% genetically of that minority? Why do individuals that are less that 10% Indian get to keep using free government handouts? Where is the line? Who gets to make the rules on who is a minority and who is not a minority?

Who dictates what the test questions are? Are the test questions racially biased? How can a calculus question, or a question on biology be racially biased? Are the universities NOT to attempt to attract the most talented to their school? Are we not to look for the next Einstein no matter what race? If we segragate or disqualify any individual because of their skin color, are we not cheating ourselves as a nation to make sure we have the most qualified doctors removing tumors from our brains, putting our femurs back together after we fracture them in 20 places, or engineering our aircraft or cars so that we stay one step ahead of other countries? If you disqualify these individuals simply because you had to let the green girl in ahead of the purple guy; aren't we simply setting ourselves up as a nation to be 2nd class?

Equality will never occur until individuals, groups, and political candidates quit using discrimination as a crutch, and until people understand that the old rule of the fittest "should" survive is realized as alive and well today as it was 10,000 years ago. When we reward the weak, the less intelligent, or the under achiever because of a legislated purpose to make up for some historical event that may or may not have happened (trace your ancestors) to someone, then we are simply asking for the politcal dumbing down of our country.

Last point. No, people should not be allowed to use the N word, or any other racial word unless they want to get slapped upside the head; however, until blacks and hispanics quit using it, it's hard to tell others NOT to use it. I also think blacks and hispanics throwing around racial slurs towards whites or rednecks is just as bad, but for some strange reason that is considered politically correct? :confused:

I think my soapbox was Tide. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 01:26 PM
Well when just about every black person I've ever met doesnt receive the N word well from white people well, that pretty much tells me that I shouldnt use it.

well yeah....maybe i should explain myself..

you say that word to one black person and they let it eat at them and they can't get past it

you say it to another black person and they say to themselves "that man/woman is just ignorant" and go on about their business..

same word..2 different people..first example its powerful...second one not so much..

another example: my brother and I. we both were called a lot of names early on in life...He still can't get past a lot of those times were as myself, i could careless what anybody said about me.

In my opinion, in being offended, the power lies on the receiver end not the giver end.

OklahomaRed
5/8/2008, 01:31 PM
well yeah....maybe i should explain myself..

you say that word to one black person and they let it eat at them and they can't get past it

you say it to another black person and they say to themselves "that man/woman is just ignorant" and go on about their business..

same word..2 different people..first example its powerful...second one not so much..

another example: my brother and I. we both were called a lot of names early on in life...He still can't get past a lot of those times were as myself, i could careless what anybody said about me.

In my opinion, in being offended, the power lies on the receiver end not the giver end.

I agree. I came from a background that gave others the opportunity to criticize me. It used to bug the crap out of me until I got old enough to realize that all I had to do was consider the source and go on my way attaining what I felt was important, which was NOT ignorant people's affirmation.

JohnnyMack
5/8/2008, 01:36 PM
We'll take another step up the evolutionary ladder once we stop using words to describe a different race/gender/ethnicity in a derogatory fashion.

Viking Kitten
5/8/2008, 01:58 PM
I agree. I came from a background that gave others the opportunity to criticize me. It used to bug the crap out of me until I got old enough to realize that all I had to do was consider the source and go on my way attaining what I felt was important, which was NOT ignorant people's affirmation.

This is not a "sticks and stones" issue. This is a word that has been used historically not by people trying to simply hurt feelings, but by people who actually had the desire and the power to segregate schools, bar blacks from voting etc., effectively keeping another race of people legally and culturally second-class citizens. Words and symbols that degrade an entire class of people have that power.

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 02:02 PM
This is not a "sticks and stones" issue. This is a word that has been used historically not by people trying to simply hurt feelings, but by people who actually had the desire and the power to segregate schools, bar blacks from voting etc., effectively keeping another race of people legally and culturally second-class citizens. Words and symbols that degrade an entire class of people have that power.

Word, whitey.

Viking Kitten
5/8/2008, 02:04 PM
Mmmm... Wonderbread.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 02:09 PM
IMO, the word is not where the power lies because the word was still being used often when those things came to an end...

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 02:13 PM
IMO, the word is not where the power lies because the word was still being used often when those things came to an end...

Yeah, and I hear the word 300 times every time one of my kids drops in a fiddy cent CD too.

Viking Kitten
5/8/2008, 02:14 PM
There were a heck of a lot of people who didn't want to see those things come to an end. And in once sense I agree, the word was just a symptom.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, and I hear the word 300 times every time one of my kids drops in a fiddy cent CD too.

so if the power was in the word, it would have the same effect even if it was from someone from the same race..

BTW...everybody knows that CD belongs to you

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 02:15 PM
Why do so many white people seem to get upset about the fact that they're not allowed to use the N word?

Is it sexist that men don't get to wear a sun dress on a hot summer day so that we get a nice cooling breeze on the twig and berries? Maybe. Do I care? Not really.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 02:21 PM
I dont use it......i dont wear the dress either....and i know you care about whether or not i wear teh dress

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 02:22 PM
and i know you care about whether or not i wear teh dress

Is that you in your avatar? :hot:

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 02:22 PM
I dont give 2 ****s what words are Or are not acceptible
My Point Is why are We ( the Whites ) the ONLY ones expected to Be P.C. ?

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 02:24 PM
I dont give 2 ****s what words are Or are not acceptible
My Point Is why are We ( the Whites ) the ONLY ones expected to Be P.C. ?

Because playing the "poor oppressed majority" card is beyond lame.

Viking Kitten
5/8/2008, 02:29 PM
What does a yellow Star of David mean? In and of itself, it's a benign symbol of a religious faith. But when a ruling class of people forces people of that faith to wear that symbol on their clothing to set them apart, mocks their faith, makes them second class citizens, doesn't that symbol take on a newer, uglier meaning?

Seeing that symbol on Jewish people's clothes made it okay to dehumanize them in Nazi Germany. Tossing around certain degrading words made it okay to force black children to the "coloreds only" water fountain.

Turd_Ferguson
It's 2008. I think the "poor oppressed minority" card is lame.

Chuck Bao
Why should it matter, Olevet? I mean you can choose the high road or the low road. Are you like really annoyed because you took the high road and others didn't? Is that really a big enough beef to feel bad about? Affirmative action is, but not the use of derogatory terms.

PhilTLL
5/8/2008, 02:50 PM
It's 2008. I think the "poor oppressed minority" card is lame.

Yeah dude, 400 years of bull**** can totally be fixed by 40 of semi-decency. What the hell is takin' them so long?!

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah dude, 400 years of bull**** can totally be fixed by 40 of semi-decency. What the hell is takin' them so long?!Fixed? What's broken and what needs to happen to fix it?

OKLA21FAN
5/8/2008, 03:17 PM
Fixed? What's broken and what needs to happen to fix it?

and there lies the problem :gary:

soonerinabilene
5/8/2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah dude, 400 years of bull**** can totally be fixed by 40 of semi-decency. What the hell is takin' them so long?!

Oh good gawd, dont even pull that crap. Not a single person alive today is responsible for anything that happened before 1900, and any one that was responsible for bombings, hangings, and other acts of hate during the 50s and 60s are close to pushing daisys themselves. This isnt a thread about reperations. This is a thread asking why do people think that equality means something else besides actual equality. Why is it ok for one race to do something, but not another? Its about why can a black comic not only say a derogatory term about their own race, but then also make fun of every white person in the audience, and talk in a goofy *** stereotypical white voice, but if a white guy makes a joke about a black guy eating fried chicken, he is a racist bigot who crossed a line.

Are there idiots out there that still think that its cool to dress in white robes and talk down about someone just because of their race? Yes. Are there idiots out there that think that black people are inferior to whites? Yes. Are there idiots out there that think that just because a job went to a better qualified white person, with more experience and a higher education, that its racism and that Al Sharpton should come form a protest in front of that company because of it? Yes. There is stupidity on both sides of the issue, and until humans come to the realization that equal means equal and nothing more or less than that, thats not going to change.

r5TPsooner
5/8/2008, 03:57 PM

Mmmn, free will.

stoopified
5/8/2008, 04:37 PM
If Folks gotta Be PC then It should Be for Both ways
If I got be Told . Dont say Queer , fag Gay .Black BeanChink gook slope
Then Then I aint a Honky whitebread Cracker
Peeps Lets Just all be Americans ,
If a Black , Or a Beaner , Or a slobvokian wants to Tell a Joke about My whiteass . AND Its a Funny Joke Oll LOL
If Not Ill say MEH.
I aint gonna Get all Mad and cause a riot
well Hell I hope Yall see My pointCould not agree more.If there are miority banquets,why not a Caucasian one? Same for history week,and why is there not a United Caucasian Colege Fund?Fair is fair,otherwise it is reverse discrimination IMHO.

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 04:43 PM
Could not agree more.If there are miority banquets,why not a Caucasian one? Same for history week,and why is there not a United Caucasian Colege Fund?Fair is fair,otherwise it is reverse discrimination IMHO.

Would you trade being white for being black in exchange for being able to take advantage of the United Negro College Fund?

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 04:49 PM
Would you trade being white for being black in exchange for being able to take advantage of the United Negro College Fund?Nobody has any say what color they were born. Why should there be a UNCF? Please tell me why there is a UNCF today, in 2008.

yermom
5/8/2008, 04:55 PM
in my experience, anymore it's more about who your daddy is, and/or how much money he has vs. what color he is that puts you at an advantage or disadvantage

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 04:56 PM
Nobody has any say what color they were born. Why should there be a UNCF? Please tell me why there is a UNCF today, in 2008.

Nonresponsive. If everything is so equal, all us crackers should have no problem saying we'd rather be black in the US of A because of all the extra benefits we'd get. Any takers?

PhilTLL
5/8/2008, 05:00 PM
Oh good gawd, dont even pull that crap. Not a single person alive today is responsible for anything that happened before 1900,

Whoa whoa whoa, Defensive Dan, I didn't assign any responsibility. Someone said minorities--blacks, since this seems to be the heart of the topic--have nothing to complain about in the year 2008, and I pointed out that 400 years of problems might take a little bit more than four decades of marginal equality to fix, so it's a little early for us white people to start acting put-upon, tapping our feet and pointing at our watches.

We don't even have answers to the questions we asked in 1968 yet, and it took us 100 years just to get from the end of slavery to there.

yermom
Nonresponsive. If everything is so equal, all us crackers should have no problem saying we'd rather be black in the US of A because of all the extra benefits we'd get. Any takers?

i'll take sunburns over nappy hair and sickle cell

it might be nice to be able to play RB though ;)

mdklatt
in my experience, anymore it's more about who your daddy is, and/or how much money he has vs. what color he is that puts you at an advantage or disadvantage

Absolutely, and I would would like to see all racial preferences abandoned in favor of income-based preferences. But there's a pretty big correlation between how much money you have and what color your daddy is. Until that disparity goes away, we will not have racial equality.

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 05:01 PM
To be fair just about every other month is white history month... look at your history book how many people are black. I still think black history month is ghey, but I'm just sayin.

Also Lisa Lampanelli has no problem saying the N word and she is a white comic...

shaun4411
5/8/2008, 05:01 PM
Def Comedy Jam has been showing new episodes and I watched the other night just to hear some of the newer standup and all I got was old Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and even Bill Cosby jokes(told with f bombs)....The only guy that made me laugh was Russell Peters

russel peters is great!

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 05:17 PM
Nonresponsive. If everything is so equal, all us crackers should have no problem saying we'd rather be black in the US of A because of all the extra benefits we'd get. Any takers?Your nonresponsive as well. If I'm black, I deal with what I got, If I'm yella I deal with what I got. It happens to be, I'm white, and I deal with what I got. I dont have a UCCF, a CET or any other kinda **** like that. So, you tell me. Why does any other race of people need anything different than what I get.

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 05:34 PM
To be fair just about every other month is white history month... look at your history book how many people are black. I still think black history month is ghey, but I'm just sayin.

Also Lisa Lampanelli has no problem saying the N word and she is a white comic...

Kinda of the same thing with BET. There are white entertainment networks, they're called NBC, CBS, and ABC. Still hate the BET, but again, I'm just saying.

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 05:41 PM
Kinda of the same thing with BET. There are white entertainment networks, they're called NBC, CBS, and ABC. Still hate the BET, but again, I'm just saying.and there are no minority in any of the shows on these channels? c'mon, be for real.

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 05:42 PM
And Eminem isn't on BET, c'mon, be for real

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 05:44 PM
And Eminem isn't on BET, c'mon, be for realM&m's a cracka:confused:

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 05:55 PM
M&m's a cracka:confused:

I think so. Damn it, got me second guessing my self, to WIKI!

Edit: HE IS!!! I WIN!!!!

One token white guy on BET probably equals one token black guy on each of the networks. ICE-T, Black guy from Scrubs, CSI Brown, I am looking at you!

KC//CRIMSON
5/8/2008, 07:07 PM

I've never heard her use the N word, but she did say she's had more black d*** than the mens bathroom at the Apollo Theater.:D

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 08:41 PM
I've never heard her use the N word, but she did say she's had more black d*** than the mens bathroom at the Apollo Theater.:D

Hell I thought she did. Either way she makes fun of people form all races with no problems... all I was saying

def_lazer_fc
5/8/2008, 08:44 PM
I guess somebody gave Carlos Mencia a free pass on all of those jokes

too be fair, most of those jokes aren't even his to begin with.

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 08:50 PM
Why does any other race of people need anything different than what I get.

Because you've got something different than what they get.

Soonerus
5/8/2008, 08:51 PM
I have to agree with OLE ( I was required to say that after he kicked my A in Hold'em the other night)

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 08:51 PM
Because you've got something different than what they get.

A little pecker?

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 09:05 PM
Because you've got something different than what they get.Which is what(besides a little pecker):confused:

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 09:09 PM
Which is what(besides a little pecker):confused:

All the advantages of not having centuries of slavery, mistreatment, and poverty as baggage?

Are there economic differences between whites and blacks in the country? If so, why do you think that is--eugenics?

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 09:19 PM
All the advantages of not having centuries of slavery, mistreatment, and poverty as baggage?

Are there economic differences between whites and blacks in the country? If so, why do you think that is--eugenics?

Not all Blacks are decended from Former slaves
Just sayin
But For those that are . Are you saying just cause their ancesters were once slaves . They Done need to Be P.C. ?
And That Me Being the decendant Of a Bunch of folks who never owned a Mule let alone a Slave . Has to be ?

A black man gets the shat beat outta im By some white Guys . Thats Racist and a Human rights violation. Plus the added penalty Of a Hate crime .
A white Boy On the wrong side Of tulsa gets the shat stomped outta him by Black folks
and Hes just a dumbass .
Thats My point

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 09:20 PM
too be fair, most of those jokes aren't even funny to begin with.

Fixed ;)

MojoRisen
5/8/2008, 09:42 PM
I am not a fan of any public policy that recognizes race as an advantage or disadvantage in todays world. Afirmitive Action is wrong

I have no issues with Racial Awarness either - but when it comes to who gets a job or a scholly or admittance based on race and not merrit- is wrong even under the constitution.

I am all for Private Schools, Private Business - all that stuff is garbage and I can tell you being in the People Placement business - there is always maybe one in 10 that will pull the FMLA and just split on a job or sue or some crap based on being let go for doing a shatty job.

Other than that I think racism is pretty much dead in the IT professional world. Black, White, Indian, Chinese, korean it doesn't matter if you are professional and can do the work..... Afirmitive action is dead and needs to be gone.

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 09:48 PM
Not all Blacks are decended from Former slaves
Just sayin
But For those that are . Are you saying just cause their ancesters were once slaves . They Done need to Be P.C. ?

And That Me Being the decendant Of a Bunch of folks who never owned a Mule let alone a Slave . Has to be ?

I think Chuck Bao summed it up the best: You can choose the high road or the low road.

And can we please put to rest the myth that only minorities and dirty libz are responsible for PC? Any thin-skinned Christian who throws a hissy fit any time somebody wishes him "Happy Holidays" is just as guilty.

A black man gets the shat beat outta im By some white Guys . Thats Racist and a Human rights violation. Plus the added penalty Of a Hate crime .
A white Boy On the wrong side Of tulsa gets the shat stomped outta him by Black folks
and Hes just a dumbass .
Thats My point

I think the whole concept of "hate crime" is stupid. Somebody getting different jail time based on the color of their skin is wrong. But what's the harm in Black History Month? Are you really missing out by not being able to use the N word whenever you want? As for the United Negro College Fund, let's add up the scholarship dollars given to white students and black students and see who comes out ahead.

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 09:51 PM
Other than that I think racism is pretty much dead in the IT professional world.

Once you get through college I don't think race/income matters anymore. At least it shouldn't. If we want to do more than give lip service to this being the land of opportunity, we need to focus on education.

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 09:51 PM
This thread Made me hungry
so I had some Fried chicken.

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 09:58 PM
I think Chuck Bao summed it up the best: You can choose the high road or the low road. I don't get it:confused:

And can we please put to rest the myth that only minorities and dirty libz are responsible for PC? Any thin-skinned Christian who throws a hissy fit any time somebody wishes him "Happy Holidays" is just as guilty. Uhmm..isn't the reason for saying "Happy Holidays", to be PC?:confused:

I think the whole concept of "hate crime" is stupid. Somebody getting different jail time based on the color of their skin is wrong. But what's the harm in Black History Month? Are you really missing out by not being able to use the N word whenever you want? As for the United Negro College Fund, let's add up the scholarship dollars given to white students and black students and see who comes out ahead. If were talking pound for pound, I betcha whitey comes in last;)

tommieharris91
5/8/2008, 10:31 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

It took 4 pages for this???

MR2-Sooner86
5/8/2008, 10:53 PM

Well lets look at something most people kind of go over. Blacks started slavery. Yes, even though the Jesse Jacksons like to tell us the evil white man did it, blacks started the slave trade. They enslaved their own kind, took them to the shores, and sold them to white Europeans. So slavery as an excuse goes right back to them.

Mistreatment? Hmmm just like the Indians, Italians, Jews, Irish, and Chinese? If you look you can see a whole lot of races that didn't have puppy dogs and rainbows when it came to hardships.

Also, poverty as baggage? Give me a ****ing break. Bill Cosby, Oprah, George Washington Carver, Jackie Robinson, and that's just to name a drop in the bucket.

If blacks have such a hard time, why don't all these NFL, NBA, and rap stars give some of their "hard earned" millions back to the streets where they came from to better their race?

Yes there is a difference, blacks are poor and bitter. Yeah, calling me a racist doesn't make it any less true. I know it, you know it, and everybody here knows it. Nobody will say it though because they're too damn scared about being labled a racist for stating the obvious.

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 10:58 PM
I aint Skeered, I also Had some beans Didnt want anyone to feel left Out

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 11:05 PM
I aint Skeered, I also Had some beans Didnt want anyone to feel left OutWere they refried, or navy?

olevetonahill
5/8/2008, 11:10 PM
Were they refried, or navy?

Reheated
I made em in the Crock pot the other day
Gonna add some rice tommorrow
I should Have Most covered by that .;)

Fraggle145
5/8/2008, 11:47 PM
greens?

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 11:49 PM
greens?cornbread and fried tater's?

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 11:53 PM
cornbread and fried tater's?

French fried taters!

http://www.cinekklesia.com/images/articles/SlingBlade_mt.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
5/9/2008, 12:08 AM
French fried taters!

http://www.cinekklesia.com/images/articles/SlingBlade_mt.jpg

Mmmhmm.

SouthFortySooner
5/9/2008, 01:24 AM
I'm kinda feelin the serious, but, the heartfelt just ain't there. :cool:

yermom
5/9/2008, 01:56 AM
ok, i'm not sure how to caption this, other than "wow"

WG7U1QsUd1g

stoops the eternal pimp
5/9/2008, 08:28 AM
Were they refried, or navy?

Navy beans.
Navy beans.
Navy beans.
Hogies and grinders.
Hogies and grinders.
Navy beans.
Navy beans.
Meatloaf sandwich.
Sloppy joe.
Slop, sloppy joe.
Sloppy joe.
Slop, sloppy joe.
Come on.
Sloppy joe.
Slop, sloppy joe.
Yeah.
Sloppy joe.
Slop, *farting noise* joe.

sooneron
5/9/2008, 10:05 AM
This thread is interesting to say the least.
A few questions-
Why do white people seem to feel left out by not being able to say ******?
Do most of you actually believe that MOST black people use that word? Yeah, I get it, you saw some dudes saying it on tv or heard it on a rap cd, therefore, all AAs must be saying it. :rolleyes: A LOT of rap today is playing to a low common denominator- like much of pop culture. I can guarantee you that any black person that lived through the 60's doesn't use ****** as a term of affection. If any did or do, they are ignorant. Why do white people want to come off as ignorant? Why are some of you so insulted and feel put upon that you can't use a word that some kids on the street are using amongst themselves?
Why do you care that there is a UNCF? Srsly?
Why do you care that there is BET? Oh yeah, the proliferation of black entertainment on the major networks is outta control these day! :rolleyes: As someone pointed out, you have the black dude pretty boys on some of the crime dramas, but there aren't that many out there. Yeah, I know Jesse L Martin got replaced with a more portly sidekick, but whatever.

Do you really think that black people or hispanics have it so good that this bears bitching about?

Yermom, that video depressed the hell out of me. It shows that the black race has a lot to work through. I'm not being a bleeding heart because a lot of what needs to be done, needs to come from within. That vid almost made me well up for those kids.

sooneron
5/9/2008, 10:07 AM
Oh, I love ya vet, but wtf is so heartfelt about not getting to say ******, chink, spic or whatever?

JohnnyMack
5/9/2008, 10:45 AM
Well lets look at something most people kind of go over. Blacks started slavery. Yes, even though the Jesse Jacksons like to tell us the evil white man did it, blacks started the slave trade. They enslaved their own kind, took them to the shores, and sold them to white Europeans. So slavery as an excuse goes right back to them.

The practice of slavery predates the actual Atlantic slave trade by many milleniums. Humans have been enslaving one another in different cultures for so long it was certainly not something that "Blacks started". I'd safely guess that for more than 4,000 years humans having been practicing slavery. Did African cultures/kingdoms practice slavery? Yes. Just as countless other societies all across the globe did. Now when the Spanish were on their exploration/colonization kick, they happened to land in Africa and did in fact begin what would become the Atlantic slave trade that you were referring to. They bartered for slaves, took them to their colonies in modern day South America & the Caribbean (and eventually up through North America). The rulers of these African regions realized that they could either be conquered or that they could trade slaves for goods. But they certainly weren't set up on the coastline, sitting in a chair with a sign that said, "Slaves 4 Sale" waiting for the Spanish to arrive.

Yes there is a difference, blacks are poor and bitter. Yeah, calling me a racist doesn't make it any less true. I know it, you know it, and everybody here knows it. Nobody will say it though because they're too damn scared about being labled a racist for stating the obvious.

You ever ask yourself why blacks in this country are poorer than whites? Do you get why the socio-economic status of blacks is on average lower than that of whites?

SouthFortySooner
5/9/2008, 12:07 PM
You ever ask yourself why blacks in this country are poorer than whites? Do you get why the socio-economic status of blacks is on average lower than that of whites?

There are too many reasons to list, but as an employer I think lack of diction would be first reason not to hire a young black person. Ok. Now that its been stated, do you think young black people are going to apply themselves to better diction? No, "their", society doesn't think its needful.

JohnnyMack
5/9/2008, 12:47 PM
There are too many reasons to list, but as an employer I think lack of diction would be first reason not to hire a young black person. Ok. Now that its been stated, do you think young black people are going to apply themselves to better diction? No, "their", society doesn't think its needful.

Kinda like NINA?

badger
5/9/2008, 01:19 PM
Just saying "N word" is stupid.

It's like using the F word, the B word, the S word or any other words... you can be creative and use other words, or you can use the same words everyone else uses.

Take SF.com for example. We don't use bad words like S***, or B**** or ******s *******s. Here, we use shizzle, or beyonce, or ******* ********.

Yet another reason why Sooners are smarter than the average Internet community :D

Viking Kitten
5/9/2008, 01:51 PM
It's like using the F word, the B word, the S word or any other words... you can be creative and use other words, or you can use the same words everyone else uses.

Take SF.com for example. We don't use bad words like S***, or B**** or ******s *******s. Here, we use shizzle, or beyonce, or ******* ********.

Yet another reason why Sooners are smarter than the average Internet community :D

Like "intra-vaginal-cleansing-receptacle"?

JohnnyMack
5/9/2008, 01:52 PM
Plunger rape.

Don't forget that one.

OklahomaRed
5/9/2008, 02:11 PM

I'll take it. My 14 year old wishes he was black, not to wear his underwear low, or to listen to hip-hop, but to play basketball. He's actually said it. Now tell me there is some big discrimination going on when a teenager would wish he were black? I'm with Yermom, it's not about race anymore, it's about whether or not your daddy has money. :D

JohnnyMack
5/9/2008, 02:15 PM
History lesson here.

Is it going to be as informative as your slavery discussion? :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2008, 02:15 PM
Uh oh, going around the filter is a big no-no.

DE will be along shortly. I suggest you beat the rush, head to the store, get a pack of Bicycles, cause you're about to have to GADOCADWI.

mdklatt
5/9/2008, 02:20 PM
:pop:

That's just some flat out stupid **** right there.

What a bundle of sticks.

OklahomaRed
5/9/2008, 02:25 PM
Another one I'd take is to figure out some stinkin' way I could get my Indian card. Heck, free school, free healthcare, good job with the tribe and discriminatory status over "whitey" so that my word is taken over theirs first cause I'm 1/128th indian. I'm fine with giving every race some more time to "equalize" themselves with whitey, but back to my question, how much time do they need? 100 more years? Let's set some frickin' time limit on these free handouts and quotas so we can get own with our lives and quit worrying about being racist or not. Just having to worry about it is holding our country back. We need to get over it and move on. Go to college then go to work, or just frickin' go to work. Quit waiting on someone else to fix YOUR problems.

OklahomaRed
5/9/2008, 02:30 PM
Just to set myself apart from MR2. No, they are not where they are because they are:

"Lazy? Bitter? They still feel entitled for something? Little man syndrome is still there? Am I getting closer?"

What is necessary is some true leadership versus listening to the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. The bad thing is, anytime a black leader does step up aka. Bill Cosby, they get beat down by the ruling group still waiting on whitey to fix their problems.

The statement above is getting pretty close, if not crossing the line in being a racist.

Just my opinion. :D

mdklatt
5/9/2008, 02:31 PM
Go to college then go to work

This is the crux of the problem. How do you get to college when you have no money, go to a crappy school, and have either no peer pressure or negative peer pressure about going to college? You're competing with all the rich kids who, even if they aren't as smart as you, went to a good school, have a positive environment at home, are less likely to have to an after school job, can afford to go to SAT prep courses, etc.

olevetonahill
5/9/2008, 02:42 PM
Oh, I love ya vet, but wtf is so heartfelt about not getting to say ******, chink, spic or whatever?

I cant Remember the Last time I said N in a derogitory manner towards any one
I do Like a Good Joke tho .
AS to My ? I still basicly wanta Know WHY Whitey gota Be and No one else Do?
Plus I just Kinda like stirrin **** up. And the Civil War Topic is worn Out . :D :pop:

OklahomaRed
5/9/2008, 02:44 PM
Same way I did. Work, borrow the money, apply for whatever scholarships and/or grants you can get, and study your as# off. Take summer classes and 19 hours a semester to get through faster. I'm simply saying that minorities have more access to grants, scholarships, and loans than the same financially classed white person does. I also work in the medical community and I can promise you minorities are very well represented in our community. With that said, even though they make more money than say a white electrician, their son/daughter still has a leg up on them when it comes to applying for college and scholarships/grants.

I can go for the environment arguement. I agree with that. Back to a question I've asked before; how many generations does it take before this is no longer an arguement?

Viking Kitten
5/9/2008, 02:50 PM
It seems odd to me that Jim Crow laws were still in effect during the lifetimes of a good many people on this board, and yet so many people here think somehow, suddenly it's just all good now. It's not.

We're still dealing with the aftermath of culturally ingrained, legally sanctioned racism. Blaming white or black slavetraders from 400 years ago won't make it go away. Pretending the issue isn't there won't make it go away. Most intelligent people, white and black, believe education, specifically higher education, is the answer to lingering effects of the racial divide in this country. It's going to take a few generations.

How to best make quality education a reality for all people, regardless of race, is what we should be debating.

mdklatt
5/9/2008, 03:02 PM
How to best make quality education a reality for all people, regardless of race or income, is what we should be debating.

Fixed, and amen.

SouthFortySooner
5/9/2008, 03:08 PM
It's going to take a few generations.

VK, people were sayin this a "few generations" ago. We are dealing with a "race" here with a culture unto themselves. It is up to the individual of any race to recognize the will to "succeed".

Viking Kitten
5/9/2008, 03:55 PM
I don't believe I ever said individual will isn't the biggest part of success.

What I am saying is that anyone who doesn't believe there is still a racial divide in this country 44 years after the "official" end of Jim Crow has their head shoved up their a**.

I also believe the gap is closing and that's an awesome thing.

yermom
5/9/2008, 04:02 PM
in some ways it's closing...

i guess it depends on what you mean by "racial divide"

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/9/2008, 04:30 PM
She means interracial love making YWIA VK

Chuck Bao
5/9/2008, 04:43 PM
She means interracial love making YWIA VK

1000% agree. Spek.

No matter what we profess and all good intentions aside, as long as the whole mate with your own kind is still there, it is still there.

Although I did say that "it" is a clown car in another thread, I'm going to say that bi-racial kids are pretty darn cute.

olevetonahill
5/9/2008, 04:48 PM
1000% agree. Spek.

No matter what we profess and all good intentions aside, as long as the whole mate with your own kind is still there, it is still there.

Although I did say that "it" is a clown car in another thread, I'm going to say that bi-racial kids are pretty darn cute.

But Ya gotta admit that Biracial children are Treated worse In Most asian Cultures than any Minority In America.

Chuck Bao
5/9/2008, 05:04 PM
But Ya gotta admit that Biracial children are Treated worse In Most asian Cultures than any Minority In America.

I'd very much like to say no to that. But, I can't. I have no personal experience as the product of a mixed marriage.

I DO think that in Thailand, kids from mixed parentage are not discrimated against. They are incredibly beautiful and some get jobs as models.

I also know some whose father are African-American from the Vietnam War era and they have faced some discrimation and hardship.

Overall, at least in Thailand, it is not the children that suffer so much and actually many thrive and excel in a dual cultural upbringing. It is the wives that face discrimation, particularly when traveling overseas. It is quite unfortunate, but it is true.

This is just Thailand and I think Thailand has one of the more open-minded cultures in Asia.

Scott D
5/9/2008, 05:05 PM

hell olevet, we aren't treated all that great in a lot of situations here in America. But yeah, I had more than a few friends that were black or white father with filipino or vietnamese mother. And basically the mothers in many cases were dead to their families.

Chuck Bao
5/9/2008, 05:19 PM
Almost all of my American / European friends here have Thai wives and bi-racial children. I can say very clearly that any negative remarks would be considered very, very inappropriate.

For Thailand, the discrimation would be more apparent outside Thailand than inside.

Take it a step further, Nope returned home this weekend to sponsor of his nephew's wedding.

Frozen Sooner
5/9/2008, 05:32 PM
I've purposefully stayed out of this discussion.

I'm hopping back in to make the following statement:

If a word is on the word filter, you can assume it's for a reason. Sometimes, that reason is because that word annoys RW. Other times, the presence of that word on a website accessed from someone's work can add SF.com to a list of banned sites.

If a racial epithet is on the banned list, you can assume the latter is the reason. Please do not attempt to circumvent the filter.

soonerinabilene
5/9/2008, 05:38 PM
If a word is on the word filter, you can assume it's for a reason. Sometimes, that reason is because that word annoys RW. .

Yeah, even though he was a preacher, I wouldnt want to make Reggie White mad either.

Frozen Sooner
5/9/2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, even though he was a preacher, I wouldnt want to make Reggie White mad either.

Reggie White did have the gift of hurting quarterbacks.

And speaking of people who said some racist crap...

Chuck Bao
5/9/2008, 05:51 PM
...um what?

Halfbacks? One-Eighth backs? One-Sixteenth backs? Ridgebacks?

Frozen Sooner
5/9/2008, 07:09 PM
Reggie spouted off a bunch of stereotypes in an address to the Wisconsin legislature.

StoopTroup
5/9/2008, 07:53 PM
If I have to be sensitive to what I say to people....

Then why do I have to listen to my neighbor play music my kids can't purchase ( shouldn't be exposed to) without my consent from 4 houses down the street on a Friday Night?

I'd like to go over there and kick the **** out of them right now.

Plus there is a very nice elderly lady living right next them.

I'm sure she appreciates them playing that **** at full volume.

PhilTLL
5/9/2008, 08:01 PM
If I have to be sensitive to what I say to people....

Then why do I have to listen to my neighbor play music my kids can't purchase ( shouldn't be exposed to) without my consent from 4 houses down the street on a Friday Night?

I'd like to go over there and kick the **** out of them right now.

Plus there is a very nice elderly lady living right next them.

I'm sure she appreciates them playing that **** at full volume.

You don't have to. Call in a noise complaint.

StoopTroup
5/9/2008, 08:05 PM
I thought they wouldn't do anything until 11pm now?

MojoRisen
5/9/2008, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=.

How to best make quality education a reality for all people, regardless of race, is what we should be debating.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, whole heartedly- with the exception of the ebonics BS comp.

The biggest problem in shiatty schools is literacy - no matter the race. The new Math Test for no child left behing has a lot of reading comprehension behind it. It takes time but if a kid can read hardly in the 8 grade he is screwed.

Look at what they are doing in South America - Venezuala - spell check

All those kids can play the damn VIolin and helps in reading the whole 9 yards and gives them some hope in one of the worst Ghetto's in the world.

Something to be said about that - I think 300K kids can play an instrument now down there.

sooneron
5/9/2008, 08:52 PM
I thought they wouldn't do anything until 11pm now?

Have you gone to ... I don't know "ask" them to turn it down?

mdklatt
5/9/2008, 09:18 PM

Why do you want StoopTroup to get a cap busted in his ***? :D

MojoRisen
5/9/2008, 09:26 PM
Bringem em some OE and aksem to chill out on the loudness.

sooneron
5/9/2008, 09:27 PM
Why do you want StoopTroup to get a cap busted in his ***? :D

I'm sure that doLeo and yermom are perfectly harmless.

KC//CRIMSON
5/10/2008, 10:43 AM
I DO think that in Thailand, kids from mixed parentage are not discrimated against. They are incredibly beautiful and some get jobs as models.

or become the greatest golf player on the planet.;)

jkjsooner
5/10/2008, 11:37 AM
Absolutely, and I would would like to see all racial preferences abandoned in favor of income-based preferences. But there's a pretty big correlation between how much money you have and what color your daddy is. Until that disparity goes away, we will not have racial equality.

I absolutely agree that any preference should be income based. You would achieve the same results in a much less devisive way. I'm not saying it's right but by separating us by race we simply increase the tension between the groups. I would argue it's more counter-productive than productive.

Why should the children of the American Express CEO be considered disadvantaged and preferred over the poor white kid who grew up in a trailer park in rural West Virginia? If we're going to give preferential treatment it should go to those who really need it. In so many cases the disadvantaged minorities would be the ones to benefit.

In the long run we need to attack the problems at the source. Rather than adjusting test scores/etc we need to fix the problems within our inner city schools. I don't know how to do that but more equitable funding would be a good start. There no reason the rich suburbs should be able to take advantage of all that the cities offer them yet provide little to help fund the city's schools.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/11/2008, 02:37 PM
White people dislike black people because we spend hundreds of dollars trying to get a nice tan and they don't have to...okay the truth is now out there :P

Sooner_Bob
5/13/2008, 07:26 AM

yes it does . . .

SoonerBorn68
5/13/2008, 07:58 AM

The other day we're out cleaning up the trash along the outside of our back fence when the crack heads from across the alley pulled up, cranked up their music (from a crappy stock car radio no less) and went inside their apartment. I felt compelled to drive my truck back to the alley & crank up my system as loud as it'll go. The kids had a Hanna Montana CD in there so I thought I'd share it with the neighborhood. He came out & turned his **** off & cussed at me.

We've had no more noise problems from them.

JohnnyMack
5/13/2008, 08:40 AM
It's OK, we know it was your Hanna Montana CD, we don't think any less of you.

SoonerBorn68
5/13/2008, 08:55 AM
It's OK, we know it was your Hanna Montana CD, we don't think any less of you.

By the time your kids get old enough Miley Cyrus will be going through a mid life crisis. God help you on the crap your kids are going to listen to. :D