5/7/2008, 10:26 PM
The face of hope!

SoonerBorn68
5/7/2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks/obamarxist.gif

Brought...

JohnnyMack
5/8/2008, 09:12 AM
Oh if I could do photoshop, and I had a picture of you, I'd be all putting your picture in there and saying, "And The Dumbass Is...", but I ain't got nuthin' beyond MadPaintSkillz.

Consider yourself lucky.

My Opinion Matters
5/8/2008, 09:15 AM
You know what this country needs? Ant overlords.

SoonerProphet
5/8/2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/lelong2.html

JohnnyMack
5/8/2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/lelong2.html

Questioning the cause of 911 is the modern American Intellectual Inquisition equivalent of heresy.

Hot Rod
5/8/2008, 10:04 AM
..."If you smell what Barack is cookin"

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 10:06 AM
The face of a dope!

Fixed.

SoonerBorn68
5/8/2008, 10:16 AM
Oh if I could do photoshop, and I had a picture of you, I'd be all putting your picture in there and saying, "And The Dumbass Is...", but I ain't got nuthin' beyond MadPaintSkillz.

Consider yourself lucky.

http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks/jmda.JPG

stoopified
5/8/2008, 04:15 PM
Fixed.Amen

Okla-homey
5/8/2008, 06:30 PM
He won't need to bring much on actually. Like Paul Begala said today, the votes of eggheads and black folks aren't enough to beat JSM.

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 06:45 PM
He won't need to bring much on actually. Like Paul Begala said today, the votes of eggheads and black folks aren't enough to beat JSM.

I think you've got that messed up. "Egghead" means smart.

Okla-homey
5/8/2008, 06:52 PM
I think you've got that messed up. "Egghead" means smart.

egghead in the luminatii, glitteratti, limousine liberal, and Hollywood sense. You know, educated rich folks who don't actually "work" and stuff.

I'm not worried about the hip-cat youngsters. They never vote in significant numbers anyway. The problem he'll have, is the AARP crowd will be skeered of him. As well they should.

I predict its going to be like Nixon v. McGovern all over again.:D

shaun4411
5/8/2008, 06:57 PM
i forsee mccain taking home the bacon. he'll grab most of th independent vote.

VeeJay
5/8/2008, 07:02 PM
I'm not worried about the hip-cat youngsters. They never vote in significant numbers anyway.

True dat. If Monday election eve is a big drinking night on most college campuses, or Radiohead has a fresh new release, there ain't gonna be a big turnout on Election Day. Political activism is in now; by November the attention span will be over and on to the next wave of mis-fires.

Okla-homey
5/8/2008, 07:03 PM
i forsee mccain taking home the bacon. he'll grab most of th independent vote.

It'll be a tough slog, but JSM will get it done. In the end, BHO is just too far left. Once again, the donks nominate a guy whose main appeal is to uberlibz. They win with moderates like WJC. They lose with Humphrey, McGovern, Dukakis, and Kerry. Clear off some shelf space to add one more to that shelf of ultra-lib losers.

soonerscuba
5/8/2008, 07:14 PM
6 months is a policial eternity. We'll see, I have a feeling that Obama is custom built for the general election; he raises money easier than any candidate I can remember and can count on 15% of population outright, and should swing at least what Kerry pulled in 2004, he's certainly within striking distance. However, McCain is a good man, crazy and choc o' block with bad policy, but I never count a good man out. At very minimum, Gitmo's days are numbered, and we are minus one Bush, so it's going to be a net win for me regardless.

Chuck Bao
5/8/2008, 07:29 PM
I'm predicting that the economy will further tank and McCain isn't offering anything new. More of Bush administration isn't an attractive offer. Obama wins and brings back the confidence and hope of the everyday working person.

shaun4411
5/8/2008, 07:37 PM
all this talk about the tanking economy. and here i am normal middle class fella not being terribly affected by it, still maintaining regular spending habits.

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 07:41 PM
The economy is tanked? Dang, nobody tells me about this ****. Where do I go to give away my money and join the soup kitchen line?

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 07:48 PM
The economy is tanked? Dang, nobody tells me about this ****. Where do I go to give away my money and join the soup kitchen line?Contact Obama for the money thang. As for the soup line, go down to the Jesus House, if their still aloud to call it that.

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 07:49 PM
The economy is tanked? Dang, nobody tells me about this ****. Where do I go to give away my money and join the soup kitchen line?

Just send it over my way. I am still being punished for my horrible financial decision of going to college. Knew I should have got a mortgage I couldn't afford instead of going to college, then all that debt I accrued would be magically whipped away by the gobment man. Well, back to looking for jobs to pay off my college debt, man I am glad the economy is doing so great, otherwise I might have a hard time finding a job.:rolleyes:

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 08:05 PM
Just send it over my way. I am still being punished for my horrible financial decision of going to college. Knew I should have got a mortgage I couldn't afford instead of going to college, then all that debt I accrued would be magically whipped away by the gobment man. Well, back to looking for jobs to pay off my college debt, man I am glad the economy is doing so great, otherwise I might have a hard time finding a job.:rolleyes:

Gee, this whole life without God thing really rocks, huh?

def_lazer_fc
5/8/2008, 08:18 PM

??:confused:

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 08:23 PM
??:confused:

Keep up. In some other thread he claims to be an atheist.

SoonerBorn68
5/8/2008, 08:28 PM
I'm predicting that the economy will further tank and McCain isn't offering anything new. More of Bush administration isn't an attractive offer. Obama wins and brings back the confidence and hope of the everyday working person.

Just out of curiosity, do you pay any U.S. taxes?...as in federal or state income tax?

Sooner_Havok
5/8/2008, 10:27 PM

Oh you got me. Ouch. Because it is so apparent that "God" takes care of his believers huh. I guess all those poor kids in Africa that converted to Christianity and are now starving to death just didn't believe in "God" enough huh? Same with the people dying down in South America right? Or do they not worship the right Christian "God"? Maybe "God" just wanted those people back in heaven quicker right? Or does "God" love those forced to worship him under the Roman sword better than he he loves those forced to worship him under the Spanish musket?

Whatever, get this thread locked too, I really don't give a flying ****.

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2008, 11:15 PM
http://www.winaround.com/forums/images/smilies/beatdeadhorse.gif

Chuck Bao
5/9/2008, 05:48 AM

Okay, times may not be tough for you, Dean. And, I’m really happy about that. But, it is really bad out there for a lot of folks. Maybe they deserve it or maybe they don’t. The net effect is that it still affects all of us.

Basically, I don’t pay much attention to what people say. I pay more attention to what they do. The measures adopted by the US Fed speaks volumes about the depth of the problem facing the US economy.

The facts are:

1) This is the worst financial crisis to hit the US financial industry since the Great Depression.

2) The world's largest financial institutions reported at least $321 billion in asset write downs and credit losses related to the U.S. housing market. Thus far, these financial institutions have raised or announced plans to raise capital of $245 billion. More write downs and certainly more capital raising will be needed.

3) Almost one in three homes sold through next year will be a foreclosed property. Why build anything new?

4) The median price for a US home fell 7.7% from a year earlier, according to the National Association of Realtors. According to some experts, there is no stabilization of the housing market in sight. Further falls in housing prices will force more and more people to default on their mortgages.

5) US Fed chairman, Ben Beranke, is taking very unusual steps in advocating financial institutions to allow debt forgiveness so that the mortgage market and home defaults won’t significantly worsen further in a downward spiral. Meanwhile, Congress is currently trying to pass new legislation that offers guarantees for the remaining balance if financial institutions go ahead with an immediate haircut. Folks, these are desperation measures.

6) The US government is not in a position to offer much more stimulative measures or tax breaks.

7) The US Fed is not in a position to further lower interest rates without seriously weakening the dollar and further fanning inflation. Actually, central banks around the world are starting to raise interest rates to combat inflation. So, the further weakening of the dollar is probably inevitable.

8) The US dollar is steadily losing its place as the world’s major currency reserve. There is a huge glut of money in the world financial system, largely from petro dollars from the Middle East and sovereignty funds from Asia. However, these funds are not stabilizing the system. They are destabilizing it. They are increasingly switching to non-dollar assets and particularly commodities, further driving prices.

9) Ignoring the short-term speculative appeal, there is little doubt in my mind that the shift in the global economic growth and resource allocation from developed to developing countries will continue to put further pressure on prices of energy, food and other commodities. This trend will not change.

10) I have no special insight, except I did go through the Asian economic crisis 10 years ago. A couple of years into that mess, I had dinner with the main Thai government official in charge of trying to restore the financial system. His opinion at that time was funny to me, but I think he had a point. He said that it would have been better for there to have been a war and destroyed every thing in the country, that way everyone can start building again and get the economy going again. He preferred that to the situation where the country was already built up and nobody can afford any of it. I don’t know if that makes sense, but it does to me.

Just out of curiosity, do you pay any U.S. taxes?...as in federal or state income tax?

I don’t know why it should matter. But to directly answer your question, I still have part of my family farm and, yes, I do pay property taxes and state and US taxes.

Chuck Bao
5/9/2008, 06:08 AM
To answer another question not asked, no I shouldn't be entitled to get that $600 rebate check.

But if I do, I think I'll use it to buy art work from PG. I can't think of a better use of money.

I'm going to have to save a bit more to afford a Picasso original. That's next on my list, though.