PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least he's upfront with his extortion

Okla-homey
5/7/2008, 05:31 PM
:eek:

superdelegates indeed.

Hillary, Barack, want my vote? Just $20 million, please

May 7, 3:45 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - What will it take for a Democratic presidential candidate to win the support of California superdelegate Steven Ybarra?

Say, $20 million.

The Democratic National Committee member doesn't parse his words when it comes to what he wants from Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton - an ironclad promise to spend that heady amount to register Mexican-American voters and get them to the polls in November.

In a telephone interview Wednesday, he said he plans to remain undecided in the tight contest until "someone shows me the money."

When will he settle on a candidate?

"Nobody showed me any money yet," he said.

He's not kidding. To Ybarra, a Sacramento lawyer, the stakes are no less than winning the presidency in November.

He predicted that as many as 1.3 million Mexican-Americans could be added to voter rolls in New Mexico, Colorado, Florida and other swing states, a potentially decisive edge for the eventual Democratic nominee.

With that investment of funds, Mexican-Americans would realize Democratic leaders "care about us," Ybarra said, referring to Mexican-Americans.

Is $20 million a lot to ask?

In 2004, "they spent a billion to lose," he said.

Frozen Sooner
5/7/2008, 05:44 PM
How is that "extortion" any more than any other litmus test for a candidate?

He's telling them flat-out what policy they'll need to endorse to get his vote. It's not like he wants a check made out to him personally.

Harry Beanbag
5/7/2008, 06:51 PM
With that investment of funds, Mexican-Americans would realize Democratic leaders "care about us," Ybarra said, referring to Mexican-Americans.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/kenalovell/smileys/Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif :rolleyes:

Getem
5/7/2008, 10:28 PM
"care about our votes" is more like it

Scott D
5/8/2008, 08:15 AM
Why is it extortion? My demands are far greater for both candidates, and none of them will meet them.

OUDoc
5/8/2008, 08:32 AM
What a tool.

soonermix
5/8/2008, 10:00 AM
what happens when nobody "shows him the money" ?