PDA

View Full Version : Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech

Flagstaffsooner
5/7/2008, 12:25 PM
Now we know what thats about (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3384543)

ATLANTA -- Former Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=59) quarterback Joe Hamilton was charged with marijuana possession, driving under the influence of alcohol and hit-and-run early Tuesday, less than a week after he was hired as the school's assistant director of player personnel.
"The matter is under investigation," Georgia Tech athletic director Dan Radakovich said in a statement. "An appropriate action will be taken upon completion of the investigation."
Hamilton, 31, also was charged with having an open bottle of beer in his Ford Expedition when arrested by Georgia Tech police shortly after midnight. Hamilton remained at the Fulton County jail Tuesday afternoon, according to a spokeswoman at the jail.
Hamilton maintained he was innocent Tuesday night but apologized for the distraction the incident has caused.
"I apologize to the Georgia Tech community and my family," Hamilton told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "For the confusion and commotion -- the negative spotlight."
Hamilton was pulled over by an officer because his vehicle matched the description of a car involved in an alleged hit-and-run.
The officer smelled alcohol on Hamilton, who acknowledged he hit another car from behind, according to the police report. Hamilton failed a series of field sobriety tests, and the officer reported that he found the open bottle of beer and a marijuana cigarette in the vehicle's ash tray.
Hamilton recorded blood-alcohol contents of 0.193 and 0.199 in two tests, according to the police report. The legal limit in Georgia is 0.08.
Hamilton, one of Georgia Tech's most popular and successful quarterbacks, led the Yellow Jackets to the 1998 Atlantic Coast Conference championship and finished second in the 1999 Heisman Trophy balloting.
Hamilton's new job includes responsibilities in recruiting and serving players' needs.
The alleged hit-and-run collision occurred near the Georgia Tech campus. Charles Curry Jr. of Decatur told police he was stopped at a red light when he was hit from behind. Curry said the other motorist drove off.
A witness took down a license plate number that matched Hamilton's, according to the police report.
Curry's car is white, and Hamilton's black vehicle had white paint on its front bumper, according to the report.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:27 PM
Darn fine college qb...not the brightest guy

Flagstaffsooner
5/7/2008, 12:37 PM
Hamilton's new job includes responsibilities in recruiting and serving players' needs.
That just sounds dirty.;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:39 PM
sounds like a violation in more ways than one

olevetonahill
5/7/2008, 12:48 PM
Part of His Job is Taking Care Of Players NEEDS .
Hell Yaz

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:49 PM
I imagine that didnt help recruiting none...

olevetonahill
5/7/2008, 12:49 PM
That just sounds dirty.;)

Booze and Smoke , Whats wrong with that ? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:56 PM
as long as he didnt have to dress like this to meet players needs

http://www.tvguide.com/movies/dbpix/images/36956a.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 01:08 PM
I see he had to resign his job he had for 1 week...as the vet would say "good jorb joe"

swardboy
5/8/2008, 10:13 PM
..."shortly after midnight"....like my momma said, " nothing good happens after 6:00 pm."