PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read on former Baylor assistant

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:22 PM
messed up in my book (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3371852)

I feel bad for this guy...was asked to do something illegal and he gets punished for it

soonerfan28
5/8/2008, 08:16 AM
I think there were bigger issues then whether or not he was taping conversations. There was a player dead and another one that killed him. If a coach has nothing to hide then why would you worry about being taped. I would definitely like to see him get another chance.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 08:57 AM
I found Coach K's comments in the article interesting...Sorry Coach K, but if you asked me to do something illegal, I probably would do something to protect me also

soonerfan28
5/8/2008, 11:10 AM
I found Coach K's comments in the article interesting...Sorry Coach K, but if you asked me to do something illegal, I probably would do something to protect me also

The sad thing is that I've like Coach K and Duke for a long time, but I agree with your statement. It just makes you wonder how many coaches have something to hide.

Taxman71
5/8/2008, 01:16 PM
If the guy can coach, someone will hire him. He just needs to start from the bottom (high school?) and work his way up.

Ash
5/8/2008, 02:31 PM
If the guy can coach, someone will hire him. He just needs to start from the bottom (high school?) and work his way up.

Coaches are a tight knit group and he's been blacklisted. He might be able to work his way back up, but I doubt he ever gets back to NCAA Div-1 unless it's a charity move by somebody who reads this story. He's done in the current coaching community.

And Coach K's public image (in fact, the Duke program's public image) is one of the most manufactured and well maintained facades in America. Props to the Dookie PR machine that keeps that thing going. Hope they're getting some fat paychecks because they've earned it. Well, them and Dookie V, his personal ***-kissing media outlet.

Eielson
5/8/2008, 09:24 PM
I can somewhat understand what he did but I know why college coaches would want to not have him. He recorded a conversation he was having with the head coach. You can't do that! I would never take a coach that was recording conversations I had with him.

FroggyStyle22
5/11/2008, 07:11 PM
I can somewhat understand what he did but I know why college coaches would want to not have him. He recorded a conversation he was having with the head coach. You can't do that! I would never take a coach that was recording conversations I had with him.

Being a head coach does not absolve you from being a human being. We're talking about lying about someone that was murdered to cover the fact that the coach is a cheater. Again principles mean something. The fact that he can't get a job tells me that there is so much cheating going on that no one is willing to have him on their own staff for fear of getting turned in.