PDA

View Full Version : I wish the Cinci QB would get a 6th year

Blitzkrieg
5/7/2008, 11:07 AM
We could use the stress on our young defense early on. Stress makes you stronger, and healthier.

badger
5/7/2008, 11:49 AM
I'm sure this guy doesn't want him to:
http://www.blueandgold.com/images/photos/Image/players/headshots/jones_demetrius_4529.jpg
Everyone remember the name "Demetrius Jones?" Here, pictured in ND Irish mock turtleneck, Jones was slated to be the Irish starting QB in 2007. Then, the story pans out to be terrible for Jones and ND football and even overpaid Charlie Weis. After starting the opening game against... Georgia Tech, I think? Yeah, GT, Jones was benched for the backup, then even froshie porcupine got to play in that travesty of a game.

It gets better... Weis then said that he was planning to start golden boy Jimmy Clausen all along, but just waiting until he got healed. Jones was devastated that Weis didn't believe in him after all and as the story goes, Jones doesn't travel to Meatchicken the next weekend (another ND loss), Jones transfers to Cinci, and Clausen gets sacked a whole bunch while ND racks up the losses (but Weis continues racking up the dollars).

So anyway, I think Jones is eligible for this next season and should be the starter with 6th year guy out.

Anyway, Jones has shown how awful he is against sub par defenses, so I think we should face this guy instead. Weis has already broken his heart. Now our defense can break what's left of his spirit...

... not that I don't wish him well :)

soonerfan28
5/7/2008, 02:34 PM
I hope Jones has a good career. He seems like a good kid and he got a lil screwed by Weis. Just my opinion. Maybe he can skip the OU game. I think he'll be the starter next year.

sooneron
5/8/2008, 09:06 AM
It gets better... Weis then said that he was planning to start golden boy Jimmy Clausen all along, but just waiting until he got healed. Jones was devastated that Weis didn't believe in him after all and as the story goes, Jones doesn't travel to Meatchicken the next weekend (another ND loss), Jones transfers to Cinci, and Clausen gets sacked a whole bunch while ND racks up the losses (but Weis continues racking up the dollars).

You forgot about the part where the fat man didn't want to release Jones from his scholly.

:gary:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 09:14 AM
After all that...he stole his mojo also

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Sgk6IYWubxg/R1TiulZBDZI/AAAAAAAAAL4/v7UyfGL37bY/s320/austin3_7612.jpg

badger
5/8/2008, 09:54 AM
I was telling the abbrev. version of the story. I could have also mentioned how he hung out at some Illinois mid-major university while his former teammates were getting their butts handed to them on a Big House platter in Meatchicken and enrolled at that very university... only to be denied by Fat Man Weis, to which he eventually transferred to Cinci.

(btw, I like the Fat Man mantra. We should now call him "Fat Man" on all future references to Fat Man)

I don't wish Jones anything but the best, but this opportunity to trash Notre Dame once again arose inadvertently through this thread and I couldn't ignore it :D

DOWN WITH FAT MAN!