PDA

View Full Version : WE CAN MAKE THEM LOWER GAS PRICES!!!

soonerinabilene
5/7/2008, 08:13 AM
I got this off myspace, so it HAS to work!!!!:rolleyes:

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.
This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please .

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration.
Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united acti on.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas .
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work.
Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2..00 is super cheap. Me too! It is curre ntly $3.49 for regular unleaded in my town, Seattle.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.
With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit

someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.
But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point.
(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.
How long would all that take? If each of us posts this bulletin all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.
If this makes sense to you, please pass th
is message on. I suggest that we not buy f rom EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Join the jihad, because obviously the prices are 2 dollars high than 4 years ago for NO REASON AT ALL, and the companies can just lower them whenever they are forced to.:rolleyes:

OUDoc
5/7/2008, 08:17 AM
So I should give up on my oil company executive voodoo doll collection?

soonerinabilene
5/7/2008, 08:31 AM
So I should give up on my oil company executive voodoo doll collection?

Don't totally give up, but I would put it on the backburner while we execute this genious plan.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 08:43 AM
I love it that the oil execs are pictured as "the man" from the black exploitation movies of the 70s..bunch of old white men sit around laughing at the common folk

OUDoc
5/7/2008, 08:52 AM
I do hope they all die penniless. Is that bad?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 08:53 AM
I do hope they all die penisless. Is that bad?

Thats pretty bad

SoonerStormchaser
5/7/2008, 09:06 AM
Gee...don't buy from Exxon or Mobil!

DONE (since there's neither of these stations in Central Oklahoma anyways).

OUDoc
5/7/2008, 09:07 AM
Thats pretty bad

Then I'm glad I held back on how I really feel.:O

yermom
5/7/2008, 10:10 AM
I do hope they all die penniless, tomorrow. Is that bad?

now we're talking ;)

Chuck Bao
5/7/2008, 11:25 AM
I have had an idea for some time now. Since I’m not in investment banking, I haven’t gotten the chance to pitch my idea to Exxon. It’s a pity because it would have been great.

My idea is that every time you fill up your tank at an Exxon station, you get 100 shares in the company. That way, customers won’t feel so bad about paying $5 at the pump and get to share in the company’s bazillions in profits. The company gets loyal customers / shareholders, so it’s a win-win situation for everyone.

The local unit of Exxon (a.k.a. Esso) was listed on the Thai stock market yesterday. When I go visit the management, I’m going to tell them about it.

Fraggle145
5/7/2008, 11:59 AM
Dont these people know oil/gas companies trade gas amongst one another?

SoonerInKCMO
5/7/2008, 12:03 PM

Or that crude is a traded commodity and that no matter where they buy their gas, as long as total demand stays the same, prices aren't going down?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:04 PM
Im gonna start a chain email about how we can make them raise gas prices

soonerinabilene
5/7/2008, 12:05 PM
you sick bastage.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 12:16 PM
Im tired of only paying 3.49 a gallon! Its not fair to the rest of the world!

SoonerInKCMO
5/7/2008, 12:18 PM
Ooh! Maybe we can pay $9.00 like Norway does. That'd rmfo! ;)

royalfan5
5/7/2008, 12:34 PM

The concept of fungibility is a hard one to grasp for many people.

OUDoc
5/7/2008, 12:36 PM
The concept of fungibility is a hard one to grasp for many people.

Monistat will clear that up.

Animal Mother
5/7/2008, 04:42 PM
Monistat will clear that up.

A mountain in Switzerland will clear up athlete's foot?

ric311
5/7/2008, 05:24 PM
A mountain in Switzerland will clear up athlete's foot?

No, but apparently an island in the Caribbean can.

CORNholio
5/7/2008, 05:24 PM
Re: WE CAN MAKE THEM LOWER GAS PRICES!!!

How about telling all the hippies in the country to go fly a kite open up NWAR and the like to hassle free drilling. Seriously are you ever going to take a vacation to the barren tundra of Alaska thousands of miles from any town?
It's not like they would be wrecking your sandcastle while they rig up on Miami beach. Let them drill for domestic oil and maybe in a few years we could get a break on prices while aiding our own economy.

CORNholio
5/7/2008, 05:30 PM
If there was ever a place that oil should be recklessly produced it is in the barren tundra of Alaska's north slope. Thousands of miles from any populous, freeze your balls of weather that will never be seen by anybody not native to the area. It's a remote outpost that is perfect for some nature damaging land gouging.

soonerinabilene
5/7/2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, but what about the woolymammothcondordodobirds that live there?

85Sooner
5/7/2008, 08:15 PM
B.S. is all I can say. It wouldn't effect a thing.

tommieharris91
5/7/2008, 08:22 PM
ANWR drilling shoulda started about 5 years ago.

Jerk
5/7/2008, 08:45 PM
Won't work.

Tired of high gas prices? Quit buying Chinese crap at Wal-Mart.