PDA

View Full Version : Cybersnooping gone too far?

tommieharris91
5/6/2008, 05:16 PM
So I go to check my mail on Yahoo, and I see this:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=7684559

Seriously, how can doing this like twice a week be a bad thing? Ohh and the facebook page sampled is from someone in Norman.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 05:30 PM
In some school districts you can even find out what your kid is buying for lunch in the cafeteria. This isn't anything a parent couldn't find out by calling the school, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Trust but verify. Good advice for teenagers as well as Communist superpowers.

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 05:35 PM
So I go to check my mail on Yahoo, and I see this:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=7684559

Seriously, how can doing this like twice a week be a bad thing? Ohh and the facebook page sampled is from someone in Norman.

Hey Tommie why didnt you Play hold em with us .

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 05:38 PM
All these kids WILL fail out when they get to college because Mommy won't be riding their ***....

tommieharris91
5/6/2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Tommie why didnt you Play hold em with us .

This game is AJAX powered and requires javascript to be turned on.

:confused:

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 05:41 PM
So get Java
You was at the Table , wouldnt it let Ya play ?

tommieharris91
5/6/2008, 05:42 PM
So get Java
You was at the Table , wouldnt it let Ya play ?

Wanna try right now?

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 05:46 PM
Wanna try right now?

Lets go
Stoop and I cliped Rus fer a bunch lol

tommieharris91
5/6/2008, 05:48 PM
So it's doing the same thing it was last night. The arcade games that need Java work... :confused:

I cna haz JKM?

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 05:51 PM
So it's doing the same thing it was last night. The arcade games that need Java work... :confused:

Java != JavaScript

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 05:52 PM
Ya was there then Ya was gone ????????

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 05:54 PM

Whats it doing ?

Penguin
5/6/2008, 06:17 PM
The Central School district in Baton Rouge uses a similar system. My sister loves it because her kids never would tell her what grades they were getting.

There's a huge flaw, though. There's a time limit for the teachers to submit the grades. So, if the teacher doesn't put in the kids' grades in time, everybody's parents in the class gets an e-mail saying that their student got a zero on their test.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/6/2008, 06:26 PM
Ohh and the facebook page sampled is from someone in Norman.

And that someone is the daughter of a very good friend of mine.

Heh.

BigRedJed
5/6/2008, 06:32 PM
I think it's actually a GREAT idea, but I think the real-time aspects of it lend to parents being overzealous. That lady who is checking every day, highlighting test scores and putting them on her kids' beds needs to get a life. Or a job. That type of scrutiny is certain to backfire eventually.

I'd think it might be better if it provided weekly updates, or something of the sort, or at least actively discouraged parents from micro-managing to an extreme.

soonerboomer93
5/7/2008, 09:26 AM

I cna haz JKM?

goez to www.java.com and download the latest runtime version

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 09:44 AM
goez to www.java.com and download the latest runtime version

Java != JavaScript

Position Limit
5/7/2008, 12:13 PM
the mom sounds and looks bat****e crazy. but i would mos def hit it correctly.

crawfish
5/7/2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I use ParentConnect. Anybody who uses it daily is a nut, though...the teachers usually only update grade information once a week, and sometimes it takes them forever to correct missing or late assignments.

At one of our school meetings, we actually had a parent COMPLAIN because the teacher didn't update enough. Fortunately, a few other parents chimed in on how ridiculous it is to expect them to update it every day.