PDA

View Full Version : Do you regularly use ketchup?

royalfan5
5/6/2008, 04:54 PM
I don't. There a many far superior condiments in the universe. Like bacon for example.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 04:55 PM
I eat ketchup with virtually everything.

royalfan5
5/6/2008, 04:56 PM
I rest my case.

kbsooner21
5/6/2008, 04:57 PM
I can't stand the sh*t! Give me some mustard with my fries :D

SteelClip49
5/6/2008, 04:58 PM
you are a sissy if you put ketchup on a burger and hot dog.

Ketchup belongs with hashbrowns, meatloaf and fries.

I use organic ketchup. Regular ketchup is loaded with sugar and HFCS.

royalfan5
5/6/2008, 04:58 PM
I just noticed I voted in the wrong catergory. Good thing it's my pole.

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 05:01 PM
Hot Dogs and Fries .

stoops the eternal pimp
5/6/2008, 05:02 PM
I m glad butler didnt hit well last night or whoever was in the Royals lineup last night..Santana earned me mucho fantasy points last night

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 05:14 PM
Hot Dogs and Fries .

Neg spek this post please.

sooneron
5/6/2008, 05:17 PM
I hardly ever use it. Even on fries. Regular ketchup is the debbil as mentioned above. Why does ketchup need HFCS?
Organic actually tastes better, anywho.

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 05:18 PM
I hardly ever use it. Even on fries. Regular ketchup is the debbil as mentioned above. Why does ketchup need HFCS?
Organic actually tastes better, anywho.

Hippie.

Pricetag
5/6/2008, 05:28 PM
I use it on all manners of fried potatoes, and occasionally on pot roast if it isn't very high quality, but I avoid it otherwise. It tends to overwhelm the flavor of whatever you put it on rather than enhance it.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/6/2008, 05:31 PM
katchup is nasty.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 05:37 PM

You would. I'm sure the other people who answered "yes" along with you are kicking themselves right now.

Ketchup belongs on one and only one thing: french fries. Even then, if you have to use ketchup on your fries, go some place that has better fries. Like Braum's.

Using ketchup on eggs or poultry--even chicken nuggets--should be punishable by death.

Ketchup: the HFCS-infused retarded cousin of salsa.

Edit: A ketchup "crust" on meatloaf is also acceptable. But salsa would be better.

Fraggle145
5/6/2008, 06:06 PM
Organic Ketchup is teh win.

http://www.heinz.com/images/world_organic_ketchup.jpg

and if i remember reading the back right... no HFCS

Jimminy Crimson
5/6/2008, 07:17 PM
BBQ sauce pwns ketchup (and even catsup) in every way, shape, and form!

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 07:19 PM
Neg spek this post please.

:P

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 07:21 PM
Organic Ketchup is teh win.

http://www.heinz.com/images/world_organic_ketchup.jpg

and if i remember reading the back right... no HFCS

That Brand will Nevar Be In My Shack

Curly Bill
5/6/2008, 08:39 PM
Just say no to ketchup.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 08:52 PM
That Brand will Nevar Be In My Shack

You have no reason not to use Heinz. Teresa Kerry Heinz's ex-husband was a Republican Senator and the heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune. He died and left his money to her. She has no connection with the actual company other than she inherited her late husband's money.

There's nothing wrong with Heinz.

LoyalFan
5/6/2008, 09:18 PM
This thread has been reported to the Ketchup Advisory Council.

(I likes me some Tabasco[TM] stirred into my catsup, ketchup, wot-tever.)

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:22 PM
(I likes me some Tabasco[TM] stirred into my catsup, ketchup, wot-tever.)

Have you tried salsa?

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 09:26 PM
I eat ketchup with my chicken strips, I put it on my burgers, dip my fries into it, and I also eat it with my steak. I eat with roast, grilled chicken, fried chicken, etc.

I even eat "ketchup sandwiches" from time to time which is essentially just ketchup between two pieces of bread.

LoyalFan
5/6/2008, 09:27 PM
Have you tried salsa?

Nawwww, I really don't care for messican music and the only dances I know are teh minuet and teh Roger de Coverly.

And now, for a straight answer; No, but I'll give it a shot with some hot-type salsa and report. Thanks for the suggestion.
No...wait! YOU try it first!
Give it to Mikey. He eats everything.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:30 PM
No...wait! YOU try it first!

For all you know, I'M EATING IT RIGHT NOW. :eek:

LoyalFan
5/6/2008, 09:32 PM
I eat ketchup with my chicken strips, I put it on my buggers, dip my flies into it, and I also eat it with my snake. I eat it with roast, grilled chicken, fried chicken, etc.
But I will not eat it with Green Eggs and Ham.

I even eat SicEm's Special "ketchup sandwiches" from time to time which is essentially just bread between two pieces of ketchup.

Corrected, no charge.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:38 PM
I eat ketchup with my chicken strips, I put it on my burgers, dip my fries into it, and I also eat it with my steak. I eat with roast, grilled chicken, fried chicken, etc.

WTF, is ranch dressing just too white trash so you decided to go the white bread route?

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 09:46 PM
WTF, is ranch dressing just too white trash so you decided to go the white bread route?

I hate ranch dressing.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:50 PM
I hate ranch dressing.

Well at least you have some sense. Ketchup has limited applications, but ranch dressing is nothing but a pox on society.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 09:52 PM
Ketchup is actually the only condiment that I use, so if I could get off the ketchup then I'd have a condiment free diet.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:55 PM
Ketchup is actually the only condiment that I use, so if I could get off the ketchup then I'd have a condiment free diet.

Is yellow mustard a little too counterculture for you? :D

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 09:57 PM
Is yellow mustard a little too counterculture for you? :D

Something like that. I detest it -- I know that much.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:59 PM
Something like that. I detest it -- I know that much.

What about BBQ sauce? A lot of that stuff is made with ketchup. A1? Heinz 57? How about a nice jus to go with your steak or chicken?

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 10:10 PM
What about BBQ sauce? A lot of that stuff is made with ketchup. A1? Heinz 57? How about a nice jus to go with your steak or chicken?

I don't use steak sauce. I eat BBQ sauce but only with actual BBQ.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 10:12 PM
I don't use steak sauce.

Even worse, you use ketchup! :eek:

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 10:23 PM

I even eat "ketchup sandwiches" from time to time which is essentially just ketchup between two pieces of bread.

You remind me of my son. He's not quite 2.

SteelClip49
5/6/2008, 10:48 PM
I wanted to slap some people at the fried onion burger festival last Saturday for putting ketchup, lettuce and tomato on their burgers. What's the point of even buying one if you are going to terrorize a good burger like that? I like tomatoes and lettuce on burgers but they do not belong on an onion burger....same with ketchup.

Fried onion burgers= mustard, cheese, pickles, patty, buns and onions!!!

VeeJay
5/6/2008, 10:49 PM
It depends on what the meaning of the word "regularly" is.

http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/Bill_Clinton_Biography_2.jpg

proud gonzo
5/6/2008, 11:52 PM

that's just ****ing nasty. you give ketchup eaters a bad name.

Pricetag
5/6/2008, 11:52 PM
You remind me of my son. He's not quite 2.
I was thinking the same thing. He forgot to put "with the crust cut off" when he was describing the ketchup sandwiches.

I did vote "yes" in the poll, though. I only use ketchup in a few select scenarios, but when those scenarios come up, I always use it, so I thought that would count as regularly.

GottaHavePride
5/6/2008, 11:53 PM
I wanted to slap some people at the fried onion burger festival last Saturday for putting ketchup, lettuce and tomato on their burgers. What's the point of even buying one if you are going to terrorize a good burger like that? I like tomatoes and lettuce on burgers but they do not belong on an onion burger....same with ketchup.

Fried onion burgers= mustard, cheese, pickles, patty, buns and onions!!!

Raw tomato doesn't belong on ANYthing.

And lettuce on a burger? I'm sorry, but I don't see anything worthwhile about warm soggy lettuce.

And as for mustard... well, I can deal with the really coarse-ground hot German mustard, but yellow mustard might as well be dog ****.

Pickles are unholy spawn of the devil. Except jalapenos. Those are ok.

Onions rock.

Bacon rocks harder.

Cheese rocks like a rhythm guitar player.

GottaHavePride
5/6/2008, 11:54 PM
Oh, and Heinz ketchup pwns on fries. I try to avoid places that serve that Hunt's crap.

SoonerJack
5/7/2008, 08:12 AM
fries get ketchup, as do hash browns

burgers get mustard, onions, pickles, tomato, fresh lettuce if it's available

dogs get mustard, diced onions, sauerkraut if available, and brown mustard if available

polish sausage gets brown mustard

italian sausage gets marinara and grilled onions and green peppers

ribs get bbq sauce on the side

OUDoc
5/7/2008, 08:19 AM
you are a sissy if you put ketchup on a burger and hot dog.

Ketchup belongs with hashbrowns, meatloaf and fries.

I use organic ketchup. Regular ketchup is loaded with sugar and HFCS.

Seriously?
You called some of us sissies and then stated you only use organic ketchup?
Ketchup is the condiment of kings. In little packets it's the condiment of little kings.

frankensooner
5/7/2008, 09:16 AM
I don't eat it no mo.

5/7/2008, 09:32 AM
Ketchup for burger, fries, tots, hashbrowns, potatoes and onions.

Mustard for dogs, grilled slovacek sausage and deep fried quickstop burritos.

Hot salsa for everything else.

Nothing for steak.

Why hasn't gravy been included as a condiment? I guess it's more of an entrée to many of us.

dolemitesooner
5/7/2008, 09:43 AM
Is this a trick question?

r5TPsooner
5/7/2008, 10:24 AM
Rarely. I like some on a hot dog with mustard and onions but I use Mayo for my french fries.

Fraggle145
5/7/2008, 12:07 PM
Seriously?
You called some of us sissies and then stated you only use organic ketchup?
Ketchup is the condiment of kings. In little packets it's the condiment of little kings.

I said I use organic ketchup. And that **** tastes better than regular ketchup IMHO.

BTW... Hunts Ketchup SUCKS. :mad:

Fraggle145
5/7/2008, 12:08 PM
Oh and for the last time Mustard goes on hotdogs, NOT KETCHUP, freaks. :D

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2008, 12:36 PM
I was thinking the same thing. He forgot to put "with the crust cut off" when he was describing the ketchup sandwiches.

I did vote "yes" in the poll, though. I only use ketchup in a few select scenarios, but when those scenarios come up, I always use it, so I thought that would count as regularly.

I like bread crust.

crawfish
5/7/2008, 12:56 PM
Ketchup on burgers, fries, onion rings, hash browns, tater tots, meatloaf and even a dry, overcooked sirloin.

When there's no gravy available, of course.

Mustard on hot dogs.