5/6/2008, 10:28 AM
Sorry. I can't vote.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/6/2008, 10:34 AM
Our choices were:

1)vs McCain in the 2000 primary
2)vs Algore in 2000
3) vs John effingKerry in 2004

We really had little choice but to vote for W.

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 10:40 AM
I was on the fence between W and Gore in 2000. Like down to the wire. I voted for Gore.

In 2004, as much as I was displeased with the direction W was headed, I knew that Kerry was a joke. I voted AGAINST W in '04 more than I did vote for Kerry.

5/6/2008, 10:44 AM
I was on the fence between W and Gore in 2000. Like down to the wire. I voted for Gore.

In 2004, as much as I was displeased with the direction W was headed, I knew that Kerry was a joke. I voted AGAINST W in '04 more than I did vote for Kerry.Gee, what a surprise!

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 10:52 AM
Gee, what a surprise!

Have you fellated your Rush Limbaugh blow up doll yet this morning?

5/6/2008, 10:55 AM
Have you fellated your Rush Limbaugh blow up doll yet this morning?Gee, what a surprise! (BTW, his show starts in 1 hour from now, for those who don't know that already. Tune in for the Op Chaos updates from the Indiana and North Carolina primaries)

C&CDean
5/6/2008, 11:37 AM
I voted for him twice, and I'd vote for him again if he could run.

SteelClip49
5/6/2008, 11:41 AM
well, you can considering McCain is a nominee.

r5TPsooner
5/6/2008, 11:43 AM

teh heh.:texan:

C&CDean
5/6/2008, 12:01 PM

Well, I will.

LosAngelesSooner
5/6/2008, 12:35 PM
Our choices were:

1)vs McCain in the 2000 primary (which would have been a better choice)
2)vs Algore in 2000 (which would have been a better choice)
3) vs John effingKerry in 2004 (which wouldn't have been as bad of a choice)

We really had little choice but to vote for anyone but W in retrospect.
Fixed.

LosAngelesSooner
5/6/2008, 12:36 PM
I voted for him twice, and I'd vote for him again if he could run.Just like some alcoholics keep drinking even though they know it's killing them and making their family miserable.

C&CDean
5/6/2008, 01:55 PM
Just like some alcoholics keep drinking even though they know it's killing them and making their family miserable.

Meh. That's quite possibly the most ****poor analogy I've ever heard.

My family is prospering. I'm alive and well. Everybody I know and love is doing fine. We're healthy, happy, and smile all the time. Even the ones serving in Iraq. My only serious beef is the price of fuel. And even if algore invented the innerwebs and global warming, he couldn't fix that.

So, please keep your misery to yourself. If you're unhappy in your situation, I seriously doubt GWB has anything to do with it.

5/6/2008, 02:01 PM

My family is prospering. I'm alive and well. Everybody I know and love is doing fine. We're healthy, happy, and smile all the time. Even the ones serving in Iraq. My only serious beef is the price of fuel. And even if algore invented the innerwebs and global warming, he couldn't fix that.

So, please keep your misery to yourself. If you're unhappy in your situation, I seriously doubt GWB has anything to do with it.JONORON!!!(a little Spanish baseball lingo, there)

Mixer!
5/6/2008, 02:02 PM
This thread won't end well. :pop:

Curly Bill
5/6/2008, 02:04 PM
Bush has been terrible...

...but what was the alternative?

...and thanks for the vCash! :D

r5TPsooner
5/6/2008, 02:56 PM
All I can say is that there are some loyal Republicans who voted in the poll. I echo most of Dean's sentiments, and the gas prices really don't bother me a bit. I chose to drive two V8 vehicles that suck it down like Vodka so that's just hoiw it is. However, W's foreign policy and Vice President blow BIG TIME!

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 03:07 PM
I don't regret my vote for him in 2000, but I do in 2004.

Honestly it kills me to say that because I was on his bandwagon even very early in the 2000 primary. He had the potential to be greater than Reagan and instead I'm not sure I'd rate him above Ford.

Reagan never had a Republican Congress.

5/6/2008, 03:08 PM
All I can say is that there are some loyal Republicans who voted in the poll. I echo most of Dean's sentiments, and the gas prices really don't bother me a bit. I chose to drive two V8 vehicles that suck it down like Vodka so that's just hoiw it is. However, W's foreign policy and Vice President blow BIG TIME!Then, you should prolly stay away from McCain and Hellery, since they plan to continue the GWOT.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 03:10 PM
Then, you should prolly stay away from McCain and Hellery, since they plan to continue the GWOT.

Which is definitely reason not to vote for either of those two bozos.

5/6/2008, 03:20 PM
Which is definitely reason not to vote for either of those two bozos.I predict Obama carries maybe 5 states, if he's the D nominee.(even considering the torching that mcCain will get from the MSM after Obama is chosen as D nominee)

soonerscuba
5/6/2008, 03:50 PM
I predict Obama carries maybe 5 states, if he's the D nominee.(even considering the torching that mcCain will get from the MSM after Obama is chosen as D nominee)
Heh. I'll be bumping this quote in Nov.

NormanPride
5/6/2008, 03:59 PM
Bad foreign policy, expanding government, poor public image. Three strikes. Though, I would have voted for him in 2000 had I gotten my **** together and sent an absentee (too busy being an idiot Freshman at OU. ;) )

ric311
5/6/2008, 04:02 PM
My biggest issue with W is the same issue I had with his father - they love to spend my money. As a Republican, you're supposed to keep away from that kind of stuff. I feel betrayed by both W and the Republican congress.

lexsooner
5/6/2008, 04:23 PM

So, please keep your misery to yourself. If you're unhappy in your situation, I seriously doubt GWB has anything to do with it.

I could say the same about my personal situation when Jimmy Carter was Prez, but that does not mean he was any good as our leader. To the contrary, he was a terrible President, just like W. I think of all the Presidents in the modern era, these two were truly never qualified for the job, and it showed once they got into office.

The better question to ask is whether this country is in better shape overall after nearly two terms of W, and I have to answer "No." W's expending lives and vast resources to invade Iraq under false pretenses, being the biggest spendaholic in history, and becoming the laughingstock of the world has hurt our nation. When we have a leader who is generally viewed as a joke by the rest of the world, we have problems.

XingTheRubicon
5/6/2008, 04:32 PM
My biggest issue with W is the same issue I had with his father - they love to spend my money. As a Republican, you're supposed to keep away from that kind of stuff. I feel betrayed by both W and the Republican congress.

George the 1st gets a bad rap. Reagan spent us into bolivia and GB had to bail him out. I'm sorry, the liberal congress spent us into bolivia....depending on your affiliation.

and Dean about 28% of America agrees with you concerning W. That's all the crazy liberals and half the repubs. If you take out NASCAR fans that leaves about 78 people including your family that still supports W. Unless it's your major league batting average, .280 means you suck.

BigRedJed
5/6/2008, 04:35 PM
vCash! Cha-ching!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 04:40 PM
Vince McMahon for President

tommieharris91
I predict Obama carries maybe 5 states, if he's the D nominee.(even considering the torching that mcCain will get from the MSM after Obama is chosen as D nominee)

I certainly hope you are not on McCain's campaign staff. If McCain has nieve thinkers like this, he will lose something like 70-30 to whoever the Dems nominate.

being the biggest spendaholic in history, and becoming the laughingstock of the world has hurt our nation. When we have a leader who is generally viewed as a joke by the rest of the world, we have problems.D'Oh! When we coulda had Algore, effingKerry or McCain!

SteelClip49
5/6/2008, 04:42 PM
GWB owned the Texas Rangers at one point and did Texas prosper? Hell, they have yet to prosper. W loved taking in the fans money but little was done. That pretty much sums up his presidency, imo. Maybe it's a bad analogy but I think it's a trend.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 04:45 PM
I don't blame Reagan for his deficit spending since so much of it was on defense and at the time the long-term savings of not having to fight the Cold War would have been enormous.

I do think H.W. Bush gets a bad rap though. He wasn't really all that conservative, but he was a good steward of the Oval Office and his prudence (I couldn't avoid using the word) on foreign affairs was admirable. I don't think he was a great president, but he certainly wasn't a bad one either.

W's spending (and the GOP controlled Congress) has been so reckless and out of control that the Republican party has absolutely no business claiming the mantle of fiscal responsibility for a very very long time. His conduct in foreign affairs has been equally disastrous as is this absurd notion of a self-defeating "War on Terror." His management has been horrible, his ability to work with Congress even when it was controlled by Republicans was horrible, and rather than reduce the size of government which is what a Republican ought to be doing -- he expanded it to a degree unknown even to his predecessor.

He's been a horrible unmitigated disaster for both the Republican party, conservatism, and most importantly the nation.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 04:45 PM
What do George Bush, Al Gore, Obama, Billary, Kerry, and McCain have in common...they all haven't done **** since they got to Washington...

The fact of the matter is the Government isn't here to protect us from our own stupidity. That reminds me of all the people that went to the bank and took out all of their money on 9/11, wow if the economy crashes...this paper will come in handy :P It is becoming increasingly evident that our current politicians will always have someone ELSE to blame. Do you know what 99% of the politicians are doing the day after they get elected? They are raising money to run again.

SteelClip49
5/6/2008, 04:49 PM
well...algore won an Oscar and Kerry's wife somewhat made Heinz ketchup decent again but other than that I agree with you.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 04:51 PM
well...algore won an Oscar and Kerry's wife somewhat made Heinz ketchup decent again but other than that I agree with you.

Teresa, as I understand it, does not have nor did she ever have any input in any shape, form, or fashion with the running of the Heinz Ketchup company. She gets royalty money and that's it.

And also...

Heinz>Hunts

5/6/2008, 05:00 PM
I certainly hope you are not on McCain's campaign staff. If McCain has nieve thinkers like this, he will lose something like 70-30 to whoever the Dems nominate.Oh yeah, mark me down as on McCain's campaign staff! What type of "nieve" thinkers should he have on his staff to not lose by 40 points?

tommieharris91
5/6/2008, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah, mark me down as on McCain's campaign staff! What type of "nieve" thinkers should he have on his staff to not lose by 40 points?

People who think Barack Obama is actual competition.

If you had said that about Hillary, I'd believe you.

Jerk
5/6/2008, 05:18 PM
From my conservative view, others will disagree of course:

Bush postives:

No attacks since 911

Supreme Court apointments Alito and Roberts.

Killing a lot of terrorists and keeping them busy 'over there.'

Tax cuts

negatives:

No border security and little control over southern border.

Out-of-control spending, government growth and creating new entitlements.

Not getting Osama.

I don't blame W for Katrina nor do I blame him for the lending crisis or the high price of gas. Stuff like that happens and whoever is in office gets the blame because people think that the president is all-powerful and can wave a magic wand.

Overall, his 'legacy' will rest on the outcome of the Iraq War. If 20 years from now, Iraq is a thriving democracy, then he'll look like Churchill. If it falls apart, then he be right around the level of Carter.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 05:25 PM
All Politicians are like the band Nickelback...they all sound the same and I imagine they smell too

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 06:13 PM
No attacks since 911

On US soil. Terrorist attacks around the world have gone up dramatically.

Killing a lot of terrorists and keeping them busy 'over there.'

If by "over there" you mean Iraq, a good chunk of those terrorists were motivated to become terrorists by our invasion in the first place. Al Queda obviously isn't so busy that they haven't become as powerful as ever in Afghanistan and elsewhere while we've been distracted in Iraq. Ever since Iraq became part of the Global War on Terror, global terrorism has increased. Hmmm.

Tax cuts

At best, this is redistribution of wealth from the future to now through deficit spending. By many measures it's been redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich. "Trick down economics" doesn't do any good when there's no trickle down.

Not getting Osama.

Eh. Getting bin Laden is overrated. Disrupting Al Queda should be the main goal however we go about it. And committing all our troops to Iraq is not the way to go about it. Robert Gates wants to commit more troops to Afghanistan, but we can't do that unless we increase deployment times again, or pull somebody out of Iraq or Korea.

Jerk
5/6/2008, 06:34 PM
On US soil. Terrorist attacks around the world have gone up dramatically.

At least we're doing something about it. After the attacks in the 90's, the Clintons would bomb an aspirin factory or write up an indictment.

The other things aren't worth discussing because we'll never agree on them anyway, especially taxes. I can't even get you to say what the maximum tax should ever be.

Harry Beanbag
5/6/2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not a big Bush fan, but considering the alternatives in Gore and Kerry, there's no way I could not have voted for him both times.

Harry Beanbag
5/6/2008, 07:07 PM
Eh. Getting bin Laden is overrated. Disrupting Al Queda should be the main goal however we go about it. And committing all our troops to Iraq is not the way to go about it. Robert Gates wants to commit more troops to Afghanistan, but we can't do that unless we increase deployment times again, or pull somebody out of Iraq or Korea.

This is a big problem and will only be growing. If we are truly committed to fighting (and winning) this GWOT, our military needs to be vastly increased in size.

Unfortunately, barring another catastrophic attack on U.S. soil, we don't have the stomach to do what needs to be done. IMO of course.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 07:32 PM
I can't even get you to say what the maximum tax should ever be.

I have no idea what the maximum tax should be, but it should at least be high enough to cover our spending. Cutting taxes while increasing spending is idiotic. At least the libz attempt to pay for their largesse. I'm pretty sure we're nowhere near the "too high" side of the Laffer Curve, unless you can prove to me there's a rash of people leaving Chesapeake to work at Wal-Mart because their taxes are too high.

What do you think the maximum tax rate should be? Let me guess--lower than it is right now, right?

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 07:42 PM
At least we're doing something about it. After the attacks in the 90's, the Clintons would bomb an aspirin factory or write up an indictment.

Is that all that matters, to "do something"? Even if it appears to be making the situation worse? Bush did a fat lot of jack **** about terrorism until after 9/11.

KC//CRIMSON
5/6/2008, 07:48 PM
well...algore won an Oscar and the Noble Peace Prize, Kerry's wife somewhat made Heinz ketchup decent again but other than that I agree with you.

but some people don't care, they think he's making this shizt up...;)

Jerk
5/6/2008, 08:53 PM
Is that all that matters, to "do something"? Even if it appears to be making the situation worse? Bush did a fat lot of jack **** about terrorism until after 9/11.

How could he do something? He was only in for, what, 8 months? Hell, IIRC, he didn't even get most of his cabinent in until Summer because democrats in the senate kept blocking their nominations.

I'll tell you what gave Al Queda the idea we were weak, and that was pulling out of Somalia after getting into a firefight. Thanks les apsen (rip) for not sending in armor like the commander requested. We took casualties and tucked our tail and ran, and Osama came to see us as squemish and unwilling to fight the long battle.

They believed that after they attacked us, all they'd have to do is inflict a few casualties to our invading army in Afghanistan, and we'd leave.

Harry Beanbag
5/6/2008, 08:58 PM
I'll tell you what gave Al Queda the idea we were weak, and that was pulling out of Somalia after getting into a firefight. Thanks les apsen (rip) for not sending in armor like the commander requested. We took casualties and tucked our tail and ran, and Osama came to see us as squemish and unwilling to fight the long battle.

They believed that after they attacked us, all they'd have to do is inflict a few casualties to our invading army in Afghanistan, and we'd leave.

The most disturbing aspect of this is that he's probably right, though it's going to take longer than he expected. Recent history proves it and half of the poltical leaders in this country are for it.

Sooner_Havok
5/6/2008, 09:01 PM
Can we have the "I voted Nader" option please?

TYIA

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:01 PM
How could he do something?

He could have at least paid attention at the incoming security briefing from Clinton's folks who said in no uncertain terms that Al Queda was a huge threat. I'm not saying Clinton didn't do anything wrong, but the whole "my guy's **** doesn't stink" attitude we have in this country why we have the government we have. I see very little accountability demanded by Bush supporters for the myriad of screw ups under his watch, and the administration itself sure as **** isn't going voluntarily take the blame for anything. How are you supposed to fix the problem if you can't even admit that you screwed up? We've "stayed the course" right into a brick wall.

soonerscuba
5/6/2008, 09:03 PM
How could he do something? He was only in for, what, 8 months?
I always found it curious as to why Clinton takes the blame for the '93 bombing, when he was in office for less time than W was on 9/11.

I certainly don't blame W for 9/11, and honestly, I will defend him to the death on Afganistan, he did the right thing and compently, until Iraq messed that up too.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:13 PM
I certainly don't blame W for 9/11

I only "blame" him to the extent that he was HMFIC in charge at the time, but if he'd jumped right on Al Queda from Day 1 would it have made a difference? Just maybe the FBI guys would have passed along the information from their agents about flight school shenanigans if they knew terrorism was a high priority for the White House. Who knows. There were a myriad of failures throughout the government, but wouldn't it be nice if, just once, a politician took "the buck stops here" to heart? I know, I'm dreaming.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 09:17 PM
I always found it curious as to why Clinton takes the blame for the '93 bombing, when he was in office for less time than W was on 9/11.

I certainly don't blame W for 9/11, and honestly, I will defend him to the death on Afganistan, he did the right thing and compently, until Iraq messed that up too.

I don't blame Clinton for the '93 bombing. That was the first instance of domestic terrorism that I can recall by radical islam, so you can't really fault Clinton for that.

I do, however, blame him for his poor response to the bombing.

Vaevictis
5/6/2008, 09:19 PM
There were a myriad of failures throughout the government, but wouldn't it be nice if, just once, a politician took "the buck stops here" to heart? I know, I'm dreaming.
http://www.markaelrod.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/buckstopshere.jpg

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.markaelrod.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/buckstopshere.jpg

The one president with a lower approval rating than GW. Irony!

Jerk
5/6/2008, 09:31 PM

I agree with you.

I don't think WJC is at fault for the 1993 attack. I don't blame him for OKC 1995 either. Nor do I blame FDR for Pearl Harbor or Bush for 911.

I do blame him, though, for helping to give Al Quada (however you spell it) the impression that we won't fight when things get bad.

“We have seen in the last decade the decline of the American government and the weakness of the American soldier who is ready to wage Cold Wars and unprepared to fight long wars. This was proven in Beirut when the Marines fled after two explosions. It also proves they can run in less than 24 hours, and this was also repeated in Somalia.” - Osama Bin Laden, May 1998

I liked Reagan, but leaving Beruit evidenlty showed a lot of weakness.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:35 PM
I do blame him, though, for giving Al Quada (however you spell it) the impression that we won't fight when things get bad.

What would have had Clinton do? He went after Al Queda in Sudan and was promptly accused of Wagg the Dog.

[I]“We have seen in the last decade the decline of the American government and the weakness of the American soldier who is ready to wage Cold Wars and unprepared to fight long wars. This was proven in Beirut when the Marines fled after two explosions. It also proves they can run in less than 24 hours, and this was also repeated in Somalia.” - Osama Bin Laden, May 1998

I liked Reagan, but leaving Beruit evidenlty showed a lot of weakness.

Or maybe Bin Laden is just talking out of his *** just to fire up the troops? I don't think for a second that Bin Laden believes even half the **** he says in public. I think he's a lot smarter than that. He knew we'd come after him. That might have been his plan all along.

Ohs nos! Don't throw me in that briar patch in Afghanistan!

Jerk
5/6/2008, 09:43 PM
What would have had Clinton do? He went after Al Queda in Sudan and was promptly accused of Wagg[ing] the Dog.

Is this when he bombed the aspirin factory?

The pro-adid portion of Mogudishu should have been turned into a big smoking hole in the ground.

Maybe we should have done more than shoot a few cruise missiles at some tents in response to the USS Cole.

We're getting no where. This is futile.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:53 PM
The pro-adid portion of Mogudishu should have been turned into a big smoking hole in the ground.

Now Aidid was responsible for 9/11??? I can't keep up.

Okay, I'm being facetious...barely. You really think that would have scared Al Queda straight? After we nuked Japan, why didn't everybody just bow down to us right then and forever?

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2008, 09:56 PM
Now Aidid was responsible for 9/11??? I can't keep up.

Okay, I'm being facetious...barely. You really think that would have scared Al Queda straight? After we nuked Japan, why didn't everybody just bow down to us right then and forever?

They sort of did.

Jerk
5/6/2008, 09:56 PM
Now Aidid was responsible for 9/11??? I can't keep up.I never said that. I said that leaving Somalia showed weakness.

Well, Japan certainly did.

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 09:57 PM
I never said that. I said that leaving Somalia showed weakness.

We never should have been there in the first place. Remember before the 2000 election when Bush said, "no more nation building"? Ah, the good old days.

Jerk
5/6/2008, 10:00 PM
We never should have been there in the first place. Remember before the 2000 election when Bush said, "no more nation building"? Ah, the good old days.

Yes, you're right, but pictures of teh starving children on CNN tugged at his heart strings.;)

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 10:04 PM
Yes, you're right, but pictures of teh starving children on CNN tugged at his heart strings.;)

Enforcing the UN humanitarian mission like we started with...maybe. Trying to fix a country that was already beyond screwed up? Not so much. It's a thankless job. And in the realm of foreign policy, thankless jobs aren't worth doing.

SteelClip49
5/6/2008, 10:52 PM
Bush's baked beans!!!

LosAngelesSooner
5/7/2008, 04:36 AM

Lowest approval rating of any sitting president in the history of the U.S. including Nixon.

The prosecution rests. ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2008, 05:12 AM
Currently, 22 of you hate America.

That is all.

C&CDean
5/7/2008, 09:22 AM
Lowest approval rating of any sitting president in the history of the U.S. including Nixon.

The prosecution rests. ;)

He also has the highest approval rating of any sitting president. Evar.

Yeah, I know, liberals have short memories.:texan:

JohnnyMack
5/7/2008, 09:24 AM
Ahh, Dean & LAS having a ****ing contest.

Just like the old days.

Good times.

C&CDean
5/7/2008, 09:27 AM
Ahh, Dean & LAS having a ****ing contest.

Just like the old days.

Good times.

I thought about you last night. I was walking through Fell's Point and passed Max's. I thought "there's the dive that homo goes into all the time."

We ended up having drinks at The Dead End, John Steven, Kooper's, and Bertha's. Then we ate at Amicci's in Little Italy. I didn't think about you at all during these times though.

JohnnyMack
5/7/2008, 09:29 AM
I thought about you last night. Then I flushed it down the toilet.

I ain't been to Amicci's. Good? We usually end up at La Scala or Da Mimmo if I'm lucky.

C&CDean
5/7/2008, 09:32 AM
I thought about you last night. Then I flushed it down the toilet.

I ain't been to Amicci's. Good? We usually end up at La Scala or Da Mimmo if I'm lucky.

That was the best **** you've ever taken.

Amicci's was fair/good. It's a little more casual than some of the others I've eaten at there. They didn't even have any veal dishes on the menu. It was full of young eye candy though. However, they were females so you probably wouldn't have dug it.

Condescending Sooner
5/7/2008, 01:04 PM
If by "over there" you mean Iraq, a good chunk of those terrorists were motivated to become terrorists by our invasion in the first place. Al Queda obviously isn't so busy that they haven't become as powerful as ever in Afghanistan and elsewhere while we've been distracted in Iraq. Ever since Iraq became part of the Global War on Terror, global terrorism has increased. Hmmm.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Have they re-opened all their training camps? Are all the people in Afghanistan living under their rule?

You are just pulling stuff out of your *** now. Not that it is unexpected and it does follow the mantra of a lot of your cohorts.

5/7/2008, 01:25 PM
Wow, I hadn't heard that. Have they re-opened all their training camps? Are all the people in Afghanistan living under their rule?

You are just pulling stuff out of your *** now. Not that it is unexpected and it does follow the mantra of a lot of your cohorts.D stands for Defeat, for America.

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2008, 01:26 PM
Cohort you say?
http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/info/units/urban.jpg

soonerscuba
5/7/2008, 01:45 PM
Are all the people in Afghanistan living under their rule?
AQ never ruled Afghanistan, they were there and active, but they didn't represent a government, you are thinking of the Taliban, another group of lovely people.

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 04:30 PM

You are just pulling stuff out of your *** now. Not that it is unexpected and it does follow the mantra of a lot of your cohorts.

I misspoke when I said AQ was as powerful as ever (way to be an *** about it, BTW). But they are gaining strength and reconstituting while we continue to **** away resources in Iraq.

StoopTroup
5/7/2008, 04:36 PM
Poll and Bush in the same thread.

POST REPORTED!

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 04:37 PM
you are thinking of the Taliban, another group of lovely people.

Another "team on the rise", and not in the oSu way.

Harry Beanbag
5/7/2008, 04:50 PM
I misspoke when I said AQ was as powerful as ever (way to be an *** about it, BTW). But they are gaining strength and reconstituting while we continue to **** away resources in Iraq.

I'm not a military commander, but I believe that part of the plan going into Afghanistan was not to have a ginormous armada of ground forces to stand around and become targets. We learned that doesn't work very well from the Soviets. Smaller and more mobile units are more effective in rugged mountain regions, like Afghanistan, than huge armies.

That being said, I've already stated that I agree our military is stretched too thin and is way too small right now, but that is a different topic.

Is the GWOT being prosecuted the way it should be? Hell if I know, but one thing I'm sure of is that nobody else on this board knows either. I would hazard a guess that there is way more happening than we even realize though.

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 04:57 PM
Is the GWOT being prosecuted the way it should be? Hell if I know, but one thing I'm sure of is that nobody else on this board knows either.

Hopefully these guys have a clue:

The shifting situation in Afghanistan prompted the top U.S. military officer to say in early April that he is "deeply concerned" about the situation there, and that maintaining troops in Iraq is harming overall U.S. military capabilities.

"The Taliban is growing bolder, suicide attacks are on the rise, and so is the trade in illegal narcotics," said Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said the United States needs more troops to hold areas of southern Afghanistan -- the region of highest concern -- and to train local army and police personnel.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/01/terrorism.afghanistan/

JohnnyMack
5/7/2008, 04:58 PM
Ask Fox Fallon. Oh...wait...nevermind.

Harry Beanbag
5/7/2008, 05:06 PM
Hopefully these guys have a clue:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/01/terrorism.afghanistan/

Yeah, hopefully. If we can't supply another 10,000 troops to Afghanistan then our military size issue is worse than I thought. That's not very many.

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2008, 05:08 PM
You all should just take your marching orders from me when it comes to politics. I assure you I'd do a better job.

If you liked the 50's then you'll like me.

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 05:10 PM
If you liked the 50's then you'll like me.

Buzz cuts and short-sleeved dress shirts? **** that.

Harry Beanbag
5/7/2008, 05:10 PM
No thanks, I like color television.

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2008, 05:12 PM
Buzz cuts and short-sleeved dress shirts? **** that.

I meant the 1850's....

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 05:14 PM
If we can't supply another 10,000 troops to Afghanistan then our military size issue is worse than I thought.

This guy (http://www.slate.com/id/2190661/) has been sounding that alarm for awhile now. Overdeployed ground forces, large numbers of career officers not reenlisting, lowered standards to meet recruiting quotas, it's a real mess.

mdklatt
5/7/2008, 05:15 PM
I meant the 1850's....

Do I have to grow a handlebar moustache and say stuff like "for sooth"?

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2008, 05:17 PM
Do I have to grow a handlebar moustache and say stuff like "for sooth"?

Of course not. I'd be turning the clock back politically but not culturally. ;)

(Though I clearly recognize that at times one begets the other)

Harry Beanbag
5/7/2008, 05:21 PM
This guy (http://www.slate.com/id/2190661/) has been sounding that alarm for awhile now. Overdeployed ground forces, large numbers of career officers not reenlisting, lowered standards to meet recruiting quotas, it's a real mess.

I've been saying it on this board for a few years now. My view isn't really based on Iraq and Afghanistan though, it's based on what could happen in the future. This war could last decades, and most likely involve the invasion of other countries at some point. There is no possible way to do that right now.

There is also the problem of what happens when the bad guys get their hands on a nuke and deploy it in say downtown Baghdad. Boom, half our active duty army is gone. Then what? We would be completely screwed in the time it takes to field, train, and equip another army. It would be the first two years of WWII all over again, except the world is a much smaller place now and the weapons available are much bigger.

Harry Beanbag
5/7/2008, 05:22 PM
I meant the 1850's....

No thanks, I like television. And women who bathe and shave.

LosAngelesSooner
5/8/2008, 01:09 PM
He also has the highest approval rating of any sitting president. Evar.

Yeah, I know, liberals have short memories.:texan:
A knee jerk reaction when our nation was in crisis. Everyone jumped on board out of patriotism and a need to be strong.

History, upon evaluating W's policies and decisions, is giving us a clearer view on his (lack of) capabilities. Hence, the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING OF ANY PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY.

And I'm a Republican. So my memory is LOOONG.

;)

LosAngelesSooner
5/8/2008, 01:13 PM
D stands for Defeat, for America.
What a completely un-American and un-patriotic thing to say.

soonerloyal
5/8/2008, 02:42 PM
D stands for Defeat, for America.

No insult meant to you as an individual, Rushie - but Oh. My. Gawd. This attitude is so full of fail it can't even be measured by any means known to mankind.

To paraphrase a splendiferous quote, I could have eaten Alphabits and crapped out a better platform.

The shi**er. Dubya has put us there. And while some people might believe his chirps of "We're winnin' teh war on terrr...", there are more of us who know we're neck-high in crap, and we aren't willing to keep treading sewage water. Especially when it costs us our Constitutional rights, our safety, our hard-earned money, and the blood of our children.

In retrospect, I'd rather have voted for Kerry and suffered through four years of mediocrity than the clusterf*** the drooling moron Bush has made us suffer through. I hope the SOB and all his toadies get the dreadful comeuppance they've earned.

C&CDean
5/8/2008, 02:49 PM
No insult meant to you as an individual, Rushie - but Oh. My. Gawd. This attitude is so full of fail it can't even be measured by any means known to mankind.

To paraphrase a splendiferous quote, I could have eaten Alphabits and crapped out a better platform.

The shi**er. Dubya has put us there. And while some people might believe his chirps of "We're winnin' teh war on terrr...", there are more of us who know we're neck-high in crap, and we aren't willing to keep treading sewage water. Especially when it costs us our Constitutional rights, our safety, our hard-earned money, and the blood of our children.

In retrospect, I'd rather have voted for Kerry and suffered through four years of mediocrity than the clusterf*** the drooling moron Bush has made us suffer through. I hope the SOB and all his toadies get the dreadful comeuppance they've earned.

Puhleeze.

I am so very sorry your life is in the ****ter. Mine? It's groovy.

You doom and gloomers depress the **** out of me. Do you people sit around wringing your hands going "we're ****ed, we're ****ed?" Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people? Life. Ain't. That. Bad.

In fact, it rocks.

Condescending Sooner
5/8/2008, 03:08 PM
A knee jerk reaction when our nation was in crisis. Everyone jumped on board out of patriotism and a need to be strong.

History, upon evaluating W's policies and decisions, is giving us a clearer view on his (lack of) capabilities. Hence, the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING OF ANY PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY.

;)

There is no way in hell you are a republican unless you were on drugs when you registered. Your comments reflect someone whose beliefs are WAY left of any republican I know.

Condescending Sooner
5/8/2008, 03:12 PM

;)

Puhleeze.

I am so very sorry your life is in the ****ter. Mine? It's groovy.

You doom and gloomers depress the **** out of me. Do you people sit around wringing your hands going "we're ****ed, we're ****ed?" Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people? Life. Ain't. That. Bad.

In fact, it rocks.

I was listening to some dude whine about how Bush had ruined everything. I asked him to give me a specific example of how things are worse for him than they were 8 years ago. His only response? Corporate Execs are making way too much money compared to their employees. And no, he didn't work for a corporation.

r5TPsooner
5/8/2008, 03:44 PM
There is no way in hell you are a republican unless you were on drugs when you registered. Your comments reflect someone whose beliefs are WAY left of any republican I know.

Spek and post of the year candidate.:)

mdklatt
5/8/2008, 03:51 PM
I asked him to give me a specific example of how things are worse for him than they were 8 years ago.

So it's only a problem if it effects you personally?

soonerscuba
5/8/2008, 04:07 PM
So it's only a problem if it effects you personally?
Well, I know I won't be paying back the Chinese for the Iraq war.

Harry Beanbag
5/8/2008, 05:23 PM

You must be new here. :)

Harry Beanbag
5/8/2008, 05:26 PM
To be honest, my situation isn't nearly as good as it was 4 years ago, but Bush has absolutely nothing to do with it.

LosAngelesSooner
5/9/2008, 03:57 AM
Perhaps you should re-investigate what the definition of "Republican" is according to the party's founding principles. :)

LosAngelesSooner
5/9/2008, 03:59 AM
Spek and post of the year candidate.:)Oh GAWD.

Dust your knees off when you're done with him. :rolleyes:

r5TPsooner
5/9/2008, 08:45 AM
Oh GAWD.

Dust your knees off when you're done with him. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the neg and the salty reply. You're possibly the biggest crybaby on the board whether your friends of Phil's or not.

You get away with more than any other poster on the boards and hopefully you'll be dealt with appropriately by the mods. I see why you used to be banned from the south oval.

To keep piece I'm dropping the subject and you as well.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/9/2008, 09:07 AM
Can't we ALL agree that Republicans and Democrats are the same thing in the present. They are both over-spending, issue avoiding *******s...

mdklatt
5/9/2008, 09:22 AM
Can't we ALL agree that Republicans and Democrats are the same thing in the present. They are both over-spending, issue avoiding *******s...

According to the pole, there are at least 40 people that disagree.

Everybody says they hate politicians and partisan politics...until it's time to vote. Then it's time to vote straight ticket and re-elect the incumbent 98% of the time. :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
5/9/2008, 04:44 PM
According to the pole, there are at least 40 people that disagree.

Everybody says they hate politicians and partisan politics...until it's time to vote. Then it's time to vote straight ticket and re-elect the incumbent 98% of the time. :rolleyes:

That's not what the pole is saying at all. It's saying that with as many mistakes and missed opportunities that can be attributed to Bush, there are people that disliked bat **** crazy Al Gore and libtastic liar John Kerry even more. It's simple really. The real problem is our Presidential choices keep getting more and more horrendous.

tommieharris91
5/9/2008, 04:48 PM
That's not what the pole is saying at all. It's saying that with as many mistakes and missed opportunities that can be attributed to Bush, there are people that disliked bat **** crazy Al Gore and libtastic liar John Kerry even more. It's simple really. The real problem is our Presidential choices keep getting more and more horrendous.

The thread should end right here.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/9/2008, 04:48 PM
I just hate Al Gore because everytime something happens weather related we have to listen to the "I told you so" It's like wow really Al, bad weather never happened before 1980 really

tommieharris91
5/9/2008, 04:50 PM
I just hate Al Gore because everytime something happens weather related we have to listen to the "I told you so" It's like wow really Al, bad weather never happened before 1980 really

http://www.examiner.com/blogs-73-Yeas_and_Nays~y2008m5d9-McCain-planning-climate-change-tour

I have absolutely no clue of how valid this really is.

5/9/2008, 05:09 PM
That's not what the pole is saying at all. It's saying that with as many mistakes and missed opportunities that can be attributed to Bush, there are people that disliked bat **** crazy Al Gore and libtastic liar John Kerry even more. It's simple really. The real problem is our Presidential choices keep getting more and more horrendous.Especially this year, with 2.5 full-blown socialists to choose from.

LosAngelesSooner
5/9/2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the neg and the salty reply. You're possibly the biggest crybaby on the board whether your friends of Phil's or not.

You get away with more than any other poster on the boards and hopefully you'll be dealt with appropriately by the mods. I see why you used to be banned from the south oval.

To keep piece I'm dropping the subject and you as well.
Yet who was it that took the first shot? http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2290844&postcount=100

Right. Methinks thou dost protest too much. ;)

P.S. - http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif George W. Bush (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2290681#post2290681) 5/9/2008 06:38 AM r5TPsooner (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=48423) Blow me!

(NegSpek Fail/Hypocritical Rules Violation ((which I don't care about)) ;))

LosAngelesSooner
5/9/2008, 10:49 PM
I can sign on with that.

Though I'm HOPING that McCain will prove to be different.