5/6/2008, 04:44 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10813944

He makes a great point about OU also :(

MrJimBeam
5/6/2008, 05:27 AM
The Big XII is tuff.

Ash
5/6/2008, 05:59 AM
It's not just that OU lost four straight. It's also that two of them were also humiliating losses.

Bob hasn't just had a run of bad luck, he's had his *** handed to him a couple of times.

SoonerStormchaser
5/6/2008, 06:26 AM
Sorry, but Kansas is overrated this year. Methinks they're a bowl team, but nowhere near last years team.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 07:52 AM
Now we have the chip, so let's do something with it.

oupride
5/6/2008, 08:27 AM
Okay, so Mr. Dodd has made his prediction in May 2008...ho,hum

MojoRisen
5/6/2008, 08:35 AM
Sorry, but Kansas is overrated this year. Methinks they're a bowl team, but nowhere near last years team.

It doesn't seem right does it? I felt the same way all the way up to the Orange Bowl last year. I believe Kansas returns a lot of players and they beat a top 10 Va Tech team in Miami.

I think they are about 5 spots over rated though and have a much tougher schedule this year.

183828sooners
5/6/2008, 09:00 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OU GUEST APPEARANCES OR AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS COMING UP?

stoopified
5/6/2008, 09:02 AM
Mizzou is too high.

badger
5/6/2008, 09:03 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OU GUEST APPEARANCES OR AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS COMING UP?

NO, AND PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN CAPS ;)

Here's hoping we rise to #2 and have the annual honor of killing Ohio State for the title :D

Two birds with one stone - that pesky eighth championship AND that pesky bowl victory :P

183828sooners
5/6/2008, 09:04 AM
WHY NOT IN CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/6/2008, 09:20 AM
LOUD NOISES!

OUmillenium
5/6/2008, 10:16 AM
HONK, HONK!

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 10:27 AM
I think this is one of those years that you have to go undefeated to get in.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 10:29 AM
I can't see Georgia going undefeated. It will be tough with that schedule.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 10:31 AM
The Ohio State comment is dumb. They had 13 explore the draft and only 1 left. We could have done similar, so I guess we are loaded. They haven't proven any more then we have in BCS bowls. I guess they don't have to play a conference championship so they can sit back and wait to see who doesn't get in to BCS Championship.

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 10:31 AM
Oh, I totally agree with you. If anybody goes undefeated its OU, USC/ or Ohio State

soonerinabilene
5/6/2008, 10:32 AM
I think if anyone can handle LSU and Florida back to back, its Georgia. If they play the way they did the last half of the season, they are in the title game.

And the big 12 is definitely going to be a tough conference this year, especially when you look at all the top level qbs that are returning.

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 10:34 AM
As far as them getting all the returnees back, take a look at what happened after they beat Miami in the Fiesta bowl in 02-03, they returned every defensive player the next year!

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 10:34 AM
If Georgia goes through undefeated I would be a little scared of that team. I thought it would be them and OU in the championship in 2003, so maybe it will happen this year.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 10:36 AM
As far as them getting all the returnees back, take a look at what happened after they beat Miami in the Fiesta bowl in 02-03, they returned every defensive player the next year!

Good point.

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 10:36 AM
I'd put my left nut on that Georgia loses a game or 2. what is there 1 SEC team to go undefeated in a while .... auburn 03-04??/ ......

soonerinabilene
5/6/2008, 10:39 AM

I might be wrong since its been a few years, but I think they were DESTROYED by injuries the year after they beat Miami.

Fraggle145
5/6/2008, 11:30 AM
I think it is going to take more than one loss to get UGA out of the title game... look at LSU they had 2 last year. And I hope we play UGA in the title game, that is my 2nd alma mater and my gf's family is all from Georgia. that would be a fun time.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 11:38 AM
I think it is going to take more than one loss to get UGA out of the title game... look at LSU they had 2 last year. And I hope we play UGA in the title game, that is my 2nd alma mater and my gf's family is all from Georgia. that would be a fun time.

I agree and unless 2 other teams go undefeated (not a Boise or Hawaii) then they will get in with 1 loss.

badger
5/6/2008, 12:38 PM

The "NCAA SCREWS US, So LET'S SCREW THEM" Bowl :D

Our fates are intertwined. Somebody had to tell the NCAA that not everyone can make it to every game, like little children, sick people in hospitals, or elderly people in assisted living. They, too, need that once-per-week perk of watching OU and UGA football with all the champions, all the hedges along the field, all the Boomer Soonering, all the Bulldog barking.

Thus, we combined our forces against the greatest evil force of them all which does not even declare a sole champion, but decided to instead declare a sole game or two that could be televised annually, so two schools gave our sole lawsuit and changed college football forever.

...but, we'll beat you for that crystal football, thank you very much :D

soonermix
5/6/2008, 12:51 PM

Georgia loses early every year i think they like to shoot themselves in the foot but they probably will be the first in line of anybody with 1 loss.

Collier11
5/6/2008, 01:10 PM
Oh, I totally agree with you. If anybody goes undefeated its OU, USC/ or Ohio State

Usc lost alot, I doubt they go undefeated. Having said that, can you imagine the uproar and dissapointment if BCS blunders OU and ohio st meet in the title game, the media would have a field day with that and I would love it :D

Fraggle145
5/6/2008, 02:16 PM
Georgia loses early every year i think they like to shoot themselves in the foot but they probably will be the first in line of anybody with 1 loss.

Actually they usually lose around game 5-6, about halfway through giving them plenty of time to go back to the top.

Still want to meet them at the end and beat them down... I will then own bragging rights for years. :D

soonervegas
5/6/2008, 02:47 PM
I think the worst case scenario would be a USC/Ohio State rematch after USC has beat them by 14-20 pts.

starrca23
5/6/2008, 02:53 PM
I think the worst case scenario would be a USC/Ohio State rematch after USC has beat them by 14-20 pts.

And yet everyone who reads that post thinks to themself...given the schedules of both teams it will probably happen.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 02:57 PM
Maybe Ohio State can wait 100 days to find out if they're in the big game like every other year.

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 02:58 PM
Usc lost alot, I doubt they go undefeated. Having said that, can you imagine the uproar and dissapointment if BCS blunders OU and ohio st meet in the title game, the media would have a field day with that and I would love it :D

I hear ya!!!!

As for LSU 2 loses this season... come on this season was all messed up. A typical year of college football is an undefeated team maybe 2, and a couple 1 loss teams. I don’t think 2 L’s gets you in this year, because if Georgia loses 2 games this year, I think 1 of those will be in the SEC championship. Even though we still got in after losing ours back in 03-04. Any who, who knows, I do know that we control are own destiny…. Just like everyear. I'd love to see
Oklahoma vs. Auburn

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 03:01 PM
I really think Auburn has a chance.

just in from a Mizzo fan

May 6, 2008 2:17 pm Score: 93 Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate: Log-in to rate:
Now i know Ou beat MU twice last year but it wasnt because they had more skill if you watched both games things just fell OU's way. Now OU lost their best players on D and your telling me they are going to be better they lost half of their D and you expect them to beable to beat the likes of texas tech Texas and the rest of the south, All i have to say is they lost about as much as you can lose in one season and you are already sucking their dick. Also let me remind you about Colt McCoy he was great his first year a lot like Brad was at Ou but he didnt fair so well his second season. OU better look of the Run game to work b/c if it doesnt i look for Brad to have a season like Colt. I am not saying their not going to be good but until you see their Dfense play someone meaningfull i am skeptical. What do you think?

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 03:24 PM
Here's hoping we rise to #2 and have the annual honor of killing Ohio State for the title :D

Movable Object vs. Stoppable Force :O

Youngsooner
5/6/2008, 03:44 PM
#3 is where i would have us ranked, seems pretty fair.. but I'd like to see us finish number one ;)

If USC beat Ohio St. (Which i would put my money on) they'll more than likely jump to the number one spot. It could be a NC game vs Ohio St. and USC as a rematch too if there are no other undefeated teams.

soonermix
5/6/2008, 03:45 PM
Actually they usually lose around game 5-6, about halfway through giving them plenty of time to go back to the top.

Still want to meet them at the end and beat them down... I will then own bragging rights for years. :D

ok game 5-6 technically halfway but it is after 4 cupcake games and 1-2 games into conference play so i call that early sue me

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 04:18 PM

just in from a Mizzo fan

Now i know Ou beat MU twice last year but it wasnt because they had more skill if you watched both games things just fell OU's way. Now OU lost their best players on D and your telling me they are going to be better they lost half of their D and you expect them to beable to beat the likes of texas tech Texas and the rest of the south, All i have to say is they lost about as much as you can lose in one season and you are already sucking their dick. Also let me remind you about Colt McCoy he was great his first year a lot like Brad was at Ou but he didnt fair so well his second season. OU better look of the Run game to work b/c if it doesnt i look for Brad to have a season like Colt. I am not saying their not going to be good but until you see their Dfense play someone meaningfull i am skeptical. What do you think?

I am calling Aggy on this post.....

Breadburner
5/6/2008, 04:20 PM

+1.....

mdklatt
5/6/2008, 04:24 PM

Nope, I think Mizzou fans really are just that clueless.

The only things falling anywhere in San Antonio were Booger McGee's incomplete passes.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 04:26 PM
To be fair, between falling boogers, incomplete passes, and sacks..the Big XII Championship turf had enough of Chase to last a lifetime...

Landthief 1972
5/6/2008, 04:31 PM

Because it's the internet equivalent of screaming at us; it's harder to read all caps; and it just says, "I'm too lazy to use the shift key and type like a halfway-educated person."

RedstickSooner
5/6/2008, 04:40 PM
This line, "The Defense Department doesn't have this much firepower." Should've been, "If the Pentagon had this much firepower, it'd be called the Department of Offense."

Otherwise, it ends up sounding redundant, having the Defense Department followed by mention of the team's mediocre defense.

Just sayin'.

JDawg2303
5/6/2008, 04:42 PM
It has got to kill Fexas that an analyst has both Missouri and Kansas ranked in front of them (despite that they may be overrated). That makes Fexas 4th in the Big XII :D

josh09
5/6/2008, 05:02 PM
The Big XII is tuff.

WORD.

5 teams in the top 12, wow.

shaun4411
5/6/2008, 06:43 PM
if you ask osu fans, theyll contend for the big 12

CatfishSooner
5/6/2008, 06:59 PM
# 8 this year baby!

Jason White's Third Knee
5/7/2008, 01:27 PM
The Ohio State comment is dumb. They had 13 explore the draft an only 1 left. We could have done similar, so I guess we are loaded. They have proven any more then we have in BCS bowls. I guess they don't have to play a conference championship so they can sit back and wait to see who doesn't get in to BCS Championship.

Hey, I explored the draft and I was loaded.

Check

and

Mate.

JLEW1818
5/7/2008, 05:09 PM
The big 12 looks good. Ou, mizzo , kansas, ut... but i can promise that 1 of these teams will be HUGE bust.
I'm calling a Kansas fluke.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 09:53 AM
It's not just that OU lost four straight. It's also that two of them were also humiliating losses.

Bob hasn't just had a run of bad luck, he's had his *** handed to him a couple of times.

calm down ash.

count your blessings.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 09:58 AM

agreed. Just go down their schedule. They don't have many wins this year.

nonconference:
FIU: W
La Tech: W
@ USF: (.5)W
Sam Houston: W

3.5 - 0.5

conference:
@ISU: W
CU: (.5)W
@OU: L
TTU: L
KSU: W
@NU: (.5)W
UT: L
MU: L

3 - 5

overall:
6.5 - 5.5

so 7-5 or 6-6.

Typical KU football. But I will say that they are a scary team to play right now. Not a typical .540% ballclub.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 10:02 AM
Mizzou is too high.

mizzou is ranked awfully high. and i agree in that i don't think they'll be the 5th best team in the country, but look at their schedule and tell me how they're going to have more than 1 loss after the regular season.

They'll be 11-1 going into the CCG against OU (in all likelihood) and I think OU will be 12-0 and it will be for the right to go to the NC game.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 10:08 AM

just in from a Mizzo fan

dumb question but Granger and McCoy are both back, yah? From what I remember they were a large reason as to why OU won the CCG game. It seemed as if those two were like cancer...unstoppable! MU was able to do nothing on offense because there was always one or the other in "booger-eater's" face.

Also, this guy's out of bounds. MU does not have the calibre of player that OU does. First stringers may be relatively close, but MU has very little depth.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 10:10 AM
Anyone else think it's almost time to throw Clemson into the "Notre Dame & Michigan Club?" It seems like Notre Dame and Michigan are never ranked as high at the end of the season as they were in the preseason. And it seems like every year I see Clemson in the 10-20 range, and they always comes out at 7-5.

hmm...

badger
5/8/2008, 10:13 AM
if you ask osu fans, theyll contend for the big 12

In golf... in wrestling... you know, those sports that they have all those championships in that make them so much better than the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners ;)

In reality, they have this schedule to compete with:

Washington State at Seattle.

Result: Boone Pickens takes his private plane up there, Dallas Morning News writes another feature on his die-hard Poke love... but the plane leaves early when OSU falls behind by four touchdowns in the third.

Troy @ Boone Stadium

Normally we'd write this off as a win, but after the Friday Night Comedy last season (if you missed that game, you missed a lot and you should still be kicking yourself), we can only hope for a repeat... not because we want them to be a weak, unranked opponent like most years, but because it was hilarious.

Texas A&M @ BS

Say what you will about Fran, but former Packer coach Mike Shermanator is no slouch. He will reform all the crap that caused A&M to get sluggish against the likes of Tech, us and Okie State (still not sure how they pulled off that win over Texas... whatever). This will be a tough game and likely another loss for Poke State.

Note: By this point in the season, the Pokes are 2-3 and the stadium is more than half empty. Yay, leg room!

Missouri at Columbia

LOSS!

Texas at Austin

'Nother loss!

Texas Tech at Lubbock

Did I ever mention how much Mike Leach rocks? When asked what he thought of moving Tech-OSU to Dallas, he responded "Actually, I'd like to play them all in Lubbock." This may be the final one in Lubbock, but we can pretty much guarantee another Poke loss here.

Note: If you are doing the math, this point of the season is likely 4-6, with wins over Baylor, Iowa St., Missouri State and Houston. That means...

Colorado at Boulder

OSU claims 2008 Fiesta Bowl championship (and keeping their real bowl hopes alive) for beating the team that the gooners didn't the year before.

OU @ BS

So, they are likely 5-6 now and dependent on a Badlem victory for a bowl possibility. OU is undefeated, but the Pokes call into Sports Animal to remind everyone that they beat the really tough CU team that Oklahoma didn't. W00t. A definitely loss for the Pokes as they cry tears of unfathomable sadness in their oversized stadium. They bought season tickets to watch this?!
---
A best-case scenario for Poke is beating Troy at home to avenge last year and pulling off an A&M upset, which would change their record to 7-5, which will let Gundy linger longer. I just don't see them finishing higher than that.

Youngsooner
5/8/2008, 11:23 AM

just in from a Mizzo fan

They GAVE us both games? mannn... we're lucky SOB's:D

badger
5/8/2008, 11:41 AM
They GAVE us both games? mannn... we're lucky SOB's:D

Dubya: "There's an old saying in Missouri... they have it in Texas, I'm pretty sure they have it in Missouri too. Beat me to the ground once, shame on... shame on you. Beat me to the twice, don't beat me again!"

They're daaaaaaaaang lucky they don't have us on their schej, or they'd be begging us "Don't beat me again."

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 11:53 AM
Curtis Lofton called...He's tired of dragging Chase Daniel all the way to Atlanta

badger
5/8/2008, 12:01 PM
Curtis Lofton called...He's tired of dragging Chase Daniel all the way to Atlanta

Worthless without pics:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/11-07/1130ou.jpg

;)

soonerfan28
5/8/2008, 12:28 PM
Here's the way I see it. Mizzou lost the most productive recievers they had over the last 3 years in Rucker and William Franklin. Franklin had 413 in 05, 829 in 06, and 709 in 07. Rucker had 567 in 05, 511 in 06, and 834 in 07. They will be missed and other then Coffman they have nobody else to keep teams from doubling Maclin.

SbOrOiNaEnR
5/8/2008, 01:41 PM

Was this a question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

poke4christ
5/8/2008, 03:40 PM
No way Tech that good.

badger
5/8/2008, 08:58 PM
No way Tech that good.

Would you say that Tech is... garbage? ;)

poke4christ
5/8/2008, 11:59 PM
Would you say that Tech is... garbage? ;)

D'oh, that's one opportunity I just won't get back :D

soonersn20xx
5/9/2008, 07:36 PM
I see OU/Georgia playing for it all...... it will be a great, close, exciting squeaker with us winning.

MojoRisen
5/9/2008, 07:52 PM
Gutter garbage - I hope we blast them by 5 TD's in Norman - kind of like the let er rip game !

Vegas Sooner
5/9/2008, 08:08 PM
..pretty dead on