PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Hornets could win the NBA title this year ???

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 09:51 PM
...they are giving San Antonio all they want in game two...

MojoRisen
5/5/2008, 10:27 PM
Yes,

And since I can not start a thread tonight- I though That I would share

Bo pelini the new RAT BOY extrordinaire!
Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was met by the second-largest spring game crowd in history.

A TOUGH TICKET: Obviously excited about the potential of their program under new coach Bo Pelini, a crowd of 80,149 attended Nebraska's spring game. A sellout was declared a week before the game. Reserved tickets were sold for $10, but ticket brokers reportedly were getting as much as $100. As a comparison, Vanderbilt offers season-ticket packages for $99.
• Suggested by their team nutritionist as a way to get motivated to stay in shape, Oregon offensive linemen posed for photos for a calendar that's being sold for $20. Among the photos are Jacob Hucko in scuba gear, a shirtless Jeff Kendall on a scooter and Mark Lewis in a barrel. Money raised for the sales will go to the National Childhood Obesity Foundation. "We all grew up as fat kids," Kendall said.

• North Carolina's ram mascot – Rameses XVII, who was 8 – died from wounds he received after he was head-butted by another ram. The other ram? His son Pablo, who is 3. Infection set in after Rameses had a horn broken off in the collision. Pablo now takes on the name Rameses XVIII and succeeds his father as the Tar Heels' mascot.

• While touring the Florida football offices, four-star tight end prospect Orson Charles posed for a photo with the Heisman Trophy won by Tim Tebow. In the process, he accidentally bumped into a table that held the Gators' 2006 national championship trophy. The $35,000 trophy toppled over and broke. Fortunately, it was insured, and another one is on the way. Ironically, Charles' high school coach had described him as a "bull in a china shop."

• Well, it seemed like a good idea: Big-name music acts would play stadiums of big-time college football programs the night before spring games to raise big bucks. ZZ Top would play Texas A&M. Alan Jackson would play Alabama. Fergie was going to play Penn State. The Counting Crows were going to play Colorado. Players would attend the concerts and fans would text-message votes in a contest to determine who had the most school spirit. Alas, nobody checked to see if the players' involvement was against NCAA rules. It was. Two weeks before the shows were scheduled, they were canceled.

• Peter Tom Willis is a former Florida

MojoRisen
5/5/2008, 10:28 PM
Damn his pict would not come up- what do I have to do to post it.

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 10:29 PM
Yes,

And since I can not start a thread tonight- I though That I would share

Bo pelini the new RAT BOY extrordinaire!
Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was met by the second-largest spring game crowd in history.

A TOUGH TICKET: Obviously excited about the potential of their program under new coach Bo Pelini, a crowd of 80,149 attended Nebraska's spring game. A sellout was declared a week before the game. Reserved tickets were sold for $10, but ticket brokers reportedly were getting as much as $100. As a comparison, Vanderbilt offers season-ticket packages for $99.
• Suggested by their team nutritionist as a way to get motivated to stay in shape, Oregon offensive linemen posed for photos for a calendar that's being sold for $20. Among the photos are Jacob Hucko in scuba gear, a shirtless Jeff Kendall on a scooter and Mark Lewis in a barrel. Money raised for the sales will go to the National Childhood Obesity Foundation. "We all grew up as fat kids," Kendall said.

• North Carolina's ram mascot – Rameses XVII, who was 8 – died from wounds he received after he was head-butted by another ram. The other ram? His son Pablo, who is 3. Infection set in after Rameses had a horn broken off in the collision. Pablo now takes on the name Rameses XVIII and succeeds his father as the Tar Heels' mascot.

• While touring the Florida football offices, four-star tight end prospect Orson Charles posed for a photo with the Heisman Trophy won by Tim Tebow. In the process, he accidentally bumped into a table that held the Gators' 2006 national championship trophy. The $35,000 trophy toppled over and broke. Fortunately, it was insured, and another one is on the way. Ironically, Charles' high school coach had described him as a "bull in a china shop."

• Well, it seemed like a good idea: Big-name music acts would play stadiums of big-time college football programs the night before spring games to raise big bucks. ZZ Top would play Texas A&M. Alan Jackson would play Alabama. Fergie was going to play Penn State. The Counting Crows were going to play Colorado. Players would attend the concerts and fans would text-message votes in a contest to determine who had the most school spirit. Alas, nobody checked to see if the players' involvement was against NCAA rules. It was. Two weeks before the shows were scheduled, they were canceled.

• Peter Tom Willis is a former Florida

w/t/f...

MojoRisen
5/5/2008, 10:34 PM
You have to see the pitct on rivals

He is the new sutton- Rat Boy

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 10:53 PM
Rus, you've been Rick Rolled

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 10:55 PM
I've been jacked, darn, I knew I should have made this a poll..

MojoRisen
5/5/2008, 10:59 PM
My bad- please see the new pic of Bo pellini on Rivals-

and yes- Hornets are the real deal...

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 11:02 PM
My bad- please see the new pic of Bo pellini on Rivals-

and yes- Hornets are the real deal...

No problem, cool....:pop:

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 11:04 PM
puss...

;)

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 11:06 PM
puss...

;)

Good point , you sorry SOB what are you thinking !!!!! This is about our Hornets...

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 11:17 PM
Now we're talking!

Rivals, pfhht. I fart in their general direction.

Oh, and "our" hornets? Come on, if they would have missed the playoffs, no one in Oklahoma would be saying "we" missed the playoffs. You'd be saying "I can't wait till the new team gets here." :D

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 11:21 PM
Hornets final, win go up 2-0 ...102-84

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 11:22 PM
San Antonio didn't learn much from watching "us" crash and burn.

Paul is a freak.

BillyBall
5/7/2008, 03:18 PM
Chris Paul has an assist to turnover ratio of 84:9 in the playoffs thus far. Thats ****ing stupid...

NormanPride
5/7/2008, 04:42 PM
Manu is gimpy, Tim has a high fever, and I'm making excuses.

I think the Hornets are a terrible matchup for us, and us being dinged up a bit is making it worse. Hopefully we were dogging it the first couple games to rest up and get on a streak at home. ;)

Curly Bill
5/7/2008, 05:47 PM
I think the Hornets end up taking out the Spurs in 6 games, maybe even in 5, then losing to the Lakers in 6.

BigRedJed
5/7/2008, 07:03 PM
I think the answer is yes, they could, but they probably won't. The playoff experience they're facing the rest of the way is pretty daunting. But they have the best chemistry in the league, with the possible, surprising (one season?) exception of Boston.

But they WILL be nicely positoned for a long run of playoff years, if they can keep this lineup mostly intact. These guys are young. And awesome.

NormanPride
5/9/2008, 11:38 AM
It's not fair how good our division is.