PDA

View Full Version : hi y'all

StuMondo
5/5/2008, 04:48 PM
Gonna try to make it down to Norman this year for the Husker game. Never been before. What're all the good bars/places to go to have a good time?

any suggestions are appreciated.

grazie'

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/5/2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome Husker.

Collier11
5/5/2008, 04:59 PM
Gonna try to make it down to Norman this year for the Husker game. Never been before. What're all the good bars/places to go to have a good time?

any suggestions are appreciated.

grazie'

As far as on campus corner, these are my picks

Logans is a good bar, kind of trendy. The Deli has good live music and cheap beer but is a dumpy dive bar. 747 is where all the Frat/sorrority crowd go, decent place. If you want something more laid back go to Louies. Just depends on your taste, I like Logans the best but that is me. Game day experience you have to stop by Oconnells which is across the street from the stadium

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/5/2008, 05:08 PM
As far as on campus corner, these are my picks

Logans is a good bar, kind of trendy. The Deli has good live music and cheap beer but is a dumpy dive bar. 747 is where all the Frat/sorrority crowd go, decent place. If you want something more laid back go to Louies. Just depends on your taste, I like Logans the best but that is me. Game day experience you have to stop by Oconnells which is across the street from the stadium

Who knows if they'll ever finish it, but O'Connell's should be on Campus Corner by then.

StuMondo
5/5/2008, 05:08 PM
also, is it true that you boys from oklahoma roll your joints all wrong?

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/5/2008, 05:10 PM

If that's in reference to Jason White's knee then I would advise you to tread lightly.

Collier11
5/5/2008, 05:15 PM
Who knows if they'll ever finish it, but O'Connell's should be on Campus Corner by then.

I had heard that they will finish out the year at the old location?

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/5/2008, 05:17 PM
Cool. Parking is bad enough over there now during the week.

yermom
5/5/2008, 05:19 PM
If that's in reference to Jason White's knee then I would advise you to tread lightly.

http://www.imeem.com/people/XMd-DD/music/8k8x3Ugd/cross_canadian_ragweed_them_boys_from_oklahoma_rol l_their_jo/

BigRedJed
5/5/2008, 05:32 PM
On the Live & Loud At The Wormy Dog Saloon (Stillwater) CD, they say "those faggots down in Norman roll their joints all wrong..." I was talking to one of the band dudes about that a couple of months ago, and he said they were afraid they would hear about that the next time they were in Norman, but curiously enough the people in Norman love it. Not sure what to make of that.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2008, 05:39 PM
since their sports teams in stillwater havent done anything to put on a t shirt in a while, you can always spot an aggie wearing that band's t shirt...

"We caint beatcha en futebul or baseketball, but leesten to whut thes band sade boutchu in der song"

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 05:48 PM
I'm gonna be ****ed if Veritas doesn't show up at the Tailgate. I owe him a few drinks from our Friday night in Lincoln.

SteelClip49
5/5/2008, 06:08 PM
The Library is a nice little place but if you blink you will miss it as it hides in the trees and bushes; Louie's is one of my favorite places and you can't go wrong with it. When you leave, make sure you hit up Rusty's for some damn good frizen custard.

OKLA21FAN
5/5/2008, 07:01 PM
watch out for those Hillbillys carrying those pesky pop guns!

Sooner_Havok
5/5/2008, 07:25 PM
Sugars :D

YWIA

shaun4411
5/5/2008, 07:58 PM
dennys is a happening place to get drunk before a game. good people.

StuMondo
5/5/2008, 09:49 PM

ok, so O'Connell's sounds like the place to be then? Is this a can't miss place?

yeah, I'm gonna talk trash about this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpOlRpfqqdw

that makes about as much sense as you boys talking trash to me about this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJtZYKIzzZE

Really, I'm not in any position to do any trash talking (to anyone) after the season we just had.

And I'm not going to.

Just want to go down there, get drunk and havea good time with y'all.

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 09:52 PM
stu....

Collier11
5/5/2008, 09:52 PM
as long as you hate callenberger and will admit his amazing dooshyness then we will all get along

soonerinabilene
5/6/2008, 10:36 AM
as long as you hate callenberger and will admit his amazing dooshyness then we will all get along

That pretty much means we get along with every person in the world, i think.

StuMondo
5/6/2008, 11:01 AM

it's not really important how I feel about Billy C is it? This is a Sooner board, yah?

BoonesFarmSooner
5/6/2008, 11:03 AM

Seems like us F'ing Hillbillies can't do nothin right!

Personally, Bonnes likes to exploit the cheap labor down here in texas!

If you're there a day early, you might want to go grab a Sooner Swirl and some queso at The Mont.

Collier11
5/6/2008, 01:11 PM
it's not really important how I feel about Billy C is it? This is a Sooner board, yah?

it is and it is

stoops the eternal pimp
5/6/2008, 01:59 PM
Is today Troll Tuesday?

ric311
5/6/2008, 02:13 PM
I, for one, was very sad to see Bill Callahan go. On the bright side, shortbus Shawn Watson and his penchant for picking his nose on national TV is the OC, so life is still good.

soonerinabilene
5/6/2008, 03:22 PM
Is today Troll Tuesday?

we got a husker and a buff in this thread. Did I miss someone?

ric311
5/6/2008, 04:08 PM
we got a husker and a buff in this thread. Did I miss someone?

You callin me a troll?

hmph.

StuMondo
5/6/2008, 05:40 PM
it is and it is

I got a lot of mixed feelings about Bill. He did a lot of good things. Did a lot of not so good things. Did a lot of things right, did some things wrong.

I'll tell you this, I do not have a hard-on for the current staff and administration like most every other Husker you talk to. I don't not like it, I'm just not all worked up into a lather like every other Husker fan. It seems there's a lot of disorganization in the North Stadium these days.

I don't think anymore details on the Husker's thoughts of the Huskers program is necessary.

I'm just hoping I can find some tickets for the game in Norman this year because I don't care how bad NU is, or how good OU is, it is still the NU/OU game. And while it may not matter on a national level, or hell, even on a conference level anymore, it still matters to us up here in these 93 counties. And I hope it still means something to y'all down south there.

also, ric, funny story about watson...

some people are already, after only the spring game, talking about how many bubble screens they saw in the spring game. Knew you'd appreciate that being a Buff fan.

CatfishSooner
5/6/2008, 06:36 PM
OU/NU game you mean, right?

Collier11
5/6/2008, 06:59 PM
what did he do good other than recruit decent? His tenure was a disaster...he made a very well respected program a laughing stock

Ash
5/6/2008, 07:08 PM
I got a lot of mixed feelings about Bill. He did a lot of good things. Did a lot of not so good things. Did a lot of things right, did some things wrong.

I'll tell you this, I do not have a hard-on for the current staff and administration like most every other Husker you talk to. I don't not like it, I'm just not all worked up into a lather like every other Husker fan. It seems there's a lot of disorganization in the North Stadium these days.

I don't think anymore details on the Husker's thoughts of the Huskers program is necessary.

I'm just hoping I can find some tickets for the game in Norman this year because I don't care how bad NU is, or how good OU is, it is still the NU/OU game. And while it may not matter on a national level, or hell, even on a conference level anymore, it still matters to us up here in these 93 counties. And I hope it still means something to y'all down south there.

some people are already, after only the spring game, talking about how many bubble screens they saw in the spring game. Knew you'd appreciate that being a Buff fan.

"these 93 counties"? who the hell talks like that, even if you are parading as a hayseed?

BigRedJed
5/6/2008, 10:09 PM
what did he do good other than recruit decent? His tenure was a disaster...he made a very well respected program a laughing stock
Let's leave John Blake out of this.

Collier11
5/6/2008, 10:58 PM
funny how they mirror each other so much huh?

StuMondo
5/6/2008, 11:13 PM
OU/NU game you mean, right?

yeah, that's what I meant!

:D

StuMondo
5/6/2008, 11:16 PM
"these 93 counties"? who the hell talks like that, even if you are parading as a hayseed?

I was just trying to get the point across that everyone from Chadron to Rulo wants this game. Sorry to have pist you off.

insuranceman_22
5/6/2008, 11:29 PM
Shake it off Stu - you came in peace.....it's cool.

Collier11
5/6/2008, 11:57 PM
Im not trying to be a jerk but I really would like to know what you think Callenberger did that was good? He alienated the fan base, alumni, etc... he had horrible teams, he had some of the worst losses in NU history, he embarrassed many by his actions, and on and on. What was it that you saw that he did that was good?

Sooner_Havok
5/7/2008, 01:37 AM
I can still see good in Blake. Hell, without him, 4 straight BCS bowl losses would look even worse. Silver linings guys, silver linings.

ric311
5/7/2008, 12:35 PM

How many 5-yard outs on third and 7?

Jason White's Third Knee
5/7/2008, 01:13 PM

YOu rang?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 01:17 PM
I think he meant his first or second, not his third

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 11:00 AM
Im not trying to be a jerk but I really would like to know what you think Callenberger did that was good? He alienated the fan base, alumni, etc... he had horrible teams, he had some of the worst losses in NU history, he embarrassed many by his actions, and on and on. What was it that you saw that he did that was good?

He alienated the fan base, alumni, etc
He did not alienate the fan base as much a faction of the fanbase alienated themselves from him, simply because, "fancy NFL coach coming in here gonna throw the ball. We don't need to throw the ball, just keep feeding our O-Line steriods and let them pound it out on the ground."

he had horrible teams
His only horrible team was his first. Comprised entirely of Frank Solich players. It sucked how Bill didn't adjust his stategy to fit his players at all but whatever. I think NU wins two extra games that year if Bill had just adjusted some of his offensive playcalling to fit his players, most notably QB Joe Dailey, who I think, still to this day wasn't that bad ofa QB, in the right system. Under what Bill was trying to do, Dailey was about as effective as my mother under center.

His last team was terrible, but only because of the defensive strategy and coaching. The players were good! In retrospect, Coz was brutal and as head coach, Bill should've seen that and taken care of the problem sooner. But that's a Bill blunder, not getting Coz out sooner. I can't really defend that. But Bill worked with the offense, that's what he was, an offensive guy, and our offense was not the problem.

he had some of the worst losses in NU history,
This goes back to him not changing his gameplanning to fit his players. The TTU game is a prime example of this. He was going to implement his gameplan and in due time, once he had his type of players, the gameplan would work. But not really until then I guess.

he embarrassed many by his actions, and on and on.
He would occasionally let his emotions get the best of him. Most notabley were his "f-ing hillbillies" comment and his throatslash. Both pertain to this board. Yeah, they were mistakes, but really, as a Nebraska fan, I'm not going to get worked up if the guy is developing a sense of hatred for the Sooners and let's a "f-ing hillbillies" comment fly. (What I'm most worried about is what does he think of Nebraskans then! Because all joking aside, really, is there any difference? Especially for a kid from Chicago?) And the throatslash, hey, he wanted to win and thought he was getting a raw deal by the refs, it happens. I'm not going to fault the guy for showing a little emotion. I actually thought it was pretty funny. No, I'm not condoning it or saying it was appropriate. But it wasn't the end of the world.

Bill's time at Nebraska could have, should have, and would have, been a success, in my mind, had he had better personnel coaching on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not pointing the finger at ALL of the defensive coaching staff either, just a select few.

It doesn't matter though, it's in the past. It's over. Get over it. Bo is our coach now. For better or worse.

Is that adequate Collier?

swardboy
5/8/2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah Collier! S**t ain't s**t, it's fertilizer!!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 11:36 AM
seems since he was the head guy, the defensive personnel and their blunders ultimately fall on his shoulders since he's the one that hired them...

nm...I actually decided to read all of your post....not sure why

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 11:43 AM
"his only horrible team was his first"
"his last team was terrible"

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 12:42 PM

I didn't mean it in that tone. I was merely asking if that answered his questions.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 12:43 PM
seems since he was the head guy, the defensive personnel and their blunders ultimately fall on his shoulders since he's the one that hired them...

nm...I actually decided to read all of your post....not sure why

I believe I addressed this when I stated the following,

"Bill should've seen that and taken care of the problem sooner. But that's a Bill blunder, not getting Coz out sooner."

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 12:50 PM
"his only horrible team was his first"
"his last team was terrible"

yeah, that was poorly worded.

Clarification:

His first team was horrible. But as I stated, everyone on that team was brought to the program by the venerable Frank Solich who should be revered as perhaps the greatest coach in Nebraska history to go 16-12 in his last 28 games after taking over the pinnacle program in the nation only 5 years previous.

The last team was a good team. The only thing that made the team perform as badly as it did was the defensive coaching (again, this is just my opinion. You may have a different opinion). The team was good and the talent on that team was good enough to play with anyone in the conference (not beat anyone in the conference consistently).

I honestly believe that with better defensive staff personnel, NU beats KU, OSU, A&M, and CU. Also, they don't look like a high school squad against Ball St. That immediately improves our record to 9-3 in the regular season with losses to USC, Texas, and a freakishly good Mizzouri team (freakishly good compared to what they normally are).

Does that help clarify?

Collier11
5/8/2008, 12:52 PM

thats what I was thinking

Collier11
5/8/2008, 12:53 PM

"Bill should've seen that and taken care of the problem sooner. But that's a Bill blunder, not getting Coz out sooner."

So, while defending most of them you also admitted to all of the horrible Callenberger blunders...Interesting how that works

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 01:06 PM

which is why i posted the nm which means "nevermind" and then the "I actually read the post"

stoops the eternal pimp
5/8/2008, 01:06 PM
yeah, that was poorly worded.

Clarification:

His first team was horrible. But as I stated, everyone on that team was brought to the program by the venerable Frank Solich who should be revered as perhaps the greatest coach in Nebraska history to go 16-12 in his last 28 games after taking over the pinnacle program in the nation only 5 years previous.

The last team was a good team. The only thing that made the team perform as badly as it did was the defensive coaching (again, this is just my opinion. You may have a different opinion). The team was good and the talent on that team was good enough to play with anyone in the conference (not beat anyone in the conference consistently).

I honestly believe that with better defensive staff personnel, NU beats KU, OSU, A&M, and CU. Also, they don't look like a high school squad against Ball St. That immediately improves our record to 9-3 in the regular season with losses to USC, Texas, and a freakishly good Mizzouri team (freakishly good compared to what they normally are).

Does that help clarify?

yes it does...

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 01:07 PM
So, while defending most of them you also admitted to all of the horrible Callenberger blunders...Interesting how that works

You're being very difficult. You either understand the point I'm making or you don't. I'm not going to elaborate any further.

Collier11
5/8/2008, 02:41 PM
Im not being difficult, but several of the points I made you attempted to argue only to agree with later on

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 03:08 PM
Im not being difficult, but several of the points I made you attempted to argue only to agree with later on

the first thing I said about Callahan was, "he did some good things and some bad things."

This should not be translated as:

"I think Callahan is the greatest coach in America with absolutely no flaws. He should not have been fired."

For goodness sakes he went 5-7 in his 4th year as head coach...at Nebraska! Guess what? That's not going to cut it! It's pretty hard not to fire a guy after a complete meltdown like that. All I'm saying is that he is not the devil-incarnate like so many out there across the nation and in Nebraska seem to think.

You point out some of the most prominent bad things that occurred in his tenure. I merely explained them and why they happened in more depth and give a different perspective on some of it.

royalfan5
5/8/2008, 03:26 PM
The key to getting along with Sooner fans as a Husker fan is to not be a d-bag like royalfan5. That dude is seriously lame.

StuMondo
5/8/2008, 03:27 PM
I think we can all agree that the bugeaters need to be squarshed again, and again, and again.

thanks for the kind welcome!

ric311
5/8/2008, 04:44 PM
I think we can all agree that the bugeaters need to be squarshed again, and again, and again.

Amen to that brother!

I don't care what game is being played. Football, basketball, curling... just beat the bugeaters. They're like a mutt that needs to be swatted on the nose over and over and over again until they behave.

BAD DOG!!!!

JLEW1818
5/8/2008, 04:57 PM
Heard Crouch was taking over.......