PDA

View Full Version : "Rep nominee" McCain reiterates his backing of Comprehensive Immigration Reform

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2008, 02:36 PM
but states he encourages that current immigration laws be enforced, until such time as he can help enact the new laws. (from a speech he gave today, somewhere. I heard him say it on radio) Sorta gets you tingly, no?

sooneron
5/5/2008, 03:15 PM
Please, hold your breath...

NormanPride
5/5/2008, 03:22 PM
Y'know, I listened to Rush yesterday. He sounds like Jim Rome, but angry about politics instead of sports.

LosAngelesSooner
5/5/2008, 03:54 PM
but states he encourages that current immigration laws be enforced, until such time as he can help enact the new laws. (from a speech he gave today, somewhere. I heard him say it on radio) Sorta gets you tingly, no?
Link?
:rolleyes:

sooner_born_1960
5/5/2008, 03:56 PM
Link?
:rolleyes:
Jeez. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112148)

LosAngelesSooner
5/5/2008, 04:07 PM
Jeez. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112148)
Ah. My bad. I just had my doubts because he was being so vague. But now that I've seen the hard proof...I have to concede. :)

NormanPride
5/5/2008, 04:08 PM
Wuss. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2008, 04:54 PM
Who doubts McCain said it?(and right on cue, Cinco de Mayo, to please the illegal voting block)

tommieharris91
5/5/2008, 06:52 PM
Way off topic, but what gets me about this debate is that the people who are for relaxed immigration enforcement so that Mexicans can get better jobs are the same people who are against outsourcing, and vice versa. These are actually the same thing, when y'all think about it.

Carry on.

Sooner_Havok
5/5/2008, 07:20 PM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/732/732814/talkshow-spikeferesten-andyrichter101IMG_0343_72_1158270290.jpg

I still say he ain't as funny any more

yermom
5/6/2008, 09:20 AM
Way off topic, but what gets me about this debate is that the people who are for relaxed immigration enforcement so that Mexicans can get better jobs are the same people who are against outsourcing, and vice versa. These are actually the same thing, when y'all think about it.

Carry on.

not when you look at the jobs each group is doing...

tommieharris91
5/6/2008, 03:03 PM
not when you look at the jobs each group is doing...

From the producer's side, it really is the same thing. Firms just want want their goods made as cheap as possible, so they'll go where they can get labor as cheap as possible. Besides, the sweat shop jobs, for as bad as they pay, usually are better than any other jobs available to those people.

sooner n houston
5/6/2008, 03:11 PM
Please quit reminding me why I will be holding my nose when I vote for McCain!

Frozen Sooner
5/6/2008, 03:23 PM

Carry on.

You should maybe think about it a little harder.

Giving a person in New Delhi a job does not have the same economic impact on the US that giving that same person a job in New York.

The guy in New Dehli doesn't pay US income tax.
The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy his food from US grocery stores.
The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy a house built by American contractors.
The guy in New Dehli....

Well, you get the point.

Harry Beanbag
5/6/2008, 05:11 PM
You should maybe think about it a little harder.

Giving a person in New Delhi a job does not have the same economic impact on the US that giving that same person a job in New York.

The guy in New Dehli doesn't pay US income tax.
The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy his food from US grocery stores.
The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy a house built by American contractors.
The guy in New Dehli....

Well, you get the point.

There are other ways to impact the U.S. economy.

The guy in New Delhi doesn't murder American citizens.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't account for half of all violent crime in some cities in the United States.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his incarceration.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't pay human smugglers to get his *** across the border and bring illegal drugs into the United States.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his and his giant family's healthcare.
The guy in new Delhi....

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 05:13 PM
The guy in new Delhi smells like ***....

Harry Beanbag
5/6/2008, 05:21 PM
The guy in new Delhi smells like ***....

I've personally never been to India, but I would imagine it is similar to the guy in the Middle East. And saying he smells like *** is an enormous understatement. Good heavens.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/6/2008, 05:34 PM
Personally when India becomes the world power they ARE becoming, I would rather be in their good graces ;)

Frozen Sooner
5/6/2008, 06:30 PM
There are other ways to impact the U.S. economy.

The guy in New Delhi doesn't murder American citizens.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't account for half of all violent crime in some cities in the United States.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his incarceration.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't pay human smugglers to get his *** across the border and bring illegal drugs into the United States.
The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his and his giant family's healthcare.
The guy in new Delhi....

Thank you for explaining what you think "exactly the same as outsourcing a job" means.

It's wrong, but it provides a different point of view, for sure.

Since what I was explaining why outsourcing a job and relaxing immigration enforcement aren't exactly the same thing, that could have been the only point to your post.

Harry Beanbag
5/6/2008, 06:37 PM
Thank you for explaining what you think "exactly the same as outsourcing a job" means.

It's wrong, but it provides a different point of view, for sure.

Since what I was explaining why outsourcing a job and relaxing immigration enforcement aren't exactly the same thing, that could have been the only point to your post.

I thought this was an immigration reform thread. Tommieharris even said his comment was way off topic, I was just getting it back on track. Sorry to ruffle your feathers Mike.

shaun4411
5/6/2008, 06:57 PM
immigrants are good. the ones that actually do pay tax are paying for social security that most will never get back. as martha stewart says : its a good thing.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/6/2008, 10:24 PM
but states he encourages that current immigration laws be enforced, until such time as he can help enact the new laws.

sounds quite reasonable, although enforcing the poorly designed current laws are about as successful as enforcing copyright and drug laws on college campuses. these dysfunctional worker visa laws are badly in need of reform. IF 12 million illegals aren't indicators, I don't know what is.

JohnnyMack
5/6/2008, 10:35 PM
Man somebody got all indignant up in this thread.

Ash
5/6/2008, 10:43 PM

Carry on.

You hear the stories all the time.

Joe Technology Major wanted to be a hotel maid, but that damn messican took his job. Then he stood on the street corner and gave his resume to every day labor hound that drove up, but none would take him because of those damn messicans. Then he walked up to the farm, but the damn messicans already were picking all of the crops by hand.