PDA

View Full Version : St. Maarten, Cozumel, Cancun???

TexasLidig8r
5/5/2008, 12:56 PM
Ok.. I turn really old in October... the significant other wants to take me on an exotic trip to celebrate.

What is being batted around right now is...

An All Inclusive in Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen or Cancun...

A small villa in St. Maarten (will cost more money)...

I've been to St. Maarten a few times... have been to Cancun once. She asked what my priorities were. I said, "a beach, mojitos, lots of sex and snorkeling."

Thoughts? Experiences with any of the locations?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

SoonerStormchaser
5/5/2008, 12:58 PM
St. Maarten is my choice...solely for Maho Beach!

soonermix
5/5/2008, 01:00 PM
go somewhere you haven't been before.

King Crimson
5/5/2008, 01:09 PM
go somewhere you haven't been before.

well, he included that when he said "lots of sex". :texan:

Sooner in Tampa
5/5/2008, 01:12 PM
St. Maarten...in my humble opinion, the most beautiful beaches in the world.

frankensooner
5/5/2008, 01:23 PM
There is some beautiful water at Cozumel. It is quite touristy though.

OUDoc
5/5/2008, 01:26 PM
Branson.
Old guy. ;)

nmsoonergirl
5/5/2008, 01:30 PM
I liked Playa del Carmen better than Cancun or Cozumel, but it's been a LONG time since I've been to any of them.

Are you buying her a ring for your birthday???

Flagstaffsooner
5/5/2008, 01:35 PM
Why dont you go to austin? That's where all the other old faggot lawyers hang out.;)

Howzit
5/5/2008, 01:45 PM
Depends on what you're planning to do outside of the resort.

Cancun has some beautiful water, but it can be so rough that you can't get to far into it.

Cozumel has some beautiful water also, but about 90% of the island (maybe not quite that high) is uninhabited and covered with this funky vegetation. or atleast it was before the hurricane, now I don't know if it's covered with anything. (In all fairness, that was 10 years ago). But it DOES have some awesome snorkeling, both in terms of affordable boat trips away from shore and along reefs right along the shore.

Never done Playa, so I don't know.

Personally, I would choose St Maarten because that's the one I haven't been to and I have heard good things about it.

OUDoc
5/5/2008, 01:47 PM
Isle of Lesbos.

Howzit
5/5/2008, 01:48 PM
Take her to a Hedonism resort.

mdklatt
5/5/2008, 01:52 PM
My recommendations (in order): Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas, Key Largo, Montego.

Howzit
5/5/2008, 01:53 PM
You left off Enid.

Taxman71
5/5/2008, 01:59 PM
My recommendations (in order): Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas, Key Largo, Montego.

Get there fast, then take it slow......

Fraggle145
5/5/2008, 02:28 PM
Get there fast, then take it slow......

thats where I want to go...

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 02:46 PM
I too vote for somewhere you've never been. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. Not much night life, but the restaurants are really good.

http://www.provo.com/

http://www.turksandcaicostourism.com/go/en/all-inclusive.html

http://turks-caicos.caribbeanway.com/water-sports.asp

JohnnyMack
5/5/2008, 02:51 PM
Big Splash?

sooneron
5/5/2008, 03:16 PM
I would vote Boca for your demographic.

No one wants to see a lot of old wrinkly skin at the hip places.

olevetonahill
5/5/2008, 03:49 PM
Ok.. I turn really old in October... the significant other wants to take me on an exotic trip to celebrate.

What is being batted around right now is...

An All Inclusive in Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen or Cancun...

A small villa in St. Maarten (will cost more money)...

I've been to St. Maarten a few times... have been to Cancun once. Sicem asked what my priorities were. I said, "a beach, mojitos, lots of sex and snorkeling."

Thoughts? Experiences with any of the locations?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Dayum you guys are slipping Bad .
Oh and Fixed ,:pop:

85Sooner
5/5/2008, 04:02 PM
1 St Maartan
2 XCARET outside playa
try xcaret.com

OUDoc
5/5/2008, 04:11 PM
Bingo at the Senior Center.

TexasLidig8r
5/5/2008, 04:29 PM
I've heard some good things about xcaret.. will look into that some more...

The more I think about it.... the more Club Orient beach at St. Maarten sounds better and better... great snorkeling... good food at Grand Casse...

On the other hand... Mexico is so close and less expensive...

And.. Sic.. err.. I mean "significant other" has not been to St. Maarten...

Have heard great things about Turks & Caicos too...

C&CDean
5/5/2008, 04:38 PM
I've been to them all.

I've done all-inclusives. Never again.

Here's my opinion:

St. Martin, hands down. If you wanted to dive, then I'd say Cozumel. I'd rather go to Lake Thunderbird than Cancun.

St. Martin offers many different styles/cultures/foods/etc. on a small island. Great food, great beaches, nice people (on the Dutch side anyhow). And it's not that expensive.

If you just want to **** her, take her to Cancun or whatever is cheaper. If you want to really have a great time in addition to the secks, then St. Martin.

St. Martin is our favorite Caribbean island overall. Better diving in Caymans and Cozumel, but overall you can't beat it.

olevetonahill
5/5/2008, 04:41 PM
I've been to them all.

I've done all-inclusives. Never again.

Here's my opinion:

St. Martin, hands down. If you wanted to dive, then I'd say Cozumel. I'd rather go to Lake Thunderbird than Cancun.

St. Martin offers many different styles/cultures/foods/etc. on a small island. Great food, great beaches, nice people (on the Dutch side anyhow). And it's not that expensive.

If you just want to **** him, take him to Cancun or whatever is cheaper. If you want to really have a great time in addition to the secks, then St. Martin.

St. Martin is our favorite Caribbean island overall. Better diving in Caymans and Cozumel, but overall you can't beat it.

Dayum even Dean is Messin up .:D

soonermix
5/5/2008, 04:50 PM
thats where I want to go...

way down in kokomo

C&CDean
5/5/2008, 04:52 PM
Dayum even Dean is Messin up .:D

Even I have too much pride to take this softball outta the park on ol' Lid.

Taxman71
5/5/2008, 04:58 PM
It's beginning to sound like Key West is a better option....They are real friendly there I hear.

SoonerStormchaser
5/5/2008, 05:45 PM
St. Maarten!!!!!
(http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Air-Lines/Boeing-757-232/1350837/L/)

ric311
5/5/2008, 06:29 PM
I've not been to St. Maarten, but I've heard great things. I have been to the other places, though. So take this for what it's worth - I'd go to St. Maarten.

Turd_Ferguson
5/5/2008, 06:29 PM
Nutt'n like a 744 tap'n ya on the noggin:D
http://images3.jetphotos.net/img/1/1/8/6/19911_1178151681.jpg

soonerbrat
5/5/2008, 07:18 PM

what about kokomo?

AlbqSooner
5/5/2008, 08:03 PM
Caymans have the best diving in the Caribbean IMHO. There is a reef that is snorkleable from the beach just east of Georgetown. Devils Grotto. Look for the Eden Roc dive shop. It is behind that and from 2 feet to 45 feet deep. It holds amazing amounts of marine life.

Cozumel has some nice dive sites but not so much for the snorkler.

Turks and Caicos have snorkle and dive sites that approximate Caymans.

They are all excellent for lying around being a tourista in the Caribbean.

All-inclusives are good for holding down the bar tab but the food is pretty much dorm cafeteria quality.

VeeJay
5/5/2008, 08:13 PM
Been a long time since me and my drinkin' buddies went to Mexico. We'd always go down there with the intention of drinking and bangin' chicks. We ended up drinking and fighting, usually.

For the cosmopolitan woman who doesn't want to be bothered with any inconveniences, four star hotels, chic shopping, etc. I'd say Cancun. For the laid back chick who just wants to spend the afternoons bar-hopping, having a good time and taking in some incredible unspoiled beaches, I'd recommend Cozumel.

Of course, you could book Cancun and take the ferry to Cozumel for the day. Not a bad option.

Soonerus
5/5/2008, 08:16 PM
All inclusive = bad...

Turd_Ferguson
5/5/2008, 08:22 PM
All inclusive = bad...You ain't ****'n. Took the wife to Cancuun on an all inclusive trip so I could eat horse meat and drink watered down cervaza in dixie cups.:mad:

jkjsooner
5/5/2008, 08:46 PM
You ain't ****'n. Took the wife to Cancuun on an all inclusive trip so I could eat horse meat and drink watered down cervaza in dixie cups.:mad:

Not all all inclusive resorts are equal. There are some good ones.

C&CDean
5/5/2008, 08:47 PM
Even if an all-inclusive has great food/drinks, it still blows.

You're out having a great time, and suddenly you go "dang, I'm hungry, I guess we have to go back to the hotel since we paid for it already...."

Every time I've done an all-inclusive I've ended up spending a bunch more money on food/drinks because I don't feel like leaving the good time and going back to the hotel.

All-inclusives are strictly for lazy people who do nothing but sit at the hotel. And even then, the same grub gets old after a day or two.

VeeJay
5/5/2008, 09:03 PM
I've been to them all.

Wait. You're buying a hunnert thousand dollar John Deere tractor and you're slinking off to the hoity toity five star resorts?

Pardon me mister, but Jed Clampett you ain't!

C&CDean
5/5/2008, 09:06 PM
Wait. You're buying a hunnert thousand dollar John Deere tractor and you're slinking off to the hoity toity five star resorts?

Pardon me mister, but Jed Clampett you ain't!

Damn straight. I've worked for my money, it didn't come boiling out da ground like black gold, Texas tea...

olevetonahill
5/6/2008, 12:18 AM
Even I have too much pride to take this softball outta the park on ol' Lid.

But I LObed it fer Ya :D

soonerbrat
5/6/2008, 09:33 AM
I had a great time at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta. I took 2 day trips that included breakfast and lunch (a horseback riding trip to a tequila factory and a snorkeling "booze cruise") and went to town for dinner once, but the rest of the time I stayed on the resort..they had free snorkeling and windsurfing and kayaking there, so I was pretty busy and happy with it. the drinks were not bad. The airfare/hotel (all inclusive) was $450 for a week, so I had plenty of extra spending money for the day ventures.

ric311
5/6/2008, 02:17 PM
Caymans have the best diving in the Caribbean IMHO.

If you really believe that, you need to go to Roatan. Hands down by far the best diving in the Caribbean.

r5TPsooner
5/6/2008, 02:52 PM
Aruba, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, St. Martens, Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Cozumel.