PDA

View Full Version : Cool PGA tourney coming to my town!... (Volunteer?)

sooneron
5/5/2008, 12:25 PM
What are the preferred things to volunteer for? I have thought about doing this in the past, but the trek to the course was too far to really consider the full day since I have to either pick up or drop off the kid. I would think standard bearer or scorer would be cool. Any opinions?
\
Yes, KC, it's a Tillinghast!

http://www.thebarclaysgolf.com/

And yes, it's Fedex cup.

mdklatt
5/5/2008, 12:28 PM
What are the preferred things to volunteer for?

Tiger's ball washer. :eek:

sooneron
5/5/2008, 12:29 PM
Tiger's ball washer. :eek:

I think Pat and Hairy have that covered.:texan:

fadada1
5/5/2008, 12:31 PM
most places need volunteers for traffic control. usually you only pull a 4 hour shift, then relax and watch the tourney. most places will let you pick the hours/days to fit your schedule.

maybe you could be a locker room attendant for the tigger woods thing mentioned above.

SoonerInKCMO
5/5/2008, 12:31 PM
Something in the VIP tent if you can get it. The air-conditioning is nice when it's a muggy August afternoon.

sooneron
5/5/2008, 12:33 PM
Meh, I'm like a camel. I can hang out there forever. (years of summer tennis) I'd rather be near the action.

SoonerInKCMO
5/5/2008, 12:36 PM
Back in the day, after years of summer soccer tournaments in places like Wichita Falls and Dallas, I would've been with you on the 'hang out there forever' thing... but now I'm an old, A/C softened sissy. :D

sooneron
5/5/2008, 12:38 PM
Back in the day, after years of summer soccer tournaments in places like Wichita Falls and Dallas, I would've been with you on the 'hang out there forever' thing... but now I'm an old, A/C softened sissy. :D

Now if I don't volunteer, I will be upping my tickets to the higher level to gain indoor access.:D

King Crimson
5/5/2008, 12:38 PM
i'd avoid the merchandise tent or something like that. retail sucks no matter where you at. you want to be on the golf course, that's the thing. most of the "plum" jobs get eaten up by members and local corporate sponsors, in my experience.

marshall is not bad, doing the walking areas across fairways, etc. that kind of stuff.

sooneron
5/5/2008, 12:44 PM
most of the "plum" jobs get eaten up by members and local corporate sponsors, in my experience.

\

Damnit, I need that 6 figures for the initiation fee so I can join RCC!

OU4LIFE
5/5/2008, 02:08 PM
ball spotting if you can get it, or scorer that totes the little scoreboards around with each group.

mdklatt
5/5/2008, 02:20 PM
ball spotting if you can get it

I think Pat and Hairy have that covered.:texan:

sooneron
5/5/2008, 03:06 PM
What about the dudes with the lasers??

That's a job on the list.