PDA

View Full Version : War for oil? No, it's about spreading Democracy, remember?

JohnnyMack
5/5/2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0GWoxbMs1k

"My friends, I will have an energy policy which will eliminate our dependence on oil from Middle East that will then prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East." - John McCain

Hey at least he's being honest about it.

soonerscuba
5/5/2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0GWoxbMs1k

Hey at least he's being honest about it.
I would support the war more if they just took the oil, I don't see any other benefit to being there.

Okla-homey
5/5/2008, 11:44 AM
It should be clear to even the tin-foil hat wearers by now this is not a war to take Iraqi oil. 'Twer that so, we wouldn't be paying over three bucks a barrel. In fact, I don't think any US companies are taking delivery of any Iraqi oil.

Now, that said, it is a war over, among other things, access to oil in the region. And there's nothing wrong with that. Oil, like oxygen, is an absolutely essential element to our way of life. Without oil, life as we know it in the US ends.

KC//CRIMSON
5/5/2008, 12:06 PM
"My friends, I will have an energy policy which will eliminate our dependence on oil from Middle East that will then prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East." - John McCain

I wonder which country he plans on attacking that's not in the Middle East?:D

SoonerInKCMO
5/5/2008, 12:10 PM
In fact, I don't think any US companies are taking delivery of any Iraqi oil.

As of February (http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html) we were.

SoonerInKCMO
5/5/2008, 12:12 PM
I wonder which country he plans on attacking that's not in the Middle East?:D

Well, we get more oil from Canada than we do from any other country.

:les: ANNEX THE CANUCKS!!

yermom
5/5/2008, 12:14 PM
wasn't part of the plan to pay for the war with Iraqi oil?

soonerscuba
5/5/2008, 12:16 PM
There was a plan?

mdklatt
5/5/2008, 12:21 PM

Right after they swept all of the flowers out the streets and secured the WMD caches.

Sooner_Bob
5/5/2008, 12:26 PM
There was a plan?

Heh . . .

KC//CRIMSON
5/5/2008, 12:46 PM
Well, we get more oil from Canada than we do from any other country.

:les: ANNEX THE CANUCKS!!

I saw a 60 Minutes special on Canada's oil. T. Butt Pickens is knee deep in the oil sands of Alberta. That little fluorescent orange bastard is everywhere.

XingTheRubicon
5/5/2008, 03:43 PM
I saw a 60 Minutes special on Canada's oil. T. Butt Pickens is knee deep in the oil sands of Alberta. That little fluorescent orange bastard is everywhere.

The tar sands are still sour crude. Light sweet crude is what we need the most of for gasoline production. Guess where the largest reserves for light sweet crude are? Yeah, SA, Iraq, Iran, UAE, Kuwait, Nigeria, and Venezuela.
They all love America.

One term that you will hear more and more over the next year probably will be EROEI. Energy Returned On Energy Invested. The tar sands extracted shale has to be heated with natural gas to be produced. Russia has the largest natty gas reserves.

So, in other words, I think everyone will know why the U.S. is trying to "liberate" Iraq about 2 years from now.

JohnnyMack
5/5/2008, 03:57 PM
So, in other words, I think everyone will know why the U.S. is trying to "liberate" Iraq about 2 years from now.

Why do you hate Democracy?