PDA

View Full Version : Clark working his way back in

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2008, 09:39 AM
Good for him (http://newsok.com/clark-is-working-his-way-back/article/3239053/?tm=1209956064)

Hope he succeeds

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 10:15 AM
Would be nice to see him back next year. Maybe he'll come back with a new attitude and appreciation. Maybe there should be a poll of whether or not fans would want him back. I'm all for it.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2008, 10:23 AM
He just has a few comments in the article, but it would seem he's had to grow up over the last few months and would have no problem getting him another shot.

Rhino
5/5/2008, 11:29 AM
Maybe he'll come back with a new attitude and appreciation. Maybe there should be a poll of whether or not fans would want him back. I'm all for it. Appreciation, maybe. But, on all accounts his attitude was exemplary.

If any fan doesn't want him back, they're not very bright.

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 01:30 PM
I understand what you are saying. I only meant towards school work.

Collier11
5/5/2008, 01:42 PM
Appreciation, maybe. But, on all accounts his attitude was exemplary.

If any fan doesn't want him back, they're not very bright.

Depends on how many chances you want to give a guy, I am happy for him and hope he finishes out a great career but I didnt really want him back after we got Patillo. He has shown little appreciation for a college scholarship and representing OU

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 02:10 PM
I guess it all goes back to how bad anybody wants a player. Look at what happened at LSUcks? I know that's comparing apples to oranges, but I guess in the world of sports everybody lets players slide a lil because schools need the services of athletes.

Rhino
5/5/2008, 02:33 PM
Depends on how many chances you want to give a guy I would say he's due a second chance.

Now if he fails out again, I could see where you wouldn't want him back.

But I'll always take a 7 ppg, 5 rpg guy over an empty scholarship or a Beau Gerber. Not to mention another big body ready to play when Blake tears up his knees some more.

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 02:34 PM
I hope he's been working on his game because it seemed like before he was sent packing he was starting to hit some treys.

badger
5/5/2008, 02:38 PM
OU is about giving second chances when merited, not because of athletic need.

Examples:

Situation:OU needs a starting quarterback
Result: NO second chance to cheatin' RB.

Situation:Dusty Dvoracek works an entire year at improving his temper while maintaining grades your mother would boast to her friends about.
Result: Dusty gets one more Sooner year and makes the NFL.

Judging on these two similar situations, Moose is closer to getting a second chance. However, now would be a good time to remind players that they are getting a free education during a skyrocketing cost season on educations, and there are only two rounds in the NBA draft every year with a grand total of 30 guaranteed contracts per year for all you stud teens, Europeans and underclassers out there. STAY IN SCHOOL and get your degree, guys. Forget "Good for the team." Be selfish and think "GOOD FOR YOU!" Which, conveniently enough, is also good for the team.

Moose always seemed like a nice guy - a gentle giant, if you would, goofy like Kevin Bookout, but perhaps not taking studies seriously enough. I hope he makes every effort to get back to the LNC. I hope Sooner fans also make every effort to get back to the LNC this season like him ;)

Collier11
5/5/2008, 03:35 PM
I would say he's due a second chance.

Now if he fails out again, I could see where you wouldn't want him back.

Correct me if im wrong but wont this be his 3rd chance? That is my whole contention with this, if I am wrong then I am all for him coming back. It was my understanding that he had big time issues his 1st yr because he came in way out of shape and wasnt working hard and nearly got suspended then, so the grade issue would be chance #2. Like I said, correct me if im wrong but that is just what was told to me?

Rhino
5/5/2008, 03:41 PM
He came in overweight his first year because he was told to stay away from the court and weight room and focus on his ACT (which he had to take a couple times because of a learning disability) and his remedial college classes so he could even become a full-time student-athlete.

NormanPride
5/5/2008, 04:43 PM
The poor kid just doesn't seem to have an easy time in the classroom. Keep your chin up, Moose! Take ruthless advantage of every study hall and tutor OU provides and be just as ruthless on the court. If you hate a prof, take it out on Kansas. If you bomb a test (like we all did) drop a few bombs on Tech. Some people have it easy in the classroom and some people have it easy on the court. The difference between the two is that you can use your ease on the court to make it easier for you in the classroom. :D

Collier11
5/5/2008, 04:53 PM
He came in overweight his first year because he was told to stay away from the court and weight room and focus on his ACT (which he had to take a couple times because of a learning disability) and his remedial college classes so he could even become a full-time student-athlete.

If that is the case then I def. change my perspective on him, I would cheer for him regardless but my info was wrong which def. changes my opinion of him

stoopified
5/5/2008, 05:43 PM
The MOOSE is gettin LOOSE.

Collier11
5/5/2008, 05:48 PM
The MOOSE is gettin LOOSE.

you have another date tonight with Big Mandy?

adoniijahsooner
5/6/2008, 07:33 AM
I saw someone comparing him to RP of LSU, and I think that is unfair to Clark. having someone who not only didnt take his grades seriously, but also got into trouble with the Law, doesnt compare to just making bad grades. Some people have so many things going on personally that its a struggle to focus on school and what not. RP showed a complete disregard for everything it seems and just appeared to not give a hoot about anyone but himself. One can be healed with tutors and accountabilty, while the other sadly is often healed with 25 to Life or a graveyard.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 07:58 AM
I said that that was comparing apples to oranges. My point with that was that student athletes are given more chances because of what they provide for the university. I am ok with that fact, but am just glad that we don't have a Lester type as a coach. None of the OU coaches would allow what he has at LSUcks.

shaun4411
5/6/2008, 06:46 PM
there have been some really dumb ball players at ou in the past. even if his iq is 85, clark can at least get straight C grades

Cam
5/6/2008, 08:00 PM
shaun4411,

Clark has some relatives on this board. How bout being a good sport and deleting/changing your post? I don't think you're meaning to imply that he's dumb, but it could be taken that way.

badger
5/6/2008, 08:12 PM
shaun4411,

Clark has some relatives on this board. How bout being a good sport and deleting/changing your post? I don't think you're meaning to imply that he's dumb, but it could be taken that way.

Don't mean to put on the peer pressure, but I agree. Good grades are easy for some of us, just like good athletics are easy for others, but it's not right to kick people when they're down cuz they're not as good as you.

And someone correctly me earlier - the NBA has 30 teams, not 32. I really stopped counting a dozen years ago and really, it's 32 when you count Oklahoma City's new team (or when Seattle gets their own team later after we take theirs) and the Flint Tropics of ABA fictional fame.

birddog
5/6/2008, 08:29 PM
there have been some really dumb ball players at ou in the past. even if his iq is 85, clark can at least get straight C grades

i really miss shaun4410.

soonervegas
5/7/2008, 11:55 AM
I don't care if he has relatives on here or not, but:

Why all the knashing of teeth about him coming back? Did he shoot somebody? No. Sounds like he got himself into a little bit of acedemic issues and is in the process of working his way out of them. Sounds impressive to me for a 19 yr old to do that. How many just fade away? If he gets the grades let him back on the team....it shows character in my opinion.

soonerfan28
5/7/2008, 02:36 PM
I don't care if he has relatives on here or not, but:

Why all the knashing of teeth about him coming back? Did he shoot somebody? No. Sounds like he got himself into a little bit of acedemic issues and is in the process of working his way out of them. Sounds impressive to me for a 19 yr old to do that. How many just fade away? If he gets the grades let him back on the team....it shows character in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. How awesome would it be to see him and Blake in there at the same time.