PDA

View Full Version : Schedule?

OUSKINS
5/5/2008, 08:21 AM
Anyone have any inside info on the shcedule for next year? I believe we play USC at the LNC, but that's about the only OOC game I know about. I know that some of you occasionally get the inside dish, so if there are any beans to spill, please spill them here. Thanks :)

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 08:24 AM
I can't wait to see the USC game. They have some talent coming in next year and it would be a heck of a game.

OUSKINS
5/25/2008, 09:48 AM
Any updates???

hurricane'bone
5/25/2008, 11:43 AM
Tulsa @ the BOK Center in early December

Big Red Ron
5/25/2008, 12:01 PM
Speed bump.

hurricane'bone
5/25/2008, 12:11 PM
On the road to what? Losing by 30 in the NCAA tournament?

badger
5/25/2008, 02:55 PM
With all the talk on the Soncis here, I was wondering for a sec if you were asking about the NBA again :D

If that is the case, your standard schedule is every team twice (home-and-away), except for conference oppoents, which are four times, two away, two home, right? It's probably changed with the addition of the Bobcats... but that's roughly the NBA schej. If this is still the case, we get more meetings with the Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets, Portland Trail Blazers and Minnesota Timberwolves. w00t ?

One of the OU men's non-conf matchups at home I've heard about is Utah, which used to be good and now is a NIT (and last season, the CBI) regular. I think its in November.

Also, fun fact of the day: the season opener for the OU wimmen's in 2008-2009 (no, I am not sure who it is, but 10 cents says its Coale's alma mater Oklahoma Christian like usual) will be the 1,000th game in OU women's basketball history. The program began around 1975 (thanks to Title IX) and has continued ever since... well, except for that brief stop in the early 90s from lack of fan support, lolz. Hard to believe when we have so many people show up to games now.

Sorry, no beans to spill other than that.

Big Red Ron
5/25/2008, 03:35 PM
In the sweet 16 or elite 8, I suppose it's possible. OU will be one of the most talented teams in the country next year. Next to Kansas, we are the most talented team in the Big XII. Sorry didn't mean to offend any golden shower fans.:rolleyes:

John Kochtoston
5/25/2008, 10:28 PM

Yeah, we can't all be No. 98.

SoonerShark
5/26/2008, 05:59 PM

The game is to be played on the same day as the Big 12 Football championship, isn't it? Too bad.

soonerfan28
5/27/2008, 09:29 AM
They are going to schedule the start time around the Big 12 championship game. I know that doesn't mean that you can go to both, but for sure the Big 12 championship will be on TV, so you could go to the basketball game and then watch the Big 12 championship on TV.

soonervegas
5/27/2008, 04:52 PM
This is on soonerstats.com currently:

Non-Conference
NIT Season Tip-Off (2 home games?)
at Tulsa (BOK Center) on 12/6 - date is not 100% finalized
vs Team TBD (VCU?) at All-College (Ford Center)
at Arkansas
at Gonzaga (neutral site in Seattle?) - this might be a 2009-10 game instead
Mississippi at Norman
at Rice
USC at Norman

GrapevineSooner
5/27/2008, 05:22 PM
They are going to schedule the start time around the Big 12 championship game. I know that doesn't mean that you can go to both, but for sure the Big 12 championship will be on TV, so you could go to the basketball game and then watch the Big 12 championship on TV.

I have a private jet, so it wouldn't be a problem. ;)

OUSKINS
5/27/2008, 10:11 PM
This is on soonerstats.com currently:

Non-Conference
NIT Season Tip-Off (2 home games?)
at Tulsa (BOK Center) on 12/6 - date is not 100% finalized
vs Team TBD (VCU?) at All-College (Ford Center)
at Arkansas
at Gonzaga (neutral site in Seattle?) - this might be a 2009-10 game instead
Mississippi at Norman
at Rice
USC at Norman

Thanks--didn't know we were in the NIT this year-- could be fun if we make to MSG.

Vegas Sooner
5/27/2008, 10:11 PM
The game is to be played on the same day as the Big 12 Football championship, isn't it? Too bad.

Are you that confident on the date?

soonervegas
5/28/2008, 12:29 PM
I found this by doing a little digging....take it for what it is worth, but it is cut and paste out of a news article:

1st round hosts:
Purdue
Oklahoma
Boston College
Arizona

Other Rumored Teams of Note:
Georgia
Davidson (opens at Oklahoma)
St. John's
Santa Clara
New Mexico State
Cornell (not a team of note, but we think they are in)
James Madison (not a team of note, but we think they are in)
5 more unknown teams

badger
5/28/2008, 09:11 PM
Who is Steve Pledger? All I know is he's another Capel commit (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080528_29_B6_pncase36467) and a guard from Virginia :D