PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Kim about to win PGA Tour Wachovia

kelloggOUballa
5/4/2008, 04:46 PM
Not football, but all Sooners should know this! BOOMER!

Collier11
5/4/2008, 05:04 PM
I saw that, he may be on his way to a breakout year. He has already made well over a mil this year. Played bball with the guy at the Huff a while ago, nice guy but kind of cocky. To be expected I guess when you are that good, I hope he starts winning alot! Sooner!

SoonerStormchaser
5/4/2008, 05:46 PM
I'll take "Wrong Forum" for $200, Alex! ;)

Big Red Ron
5/4/2008, 06:01 PM
I'm certainly not of the "wrong forum" strand of SF.com DNA, so I'm probably wrong but this is indeed worthy of the football board's higher traffic.

Boomer Sooner

SteelClip49
5/4/2008, 06:38 PM
clearly there is a General Sports Forum somewhere on this board.

Big Red Ron
5/4/2008, 06:41 PM
clearly there is a General Sports Forum somewhere on this board.Man, you just can't win for losin'.

Just sayin'

LoyalFan
5/4/2008, 07:25 PM
As for me, I watched Paula Creamer win a sudden death "OT" over Julie Inkster at that ternymint up in Tulsa. Miss C. (age 21) is a hawtie! (Miss Inkster ain't, at age 47, but she's one he77 of a golfer.)
Great finish.

LF

badger
5/4/2008, 07:31 PM
Whadaya think, boyz? Do we have the next Tigah or what?
http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/564796/kim_bio.jpg
That's SOONER Tiger to you, resident oppositing fans :D

badger
5/4/2008, 07:33 PM
Oh and double post alert in advance, this is a cool article on Kim:
http://www.golfweek.com/story/Anthony_Kim_player_profile

Oh, and "wrong forum" alert too, but isn't it awesome that one of OU's golfers made it big? :D

kelloggOUballa
5/4/2008, 09:00 PM
Heck yea we have at least the next semi-Tiger. Maybe the world No. 2 eventually?

And p.s. I believe the first two words of my post were "not football". ;) Anthony Kim did go to OU because of the football and basketball teams though, so really in truly he is connected with football in a way!

snp
5/4/2008, 09:01 PM
One of my good friends. Very happy for him. We had a huge watchparty for him and had a great time.

BTW he bought his AK belt buckle at Sooner Mall. It's not real bling.

Soonerfan88
5/4/2008, 09:18 PM
I love that he has "Boomer Sooner" on his putter. :D

Congrats to AK and may it be the first of many wins!!

VA Sooner
5/4/2008, 09:19 PM
Saw him in a tournament two weeks ago and they had a close-up of him on the 15th green. His putter is a Scotty Cameron Newport and it's custom-made with "BOOMER" on the heel and "SOONER" on the toe. My brother and I looked into getting one of these made... I estimate around $400. A bit rich for my blood but a beautiful putter and a great way to show your Sooner Pride.

Boomer Sooner!:rolleyes:

lexsooner
5/4/2008, 09:20 PM
One of my good friends. Very happy for him. We had a huge watchparty for him and had a great time.

BTW he bought his AK belt buckle at Sooner Mall. It's not real bling.

Congrats! Tell him not to forget his friends. So how much bling will his $1M plus prize money buy? He can maybe start with buying back his former house in LA. What's so great is he is so young and can get so much better. Lots of rookies are at least Tiger's current age when they finally get through Q school and onto the PGA tour. If Kim can improve his sand play and driving accuracy, the sky is the limit for him.

Dan Thompson
5/4/2008, 09:53 PM
things are sure slow.

snp
5/4/2008, 10:01 PM
Congrats! Tell him not to forget his friends. So how much bling will his $1M plus prize money buy? He can maybe start with buying back his former house in LA. What's so great is he is so young and can get so much better. Lots of rookies are at least Tiger's current age when they finally get through Q school and onto the PGA tour. If Kim can improve his sand play and driving accuracy, the sky is the limit for him.

He actually just bought one for his mom back in LA. He takes care of those close to him. He's a great dude - cocky as hell and might have a little bit of an anger problem (he was pretty hilarious to watch at the Byron last Sunday on the back 9) but if he were playing any other sport no one would raise an eyebrow.

SteelClip49
5/4/2008, 10:47 PM
Anthony Kim wins the Wachovia
Todd Hamilton wins the 2004 British Open

What has a Whorn done recently?

goingoneight
5/4/2008, 11:33 PM
So can this guy play a little LB? We need someone to lay the wood this year. :D

I got nuthin'.

picasso
5/5/2008, 12:57 PM
I followed him around a bit at Southern Hills last summer. Great swing, great power. He struggled with his putting that day but it looks like he has all the tools to be a great one.

Seamus
5/5/2008, 01:34 PM
Can he master the right-hand turn?

Oh, wait. Wrong non-sport. ;)

Seriously, congrats to a great Sooner!

Cam
5/5/2008, 07:52 PM
He had a great tournament. He was a puttin machine this weekend.

sooner94
5/6/2008, 12:07 PM
I love that he has "Boomer Sooner" on his putter. :D

Congrats to AK and may it be the first of many wins!!

I saw that too. Great view of it a couple times when he was lined up for short putts. Pretty cool.

The Golf Channel did a little background peice on him in which he gave a tour of the OU Campus. He really seems to be proud to be a Sooner.

Mjcpr
5/6/2008, 12:23 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n111/rpmsooner/DSC02814.jpg