PDA

View Full Version : Jenni Carlson the Idiot strikes again...

Collier11
5/3/2008, 06:53 PM
...anyone read her interview with Tyson Chandler from the DOK yet?

http://newsok.com/hornets-big-man-has-had-his-ups-and-downs-this-year/article/3238419

Here is a sample of the brilliance if you dont want to waste your time reading the entire thing

JC: Fess up a little bit — you guys have been motivated by the doubters.

TC: I honestly don't think it makes or breaks us either way. I don't think we mind either or. At this point, people are kind of starting to come along. I don't think we care for that either. We care for the man next to us in the locker room. That's who we play for.

JC: Another fess up — you have been motivated by the doubters.

TC: I play for me and my family and my fans. I'm really encouraged by just getting better and continuing to work on my game. It's self-motivation.

Such a great question she has to ask twice?

JC: Bigger disappointment for you — missing the All-Star Game or losing your house in a wildfire in California?

Did she really ask this F*Cking retarded azz question?

JC: It's tough to stand out in New Orleans. Does being 7-foot help?

Another genius question

JC: Earlier this week, Byron Scott was named NBA Coach of the Year. Was it deserved in your mind?

Does she have to ask?

JC: What about the possibility of Chris Paul winning MVP? Would it be deserved?

Nah, of course not...why would Tyson Chandler everyt think that CP deserved the MVP

And the Grand Finally, almost as dumb as the house burning question but not quite...

JC: What about the Hornets winning an NBA title? Would that be deserved?

Youngsooner
5/3/2008, 08:20 PM
She's an idiot, we know this ;)

Collier11
5/3/2008, 08:58 PM
but most people this retarded dont put it in writing, well, except Leroy and Nick ;)

Big Red Ron
5/3/2008, 11:02 PM
Reading that, Tyson Chandler is a great and very bright guy. I did like this question, "

JC: If you guys do win that NBA (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=National+Basketball+Association&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) title, what about giving OKC a little love, a little shoutout? TC: Oklahoma's always going to be connected to the Hornets (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=New+Orleans+Hornets&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) in a special way.

Dio
5/3/2008, 11:21 PM
3/4ths of her articles are inakerit

Ash
5/4/2008, 12:04 AM
You guys know that she posts on here, don't you?

She's gonna be ****ed when she reads this thread.

Big Red Ron
5/4/2008, 12:08 AM
You guys know that she posts on here, don't you?

She's gonna be ****ed when she reads this thread.That's awesome!

Hey Jenny affirmative action sucks. Please move back to Kansas.

Ash
5/4/2008, 12:24 AM
It ain't true!!!!! [hairGel]

Collier11
5/4/2008, 01:07 AM
Oh ****e!

Ash
5/4/2008, 09:07 AM
Apparently, she's also a sponsor.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744&highlight=jenni

sooner2b09
5/4/2008, 01:10 PM
This is why the Daily Oklahoman is the 50th state newspaper out of 50, thats right, proud huh?

Collier11
5/4/2008, 02:35 PM
WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE! I thought we were up to 48th? ;)

Big Red Ron
5/4/2008, 04:08 PM
WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE! I thought we were up to 48th? ;)
Only because Mr. Gaylord died and his homosexual daughter has a major influence on it now.

You see,

pro conservative = bad

Pro liberal BS = good

in the newspaper bidness.

Ash
5/4/2008, 04:12 PM
Only because Mr. Gaylord died and his homosexual daughter has a major influence on it now.

You see,

pro conservative = bad

Pro liberal BS = good

in the newspaper bidness.

You obviously haven't read the DOK in a while.

Nary a liberal slant to be had. A daily prayer is on the front page. The op-ed page is always 99% conservative views.

Big Red Ron
5/4/2008, 04:19 PM
You obviously haven't read the DOK in a while.

Nary a liberal slant to be had. A daily prayer is on the front page. The op-ed page is always 99% conservative views.I have read it. Actually everyday. Since they fired Pat Mcquigin and the old man died leaving Christie Everest and that shlep Ed Kelley in charge, they have taken Jim Roth (openly Gay politician) as a sacred cow. They have endorsed several Democrats, it ain't the same paper and it isn't any better.

badger
5/4/2008, 07:12 PM
My thoughts on this:

This probably would have read better as a "thoughts on this, thoughts on that" article rather than a straight Q&A. Often, reporters will ask follow-ups that are similar to questions asked just to further clarify the answers given. In this case, it didn't really reflect well on the writer by having nearly identical questions back-to-back.

While the questions targeted are not the best (another reason why it might have been better to stress the subject rather than the questions verbatim), a majority of the questions are good for the OKC basketball fans who still cling to the Hornets.

The reason why I say the targeted questions are "not the best," other than having similar questions over and over, is because they are leading questions. For the lawyers out there, we all know why you don't ask leading questions. For the journalists out there, I understand why you ask them, but also understand why you shouldn't. You want them to say a particular thing to get at the angle you're going for. Alas, maybe that angle isn't the truth or isn't the full story.

When asking "do you think its deserved?" for Chris Paul to be MVP, or Byron Scott to be Coach of the Year, is there any room for a "no" response? Of course not, especially not in the middle of a playoff run where you're up against the defending champs. A better version of the same question that leaves room open for a wide variety of answers (and not pre-planned answers that leading questions provide), would be "What are your thoughts on Byron Scott as Coach of the Year?" or "Who's your frontrunner for NBA Most Valuable Player?" Now, you're going to still get the answers that you want, but you may get even more than you originally planned for with these. For example, perhaps he'll give a funny Coach Scott story. If he names off somebody other than Chris Paul for MVP, you can follow-up with "What will CP3 think of that?"

Ok, just my two cents. I am neither a Jenni fan nor an anti-Jenni. However, I am an avid reader of all Oklahoma media. On a positive note, it's good to follow the Hornets playoff run, even though they're out of OKC... and because we might not get the Sonics after all :(

(psst... what do you think of the name change of "Supersonics" to "Soonersonics?")

Sooner24
5/4/2008, 07:40 PM
Since there hasn't been a Daily Oklahoman for 5 or 6 years now looks like some of you need to get your facts straight. ;)

goingoneight
5/4/2008, 11:32 PM
(psst... what do you think of the name change of "Supersonics" to "Soonersonics?")

That would go over wonderfully... I'm telling you... "Sooner Scout Team" does have a nice ring to it. ;)