PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush - It ain't over yet (Part II)

Dan Thompson
5/3/2008, 11:27 AM
Another link in the LA Times by this Dufus reporter. Not the comment about OU, that IMHO, has nothing to do with the story. Dufus likes to poke these kinds of comments at OU whenever he has a chance.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-dufresne3-2008may03,0,120697.story

Pistal Pete Carrol and an assistant coach McNair may have to testify in the Bush case. He is another story from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bush3-2008may03,0,3768729.story

MichiganSooner
5/3/2008, 12:48 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the OU remark. When we were faced with sanctions for the car dealership job scandal and wins were to be vacated, we fans argued that each team we had beaten understood that they had been beaten.

I don't wish NCAA sanctions on anybody, including SC, but if it is deserved, so be it. Across the board, Pete Carroll is a very good coach. But if the program was out of control and it appears it very well may have been, then he is going to have to be dealt the consequences.

RedstickSooner
5/3/2008, 01:40 PM
I'll admit, I've pre-judged USC to a certain extent. After watching them land the best recruiting classes in the country for close to a decade straight (with their few off-years generally coming in seasons where they simply didn't have many scholarships to offer) it's hard not to wonder what makes their program so much more intriguing than, say, UCLA.

And, yeah, I dig that they've been competing for the title -- but even before they were consistently in the national championship hunt, Petey boy was reeling in top-line class after class.

If they aren't/weren't cheating, he's an even better recruiter than Switzer. And that's saying something.

Big Red Ron
5/3/2008, 11:38 PM
he's an even better recruiter than Switzer. Now that's just crazy talk. ;)

cheezyq
5/4/2008, 03:45 PM
"Ryan was given every opportunity to be part of this football team," Miles said in a statement.

Understatement of the year....

badger
5/4/2008, 09:33 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the OU remark. When we were faced with sanctions for the car dealership job scandal and wins were to be vacated, we fans argued that each team we had beaten understood that they had been beaten.

omg, that makes sense... spek!

but at the same time, I want to continue hating usc... can i agree with you but still hate usc? ;)

CatfishSooner
5/4/2008, 09:44 PM
F...usc..

Dan Thompson
5/4/2008, 09:47 PM
If USC played in the Big XII they probably would be on probation about half the time.

goingoneight
5/4/2008, 11:45 PM
If USC played in the Big XII they probably would lose half the time.

Agreed. :)

stoopified
5/5/2008, 05:52 PM
I'll admit, I've pre-judged USC to a certain extent. After watching them land the best recruiting classes in the country for close to a decade straight (with their few off-years generally coming in seasons where they simply didn't have many scholarships to offer) it's hard not to wonder what makes their program so much more intriguing than, say, UCLA.

And, yeah, I dig that they've been competing for the title -- but even before they were consistently in the national championship hunt, Petey boy was reeling in top-line class after class.

If they aren't/weren't cheating, he's an even better recruiter than Switzer. And that's saying something.The big advantage PC has over Bob and most other recruiters is that there is more talent within 25 miles of campus than within 250 miles of many schools.Switzer argued that point when the NCAA limited coaching contacts and visits.He said schools in high populataion centers would have a built-in advantage.