PDA

View Full Version : Breaking NFL news...

Collier11
5/2/2008, 02:54 PM
...Espn just reported that Marvin Harrison got in a fight with a guy in the bar he owns in Philly, he then followed the guy out of the bar and shot at the guy several times with a hand gun. The guy was grazed and a little girl was hit with shattering glass from the gun fire. The shooter is believed to be Harrison but not 100% yet though it is known that the bullets came from his gun

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 03:10 PM
no way...thats crazy....i guess no more telling WRs to act like Marvin Harrison

colleyvillesooner
5/2/2008, 03:22 PM
Not unless you want them to shoot people...

tulsaoilerfan
5/4/2008, 03:02 PM
So any update on this? I haven't heard a word about it since the story first broke

Collier11
5/4/2008, 05:01 PM
last I heard the Police either have some witnesses that wont come forward or they think they have witnesses who just havent come forward yet...not sure

bri
5/4/2008, 07:11 PM
Apparently, sore knees may be able to keep you on the bench and unable to run the same f*cking route 30 times a game, but you can still pop a cap in a dude.

colleyvillesooner
5/4/2008, 07:40 PM
I read somewhere that he has a collection of 20+ guns at his house. No significance, just thought it was interesting.

bri
5/4/2008, 07:49 PM
Maybe he checks 'em out like library books.

Hey, man, that Glock is three days overdue!

Scott D
5/4/2008, 10:23 PM
*shrug* His reps are saying he had nothing to do with it. Most of the witnesses that won't come forward to the cops are supposedly telling people that he didn't do it. The guy that got shot said he didn't do it, and one 'witness' apparently said he did do it.

bri
5/4/2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, that's why we're making all the jokes now, before he's officially absolved. :D

colleyvillesooner
5/4/2008, 10:34 PM
Still he gun though right? I think the leaugue has to sit him if it turns out his gun was used to shoot someone, unless it was stolen, which seems unlikely.

bri
5/4/2008, 10:36 PM
Why is it so unlikely? 20 guns would be hard to keep track of, I'd think. :D

colleyvillesooner
5/4/2008, 10:42 PM
Why is it so unlikely? 20 guns would be hard to keep track of, I'd think. :D

Yeah, but the odds it gets stolen, then used in a shooting at the bar you own, then dumped in a bucket at a car wash you own have got to be at least 5, maybe 6-1. :D

bri
5/4/2008, 11:04 PM
Meh. The odds against Peyton Manning winning a title were even worse than that, and look how that worked out for him! :D

Scott D
5/5/2008, 05:13 AM
Still he gun though right? I think the leaugue has to sit him if it turns out his gun was used to shoot someone, unless it was stolen, which seems unlikely.

it's amusing it's gone from "Being a gun owned by Harrison" to now being "Similar to a gun owned by Harrison." The shoddy reporting that has been going on with this story is amusing at best. You just have to love the "grab at every possible tidbit, forget the possibility of it being a vapor trail" mentality of the media. This story is almost as bad as the NY paper that said Sean Avery was in cardiac arrest and had to be rushed to the hospital when the truth was, Avery complained of discomfort and drove himself to the hospital.

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I get ya. The "facts" initially reported would have led to a swift naming of Harrison as a suspect.

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2008, 05:42 PM
Update:

Sources: Six of casings found after shooting came from Harrison's gun

Six of the bullet casings found after an April 29 shooting near Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage came from a gun that belongs to the Colts wide receiver, Philadelphia police sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Police returned to the scene of the crime Monday to examine bullet holes in two residences after new information was provided to police by an alleged third victim of the shooting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3382026

Scott D
5/5/2008, 09:40 PM
Well this should make the story interesting if nothing else. And it continues to give ESPN an excuse to make the NFL a 12 month long thing.